[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Guest athoughtcloud1
1 hour ago, linzer03 said:

I agree 100% on this. I could predict how games of nametag ripping would end because I knew all the members strategies. It wasn't fun anymore. But now there are two new elements, and I am excited to learn more about them and how they will shake things up. I am also excited to learn more about the old members as they form new relationships. 

I also dislike pitting woman against woman, because I believe we should support each other. Why should we put down one woman to prop the other up? Can't we love both of them? Strong women like SJH and silly women like JSM can get along, and I think we should appreciate that. Yes, they will compete from time to time since RM is a naturally competitive show, but they will also be there to give each other support. Think about it this way - for the first time, SJH won't be alone when she has to go to the women's changing room, she'll have someone else to talk to about things men won't understand. I think having these kind of relationships are important, and I don't want fandoms to cause a rift between SJH and JSM. There are also so few women on K variety shows that I think we should support those who do manage to hold positions on these shows.

I agree 100% with linzer on this.

I think fans should remember that those days when all the other RM member fandoms stood by SA during the firing controversy are past. The show restarted again and is trying to revive itself. We don't know how long the show is going to last. The PDs are trying their hardest to get the ratings to rise. They have taken in new members and are also experimenting with the format. The new member changes have been mostly welcomed  by the domestic audience. Like @saissuspicious and @linzer03 have pointed out, I think it is largely coz of the new combinations and the unpredictability that comes from it. Whether we like it or not, the new members are here to stay and we have to make peace with it. It has been almost 3 months. Most of the RM member fandoms have moved on. Don't you think Haha's fandom doesn't like it when he gets more screen time through his combinations with SC and SM or LKS' fandom doesn't look forward to seeing his interactions with SM since that gives him screen time? The same with YJS and JSJ fandoms. There are also sections of JH fandom who look forward to Mongdol interactions since that lets them see a new side of her variety personality on the show and gives her screen time. So, for most of the other fandoms, the addition of the new members has been a positive thing. To expect them to side with one group of fans who want to see the new members leave the show or who keep on finding fault with them is nothing short of being blind. I can already see some fans of other members getting tired of this JH vs SM war on SBS IG and on other forums. I worry that if this continues, it will finally end up like that story where the boy cried wolf too many a time. When a time comes when we want the support of the other fandoms in the case of genuine grievances about the PDs or the show, nobody will be there to support us.

The PDs can be quite unfair at times with the screen time allocation and who they choose to highlight but we have to at times think from their perspective too. RM crisis has been going on for a long time and one of the things that was considered months before SA got fired was cast addition. The PDs' necks are on the line if the ratings don't rise. A variety PD gets very less compared to any of the entertainers we support. None of the current PDs were responsible for the firing fiasco. In fact, Hwan Jin had openly supported SA by liking Tiny's post about one person being responsible for the whole mess. He was going against SBS, putting his neck on the line, for entertainers who will get another show even if they leave RM. So please try to see things from their perspective too. They are not fans of JK and JH to think from their perspective all the time. They are there to do their job which is to make the ratings rise and they will highlight what they think works for the show at the moment. We may have issues with that and have every right to voice them but we also have to understand that they are not out and out villains. RM's crisis is far from over. Once the ratings stabilize, they might experiment with the characters of the old members, but for now, they are working on the character combinations of the new members with the old members since that is what has captured the attention of the viewers.

I feel like @saissuspicious pointed out that being in combinations is one sure way for JH and JK to secure more screen time. Since it is the members with the more equations who get more screen time, that is the way to go. Being in a combination with SC will help JH get screen time. But with SM, JH can have something unique, an equation which none of the other male members can have since that is the only woman-woman equation of the show. We saw how the Mongolian segments helped to bring a different side to JH's variety personality and the responses of the RM fans to that side of JH were quite overwhelming. If somebody has the same variety character for a long time, that person won't be considered as a good entertainer. Only those entertainers have lasted who have been able to re-invent their images and adapt to new environments. I see this as a great opportunity for JH to grow as an entertainer and gain new fans by showcasing new sides of her personality. 

I also find it simplistic that people assume JH has relevance only as long as she remains the only woman on the show. That is not how it is. When you have another woman on the show, you are free of the baggage of being the lone woman who has to prove all the time that she is as good as the men. There are other sides of herself that she can exhibit. Like @saissuspicious pointed out, JH can act freely with JK now since their interactions won't be interpreted as attempts to create another official loveline since there is a budding loveline on the show. JH can show her grumpy side and nobody will say "JH is being unkind" coz you need not be always sweet to a fellow member. JH can interrupt SM when she is having her magnet moment and challenge her. Nobody will say "JH is trying to upstage the female guest's one moment to shine". So, there are lots of advantages too. Just wait and support JH. 

