[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Hello, I haven't said anything on this forum since the petition we were planning a while back. I almost forgot about it, but I found some old notifications in my email and decided to come back. Anyway, enough gibberish. What I wanted to say was that, after trying to catch up on about 50 pages (I may have cheated, LOL), I feel like the whole language and cultural barrier seems to generate some questions. So I could try and actually be of some use to somebody. I'm a K-fan who no longer lives in Korean, so I understand the Korean language and culture, so if you guys ever have any questions or issues on that I could try and help. I'm definitely not trying to say that I'm in any way better than anyone else or anything, to be clear, and I'm not trying to brag. I could never have your eyes for spotting all those SA moments anyway. So, conclusion, if you guys have questions on things regarding Korea's language or culture, please tag me and I will be very happy to answer.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, charlenex03 said:

Hello, I haven't said anything on this forum since the petition we were planning a while back. I almost forgot about it, but I found some old notifications in my email and decided to come back. Anyway, enough gibberish. What I wanted to say was that, after trying to catch up on about 50 pages (I may have cheated, LOL), I feel like the whole language and cultural barrier seems to generate some questions. So I could try and actually be of some use to somebody. I'm a K-fan who no longer lives in Korean, so I understand the Korean language and culture, so if you guys ever have any questions or issues on that I could try and help. I'm definitely not trying to say that I'm in any way better than anyone else or anything, to be clear, and I'm not trying to brag. I could never have your eyes for spotting all those SA moments anyway. So, conclusion, if you guys have questions on things regarding Korea's language or culture, please tag me and I will be very happy to answer.

Just in time!   @charlenex03   Wanna know about your culture regarding man/women skinship!  'Coz if i just based it on my culture,  i would really say that these two is beyond bfgf level!  if you based it in our culture seeing how they are now is more like a couple who've been living together for quite sometime now.  Jk less skinship to Sjh as per @jeremilee@jeremylim88 (sorry for jeremilee for tagging pressed the wrong button couldnt undone it or i dont kniw how,  sorry)  said,  i think for me bcoz once jk reciprocate jh skinship it will be a direct confirmation already!  As i can see i think jk is not ready to go public or just dont want to go public to avoid people talking abt it.  So as a knet fan i want to know and understand how it is in your culture. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I always feel that Spartace dating while JH was part of the Monday Couple was a really complicated situation and that we can only imagine 1/4th of the complexity involved. Think there has been some discussion of this on the forum before where somebody brought up how all the three of them also share the responsibility of making MC into this big a Goliath and that we don't quite see that because of our bias. Finally, all of them had the option of quitting the show if they wanted to, so it wasn't really a "gun pointed at your head" kind of situation. Outside of the show, the Monday Couple did CFs together and JH promoted Gary's merchandise and all of this was about them using their existing popularity. Yeah, one can say Gary needed JH more than JH needed Gary since JH, as the lone woman on the show and the ACE, had another variety character to fall back upon, but I also wouldn't say JH did all that just coz she wanted to help Gary financially. If JK wanted to, he need not have supported MC to this extent, but he did go along with it since he felt it was in everybody's interests including his. I tend to look at the SA situation with a lot of sympathy since I feel they were all doing things they weren't really comfortable with, but at the end of the day, if I look at it objectively, I will also have to say they could have quit the show if they didn't want to go along with their roles or need not have entered into business deals outside the show. It is a fairly murky terrain if you get into it since both personal sacrifice and professional success are entwined and think most fans would prefer not to get into the nitty-gritties.

But then I also feel that it is hard to see the entertainment industry in clear black and white terms since survival requires adapting to the given situation even if you may not quite like it. JK's former agency tortured him and Kim Jung Nam and if he wanted to teach them a lesson, he could have rebelled like Jung Nam and left his life as an idol singer. However, JK continued with Turbo though he knew things hadn't improved much and down the years, was able to carve a place for himself in the industry. It is that perseverance which helped him re-launch Turbo and give work to Jung Nam who quit and then ended up nowhere. If JK had also quit then like Jung Nam to teach his agency a lesson, he may also have been blacklisted and ended up nowhere. The k-industry is small and there is so much competition and nobody is irreplaceable, even Yoo Jae Suk. So while quitting is a choice and perhaps the more ethical thing to do in such a situation, they would have also had to brave the unfortunate consequences. The more recent case is the firing controversy. Though JK and JH got shabbily treated by SBS and at one point thought of cutting ties with it (the plan to donate their salaries was definitely a slap in the face move), they finally chose to accept their apology and come back on the show.

