[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

3 hours ago, linzer03 said:

Yes! This! I missed about half of what happened during the flying chairs segment last episode because I was distracted by how good KJK looked. :tongue: 

Also disappointed with the lack of interaction between the brother-in-laws, but I'm glad we got KJK whispering to SJH's brother. They obviously know each other. Also, someone talked about how KJK knew SJH's brother worked out. I find it funny that almost everyone who's friends with KJK starts working out more - YJS, Daesung, SJK, even SJH from the sounds of it... It's probably not all directly related to KJK, but he probably has some influence with his healthy-lifestyle beliefs. 

I'll post more thoughts when I have time!

Hah! It wasn't just me then that thought KJK looked really good during the flying chairs segment last week. I didn't say anything, because I didn't want some people to get weirded out. Humor doesn't always translate well in writing. LOL. 

About brotherly interactions, did you guys catch that funny exchange between the younger, non-doctor KJK and his older brother who is actually a doctor, about how non-doctor KJK is constantly nagging his doctor-brother about health? This reminds me of the time singer KJK coached a professional soccer player. Also, when KJK did the same thing to a pro baseball player. I also thought it really funny when KJK argued that it's meaningless to use his gout against him since he got gout by trying to be healthy. As if that's a good argument. Talk about being stubborn! 

Another thing about LKS's drunk story -- after the split second panicked reaction from SA, after they realized that the story was harmless, their reactions were striking to me -- she was extra cute complaining about the guys leaving her out,  and he over-compensated (as usual) with how funny he found the entire situation, by clapping very enthusiastically -- I guess this is his own version of someone laughing so hard that they slap their own knee. Obvious, much?

Also, what's up with YJS calling KJK's brother by the wrong name? An innocent mistake, or an inside joke?

Edited by mn0096
Reworded for clarification
  • Like 3

I just want to add another quick comment about SJH's brother -- I thought one of the funnier moments was when, after turning 20 times, he fell sideways trying to reach his sister! Ordinarily, something like this would have been highlighted. Too bad that it wasn't this time.

And, kudos to HH and his guest for unexpectedly doing so well. They were so funny! I'm glad, because he's the struggling actor friend who, in his own way, is getting his first real debut, as well. He's done other things, I know, but to have RM as a platform is a big thing for anyone looking to break out. 

Sorry about the non-SA sidetrack, but I just want to support these two guests a bit. Who knows when they'll appear, again? I'm looking forward to more hilarity from HH's friend next week. And, fighting, CSM!

• Like 4

@mn0096 Haha's fd appeared on RM before but not as a guest but as Haha's flatmate:tongue: If you rmb Joongki's last episode(41) they went to Haha's house and took most of his furniture away, that's the first time he made an appearance. He's also one of the managing partner of their restaurant(401) I believe.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chelseafjl8 said:

@mn0096 Haha's fd appeared on RM before but not as a guest but as Haha's flatmate:tongue: If you rmb Joongki's last episode(41) they went to Haha's house and took most of his furniture away, that's the first time he made an appearance. He's also one of the managing partner of their restaurant(401) I believe.

Yeah, I remember that. I think he was also KJK's partner when they went up against the pro wrestlers and lost in the 100 vs. 100 episode. He also appeared in one of KG's MV (I could be wrong about that). Regardless, I have a really soft spot for HH and, by extension, any good friends of his. He and KJK have been by each other's side for so many years. HH appears to be a very good friend, husband, father, and all-around nice guy. Also, let's not forget that he is one of SA's biggest supporters! :D 

1 hour ago, mn0096 said:

I just want to add another quick comment about SJH's brother -- I thought one of the funnier moments was when, after turning 20 times, he fell sideways trying to reach his sister! Ordinarily, something like this would have been highlighted. Too bad that it wasn't this time.

