[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

@chelseafjl8 I found those moments adorable too! I've really enjoyed that in this episode and the last one, their interactions have mainly consisted of them smiling and laughing with each other. I don't know why but it's just something I really enjoy. 

I thought this was a fairly decent episode. I did like how they incorporated the history lesson at the end but I do recall reading a few comments that it was boring. This episode had 4 or 5 mission locations as they go gathering consonants so the screentime might not have been even, though I do think they tried hard to make sure it was. Editing was better, still a bit sloppy but it's slowly getting more polished. There was a mistake when they were showing who was out (HH and JSJ) and KJK and SJH weren't colored in but they are the next ones to be eliminated. I also like how they're attempting to make the name tag elimination rounds different but perhaps those would be best when there are no guests. As guests aren't used to the format of the show, keeping things simple would be best. Having too many rules might overwhelm them, like in this episode. 

Spartace are on the same team this episode (LOL at SJH requesting KJK for her team, reminds me of the early days of RM). During the Karaoke-Jump Rope mission, though the girls nominate KJK to do the singing, he doesn't really want to do it; he even states that again when Jo Yoon Hee suggests he do it after she fails. But guess who's singing along when SJH does the mission. I was laughing pretty hard when it was revealed that SJH scored 100 points when SJH and KJK both agree that she was out of tune and sang badly. 

Thanks @Erararara Jung for sharing those links. Especially that second one, the one about the wordplay mission because it shows how that scene might be interpreted by a Spartace shipper and I've also seen how a MC shipper had looked at that scene (though their interpretation did make me question if we watched the same episode). I'm interested in hearing how others saw that scene, especially KJK's statement of how the word "galgaekkun" seems to fit KG. I thought it may be it's because a character is similar to KG's name but the phrasing of his statement suggests that KG matches the definition of the word. Since it's a mission that's using either archaic or uncommon terms, things are probably going to get lost in translation so I can't rely a lot on the subs.

• Like 9

On 10/8/2016 at 10:35 AM, twinlovers said:

sejeong has quite an ambition , i dont think she interested on love right now , but from her ideal man description, it's indeed similar to KJK , we shouldnt judge kjk attention toward sejeong as love interest , kjk know some younger idol , for example like seohyun , too bad rare to see they together in a show. the fact that seohyun asked to get piggyback from KJK as seohyun fans actually surprise me a bit, seems if KJK has female celebrity idol phone number, he actually really close with them. but i really jealous of kjk, he has close relationship song ji hyo , park shin hye, seohyun, & kim sejeong all my favorite celebrities lol , if he date any of them he's hitting jackpot XD

c870a9a53c8d4cd7abc31a01a3d57da6.png

• Like 5

I just come across new regarding what LKS said in JSJ radio show today. In the two news I read, both said LKS mentioned he will let SJK sleep in the large room/LKS bedroom and he himself will sleep on sofa. Remember the rm episode that mentioned LKS just moved into the new apartment with 4 rooms (EP310)? When the guest asked why there are so many rooms, LKS said one is for JK, and YJS added in one is for SJK. LKS response is not shown, but he didn’t deny it at that time while the guest said “ahhhhhh...okok!” (showing he gets it now why there are so many rooms when LKS lives alone). And with what he said today on the radio, SJK is actually sleeping in his room instead of the said room for SJK. I am starting to question the truth of what said on rm. I found no reason for LKS to cover up SJK has a room in his apartment so I believe he is telling the truth. And with SJK often sleeps in his place (LKS often mention this in events/shows he attended), there is no reason for removing his room normally. For me, if my friend owns a room in my place as he sleeps here often, I will empty his room and use the room for other purpose if he doesn’t come often anymore. But this is not the case for SJK. Maybe there are some external reasons for emptying the room? Or else, normally you will not do so. It is actually more convenient to have a room for your friend who always come to sleep in your place (at least you don’t need to sleep on sofa often right?)