I remember JSJ saying during one of the early fanmeets that the adulation for the show from overseas fans used to surprise him. He said they used to treat the members as Hallyu stars and that they probably imagined that they all lived in palatial houses back home when the reality wasn't that rosy at all. So, while either of the 3 could have quit the show at any point, they wouldn't have reached where they are now. I am not saying they couldn't have ended up doing more popular projects since anything can happen in life and in the industry, but for them to continue despite the difficult situation, tells me they thought quitting the show was a huge risk (though Gary did quit the show at the end to focus on his music). Yes, part of it may be their loyalty to the show and the roles they had been given, but part of it was also their self-interest. If they were less ambitious people who could have been happier with their lives doing some other work, perhaps quitting would not have been that hard. 

So when it comes to Spartace dating while JH was part of the Monday Couple, there is no black and white. There are only grey areas where all of them at times prioritised their career and the happiness success would bring them over their personal happiness. There may also have been times the two overlapped like say using MC as a cover during the early days of dating when they didn't want all the attention.

All of them may have crossed the line at some point or the other with their remarks or forced fanservice, but then they were also reacting to situations that kept popping up with what they thought was the right move at that time. There may have been times when they stood up against the expectations and demands of the production team and times they acquiesced. The three of them are as human as the rest of us. Though as a shipper, I believe JK and JH have sacrificed more than Gary and see them as more secure people who may have done things differently if they were in Gary's situation, I admit that we don't know the pressures on him and that there may have been instances where Gary was sensitive to their situation which don't always come to our notice.

Gary was also playing a professional role. Monday Couple was always about Gary being the active participant, so if Gary also ceased to do fan service, then there wouldn't be any screen time for MC. Whatever one may feel about Gary, he did secure a lot of screen time for both of them over the years. In episodes with female guests, unless Gary did some MC fanservice, he and JH wouldn't get enough screen time, so MC interactions were also about that. Feel that if the MC loveline had been built more organically, JH would have participated in it more. But while Gary was eager to do a loveline in the beginning of the show to get a distinct role on the show (since being KJK's kid was kind of limiting), JH was just getting her bearings and Gary really wasn't her type to begin with. So, for JH, being the Monday GF involved creating a version of her romantic self that wasn't really true to herself while for Gary, some of the flirting that was part of being the Monday BF came quite naturally. So there was a huge difference in how both dealt with being part of the Monday Couple.  But down the years, JH learnt to be more comfortable with her variety version and I feel there have been many a time she enjoyed the banter with Gary as part of her role. 

I feel things got more complicated after SA started dating since JK also became part of the picture. I think there may have been times where all three of them had conflicts of interest. There may have been times when JH wasn't comfortable doing MC, but Gary and JK were okay with it, times when JH and Gary were comfortable with doing MC, but JK wasn't so enthused, times when only Gary wanted to do MC while JH and JK did not want to do it and times when all the three of them did not want to do it, but the production team wanted them to. JH's reaction in the above instance at the Singapore fanmeet is an example of the first. JK has had more visible bitter moments on the show, but there has also been one instance at a fanmeet PC where he went against the members' remarks (including JH's) about the MC comeback as an attempt to satisfy the demand of the fans and joked that it was coz the Monday Couple were getting CFs abroad. The third case is the Seven Spoons race where the production team wanted to give MC fans their version of WGM and Gary seemed happy to play along and out-rival Chen Bolin. But SJH seemed quite unwilling and from JK's silence and non-participation in the teasing, he also seemed to share her sentiments. As an instance of the fourth, we have episode 210 opening where FD Dong Wan asks JH how she spent her weekend. JH replies she had been sleeping and then Dong Wan tells Gary that there had been rumours of him meeting up with JH. Gary denies it outright and says he had been with another woman. You can see JK tensing up when the Q&A is going on and breaking out in relieved laughter asking "So it was not JH?" after Gary gives his answer. Later, Gary can be seen mouthing "stress, stress" to Haha who is seated opposite him. LOL So feel this was an instance where the production team wanted Gary and JH to say they met up during the weekend (don't know, but perhaps they had met up for some business which the production team came to know of) and thus spark rumours of a real life MC romance. So feel there may have been situations where Gary knew the production team wanted him to do something which he knew both JH and JK didn't want and where he chose to side with them over the PDs. 