And, kudos to HH and his guest for unexpectedly doing so well. They were so funny! I'm glad, because he's the struggling actor friend who, in his own way, is getting his first real debut, as well. He's done other things, I know, but to have RM as a platform is a big thing for anyone looking to break out. 

Sorry about the non-SA sidetrack, but I just want to support these two guests a bit. Who knows when they'll appear, again? I'm looking forward to more hilarity from HH's friend next week. And, fighting, CSM!

Yes, I also want to add another scene with Song Ji Hyo's brother and her that get edited out, forget the highlight, hey didn't even show so many scenes with them, based on post and pictures that have been released today they also danced together but that was also edited out, I hope next weeks screentime will show more of CSM, but i'm not too hopeful it's seems like a pattern, but let's wait and see for how long this pattern will continue!

sidenote: vulgar and personally insulting posts (from a certain poster) will not be responded too!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Adines Nugraha said:

actually, park geun shik first appearance in RM was episode 34. when he pretended to be YJS close friend during the fool Uee game

Good memory. I totally forgot about that. :) 

• Like 1

Guest athoughtcloud1

I didn't enjoy this episode that much when I watched it RAW, but I really enjoyed watching it subbed. Think the guests were all great especially Geun Shik and Hang Ho. I would have loved to see a bit more of JK's brother (think he got the least screentime) and JH's and her bro's interview, but some of it could be coz of other reasons. Perhaps Sung Moon talked more about JH's drinking habits which had already been discussed in the opening and perhaps JK's brother didn't participate that much in the games or talked as much as the other guests. Other than these two, I was happy with the screen time and the editing and the captions. One of JS' closest friends Soo Yong was SJ' partner for this episode, but he also didn't get much screen time, so think it was also based on which guest made more of an impact. Loved the editing they did for Se Ho's arm wrestling with Hang Ho. The captions for Sung Moon when he was about to start the balancing game with the flashback to him kicking JH was really funny. Also it was great to see KwangMong bickering back on track and the newly developing? SC-JK-KS bromance triangle. Some of the things also made me feel nostalgic like Candy Alliance criticising JK for his fashion and KS and JK bringing up JH's notorious yet non-existent smoker avatar.

I didn't expect to see many close interactions between JK and Sung Moon since whenever their family members have guested on the show before, there hasn't been that many obvious interactions. Yet, to me, it seemed like JK was almost as worried about Sung Moon as JH. His eyes were blink blink when Sung Moon went for the kick and like others pointed out, YJS and JK were looking at each other when Sung Moon came for his arm-wrestling bout. Is it me or did it seem like JK was not that disappointed when he lost the match against Sung Moon?

I found the Cleopatra game really interesting. JK didn't even want to go against JH's adorable higher tone while if it was anybody else, think he would have given it a shot. Also found the captions interesting "JH's tone makes him nervous". Again, once he lost, they played the "Han Namja" song which they usually play when he acts gentlemanly with female guests and the captions said "men cannot compete with women". So was it "JH makes him nervous" and "one man can't compete against one woman"? JK looked kind of shy when he said he couldn't do it and after that, we could see Appa Suk Jin beaming in their direction.

YJS forgetting JK's bro's name was totally intentional, I tell you. He is the nation's MC who can even smell guests' names from afar if he wants to and JK's brother has already guested on the show twice. Perhaps it was to rile up JK just like that or perhaps there was some loaded meaning in the mix-up. Remember when JK's bro guested for the first time in the Q&A episode, JS' remark to JK was "Are you trying to turn this into your family show?" (since there is already family on the show, I guess :wink:). Whenever JS has had such weird mix-ups like calling Shin Hye Yoon Eun Hye, it has been pretty intentional, so I feel this was a similar case. JS' question to Jong Myeong was "Sung Moon, how would you describe Jong Kook in one word?" (Answer: Brother-in-law cough cough).