SA fans always consider LKS as the number one “cover-up” friend for SA love life, stating that LKS will be there when SA dates so it looks like it is just friends hanging out/ SA going to LKS apartment to date but shown as visiting friends to public, etc. But recently the only connection between JK and LKS (shown to public) is this “having a room in his apartment” thing (nobody spot the three hanging around), which makes some SA fans believe his apartment is a dating venue for SA, the biggest cover up LKS made for SA since both JK and JH live with their parents. (Owning a room makes SA fans further believe in this)

I am wondering it as I have come across some comments from SA fans saying SA date in LKS apartment and JK owning a room makes it easier as they have privacy. It will be awkward when your friend is beside you all the time when you date right? So if SJK doesn’t really own a room as mentioned, what about JK? Though we can only guess since we will never know the truth, but if it is just to show JK and LKS are close (they did this a lot in rm before, as fans of the two always have fan war I think...not saying they are not close but obviously they emphasized their closeness when it is not really necessary several times), then I think SA doesn’t date frequently in LKS apartment, at least not as frequent as SA fans think. As I said, it is awkward when your friend always beside you when dating. And if every time they date in LKS house, LKS will leave to give them privacy, then he will need to leave the apartment frequently, depends on how many times they date in the apartment. However, with JK and JH personality, they are people that care about others. They will not be selfish and always ask their friend to leave his apartment just to benefit themselves. Hence, I think it is impossible that LKS apartment is SA frequent dating venue if JK doesn’t have a room there.

What do you guys think?

• Like 4

I think jk really has a room in ks house. He said about jk room himself but about sjk others add it after ks said and ks was in his serious mode when mentioned jk room. Maybe others add sjk after ks said that to make it normal that jk has a room in his house. You know these two were linked to each other and even jk in one of his interviews said we are not dating so rumours should be alot for jk to deny it himself. Plus editing in that part was not that smooth like they edited out something. Maybe they wanted to cover up what ks said and mentioned sjk since they spoke about jk sleep over in ks house before. They should be careful about what they say while filming since it's possible they won't be able force pd to edit out ehat they don't want to be aired. 

• Like 3

@sana82 inspired with your comment. Maybe it just me that think JK having a room in his well-known close friend is normal to me and nothing that need to be covered up? LKS often mentions about SJK sleeping in his house, showing how close they are whatever events or shows that LKS is in. And for the record, SJK is a closer friend to LKS than JK. If SJK, who slept more than JK in LKS place (as both LKS and SJK always mentioned), doesn’t have a room, then it is really hard to believe that JK owns a room. And till now, I tried getting your point why the thing about owning a room in his apartment needs to be edited out and be careful for saying it on show when it is real? But I still cannot understand it. Would you mind clarifying it a bit? Why it is something that they don’t what to be aired? Obviously, they will not saying anything like JK needs a room there to date in front of the guests. (just for example) So what needs to be hidden and cannot be aired? I cannot think of any.

• Like 3

I agree that it would be awkward to be dating someone with your friend constantly there, but KJK probably has permission to be in LKS's apartment when LKS isn't there. Fans who claim that KJK and SJH date in LKS's apartment aren't just saying this for no reason - this is practiced among celebrities trying to keep a relationship a secret. One person with an apartment will invite the couple over to hang out there and then leave the couple there for a few hours to hang out with other friends. I think Lee Hyori has admitted to doing this, though I forget where I read it so don't quote me on that. So LKS might hang out with spartace some time and might just give them time there alone while he visits friends or family. 