Also agree with @saissuspicious. This is also a forum for JK fans. When JK, out of all the old members, got very little screen time in the first few new member episodes, nobody here said the PDs were being really unfair or that they wanted him to leave the show. We said he deserved more screen time, but left it at that. Things improved after a point. I suppose it is coz his fans have seen him grow in challenging situations. The shy, more reserved side of JK on F.O. vanished when he had to compete with 6 other men and a woman on RM. He knew he had to talk more to get screen time, so he became more chatty. Change is like that. It unsettles you at first, but also lets you grow.

Guest athoughtcloud1
On 18/07/2017 at 9:12 PM, WhasianDaddy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did anybody else notice this?6gFuT0g.jpg

This is when they were talking about JK's muscles in his mouth. The staff put a caption here saying, "Oh, mouth muscle man. Sexy."

What?! Why would they put this at all? Especially while showing JH's face?

I am definitely not opposed to it though. :grin:

Is it me or seems like the captions are not just referring to his "sexy" talking skills there? And then they show JH's face! LOL Found it suspicious that JK who loves to have the last word in immediately shut up after LKS' comment and had that familiar "haha" laugh going on. Hmm...

Another weird moment to show JH's close up was when she was shown laughing immediately after JS gifted JK underpants to wear in L.A. Like really?

The PDs are quite naughty these days with the captions and the close-ups

This is not SA-related, but I wondered why they played the "coz you are my girl" BGM once JH asked Haha to go for stop during the dice game. Was it to highlight JH's golden hand? 

@athoughtcloud1 Actually I tried to translate this when I watched the episode because whenever there's suspicious laughs between the members and the camera shifting to SJH's smiling face, there's always a caption put in there. So when I tried to translate it, I had this "Oh, oral muscles are attractive", so I left it as it is as I felt the translation wasn't accurate from some hangul words I knew. But when I saw @WhasianDaddy's post I felt releaved that a native speaker had to give an accurate translation to the caption.

36 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Another weird moment to show JH's close up was when she was shown laughing immediately after JS gifted JK underpants to wear in L.A. Like really?

Great approach, I also found it naughty and suspicious when PDs did a close up on SJH's laughing face in episode 348 after YJS gifted the new boxers to KJK. You know how naughty YJS can be right, so I thought there was a hidden story that made YJS goes out of his way and buy boxers for KJK as if it's a gift that would make KJK happy which I find strange, but if if there's an inside joke then it makes sense. Also the way KJK laughed shyly is mysterious too. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

Is it me or seems like the captions are not just referring to his "sexy" talking skills there? And then they show JH's face! LOL Found it suspicious that JK who loves to have the last word in immediately shut up after LKS' comment and had that familiar "haha" laugh going on. Hmm...

The PDs are quite naughty these days with the captions and the close-ups

This is not SA-related, but I wondered why they played the "coz you are my girl" BGM once JH asked Haha to go for stop during the dice game. Was it to highlight JH's golden hand? 

My wife and I thought exactly the same thing! We definitely didn't think they were referring to his talking ability but perhaps something else. Also, it was kind of weird to show YJS with his tongue sticking out.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

WAIT. They were talking about his talking skills??? When I watched that part with subs, my mind went somewhere else... I dismissed the thought because I thought I was the only one who think of that part in that way or I was just used to watching American TV shows with thinly veiled, double-meaning lines. Anyhow, it's good to know that I'm not alone. If what I'm thinking is what you're talking about. LOL. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chelseafjl8 said:

ljDeFnq.jpg

JH, KS, JK will go to "the battleship island" (joongki's new movie)movie premiere tonight. Hope spartace will pose for photographs together.

Wow, many stars are coming. I see Cha Tae-hyun, Lee Dong-Wook and Joo Jihoon (Jh's rumored ex). I hope CTH will tease KJK again like he did during the KBS Year End awards last year.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, tuffygarcia said:

Wow, many stars are coming. I see Cha Tae-hyun, Lee Dong-Wook and Joo Jihoon (Jh's rumored ex). I hope CTH will tease KJK again like he did during the KBS Year End awards last year.