It may not have been always JH, JK and Gary's decision to go on with an MC moment as well . The other cast members may have also stepped in at times to convince either one or the three to go along with what had been planned by the production team. For instance, SJ often had to play the role of the MC father-in-law like the time he implied at a fanmeet (the video @twinlovers shared) that there was something going on between MC by saying "nobody knows their real equation" or the time he brought JH over to Gary's side and nudged her to give the heart-shaped fried squid to Gary to mark the MC 5th anniversary. While JS usually liked to stay away from the MC business (he could also afford to since he was the leader of the team and had more power than say SJ who would have to go along with the PD team's bidding), there was also one time when he had to step in and force MC - this was during the Seven Spoons Race where he repeatedly said he wanted to see the MC shoot WGM. 

I feel that while Gary and JK may not have been exactly that close, coz of their different personalities as well as the MC business, JH and Gary were able to build a friendship over the years which became more visible after MC ended on the show. I also think there may have been times when JH and Gary tested each other's patience because of their conflicts of interest and apologised to each other later. For instance, in a fancam of the "Hard to be Humble" performance which is after the awkward MC moment at the Singapore fanmeet, you can see JH turning in Gary's direction and calling out his name loudly when he is about to rap. So feel that was her way of compensating for her over-reaction since she would know Gary there was just trying to do his role. After all, as somebody pointed out, Gary also doesn't look that happy standing next to JK waiting to create that MC moment. 

All said and done, while Gary's position may not have been as hard as that of JK and JH, it wasn't ideal as well. So even though there are quite a few instances where I get annoyed with him (like this insurance comment and some others), I try not to judge him harshly based on them alone. I believe that the situation was such that it brought out the best and worst in everybody, including JK and JH. Since Gary's role on the show was in jeopardy coz of the SA situation, he may have clung to it more than JK and JH who had the faith that they could fall back upon other roles. Also, it was Gary who put in more effort over the years to build the MC equation compared to JH who wasn't as enthused about it from the beginning, so losing that role may have mattered to him more. He, perhaps, also knew that without being the MC BF, he didn't have the skills to create another character since his and JK's characters overlapped to some degree. So I do cut him some slack at times.

At the same time, I don't see all the PDs as villains either. I don't think SA had that close a relationship with Taek PD during whose tenure MC was promoted as almost real, but I know Myuk PD was pretty invested in developing the MC in the beginning and remained close to Gary, JH and JK even outside the show. JH and Myuk PD do share a great friendship and it was after his comeback as the PD that JH got more of a role on the show. Yet he gave JK one of his most obviously uncomfortable lovelines with the guest Soo Ae. Yet, after resigning from SBS, we know Myuk PD does meet up with SA. So, the PDs may also have had pressure from their higher ups and had to make the cast do things they knew would make them uncomfortable.

I also feel that the reason MC became such a huge thing at the fanmeets during 2014-2016 was coz they needed the i-audience to keep on supporting the show since RM was struggling with ratings in Korea. So, it may not have been just about making more money through the fanmeets, it may also have been about showing the production heads that the show needed to stay on since though the domestic audience had dwindled, it still had an i-audience who were ready to spend enough money to buy the tickets and the merchandise. Hence, more pressure on JH, Gary and JK to toe the production team's line.