It was also really cute to see JH, in the finals of "Hello Cleopatra", turning to JK after she did her high-pitched singing for the first time (like "oppa was it right?") and then JK patting her on the shoulder to tell her she had messed it up when she got it wrong the 2nd time. So basically, seemed like she expected him to watch over her and tell her how she was doing in the round. Sung Moon, JH's bro, was calmly sitting down when JH was competing with the other two in the finals while JK was on his toes (I guess, only one family member is needed for support in games like these :wink: ).

I have seen Sung Moon around 5 times now, thrice on RM and twice on WAIL, but this was the one where I liked him the most. He looks more handsome with longer hair, I admit. But it is also something else. Since he kicked JH last time, I wondered if he was a bit childish and bratty with his sister. While it is fun to have a bratty younger brother, it is better to have a brother who also understands his noona's pressures. But in this episode, they looked like a team, JH looking after him like a mother hen would and Sung Moon always leaning on his noona for support. Always makes my heart warm when family members behave like a team, in tune with one another. Think he is like a kid around her, fighting with her and getting away with it most of the time as well as getting hit by her, but it was also nice to see the warmth in their relationship.

Wish I could say the same about JK and his bro though. LOL I am yet to see the warmer aspect of their relationship (think JK doesn't like publicly showing that aspect of their relationship and also they have that childhood rivalry). But I am sure Kim Jong Myeong went home a happier man coz JS and KS were there to speak up for the much-bullied older brother. Think he didn't get much attention from his brother who was busy stealing glances at JH and her brother and generally highlighting her brother. JH, too busy with her brother, also couldn't give him much attention. Hope we see him get a fairer deal in the next episode. 

But yeah, JK is a sweet man. He called the new members RM's "lucky charms" and that is such a welcoming thing to hear from someone like him! The newbies have been there for just a few episodes while the other cast has been there for 7 years and it is an occasion where they would feel left out. Also love how he keeps making fun of the firing controversy. He did it first on the RM episode after the firing controversy ("never thought we will get to see you again", "we have suffered so much, give us less penalty balls"), then in "I can see your voice" ("I asked the production team again and again if Kim Bum Soo knew he was being replaced") and love how he is going to do it again on Knowing Bros by going up against Kang Ho Dong, his would have been replacement. The guy has great attitude, that is why he has survived in the industry.

I have a couple of general question for you guys. The first question is more KJK-focused, so ignore it if you think it’s off-topic. The second question is more SA-related, though it's a bit random. Thanks. 

1 — Does anyone know if it is a fact or a myth that he’s feared by many of his peers (and even elders)? I know it’s part of his image on RM, but I just finished watching the ICSYV episode with Clon, where everyone talked about being scolded by one of the Clon members. KJK said something about not being scolded by that hyung , and the rapid fire rebuttal from the panel was, who would have dared to scold you! He just smiled. Was he just playing along, or was the rebuttal true?

2 — Given the fact that he sang at so many weddings, any guesses (or wishes) as to who would sing at his wedding? Is it acceptable for the groom to sing at his own wedding, or does someone else have to bless the married couple? I remember that CTH and KJK sang Loveable to CTH’s bride, but they did it like two mischievous little boys. While it was hilarious and very sweet at the same time, I don't know how common a groom singing to his own bride is.

Personally, I think it will be beyond romantic if KJK sang to his bride, too. 

Just wondering, if JK is JH's boyfriend, or generally speaking, does a guy leave and let his GF go home (in a drunken state) alone (or in JH's situation, with her manager) to go somewhere else and have some private talk with a friend?

Coz for me, it's not something a BF usually (supposedly) does.

It is depend on the situation.

First, not to mention the theory that they always have to drag someone with them so it isnt look like private meeting. it is safer to split after getting out of the place.

2nd, have anyone know about JH's manager? i think to be one, she must trust that person, so let the person take her home is quite normal. it is not like she was left alone, drunk, with a stranger.

and about the reason JK and KS left, according to their story, it seemed like they were awake, not as drunk as JH, so there must a reason they thought left JH to her her manager was the best.

