[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

1 hour ago, WhasianDaddy said:

I don't remember saying that the K-audience isn't as fascinated; however, I do think that they are not as fascinated as international fans solely because I can't find anything when I search in Korean. There are articles about them together time to time when there were some rumors about them, but those don't last.

Sorry, I was in a hurry. I didn't mean to over-generalize or ascribe anything to you incorrectly. I'll be more careful from now on. But, thanks for your thoughtful response. :D 

Please don't take this the wrong way, and I hope none of the other forum members misunderstand, as well, but though we often say and believe that gender doesn't matter when it comes to shipping SA, personally, it helps me a lot to get a clearly male perspective. So, thanks for participating. Also, I don't think I've welcomed you yet (though I'm aware that you've probably been a member longer than I have), so welcome (or welcome, back) to you.

I'm extending these sentiments to @jeremylim88 and @Adines Nugraha, as well. Thanks, guys. :D 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mn0096 said:

Sorry, I was in a hurry. I didn't mean to over-generalize or ascribe anything to you incorrectly. I'll be more careful from now on. But, thanks for your thoughtful response. :D 

Please don't take this the wrong way, and I hope none of the other forum members misunderstand, as well, but though we often say and believe that gender doesn't matter when it comes to shipping SA, personally, it helps me a lot to get a clearly male perspective. So, thanks for participating. Also, I don't think I've welcomed you yet (though I'm aware that you've probably been a member longer than I have), so welcome (or welcome, back) to you.

I'm extending these sentiments to @jeremylim88 and @Adines Nugraha, as well. Thanks, guys. :D 

No worries! I wasn't offended at all!

I am glad that I can be of help, and yes, I joined about a year ago but haven't been on for a while until my wife started reading again. So thank you all for welcoming me (and my wife)!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chelseafjl8 said:

oR1iFJM.jpg

Credit to owner

The guy behind Jk is KS. 

Wow, he really does go everywhere dressed like that, even to a high profile movie premiere! :D No pretenses, no dressing up, always with his mask, shorts, and sneakers on. No slippers, though. Hopefully, he feels better. No complaints from me -- really appreciate the sleeveless top! LOL

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, WhasianDaddy said:

No worries! I wasn't offended at all!

I am glad that I can be of help, and yes, I joined about a year ago but haven't been on for a while until my wife started reading again. So thank you all for welcoming me (and my wife)!

Absolutely, and welcome to your wife, too! I meant to say that with my earlier post. Really appreciate not only the male perspective, but also the couple (married and otherwise) one. :) 

Guest athoughtcloud1

@mn0096 I don't think the PDs are doing it for any fandoms to notice. Though SA has a Naver fan cafe, it is only open for members. So unless the PDs are secret members there (which I don't think is true), don't think they either know or care much that there are people who get some of the sly SA references. Just feel it is kind of their inside joke. The other members make all kinds of sly references to SA thinking only they get it. Why can't the PDs do something similar when they edit the footage? :D We suspect that this was done after an inside joke was made, so the PDs may also have had a laugh over it and hence the sly caption.

Let me go delu and connect this with a previous episode. 

This is that part where the other guys fight over the rankings for the best kisser. JK decides not to compete and goes down to sit beside JH. JH then shoves him as if asking him to go fight with the guys and you can see him gesturing "no". 

Sorry for that delu. Hehe

Now on to something others have already discussed. This is the place where JH's mistake in the last multiplication table quiz is brought up. Yeah JH went mong like she is usually supposed to do, but I don't think if it was her usual mong mistake, the other guys would have laughed over it like this. I feel JK covered his face with his hands at that time coz JH had done something that gave their equation away. While the other guys laughed that time, we weren't really shown any inside jokes about it. But I feel she was teased about it coz when she talks about how her wrong answer doesn't make her the thief and that it was just coz her mind was on something else (or someone else :wink:), she looks shy. That is more apparent in this episode since Haha introduces the topic with laughter. And then you have Se Chan turning to look back at JK with a wide grin on his face. I feel it is a case of the over-excited newbie unable to hold in his laughter when secret jokes are going on. Then you can see SJ drawing SC's attention perhaps to put an end to that.

6a34Y3E.png

Doesn't it look like JH's eyes are also turned towards something behind her?

MQ0zv9F.png

g5ODlqp.png

RVlJVFx.png

9PSNPlS.png

Edited by athoughtcloud1
To add some pics and reformat

17 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I don't think the PDs are doing it for any fandoms to notice. Though SA has a Naver fan cafe, it is only open for members. So unless the PDs are secret members there (which I don't think is true), don't think they either know or care much that there are people who get some of the sly SA references. Just feel it is kind of their inside joke. The other members make all kinds of sly references to SA thinking only they get it. Why can't the PDs do something similar when they edit the footage? :D We suspect that this was done after an inside joke was made, so the PDs may also have had a laugh over it and hence the sly caption.