AlwAys happy to read your thoughts!  Couldn't argue with you.  I said a long time ago in my comment,  if both parties (mc & sa)  dont agree with the situation maybe they quitted long time ago. But this is work,  and long time before jk&jh dated (as most of us believe)  they know already regarding this situation.  They cannot say stop bcoz it is part of their job!  You may ask why they did not quit.  The thing is,  sbs is one of the major media stn in sk,  they might accept it or not but even if they quit both would still be working in the same industry thus they need most of the major media stn to promote their activities and i believe sbs is influential,  thus making them an enemy is like a big risk for them.  So whether they are comfortable or not with the situation,  they have to deal with it.  But i blieve all parties involve talked about how they would carry on with their job without hurting or disrespecting others. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

One that's always stood out to me is the question of "Why hasn't KJK gotten married?" Many people say that it's because he hasn't found the right woman yet or is waiting for someone (lol YEH). If you don't think KJK has dated at all in the last seven years, then you're crazy. When CTH teased him about dating at the end of year award shows and KJK freaked out, many people were confident that KJK was in a relationship. The thing is that there's no reason for KJK to hide his relationship or postpone a wedding if he's serious. Whether the person is a celeb or non-celeb, his fans just want to see him settled down and happy. So why is he hiding his girlfriend? Unless, of course, that person is SJH. And that was the first name that jumped into most k-netz minds from what I remember. She is really the only name linked with his nowadays other than RM love lines (though YEH-KJK shippers still exist). 

I agree with everything you said but this part is the most striking because I have the same question, "why isn't he married?" 

I remember when I watched an episode of Happy Together with the TROS dads as guests. YJS's friend Lee Hwi Jae, from what I've gathered is a big playboy, and he said that there's something wrong with men who aren't married when they are 40. So my point is, KJK is more likely to get married than him, so why wait? Or maybe what's wrong with him is the situation he and his partner is in. 

I read somewhere here that in his other show with his mom, that it's too late for a spring wedding. Regardless if this has something to do with culture or beliefs, what I got from that, aside that he's already got someone that he wants to marry, is that a.) his partner and him already talked about getting married b.) they already planned or is already planning their wedding.

And also, sometimes we forget that the answer that we're looking for is right under our noses. We just don't see it because it's not the answer we want. Or in our case, the answer that our neighbors want. 

I have a question tho, did they ever deny their relationship? Because if I'm not mistaken, depending on the subs, in KJK's show, EC, he just explained the situation why they acted that way but he didn't deny that they are dating. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, tunanoona said:

I have a question tho, did they ever deny their relationship? Because if I'm not mistaken, depending on the subs, in KJK's show, EC, he just explained the situation why they acted that way but he didn't deny that they are dating. 

If they are asked directly, KJK and SJH have to give some sort of answer, but I don't think they've ever bluntly said "We're not dating." However, they usually respond with "We're like family". I can't find the video but at one of the Running Bros fan meetings, KJK was asked about marriage and some of the audience yelled "Song Ji Hyo!" KJK then said she was like a sister to him (and then HH laughed). I think that's the only time KJK has referred to her as a sister (correct me if I'm wrong). SJH has really only been asked about KJK on RM and during fanmeetings, and she usually just says "We're like family." So they've denied it when they've had to, but I don't think I've ever seen them go out of their way to say that they're "like brother and sister". I wouldn't take it too seriously. Celebs deny all the time that they're in relationships even when they are, and spartace has had even more reason to lie about being in a relationship than most.

And here's the Escape Crisis clip because I find KJK's reaction hilarious. (He actually never denies it; he just keeps saying, "That's SJH, that's SJH." Yes, we know. We want to know if you're dating her. "People could misunderstand." Yeah, they could misunderstand and think that you're not dating.) Also look at that smile on his face when they show him the pictures. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, linzer03 said:

In my opinion, it's easier to believe that spartace is dating rather than believe that they're not. I remember reading this one person's post about how you tell if two idols are dating. I don't remember everything one the list, but it contained things like they say they're just friends, they hang out with groups of friends, they stand closer together compared to everyone else - spartace checked off pretty much every item on the person's list. People often act like it's impossible for spartace to have fallen in love, but co-workers date each other all the time - I've seen surveys of how married couples met and the majority say through work. RM fans dig through bizarre details to link KJK and SJH with other people (YEH, KG, and other love lines) when I feel that the answerz as to who they're dating are really obvious, and it's more because people are blinded by MC and the idea that RM is one big family that these people don't want to see what's right in front of them. More often than not, the easiest explanation is the right one. And because of all the gray areas of the entertainment industry, it may seem like "spartace are dating" is the hard answer, but I think it's the opposite. It's the easiest explanation. If you type it into Google, SJH's name is the first one that comes up next to KJK's. It's the easiest answer to get. I think that we start second-guessing ourselves because the RM cast and SBS has thrown up so many smokescreens ("RM is family", "Monday Couple forever!", "KJK/YEH") that we think it's a lot more complicated than it is and end up overthinking things. 