• Like 4

. I know you like to think about every thing to understand it but in this case we don't have enough evidence to admit or deny it.i said that base on what i felt and their facial expressions. So it can be wrong or someone else can see it in another way.just like how both mc fans and sa shippers see same rm eps but think differently about it.
Anyway ks was trying to explain why his home has 4 bedrooms when he lives alone and he said one is for jk hyung like something every one knows and it's not something new for them and it was not a situation that it seems they want to show off how close these two are.
And about cove up something i said it as a possibility why they brought up sjk name .if he really was honest in that radio show that sjk slept in ks room and it was not a joke and sjk don't have no room in his house what was their reason to bring up his name in that ep and it was not ks himself who mentioned sjk.
Jl was asked before in his owe shows and when he was guest in other shows that he is a gay or do you have any interest in women. Sometimes he ignore it or laugh it up but it shows there are rumours about he being a gay in korea.most if us know the reason so i won't explain it.and in his Singapore interview he was asked about his relationships with ks .i was not a rm fan at that time but from his answer it seems there were rumours about jk and ks dating and it was big enough for jk to know about it.he said they are close friends and ks is like his brother but they are not dating. After translator said this he repeated again we are not dating.
Now after that ks said jk has a room in his house. If they were alone it could start rumours but with sjk has a room there too it seems normal. Like all of his close friends have a room in his house. Although pd didn't highlight that part they were not sure that this part will find its way to news or not so they made sure to add sjk name.
Of course everything i said is just a theory and i can be wrong about it.
And a question. Are ks and sjk really closer than jk and ks?i don't follow sjk so don't know how many times he and ks mentioned eachother but if  i remember correctly jk once said i meet ks in week days 3 or 4 times. Personally I'm closer to friends that i meed frequently so i always thought jk and ks are really close. 

• Like 2

@linzer03 I know about LHR and I also think LKS had let them date in his place before. I am just wondering whether it is “frequently” as thought by SA fans.

@sana82 Surely there is always two sides or different opinions towards a matter, or else what the use of discussion? Lol I am just thinking is there anything I missed out so I don’t have the feeling that they are covering up something. And reading your latest comment with more explanations, I think I missed out analyzing LKS facial expression in that rm episode, which I watched only during the time this episode is aired. Apologize if you find offensive...

And the friendship of Lee Kwangsoo, Song Jong Ki and Jo In Sung is well-known in Korean entertainment industry. Their friendship is as famous as KJK and dragon brothers. So questions about the other two are often asked in their interview or shows. For example, in the raido show LKS guested yesterday, JSJ asked whether LKS is jealous that JIS said he love SJK more than LKS in one of JIS interview before. LKS said no he is not jealous and he said he also love SJK more than JIS (which create laughter for their friendship). LKS also went to Japan with JIS and just come back to Korea. But among the three, it is known that LKS and SJK are a bit closer (may be because they have same age?). JK and LKS are close friends. But LKS-SJK-JIS is a more famous one when talking about LKS friendship in Korea. It’s like JK is famous with dragon brothers, LKS is famous with the friendship of the three. Whenever they are talking about friendship on shows/event, dragon brothers are always the first to pop up for JK, and LKS-SJK-JIS is the first to pop up for LKS. While it is known that JK is closest to CTH among all five members of dragon brother, LKS is known as closer with SJK than JIS. If you are interested, you can google LKS SJK JIS and a lot of news articles will pop out.

• Like 3

Guest athoughtcloud1

@dragonlovers @linzer03 @sana82 Can't say for sure how much JK's 'having a room' in LKS' apartment is true! But I think he hangs out/used to hang out a lot at LKS' house. Even in the 'Lee Kwang Soo Day' episode where we are informed that LKS shifted to a new apartment the previous week and that JSJ and YJS already visited his house when their shoot got delayed, we hear JK saying 'KS said he would give me a room in his apartment' .JSJ/YJS informs JK that there isn't enough space in LKS' apartment for that. So, I think JK has been (perhaps half-jokingly?)wanting LKS to set aside a room for him in his apartment for some time. I think it is not just about having a dating spot, JK may just want a place to rest in between his shoot. Since his home is not in Seoul, it might make sense to have a place in a close friend's home where he can stay over for the night if the shoot ends really late/ hang out  (he might have other friends, but LKS is single, so it might be considered less of a bother for LKS who is after all his dongsaeng). From YJS' and JSJ's talk, got the feeling that they had crashed into his place when they needed a place to hang out when their shoot got delayed. JSJ, JH and JK also visited LKS' house early morning. So get the feeling it is a place where his castmates think they can crash into without much formality. I remember JK also saying once that he meets KS five times a week, jokingly adding that they were not dating. Seems more likely then that JK hangs out in KS's house if they meet/used to meet that frequently. Compared to JK , I think SJK's schedule won't allow him to visit LKS everyday and also he has his own house in Seoul.  If JSJ, JH and JK were surprised to see Joong Ki at LKS' house, gives me the feeling that they don't see him often at LKS' place.It may also be a place for JK and JH to have some time alone since like @linzer03 pointed out,  it is quite common for single k-celebs to give their houses to their friends for dating! Not that it might be their only dating spot, but it might be one!

