[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

cahya said: @cynkdf:  Ah poor MTT. Sincerely wish the best for them. Still remember the way people said Secret will be just irrelevant therefore let's wait for the epic battle between The Heirs & MTT.  Ouch boy.  Honestly surprised though, Koreans & Japanese generally love medical drama so yeah... guess it's either the story/acting or viewers just tired, too many medical drama this past few years. Actually as long as they can put fresh materials into it, like Japanese do with their med dramas, it will be OK. But apparently MTT still not yet shows it's uniqueness among dozen other of med dramas.

20%? Not easy in this day & age. Only few drama managed it this year. Even they only reach it near the end of drama. But Secret's success is so highlighted not mainly b'coz of the actual numbers; but more b'coz of it's underrated-nes in the beginning, the heavy-hype competitors, & how it still never experience rating down. Let's see if it can reach 20% by eps 12-14.

@banini - hi there! I notice that is your first post - WELCOME!  :)>-
I loved your insights. 
As much as I love romance and want Min Hyuk and Yoo Jung to *somehow* find a way to heal each other -- at this moment, I can't see how the issue of San can be resolved unless.... and this is really horrible, please forgive me, but from a narrative perspective -- it would make more sense if San really did pass away from sepsis. (though NOT from Min Hyuk's involvement) that's a MUST.
Then both leads would have suffered the loss of a child and their respective *great loves* --- this would give them a legitimate basis to bind together, otherwise we'll end up with Min Hyuk's love being tainted by guilt (we already have Do Hoon for that) and Yoo Jung's ever-flowing forgiveness becoming (in my opinion) self-immolation. Because what kind of insanity would cause you to choose to spend your life with a man who purposefully caused the death of your beloved child? Do.not.want.that.ending.
I keep going back to the guilty-face of the ugly-inside-and-out mother in law (Do Hoon's Mom) ....that reprehensible woman KNOWS something and I think all of us are hoping the writer will indulge us in at least one scene where she gets a Knock-Down - either physical or verbal.Heck -- I'll even take a scene of Do Hoon introducing Se Yeon to her. (!) Can you imagine how far Se Yeon's nose would go up in the air? Stratosphere, baby!
Additionally -- I've always found Min Hyuk's step mother to be really creepy in her interactions with him. Some have suggested a blood bond between them, but I get squicky 'forbidden love' vibes from her - or rather, jealousy, which is sorta the same thing. It's more like she speaks to him in a seductive tone - which..."he's your stepson, so NO woman - step away from the candy!" 
And lastly (I'm on a roll ~ ha) ...Big Daddy. What's he got and how long does he have? Because ...puhlease ~ do not have him hospitalized and then endless scenes of old-guy CEO about to die off. Hate that -- with a passion. 
;)

First time leaving comment here...This drama storyline is very good that i can ignore the fact that i dislike HJE "new" face. I am not complain about PS because everyone entitled their opinion..everyone can have PS all they want. But i dislike the fact that she already pretty even before the PS. And for some reason, i feel that she's too cautious with her face in some scene.
But her acting cover her "new" face anyhow. Not to mention the SW. kudos to her / him.
One thing i curious about, and probably the biggest shock above all, about JH's accident. Is that a possibilities that she was dead before the hit and run? remember that she was running from some guys and hiding somewhere that night. And someone from MH's family was the one the culprit ?
2nd mysteri is San whereabout..I believe San is not dead..or at least i hope so..

fantast1ksuae said: Another thing I like about Secret...there's no specially designed bracelet, necklace or pin they're trying to get the fans to buy...yes there are SY's diamond ring but its not unique enough....and YJ's teeeny puny CZ ring, thats dime a dozen...the ID bracelet, thats more for safety/health issue... :|
Ok, for this Christmas season, I dare all of you to buy an I.D. bracelet...come to think of it, I really need one because I ride road bikes...I would need this in case a DH wannabe try to hit me on the road and I crash /:)

Guest falloutjane

I think San's dead. Because for one, if he isn't, there should be some progress in that direction. We're already midway through the drama and there are a lot of loose ends just with the living characters. Stepsister/Stepmom actual relationship, YJ's father's death, DH's downfall, the whole MH and his KGroup issues, MH and dad issues and YJ discovery of the real rat that DH is etc. 
I think DH is behind San's separation from YJ, no doubt about it. (MH didn't even know about the son until that visit where he saw her playing with him. And I could be wrong but I think this was after he offered DH the deal if he said no to the parole.) And pushed by mom, DH did put San in an orphanage. I mean come on, he could easily put the woman who helped him out for many years behind bars, and not only that, vetoed her parole. A son he barely knew, he could easily put him in an orphanage. The death of San though was really possibly something that all of them didn't expect. I don't think the family has enough support or money behind them to fake the death. Dad is just forever in the dark about anything and everything. 
And yes, I really need to get out of this thread. 