A lot of the evidence we have for spartace would've doomed any idols to a dating scandal, but somehow people think we're crazy. There have been pictures of SJH hanging out with KJK and his friends. There have been pictures of SJH numerous times holding spartace banners at fanmeets. Spartace came up on a show KJK was hosting. They've held hands on camera numerous times. There have been fan accounts (though accuracy should be questioned) of KJK and SJH together romantically outside of the show. Then you have all the hugging and touching that KJK and SJH do in the show itself. They've even had dating rumors despite how hard SBS and RM have tried to edit out spartace interactions! Honestly, to say that spartace are dating and have been dating for awhile answers way more questions than it raises. Yes, it creates questions like "Why did they continue with MC?" and "Why do they keep hiding it?" but it also answers questions like "Why hasn't KJK gotten married?", "Why did spartace's scenes together start getting edited out?", "Why did scenes like the pepero game, the mystery box game, and the pillow fight happen?", "Why do KJK and SJH keep wearing the same shoes at fanmeets?", and "Why did the members ask KJK and SJH to kiss during that one fanmeet?"

One that's always stood out to me is the question of "Why hasn't KJK gotten married?" Many people say that it's because he hasn't found the right woman yet or is waiting for someone (lol YEH). If you don't think KJK has dated at all in the last seven years, then you're crazy. When CTH teased him about dating at the end of year award shows and KJK freaked out, many people were confident that KJK was in a relationship. The thing is that there's no reason for KJK to hide his relationship or postpone a wedding if he's serious. Whether the person is a celeb or non-celeb, his fans just want to see him settled down and happy. So why is he hiding his girlfriend? Unless, of course, that person is SJH. And that was the first name that jumped into most k-netz minds from what I remember. She is really the only name linked with his nowadays other than RM love lines (though YEH-KJK shippers still exist).

So many scenes of RM don't really make sense unless you believe that KJK and SJH are dating. I honestly can't go through every single scene in RM that raises a question because that would take up at least 700 pages. But I remember after the pepero-kiss, many people were speculating that there was something going on with them. KJK and SJH were far too panicked about the game, and the rest of the cast were far to eager to see them play it. Even KG, the Monday Boyfriend, started singing "One Man". Why? The easiest explanation is that there is something going on between KJK and SJH. Same with the pillow fight scene. Some people may insist that it's a brother-sister fight, but it's a lot easier to explain the hug and nuzzle by KJK as a couple's fight and reconciliation. Same with the mystery box game. Why does SJH single KJK out as the member that needs to help her? You can also ask why SJH goes tanning with KJK when she says that she's eaten alone with LKS (who she's supposedly closest to) once. Again, the easiest explanation is that they're dating. Yes, there are other ways to explain it, but you have to twist things a little (Like saying that brothers nuzzling their sisters when hugging them is a normal thing. I have brothers and I can tell you that it's not.) If you took someone who knew nothing about RM and showed them those scenes, I bet you most people would take those scenes as romantic, and it's because viewers have been bombarded with "MC is real. Spartace if family." by the show that they can't see it that way. 

I know some people on here believe that KJK and SJH just having feelings for each other or have just recently started dating, but I find that to be impossible. There are scenes in 2013 (like KJK and SJH holding hands in the helicopter, SJH caring for pretty much only KJK after they crossed the river, the Singapore fanmeet) and 2014 (where spartace starts getting edited out but we get the pepero game, KJK and SJH getting the romantic parts in songs during fanmeets, we get SJH biting KJK's chest). You could argue that they only have feelings for each other back then, but the easiest answer is still that they are dating. There are certain liberties they take with one another that one wouldn't do with someone that one has feelings for but one would do with a significant other (like SJH biting KJK's chest or the two of them singing to each other in fanmeets). 