3rd maybe the story happened when he hadnt had the right to take her home yet.

----------

Im glad that this ep has high rating.

i have nothing much to say about it but i really like the introduction. 

I was curious what did they talk about JH when i  watched raw.

JK also looked so nervous, he didnt know how to put his hand and his sitting pose. i dont think it is because of his brother, it was because something else.

Anyone has an idea?

Maybe he wasnt comfortable on his own clothes? 

tsk tsk we all know someone's eyes always turn to him even when he doesn't wear such clothes =)))) 

JK also kept touching his ankle and moved his leg, i think it got better as KS 'hit' his ankle, but yet, he still played the kicking game ~~

When they talked about drunking habit, JK laughed almost immediately, he also clapped his hand and moved his hand the same as KS, telling "it is not KS" then stared at JH

Then when JH's brother was asked what did JH say about other member.

"the members have always taken good care of her."

"Who?"

"KS."

"KS is take good care of everyone" said JK, hmm, this information has been talked about so many time, but he mentioned it again and he was the only one who spoke in the whole scene. HH said it mind be SM's, SJ and JS kept "JH. JH" lol

He went so far adding KS never compliment her a second before :))  

The Cleopatra game, he stopped after JH, clearly stopped because it was her and he patted her shoulder told her she did it wrong. They exchanged look a few moment later in the background after the game ended. it was so cute.

---

In the other hand, i really like HH's friend.

I think it must be way funnier if they have change to play outside instead of inside. but their closeness is something really warm and remarkable. HH's couple is the most stand out to me. KS's is another highlight i guess, his friend is shy but cute.

SC's couple is... uhm...i expected to see his brother...he seemed nice in earlier ep, helped SC packed. ( i never watched the up-coming preview part so i didnt know who is in next)

do they also stay in the house in next part?

• Like 3

@jihyok and @jeremylim88 i'm sure there are parts of the story that's untold by KS, JK, and JH. 

what makes me curious is the subject that makes JK and KS had to tried to sent JH home first before discussing it. and as JH said, JK and KS kept going somewhere else without her. this is purely my delulu mind, but after looking at the date, i just realize that day is next month. so maybe JK and KS is preparing something for that day :D 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Adines Nugraha said:

@jihyok and @jeremylim88 i'm sure there are parts of the story that's untold by KS, JK, and JH. 

what makes me curious is the subject that makes JK and KS had to tried to sent JH home first before discussing it. and as JH said, JK and KS kept going somewhere else without her. this is purely my delulu mind, but after looking at the date, i just realize that day is next month. so maybe JK and KS is preparing something for that day :D 

so 'what happened' happened near the shoting day? 

1 hour ago, julia147 said:

it is not like she was left alone, drunk, with a stranger.

I agree. It's not like he put her in a cab, and sent her home. He left her with a trusted employee, whose job was to take care of her. Also, as already mentioned, if the goal was to date in plain sight by using a 3rd person, it was best to leave with the 3rd person in case someone caught them. And apparently being caught was a concern since KJK mentioned being tracked -- a rather alarming reality of being a celebrity, I guess. Maybe Dispatch is still trying, after all.

@Adines Nugraha -- I'm a bit slow right now so don't quite get it -- Are you referring to SJH's birthday or something else?

• Like 3

@jeremylim88 The whole situation told by KS could be true. But it doesn't mean JK isn't gentleman enough or SA is not dating. Why? They are celebrities, not ordinary people, so every single action of theirs can be beyond our understanding, especially when it comes to dating stuff. There are paparazzies following them everywhere and that's (probably) why SA had to drag KS in their date to avoid suspicion, so you definitely don't expect him to send JH home. If it was caught by media, game over.

Until there is strong evidence or announcement of either of them dating anyone else, let's not have doubts and lose our faith. Let's just keep sailing our ship happily!

• Like 2