ninaanin said: Hello! First time here and really loving this drama :)

I just want to say that, in another drama, I would hate YJ character for her blind love. But, here I just think it makes completely sense. Be BSB's fault, writter's fault or the fault of both of them, but I myself, even knowing the truth, I feel myself being foolled by DH expressions and contradictory feelings: my rational side see clearly the "evil", but my emotional side can't help but suffer with him (but both sides want that he will be damned at the end!!).

So, it is no wonder that YJ would still continue to protect DH, and minimizes MH actions. I think that, as MH is perturbed by her and doesn't really understand YJ's behaviour, YJ is also perturbed by him and doesn't understand his contradictory behaviour towards her. I also think that both, right now, can't still trust each other.

About DH: from the point of view of YJ, DH is the guy that she can (still) trust. I have the idea that YJ has always known DH is a weak person, not so strong as her, someone who she has to protect, since the begin of their relationship. Her mistake is that she thinks he is capable of love like she is, and that he is a natural good guy. She doesn't see how he is haunted by (and torn between) his good and bad wishes, his fears and his greed for power, position and (less maybe) money. 

Why JY can still trust DH:
1. First of all she doesn't know what we and MH know.
2. During 7 years he showed a kind of devotion towards her (if out of love or gratitude - my bet - only DH can say).
3. He didn't ask her to take the responsability for the hit-and-run. He let her do it, but not asked directely;  he even insists few times if she was sure, sying she could still back off. So, from YJ's pov, it was her choise.
4. Again, he showed to her that he was trying to save her. We know that what he did wasn't enough, but not YJ. She only saw him trying.
5. During the whole time in prison, DH produced a way to visit YJ every month. In her point of view, it was awesome, he didn't abondon her.
6. During the whole time in prison, DH take care of YJ's daddy, and said he was (or his mother) visiting or seeing their son. She doesn't know what he did w/ the boy and in the parole case.
7. After she was free, he was there to pick her up, hugging her and showing happiness for her freedom.
8. He help her to look for her daddy. She didn't know what he did to her daddy, only that he looked for him the whole night.
9. He didn't break with her, she did. From her pov, it was her choise. And as things appears (or he made it appears) to her, she could even think that her choise made him suffer. She could even think he didn't want break with her.
10. From now on, every occasion, very smartelly, DH contrives to show to her a kind of worry, as if he was interested in her well being. And most important, she thinks it was DH who saved her from the death, and who cared her the whole night.

If we put it together, it isn't at all strange or idiotic or too much naive if YJ chooses to trust a guy that she has been loving for about 11 years - and who seems to have remained reliable, than a guy that openly has been showing not like her, even wishing her disgrace. The whole make completely

And, this, in my opinion, is one of the reasons why I think this drama sooo good! :)

Guest Fransiska Yani

for a person that hate your gf's killer, MH sure does hold YJ's hand very freely

:D

i cant stop myself thinking that whenever he holds her hand

:D

BTW i confess, I ROFLed at the scene in ep 6, that MH popped out in the room at the very crucial moment with his flower patterned blazer and said his line "i gave it to her (the ring)" ahahaha :D I got distracted by that blazer very much. sorry, drama :D

i am sure 90% of the actors and actresses got their teeth done :D but all of them look fabuluous with perfect upper teeth, i am envious!

agreed. when i was watching that scene i thought the same. the koreans i ve met so far and also knowledge from the dramas i didnt see any korean that cannot sing :D so he was really good at singing bad :D LOL if it makes sense :D

Hi and welcome. sorry to cut your post. i am with you with Yj,s character. probably the always-cheery-candy-girl of a melo drama character of her scares people that dont watch this drama (yet) but when we started to watch we see that her being like that is not just a character thing but also one of the main plot points in this drama. a man who lost his belief in love and  a woman who will not abandon the the belief of love! 

----
ALSO
actually when i watched the first episode only, i really think that a love line between them would be too sad for me as an audience so i started very prepared to have non-happy ending if they dont give us at the end. i mean if i were YJ and even if i come to love a man (MH) that i have such a past with it. I would just bury my love deep into my heart and leave him. But after watching the drama now i can see that they can be together. But i am open minded to every kinda ending for now :D 

i can't quote properly with my hand phone ....