I know it can sometimes be hard to understand KJK and SJH's - the rest of the cast's - behavior. We don't know them personally, so we can only guess based on what we seen on the show and behind the scenes, and those are not really enough to understand someone's personality and why they do the things they do. Based on what I've seen, KJK is the more cautious of the two, and he has to analyze everything before he makes his move. With his Turbo comeback happen and SJH's new drama and RM still uncertain about ratings, he may feel that the timing is wrong and not want to reveal too much of his relationship with SJH in front of the camera. SJH, on the other hand, is much more risk-taking, and while MC was still happen, she seemed to hold back, now that KG is married, she seems to be much more open towards expressing herself. That's just who they are based on what I've seen. 

But think about it this way... If we get rid of all the details for a second (KJK's love lines, SJH's love line, RM family image, how we think they should act, etc) and just look at the very basics, KJK and SJH treat each other in a way that they don't treat anyone else of the opposite gender, then the easiest answer is that they are dating. I think the truth has been hidden in plain sight all along, and as always, people overthink things and overlook the easiest and most obvious answer. 

As far as i know ( you can correct me here) SJH is the only one who is rumored as his gf for a long time already.  Jk may had have long list of lovelines but it is only Sjh (not even his loveline)  who has been linked to him for quite sometime now. Some people don't just give any issue abt it coz both is saying they are bro-sis and i guess people are used already of seeing them like that.  As i said before,  the best way to hide is not hide at all.  As you can see people are so use to seeing them together that its not a big deal anymore.  You will notice that everytime their is a dating rumor abt them they would be distant frm each other for a while but after sometime will be back on how they really are.  Maybe bcoz , IMO,  it is not that they are not dating,  but they are not ready to reveal.  And yes i agree,  if things is not as compkicated,  why jk is nit married by now?  I dont believe that he has not dated for all those years.  So its either things are just to complicated or he and his partner is not ready yet! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

If they are asked directly, KJK and SJH have to give some sort of answer, but I don't think they've ever bluntly said "We're not dating." However, they usually respond with "We're like family". I can't find the video but at one of the Running Bros fan meetings, KJK was asked about marriage and some of the audience yelled "Song Ji Hyo!" KJK then said she was like a sister to him (and then HH laughed). I think that's the only time KJK has referred to her as a sister (correct me if I'm wrong). SJH has really only been asked about KJK on RM and during fanmeetings, and she usually just says "We're like family." So they've denied it when they've had to, but I don't think I've ever seen them go out of their way to say that they're "like brother and sister". I wouldn't take it too seriously. Celebs deny all the time that they're in relationships even when they are, and spartace has had even more reason to lie about being in a relationship than most.

And here's the Escape Crisis clip because I find KJK's reaction hilarious. (He actually never denies it; he just keeps saying, "That's SJH, that's SJH." Yes, we know. We want to know if you're dating her. "People could misunderstand." Yeah, they could misunderstand and think that you're not dating.) Also look at that smile on his face when they show him the pictures. 

I agree,  even after the marriage rumor,  both have not deny abt it.  In fact it was actually,  somewhat,  confirmed during 2015 sbs award when HH ask jk abt his marriage plan that was put on hold bcoz somebody ask him to hold it for a while... And yes they both just answer when directly ask but never outright deny if any rumor in the media comes out.  And i agree also in that video,  he never denied anything,  he just keep saying its SJH!  We all know its SJH,  but the question is are you dating was not answered.  And his reaction is like someone who've been caught but dont want to get caught!!! 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, sofiemarz said:

As far as i know ( you can correct me here) SJH is the only one who is rumored as his gf for a long time already.  Jk may had have long list of lovelines but it is only Sjh (not even his loveline)  who has been linked to him for quite sometime now.