@athoughtcloud1 Agree with you that JK may visit his place not for date but for something else like hanging around with LKS. When you put it this way, it makes more sense that SJK doesn’t own a room though he is the closest to LKS, since he lives in Seoul as well, while JK lives in Anyang. Totally agree that it is one of the few dating spots, but not the only one, as what I read a few SA fans claiming. As what I mentioned in my previous post, I am questioning whether it is as “frequently” as SA fans claim. I initially brought up this discussion since I read some SA fans claiming LKS place is the ONLY dating spot and whenever SA goes to his place, is for dating, which I find hard to agree with. What great about SA fans is that maybe some are too delu, most are analytic and discussing with facts.

• Like 5

Guest athoughtcloud1

Overall, it was a nice episode for me as well! There was a theme running through connecting the different missions and the games were ones that fit the overall theme. I think the PD deserves some credit for using the theme well - it was a wonderful way to test the vocabulary of the members what with them having to figure out obsolete words as well as use the letters available to build particular phrases. In case they didn't have the right consonants, they couldn't use readily available modes of transportation and had to walk. I also thought the last part was pretty enlightening! When I watched it RAW, it felt like 'WTH? RM ends with a lecture?', but when the subs came, it all made sense. The story was really interesting and it gave some gravitas to the missions they had done through the day. I think this is something other k-variety shows have done where the purpose of the places visited gets explained at the end making us look back at the episode in a new light, but seems like a first for RM. For me, they did a reasonably good job with it. The conclusion of the lecture could have been done better perhaps in a much more RM way rather than the pat 'we should remember the sacrifices of those before us', but since this is something they are doing for the first time, I have no complaints.

I also found it refreshing that there was an attempt to try out new combinations. Usually the team combinations are so set that one can't imagine a scenario where JH is placed with both the female guests in the same team.  In the next to next episode, seems like YJS is leading an all woman's team. I find such scenarios interesting since they bring an air of unpredictability to RM. I don't know how that episode will go, but this, I thought, was a reasonable success. Honestly, I would have still enjoyed the episode if JH's team hadn't changed. I was looking forward to watching JH with the girls and SJ since I have not seen JH work with women that many times. I would have also loved to see the Commander and the two kids combination - it is always a pleasure to watch how JK and Gary don't need words to communicate when it comes to missions; while the others were wondering how to frame the letter, JK and Gary were doing it so quickly without wasting any time! JK and Gary are a formidable team!

I wonder if the PD wanted JH's team to get the chance for a switch. Don't know if there was a sequence edited out where Haha again incorrectly guessed the option for the last question, but it was a bit weird to see the PD not paying attention to JK and Gary making the proper shape of the letter before JH's team did theirs. The missions in this episode weren't ones that required much physical strength; so I don't think it would have mattered beyond a point even if SJ was retained in JH's team - the girls may have had to do some heavy lifting at times and the name-tag ripping option in the last mission may have worked against them if in the hands of the other team, but still compared to many RM episodes, I think it was still manageable. I know KJK had the name with the maximum number of consonants in Haha and Gary's team and he, as the Commander, is the person who can balance out a team with three girls. However, JH could have chosen JS or KS too since she had the option to choose from both teams. In the past, KJK would not have been an option for JH. She would have been forced to choose Gary to keep the MC loveline alive. After watching so many episodes where JH has never had a choice except Gary, it is refreshing to note that we have come this far where JH can openly voice whom she wants and the PD lets her exercise her choice! I don't think the PD designed the game so as to put spartace in one team since from JK's expression when JH asked for a switch, I got the feeling he was also waiting to see how it would play out. When Haha protested, JH was also asking the production team as to why she couldn't choose the way she wanted. After the choice, when JH was explaining their mode of conveyance, I felt she was a bit shy (coz she had chosen JK and would know the others would have teasing expressions on their faces?) since she was looking down rather than looking at the other members.