But i think YJ is supposed to be falling in love with MH. MH already falls for her. And DH is supposed to be the evil one. DH has to turned completely can't come back to YJ.

That's the right solution.

Guest reedtrip82

I think San is dead too. And MH know YJ was pregnant while in prison. I believe MH offer the deal to DH if YJ doesn't get parole but MH is unaware of the scheme DH use. Which of course by taking San away and DH probably didn't expect his son to die at the orphanage

I hate to say it but,  I rather they leave San dead...Or bring him back into the picture after DH shows his true face to SJ....I think the Plot of San and how it's handled is the one that could turn this into a crap sandwich.
My wish listMH gets kicked out of family home and has to live with SJ because of debt, Kwang Soo too.....because MH needs help shaving his armpits
They drop the whole little sister birth secret crappola, unless she's MH's child from when step-mommy molested him....It's late my mind's twisted
Daddy actually gets, like , you know scary?.....What does he do anyway?
We get to see Kwang Soo's Hyung-nim in action, they hinted at it...I want them to push his character further before he becomes 1D like Daddy
SJ to not cry in an episode, If MH starts crying in every episode we'll have another Miss You on our hands...(though , I liked Miss You, all the crying was 8-|)
We keep the pace and tension, I want the driver revelation + boardroom antics to be the beginning of the avalanche. If they start this next episode with react, react, react....I'll be happy
DH >:P, the actor is doing well with this role

@shae - RE: "My wish listMH gets kicked out of family home and has to live with SJ because of debt, Kwang Soo too.....because MH needs help shaving his armpits" 
bwahahahaa!! All KILL.(read that while listening to shuffle on itunes ~ 2pm's 10 out of 10 was playing) perfect timing!
I'd like to see Min Hyuk living with gangster Unni to @falloutjane ) ... he'd be spoon fed by ajummas every day. (snickers)

Guest reedtrip82

This might be out in the blue ...but I want MH to marry YJ just to richard simmons DH and SY off LOL since SY vote him out of office and befriend with DH ( who he hate) this is a good slap in the face. And of course YJ will agreed because she in debt with him for 30 years LOL interest fee is unavoidable

Guest Fransiska Yani

@cynkdf i watched our leading actresses and actors interview with arirang. I saw BSB was very different from his roles, even in Dong Yi. Is it his truly nature?

@FransiskaYani - have you seen BSB in 49 Days BTS? Adorable (and it's not only I who says that :)) . I used to be able to watch the SBS Youtube 49 Days BTS clips but now they are blocked in my country (Singapore).
He's low-profile - best friends Jo Hyun Jae, Jin Goo and Ko Soo are all pretty quiet guys.  Someone once said he or she wonders what they talk about when they  all get together :)

sally_b said: .... it would make more sense if San really did pass away from sepsis. (though NOT from Min Hyuk's involvement) that's a MUST.
I keep going back to the guilty-face of the ugly-inside-and-out mother in law (Do Hoon's Mom) ....that reprehensible woman KNOWS something and I think all of us are hoping the writer will indulge us in at least one scene where she gets a Knock-Down - either physical or verbal.Heck -- I'll even take a scene of Do Hoon introducing Se Yeon to her. (!) Can you imagine how far Se Yeon's nose would go up in the air? Stratosphere, baby!
Additionally -- I've always found Min Hyuk's step mother to be really creepy in her interactions with him. Some have suggested a blood bond between them, but I get squicky 'forbidden love' vibes from her - or rather, jealousy, which is sorta the same thing. It's more like she speaks to him in a seductive tone - which..."he's your stepson, so NO woman - step away from the candy!"

Guest Fransiska Yani

@FransiskaYani - have you seen BSB in 49 Days BTS? Adorable (and it's not only I who says that

:)

) . I used to be able to watch the SBS Youtube 49 Days BTS clips but now they are blocked in my country (Singapore).

He's low-profile - best friends Jo Hyun Jae, Jin Goo and Ko Soo are all pretty quiet guys.  Someone once said he or she wonders what they talk about when they  all get together :)

I've not see the BTS. But i can imagine that. He was so sweet and his voice was nice to hear. :D

thanks for the info

banini said: sally_b said: .... it would make more sense if San really did pass away from sepsis. (though NOT from Min Hyuk's involvement) that's a MUST.