I think you're right for the most part. I mean, there's always people shipping him with other people so they can deny spartace and other people coming up with insane theories that he's dating this woman because they follow each other on instagram or this woman showed up in a picture his friend posted, but SJH definitely takes the crown for the person he has been romantically linked with for the longest and the most often.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

I think you're right for the most part. I mean, there's always people shipping him with other people so they can deny spartace and other people coming up with insane theories that he's dating this woman because they follow each other on instagram or this woman showed up in a picture his friend posted, but SJH definitely takes the crown for the person he has been romantically linked with for the longest and the most often.

If they are not dating,  one thing i can say... DAMN I ENVY THEIR FRIENSHIP!!! 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, sofiemarz said:

I agree,  even after the marriage rumor,  both have not deny abt it.  In fact it was actually,  somewhat,  confirmed during 2015 sbs award when HH ask jk abt his marriage plan that was put on hold bcoz somebody ask him to hold it for a while... And yes they both just answer when directly ask but never outright deny if any rumor in the media comes out.  And i agree also in that video,  he never denied anything,  he just keep saying its SJH!  We all know its SJH,  but the question is are you dating was not answered.  And his reaction is like someone who've been caught but dont want to get caught!!! 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if half the k-entertainment industry knows spartace are dating at this point. A lot of celebs have been on RM in the last four years, and KJK has a lot of connections in the industry. It's possible that HH and CTH are making inside jokes that viewers sort-of-get but a lot of the audience there actually understands. Same with LKS asking SJH to list which RM cast members she would date. LKS and SJH's conversation could be considered fanservice, but from the MC fans I know, most of them don't care who's next on her list of RM guys to date, so I do wonder if it also wasn't a bit of an inside joke for the celebs and staff at the SBS Awards.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

Actually it's better that they didn't flat out deny it. I was in the same situation once, tho not in a romantic way. I was asked a question in which I cannot deny the answer so I just ignored it and pretended that I didn't hear it.

I just hope that when they announce that they are dating and hopefully, gonna get married soon, there would be a RM special episode full of SA BTS and interviews from RM members, staff, and their friends. LOL.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if half the k-entertainment industry knows spartace are dating at this point. A lot of celebs have been on RM in the last four years, and KJK has a lot of connections in the industry. It's possible that HH and CTH are making inside jokes that viewers sort-of-get but a lot of the audience there actually understands. Same with LKS asking SJH to list which RM cast members she would date. LKS and SJH's conversation could be considered fanservice, but from the MC fans I know, most of them don't care who's next on her list of RM guys to date, so I do wonder if it also wasn't a bit of an inside joke for the celebs and staff at the SBS Awards.

You know if they are in my country,  the question by now would not be "are you dating? " it would already be "are you living together?" The way i see it (as for me,  you can disagree)  Jh is bolder now after Kg announced his marriage,  Jk is reserved bcoz 1) it wud be a direct confirmation 2) he still dont want to go public and 3) we can do it later when we are alone (delulu mode to the highest level)... But really you know how longtime couple are,  they are not really into pda anymore,  bcoz its like we can do it at home, why do it here. And their level of comfort is totally different from those who have just started dating! 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, linzer03 said:

i remember watch a video in YT when KJK got interviewed in a tv show along time ago about his relation with YEH, and he explained with almost straight-poker-face. for someone who have a loveline in a tv show, he doesn't look that happy

and now, there he is, in his tv show, questioned by his co-worker, about his relation with his co-worker in another tv show, and he look way too happy for someone who supposed to be only having just "family" relation with SJH.

what's more funny was when the guy beside KJK say "this is the first time, i've seen JK so talkative" :D 

3 hours ago, linzer03 said:

yup, and i had to qoute your review about SA in year 2014

After coming first in the game, CYJ decides that a smart way to switch the couples is to put SJH and KJK together, even though this has absolutely nothing to do with CYJ and her partner LKS.

as of many of us know, CYJ is one of SJH's close friend, so her decision has a deeper meaning ?