It's a movie premiere, don't think CTH will say anything that might steal the spotlight and they don't normally get interviewed.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jeremylim88 said:

@chelseafjl8 Thank you for sharing this information. I really hope jong kook hyung and ji hyo noona will take photographs together too, with kwang soo hyung as well. But that can only happen if they arrive around the same time. I wonder if they will sit at the same row too. But since this is a VIP premier we would not get any photos from inside the premier hall right? And also since they have their other group of friends attending as well, such as Lee Dong Wook hyung and CTH hyung, maybe Spartace will not sit together but sit with their respective friends instead.

Btw, doesn't jong kook hyung have filming for Knowing Brothers today at JTBC? I hope the filming finishes in time for hyung to make it to the premier.

Sometimes we do get to see some pictures inside the premier hall but it depends on whether someone will post it, last time CTH's movie premier we saw KS, park boo gum, joo in sung and their group of fds seating on the same row.

He does have filming tdy, I hope he finishes early too so he won't go through the backdoor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chelseafjl8 said:

ljDeFnq.jpg

JH, KS, JK will go to "the battleship island" (joongki's new movie)movie premiere tonight. Hope spartace will pose for photographs together.

Wow, there are a lot of huge names there. I actually read all those names. LOL. LDW and JJH (JH's supposed ex) will be there, too. 

15 hours ago, WhasianDaddy said:

My wife and I thought exactly the same thing! We definitely didn't think they were referring to his talking ability but perhaps something else. Also, it was kind of weird to show YJS with his tongue sticking out.

I'm a bit late to the conversation, but in addition to HH and KG joking about KJK's "skills" in the Byul episode, now it's YJS joining in, and with an unexpectedly graphic display, too? LOL. Since he's the representative for the PDs, all I can say is "Wow!"

You had mentioned that the K-audience isn't as fascinated with SA as the I-audience. If we're right about sly, tongue-in-cheek references being directed at SA, what's the point of making these references, then? Are such references pretty common in SK shows, or are they meant primarily for the hawk-eyes of the I-audience? I'm just wondering if the PDs are pandering to specific fandoms, or are they actively but good-naturally poking fun at SA, possibly hinting at things to come. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mn0096 said:

I'm a bit late to the conversation, but in addition to HH and KG joking about KJK's "skills" in the Byul episode, now it's YJS joining in, and with an unexpectedly graphic display, too? LOL. Since he's the representative for the PDs, all I can say is "Wow!"

You had mentioned that the K-audience isn't as fascinated with SA as the I-audience. If we're right about sly, tongue-in-cheek references being directed at SA, what's the point of making these references, then? Are such references pretty common in SK shows, or are they meant primarily for the hawk-eyes of the I-audience? I'm just wondering if the PDs are pandering to specific fandoms, or are they actively but good-naturally poking fun at SA, possibly hinting at things to come. 

I don't remember saying that the K-audience isn't as fascinated; however, I do think that they are not as fascinated as international fans solely because I can't find anything when I search in Korean. There are articles about them together time to time when there were some rumors about them, but those don't last.

References like that aren't rare in K-shows. Sometimes in dramas, they make references but they are very sly and vague (they have to keep it appropriate for teens, I guess). I am not sure why the PDs would put that caption there for JH. I thought that was really weird (I actually freaked out when I saw it and my wife was really confused on what was going on because it wasn't translated). They could be hinting something because they know something or maybe they just thought it would be funny to put it there. Here is the thing, you can't put that caption on anyone else because they are guys (that would be really weird for the show) and JH was sitting next to SM. The camera was right next to JH so when they put the caption in, it looks like it was meant for JH. Perhaps if SM was sitting next to the camera, it may seem like the caption was meant for her.

Alas, JH was in the shot and the PDs decided to put that caption in that shot, and now we are all excited and trying to figure what this means. :D

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, WhasianDaddy said:

They could be hinting something because they know something or maybe they just thought it would be funny to put it there. Here is the thing, you can't put that caption on anyone else because they are guys (that would be really weird for the show) and JH was sitting next to SM. The camera was right next to JH so when they put the caption in, it looks like it was meant for JH. Perhaps if SM was sitting next to the camera, it may seem like the caption was meant for her.

Alas, JH was in the shot and the PDs decided to put that caption in that shot, and now we are all excited and trying to figure what this means. :D

Actually like @athoughtcloud1 said regardingt the underwear YJS bought from Japan as a gift to KJK, it's always the same when there's some kind of inside joke about KJK PDs choose to show SJH's smiling face accompanied with a "hinting" caption most of the time. As for me it reminded me of this too :wink: 

C2B1iaCVQAEtydk.jpg

cr to owner

• Like 7