This episode had a slightly different vibe for me compared to other spartace episodes. For one thing, SA being on the same team without other members around has happened only a few times before - in episode 21, episode 57, in episode 233? with the male idols and in the last segment for the Femme Fatale Race (remind me if there were more). This is the first time SA are on a team without other RM members around after the end of the MC loveline. So it might have been a pretty tricky situation since they have to decide how they are going to interact with each other and that too in front of guests. [Aside: I always wonder how spartace will behave with each other if they get coupled in a race - since they have never got a chance to establish a variety equation in a situation where there are just the two of them in front of the camera, it might turn out to be slightly awkward in the beginning.] I think I got a different vibe in this episode also because they are not used to conversing with each other, just the two of them, in front of the camera for a long period of time. In the last few episodes, when other people talk to JK on the bus, JH either chimes in with a comment or sits quiet. But here, it was just the two of them who had to hold a conversation in front of guests. Plus they would know that they shouldn't also give much away from their interactions. So, this episode was interesting that way since spartace had to develop a variety equation for the camera where there were just the two of them without members to guide/restrain them.

I think both were acting a bit cautious. Yes, in the beginning, you could see JK about to hug JH which was cut. But after that, they did not do the handholding or the high-fives that they normally do when they win. More than JK, I felt it was JH who was cautious/didn't know how to behave. May be because of all that, JH seemed a bit different to me this episode compared to how she was in the Second to Last Love episode (where she was "full of love" and her excitement to be on JK's team was palpable) or the Running Map episode. May be more than a matter of JH being cautious, it also perhaps had to do something with her being really tired out (since her drama shoot had begun the previous week). So got the feeling that while  JH perked up during the missions, she was a bit subdued in general. Also, don't know if it is me, but I get the feeling when JH is tired, she is a bit reserved? Most of the times, the girls were addressing JK than JH! But we also didn't get to see some missions which were edited out - I think in the squat mission where they had to find the letters on the note, JH and the girls ganged up on JK making him do the squat (which is why I think he was complaining about their treating him like a servant in the jump rope mission). So, perhaps JH and the girls did talk more than we got to see, but based on what I got to see, I thought JH was a bit preoccupied in this episode. I also wonder if it was a case of JH being more cautious before the camera while talking with JK - in the role play mission, when the girls are discussing what the meanings of the words are, you can see JH looking in JK's direction as if she is about to say something, but then keeps mum. Also don't know if JH was busy finding out from the reactions of the PD team if their guesses were right or if it was a case of her being shy to meet JK's eyes, but when they were doing the last role play, she was looking away whenever JK was looking in her direction. At times, even I felt like the instagrammer @Erararara Jung linked that JH was watching JK's expressions when he was doing the role play with Ji Yeon! (I suppose she was really tired since that was like the penultimate mission not to forget that they had to walk around a bit when the letters on their script didn't add up to a car or a van; but I still felt there was something there and am still puzzling over it. JH is the kind who usually leads by offering suggestions to JK; here she was standing quietly watching JK interact with the female guests. She might have wanted the female guests to shine and so did not participate in the role play. Besides, she hasn't really done a role play with JK since ages, so it might be awkward for both of them, but first time seeing her stand so quiet! Perhaps JH also doesn't really enjoy it when she has to watch JK do a mission where he has to do role play with another woman, especially when that woman has to act a bit coquettish with him!)

What do you think? Did you feel JH was a bit subdued in this episode or is it just me?