43 minutes ago, jeremylim88 said:

But one thing that confuses me is, hyung definitely knows he is being linked romantically to a few women by fans, media and such (ji hyo noona being one of the main ones), so why doesn't hyung want to at least stop all those perceptions/linkage by fans? If hyung is really dating a non-celeb now, he could just easily announce that he is currently dating someone and there is no need to mention her name (if he wants to protect her from the limelight and hate from some people), just a simple statement such as "I am in a relationship now" would suffice and make people stop him from linking him with other female celebs. 

yup, maybe that would stop some people from linking him with other female celebs, but some people (paparazzi) who eager to know who KJK non-celeb GF is will try by any means necessary, and that would be very uncomfortable especially for common people.

i think that's also the main reason why KG hide his marriage from the public (and from the RM members)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jeremylim88 said:

But one thing that confuses me is, hyung definitely knows he is being linked romantically to a few women by fans, media and such (ji hyo noona being one of the main ones), so why doesn't hyung want to at least stop all those perceptions/linkage by fans? If hyung is really dating a non-celeb now, he could just easily announce that he is currently dating someone and there is no need to mention her name (if he wants to protect her from the limelight and hate from some people), just a simple statement such as "I am in a relationship now" would suffice and make people stop him from linking him with other female celebs. 

While I see your point, I agree with @Adines Nugraha -- 

If KJK wants to stop all the rumors, the worst thing he can do is to declare that he has a GF, but not say who it is. Even if he says she's a non-celeb and asks for privacy, some people are still going to dig. Look at KG. Yeah, it may be frustrating for him to be shipped with some celebrities, but if he says he has a GF, he's going to be hounded.

It is actually best to not say anything until it is time to declare. Until then, people can wonder and say things, but if they can't confirm anything, no real harm done. He's been using YEH as protection for 10+ years now. He's doing the same thing by letting people speculate. People are used to seeing him/joking about him as the eternal lonely bachelor. The moment he changes that, game over. Look @ what happened when he paid for his manager’s wedding. People thought he was getting married. Reporters started knocking on his door. News went international. Any 1/2 confirmation (without the GF's identity), especially coming from him, won't make matters easier. It will be chaos. No one needs that.

4 hours ago, linzer03 said:

I totally agree! I have always thought this, too, especially knowing that so many celebrities have been on RM. Filming lasts a long time. Everyone would have had to closely interact. Someone would have seen/heard something. Keeping things quiet could be out of respect. Or, self-preservation (LOL) since most celebs face similar situations.

Edited by mn0096
Added more to original post
  • Like 5

Just finished watching live broadcast, really bad editing, boring game. Can't expect lots of screen time for everyone since there's 16 of them but they didn't show JK's brother play any games. Limited spartace moment. 7th anniversary special will continue next week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chelseafjl8 said:

Just finished watching live broadcast, really bad editing, boring game. Can't expect lots of screen time for everyone since there's 16 of them but they didn't show JK's brother play any games. Limited spartace moment. 7th anniversary special will continue next week.

The only Spartace moment I got was when JH was speaking, I noticed JK looking at her with his mouth open, hanging unto every word. I stopped watching because, like you said, it became boring.

1 hour ago, jeremylim88 said:

Maybe it is easier for them to go with the flow. I mean why disrupt somethig that is perfectly working as a cover? 

I watched past interviews of KJK and in almost all of them, he mentions or chooses Yoon Eun Hye to be his ideal........I am sure his real gf would be quite upset when she watches or hears such thing. Don't you think?

1 hour ago, pl1943 said:

I watched past interviews of KJK and in almost all of them, he mentions or chooses Yoon Eun Hye to be his ideal........I am sure his real gf would be quite upset when she watches or hears such thing. Don't you think?

To be honest for me personally I think saying YEH name as an answer during questions like that became JK's safety net. It's the safest answer for him since it's part of his past loveline and this might be me being a bit delulu but i think it's also an answer his gf would know not to worry about.

• Like 4

http://tv.naver.com/v/1885058/list/67096

@WhasianDaddy

I don't quite understand the context of the video but here's some comments I saw under the video. If you found anything could you please tell us?

KJK and SJH are a bit strang?(I'm not sure about this one, please correct me If I'm wrong)

KJK and SJH... Their relationship is closer than I thought, I think they will make a good match... There also seems to be something more between those two...k

They must be close otherwise he won't say something like that kkk sparta and ace are cute

R5XZNT3.png

SigCWpI.jpg

WCXPebX.jpg

• Like 5