Thanks for putting things in perspective, and connecting things with pictures! Like others have said, I appreciate you unraveling some things for us, at times keeping things and everyone grounded. Shipping SA is fun, but things get confusing very quickly with all the uncertainties mixed with our speculations and delulus. :D 

• Like 2

Guest athoughtcloud1
On 19/07/2017 at 10:47 PM, sofiemarz said:

On point there!  I can tell you based on experience a guy even though how close you are and especially if he has someone special and is serious with it,  will tell his friends even his closest friends especially his closest girl-friends to be cautious and not to touchy witj him 'coz it might cause a trouble with his gf,  unless his gf is a saint!  I had a friend once and he would really behave even if his gf is not around or not with us bcoz he said his gf gfriends might be around and see this and wud tell his gf and would cause again arguments even though the gf knows us and how close we are.  So i believe JK wouldn't really allow JH to be this touchy with him especially on national tv knowing his gf (if he has one and its not jh)  would see it!  I don't think the gf would just let that happens all the time! It will definitely be an issue.  And i agree if JK started to reciprocate JH skinship it would be game over!  I guess if they are really real,  this is not yet the time to reveal especially with both of them busy with their own project now.  So lets just support them for now with their projects and career! 

I completely agree. I really don't see JK as a guy who would let JH do all that if he had somebody else. They had a marriage forecast, their colleagues are asking them to date on the show or kiss at the fanmeets. So their interactions are being perceived as romantic. That time when people saw them as colleagues is over. Even if his GF is super-trusting, she would have family and friends who won't find it that amusing to see another woman take these many liberties with JK when she is not even his loveline on the show and hence doesn't need to do them for the camera. Also, feel JH is not that kind of woman who would do those things to another man if she knows he has someone who might not quite like them. 

3 hours ago, saissuspicious said:

Actually like @athoughtcloud1 said regardingt the underwear YJS bought from Japan as a gift to KJK, it's always the same when there's some kind of inside joke about KJK PDs choose to show SJH's smiling face accompanied with a "hinting" caption most of the time. As for me it reminded me of this too :wink: 

C2B1iaCVQAEtydk.jpg

cr to owner

@saissuspicious I had noticed the caption, but hadn't thought the appropriateness of having it superimposed on JH's face. Thanks! Well, we don't have much left of 2017, so hopefully sometime next year....

@WhasianDaddy I remember seeing you on the forum before, but welcome again! It is great to know you are a couple interested in SA interactions. You both will notice similar and different things which is great.

@jeremylim88 Welcome to the forum. I honestly don't see JK trying to put some distance between him and JH more than how it has always been. Yeah, JH is more free now with the skinship. That is there, but I am yet to see a JK who has completely let go of his cautious nature on the show.

It is we who believe the time is right for them to declare since Gary is married. There might be things beyond a Turbo comeback or a JH movie that we don't know of.  Also, they are entertainers. For me, what happens in the episodes when it comes to interactions or non-interactions between SA are due to certain demands on them by the show. 

But the difference is that what we see as SA interactions are in front of the camera. Yeah, some of their real life skinship might come into it, but the fact is there is a camera filming them all the time. That is true even in case of fan meets. So they have to be cautious. On the other hand, we are normal people who don't have to be bothered about a camera filming us. Hence, we can't always judge their real life equation based on what we see them doing in front of the camera.

For me, something which seems more of a real life interaction is JH's arriving at JK's and Haha's restaurant opening. Seemed like she was a bit high there and though there were fans around with their cameras, it was a real life situation. You can take it as a colleague coming to support a fellow colleague or a GF coming to support her BF's new venture. But that shows they do hang out together even now. 

@tunanoona RM is a family show, but I feel there are times when they crack certain jokes which aren't exactly 12 year old level. Like somebody mentioned here, think the whole bit about JS and LKS apologizing to SM and JH and to the viewers was something which seemed abrupt. So perhaps they made some slightly risque joke and since RM has recently got into controversy about its content, the PDs edited it out.

@mary-ann Think what you said would lead to more fruitful discussion on the SJH thread. 

Guest athoughtcloud1

So many things happened last episode, so haven't got time to process them. But one of the things that I have noticed have increased along with SA skinship on the show and the PDs choosing to air some of it is how they are much more cool about talking to each other. Like I used to say before, even if SA are sent on a trip, it won't be fun if they barely talk. But for some episodes now, they do talk with each other somewhat freely in front of the camera. In that non-unanimity episode recently, JK tried to prolong his conversation with JH when she called. Earlier, he would have just said something brief and hung up. In the couple race, they were talking about each other's partners. This episode too, they were talking to each other quite a lot about strategies. Hope this trend continues so that when they are finally sent on a penalty trip, we do get to hear some conversation.

15 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I had noticed the caption, but hadn't thought the appropriateness of having it superimposed on JH's face. Thanks! Well, we don't have much left of 2017, so hopefully sometime next year....