Guest athoughtcloud1

There were a couple of places where I thought their real life interactions peeked through - first was JK's addressing JH about the cigarette smell in the car – that was quite a personal comment to make! And his question was like ‘I can smell cigarette smoke in the car. Do you know why?' ’Was it to get a reaction from JH since there is that old joke about JH quitting smoking?I felt the female guests were laughing thinking along those lines. But JH responded seriously to his question and was looking a bit embarrassed. So I wondered whether  JK was also being slightly serious there,  trying to target her manager since he would know well who smokes in the car! (the ex-anti smoking campaign ambassador scolding the manager for exposing JH to passive smoking! LOL) Again, the game where they had to do role play with the less known korean words - @winnerslast I wonder if JK was using the first word in the sense of 'trouble-maker' when talking about Gary - he talked about it suiting Gary as if it was fairly obvious. It could be that he was reminded of Gary since there was a "gae" in that word - perhaps he was also punning on the word - Gary can be the trouble-maker coz of his 'bad boy' image and he can also be the interrupter of spartace interactions (since JK used the interrupter word in its right sense when referring to JH in the role play, so he kind of guessed what it meant) . But I think the part where he teased JH by calling her the interrupter was definitely an inside joke! Perhaps other interpretations can be given to his words, but the most likely one seems to me the most obvious - a GF whose presence makes it hard for him to act close with female guests! JH acted a bit protective with KS, but she never had any problem with KS having a loveline with Ji Eun. JK is also her castmate just like LKS and not even her loveline partner! Then why is it that JH doesn't deny JK's words that she is the interrupter of his having a sweet mood with the female guest? She could have said things like 'who am I to disturb you' First she smiles in amusement, then unleashes the bad JH, but stops short of hitting JK! But here, I thought she was being a bit serious with her reply. She repeats the words 'I will disturb you all' twice and her tone and facial expression don't seem like her words are all in jest (it is more in the lines of 'Oppa you know I won't stand and watch if you do something like that!'). JH, being the bad Ji Hyo could be saying 'I will interrupt/disturb all I want', but why should she 'interrupt/disturb' in the first place and why her slightly weird reaction to his words? I suspect that the guests got the joke too! LOL

Compared to JH, I think JK was less cautious about interacting closely with her. Perhaps he understood that JH was a bit low on energy coz she was tired or because of other things! (I really think she was tired. Even when she turns around when JK slaps her back, she has a slightly tired but indulgent smile). He kept on trying to get her attention (the 'it is B!' declaration was so LOL! You could hear the PD and the crew laughing! The same with when JK declared JH as the interrupter. You could hear people laughing in the background. I get the feeling spartace being cheeky with each other does make the insiders laugh. Even before spartace were a thing, in episode 111? where JH and JK have that mini-wrestle where she bites him as he tries to rip her tag and they have that teasing back and forth, you can hear the crew laughing out loud). I do think that JK was quite earnest about trying to affix the nametag on JH's back, but I also think some of the extra force he put into it was to get her attention which he eventually got. And we got a really sweet moment! Don't know if it is me, but I think the female guests understood quite clearly that JH and JK are a thing, at least by the end of it. When she sees JH stretching her hand to touch JK's shoulder, you can see Yoon Hee turning her body away so that she is not facing spartace! She had no obvious reason to turn away as Ji Yeon was still busy putting the tag on her and you need to sit straight for that! - reminded me of Suzy's 'flash of understanding moment in episode 155 when she also moved away from spartace.

I enjoyed the red team's interactions! Yoon Hee and Ji Eun were both quite sporty ! I loved that part where Yoon Hee, perhaps learning from JH who asked JK to do the squat for the previous mission, goes 'somebody who is strong and who sings should do the mission' and JH bursts out laughing looking at JK's face! Usually JH and JK gang up against other members when in the same team, but this time JH and the girls were ganging up to make JK do all the missions. We also got to know JK's opinion of JH's singing - she is completely out of tune, but brave! LOL [Aside: Always puzzles me why JK doesn't like to sing that much on RM!] Wish JH hadn't waited and used the bag immediately to oust KS or at least created a situation where she used it to bargain with KS or the others! They could have saved JK from elimination. The rule for name-tag ripping wasn’t properly explained – did KS find two bags which gave him the right to rip two tags or can possessing the beg let you rip a certain amount of tags? That was a confusing part! Kudos to the Red team for giving the blue team a run for their money - compared to the all male team, this was a team with three female members; the female guests also played on bravely even after losing their experienced team members.

I would like to see how spartace interact in the next episode - with the experienced entertainer Narae on their team, they don't really have to worry about taking care of her unlike the inexperienced female guests in this episode, but since the missions will be done in the same place with all the RM members and the guests, guess it will be a different dynamic! And it will be a different PD and seeing the gags in the teaser, I have a slightly worried feeling about it since I usually don't enjoy RM episodes with gag men/women.  But I am glad the production team let spartace be on the same team consecutively with only the guest around! They will learn to develop their variety equation with each other when there is just the two of them in front of the camera with or without guests! For me, this episode is slightly strange since we are getting to see something new where JH and JK have to create a working variety equation when they are by themselves where they need to have enough banter going on for the show without making it too obvious that they are really close! Recently, I feel that JK is out of that 'cautious' phase and doesn't mind holding JH's hands or teasing her whenever he gets the chance like in the last episode - what was that about JH's waist being long enough to hold 5 tags? LOL However, in JH's case, she has a drama about to air and then has that pharma CF with Gary. So, perhaps she is being a bit more cautious or perhaps it was just for this episode! We will have to wait and see!

I think overall, this episode also worked better since there was a fairer distribution of screen time - the green team got the short end of the stick, but at least they had interesting moments like Haha's call with Skull! The blue team got the bulk of screen time, but the red team also didn't get that bad a deal! Yeah, some SA moments were cut, but overall I think we got some really interesting moments. That last name-tag pasting moment could have been edited out, but the editor kept it in!  Though shown very quickly, they also showed that moment from the squat mission where JH calls JK "oppa", he says something and the female guest laughs. I wonder what that fancam moment was - JS and JK were bickering there, but it was edited out!

As an RM fan, we have a right to complain if what we see on the show is not something that suits family viewing or something we perceive as crude/crass - hitting someone on their private area is something we can be spared as viewers especially since JK looked like he was in pain and his reference to that being a foul gave me the feeling that the foul rule was introduced to keep such things in check! If JK also does something 'unfair', he should also get a warning for that! It will be good if the PD is the boss in such matters and doesn’t let such things happen so frequently! However, I know JK and LKS have that equation where if JK has a problem with KS, he can go and confront him about that. So, we need not get too much into what we perceive as an off moment between the two! They must have their ways of sorting it out! But as viewers, we can always ask SBS RM to ensure that some lines are not crossed in the name of entertainment!

Edit: Gary is wearing the "one n only" snapback. Have KJK and Gary become the new MC? LOL Is it just a random thing or will Gary also go to JK's Las Vegas concert as a guest (if there are more than one RM member guesting)? JK has worn Halyang before, right? But has Gary ever worn Just Run or One n Only? Haha too wore One n Only in the opening recently n then switched to Halyang for the mission, but Gary is wearing One n Only after changing to the mission clothes.Hmmm...

KJK and KG's teamwork is really impressive. I hope we get to see more of it in future. Put them together for a couple raceor something. It'll never happen of course but a girl can dream.

@dragonlovers I dont think any of us can pretend to know how frequently KJK and SJH use LKS's place for dating. I think if spartace is dating we can fairly securely say that its happened at least once (LKS said during talk bingo "its not my house right?" when KJK was about to say one of his dating places). And if KJK and LKS really did meet up three or four times a week, I doubt SJH was present for all of them. However, I'd argue that KJK and SJH had to date at LKS's place frequently enough for it to be a joke among them during talk bingo. If it was just one or two times, I doubt LKS would blurt it out during RM filming like that. It's also possible that KJK and SJH dated at LKS's place more often during 2013 and 2014 than they do now. As more people learned about the relationship, perhaps KJK and SJH gained more dating places (ex celeb restaurants) and they didnt have to rely on LKS as much. They also started working more in China in 2015 so perhaps they spent less time in the area and started meeting up overseas. So what was once a frequent practice isnt any longer and maybe the amount of times KJK sees LKS has decreased in the last year or so. 

@athoughtcloud1 (for some reason my phone isnt tagging you) You raised some interesting points about the episode. I think I need to rewatch it before I weigh in, but I'll get back to you on that.