I have a not strictly-SA question -- do South Koreans have a time of the year preference for marriages? In my culture, for example, we generally prefer beginning of the year marriages, usually during the day time. Obviously, these have to do with beginning a new life chapter, and living in lightness vs. in the dark. There are other more mystical reasons that I'm not aware of, but the gist for the general preferences is pretty straight forward. 2017 is fast coming to a close, but we never know. A lot can happen in a few months! Delulu to the max, right now. LOL

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mn0096 said:

I have a not strictly-SA question -- do South Koreans have a time of the year preference for marriages? In my culture, for example, we generally prefer beginning of the year marriages, usually during the day time. Obviously, these have to do with beginning a new life chapter, and living in lightness vs. in the dark. There are other more mystical reasons that I'm not aware of, but the gist for the general preferences is pretty straight forward. 2017 is fast coming to a close, but we never know. A lot can happen in a few months! Delulu to the max, right now. LOL

I just looked it up and according to Korean Huffington Post (from October 2015), October is when people get married the most and then November, May, April, and December in that order. From October to December, the percent is 35.7% and from April to June, it was 30.8%. The lowest month was August and then the second lowest was July. I guess they just think about the weather more than anything.

http://www.huffingtonpost.kr/2015/10/22/story_n_8353972.html

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WhasianDaddy said:

I guess they just think about the weather more than anything.

I find this hilarious. And here I am trying to find out from elders what all the other mystical reasons for our preferences are! They're telling me all sorts of things that don't quite make sense. When I ask them to clarify, they tell me to just believe. Maybe it's really just the weather for them, too, but they just want to keep everything mysterious so us youngsters are forced to toe the line! LOL

Delulu'ing about SA brings up all sorts of questions and possibilities for me. Thanks for taking the time to research. I really appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I had noticed the caption, but hadn't thought the appropriateness of having it superimposed on JH's face. Thanks! Well, we don't have much left of 2017, so hopefully sometime next year....

Well it seems impossible for this year since KJK said it himself when he was on "Let's go with mom" program, that it's already late to plane a marriage for this year since it was already spring, something in those lines. Actually his mom asking him to marry this year is a confirmation that KJK is dating someone with a serious intention of marriage. IMO if the girl is a non-celeb, KJK don't need to drag his marriage for so long, because "she" as a non-celeb don't have problems like end of her celeb carrier, or public perception of her marriage, however if the woman is a celeb and especially an "actress", when she gets married she somehow ends her carrier forcefully because there's no many drama scripts for married woman and practically none for those who become "moms" (it's true that there is exceptions, but we all know that SJH is not already the type who do dramas frequently so imagine if she gets married many chances would eventually disappear). If SA are a couple, I think the marriage is dragged mostly because of SJH's carrier. I think she is enjoying her popularity and her work for as much as she can because she knows that once she gets married and because of her age and the possiblity of having children she won't be able to do RM even if KJK quiets the show for her sake with all the running around  and her job as an actress would be reduced to none because of the reasons I stated above. So I at least don't see any marriage announcement in the near future at least not before she do another drama (and also if they are a couple).

1 hour ago, mn0096 said:

I think in SK people avoid summer because of all the humidity and hot weather, they either plane it for the spring or the autumn. In my coutry, all seasons are elligible but people still prefers spring and late autumn You said it's not a SA related topic but we can link it to our beloved couple right :wink:  Since like KJK said in response to his mom's demand to marry this year, it's already late since it was already spring, and with KJK's new album release and SJH's upcoming movie, they will be as busy as hell for the this coming autumn and winter. So this year is sadly a "no" to our sweet couple. :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saissuspicious said:

You said it's not a SA related topic but we can link it to our beloved couple right :wink: 

Thanks for understanding. I try hard to be respectful of the topic of this forum, mindful of our main reason for coming here, so that I don't derail us. But I do have lots of questions, so appreciate everyone putting up with my curiosity. I do agree that so many things relationship and marriage-related lead right back to SA for me! 

I've not had a chance to catch up on Let's Go With Mom, so thanks for the info about his mom's wishes. And, yes, the celeb vs. non-celeb part about his GF makes a lot of sense. Honestly, I have wondered about the future work status of his GF/wife if she's an actress. Will she continue with her career or not, and so on, given the obvious challenges you mentioned. I noticed that HH's wife, though she's a singer, largely stopped working to focus on raising a family. Many other SK female entertainers, whether an actress or not, have also curtailed their career activities after they get married. No matter how we look at things, SA's situation is complicated whether they're together or separately with someone else. 

1 hour ago, saissuspicious said:

Since like KJK said in response to his mom's demand to marry this year, it's already late since it was already spring, and with KJK's new album release and SJH's upcoming movie, they will be as busy as hell for the this coming autumn and winter. So this year is sadly a "no" to our sweet couple. :( 

This is probably going to sound strange, but I'm sitting here staring at a couple of squirrels moving nuts up and down a tree in my yard. Sorry if this is silly, but I suddenly have this vision of SA as a couple of very busy squirrels trying to gather as many nuts as possible before settling down for the winter. If not this year, hopefully we'll hear good news in the next. 

• Like 2