• Like 7

@linzer03 Yup, I think you are right. Thanks for giving your viewpoints. Well, we will never know the truth about it. And without MC now, they can hang out more freely as well.

@athoughtcloud1 I didn’t pay attention to Gary wearing one-and-only hat. I think I miss it out. But recently, the ins absolutekpopus (which is the official platform to sell JK and HaHa US Concert tickets) posted the song Words I Want to Say to You, which is a song of JK, HaHa and KG.

That is when I start seeing comments and posts guessing whether KG will be one of the guests. I am not sure but it seems JK and HaHa didn’t sing this song in the previous US tour? But this time is a bit different as the concert is not only the two. Turbo will be there as well. Before, HaHa often sang turbo songs with JK. So now, with turbo and Skull there as well, I am looking forward for JK and HaHa new joint stage. Maybe it will be something new? They can sing the mentioned song together with KG if he is one of the guests. It is rare for fans to see live stage for this song. Don’t know whether the official will announce the RM guests before the concert or keep it as a surprise.(Or they announced it already but I miss out the news? I still cannot find info about the guests in the news issued 161010 KoreaDaily...But I spot some saying 100% LKS only and KG is not the guest...) Most fans are dying to know.
  • Like 7

@dragonlovers They haven't announced who the guest is.  People are saying it's KS because of the silhouette.  There's a chance it could be Gary because of the choice of song used but they could have used the song too because JK and HaHa are headlining the concert, and as far as I know that is the only song they sang together (please correct me if I'm wrong).  The thing is if Gary is the guest, I don't see why they wouldn't feature his name with the concert as he is a musician and you would think he would not just be a special guest. And I could be bias but like if JK and HaHa are putting in the work to produce this concert and Gary is going too, I feel like he would've/should've been part of the production and preparation of the concert too since he is in the same line of work with JK and HaHa. The day JK posted on his IG the photo with HaHa was the same day KG posted on his IG I believe hanging out with his group of friends. Granted KG can be hanging out with friends at a different time than when JK and HaHa were having dinner. But just based on all these live chats KG has been doing and learning Chinese, it doesn't seem like it's him.  None of my reasoning is based on solid evidence or facts so there's a fifty-fifty chance that he might be the guest or he might not, who knows some of his fans on IG are saying he's going to the US. But the biggest reason why I don't think it's KG is because he is a musician and flying all the way over to another continent you would think they would attach his name to the concert too. And since it's RM Bros Concert, you would think they wouldn't put him a musician and a RM member as a special guest but list Turbo and Skull.   I think this is my reasoning that it's probably someone not in the music line of field that is going to Vegas. Oh wells, I don't think we'll know until they fly out for Vegas. 

• Like 5

Guest athoughtcloud1

@dragonlovers That song is one of my favourites - their voices match so well. It is really sad that they haven't had a live stage for that. Would have loved to see at least a video of the 3 of them singing that song together. But like you mentioned, perhaps they uploaded that video coz JK and Haha are in it together. You can check out Gary's pic from the newest episode on the sbs ig. People are saying it is 'one n only' cap.

@linzer03 Yeah, would love to know your thoughts! There are so many variables that we don't know about, so ours can only be speculations.

I am glad JK did TFS! Since it was such a chaotic show where the MCs had to constantly improvise, I feel JK's MC-ing skills have improved. Compared to the first cringe-worthy episode of TFS where JK made his pitch in a robotic tone and overworked the female guest, he improved by leaps and bounds as the show progressed and had to assume a main MC role. Found that difference in this episode, especially in his interactions with the female guests! He now knows how to break the ice and make them comfortable! I liked what he did with Yoon Hee! It was also good that none of the guys were around to set up lovelines for JK with the female guests since it helped him behave freely with them. That JK could do the romantic 'role play' thing with the female guests without being teased for it was such a relief!  I would love to see more of this JK which is closer to his real self - who can joke around comfortably with women instead of the RM JK with the blush animation pasted on his face all the time! Even in the RM Ice Hockey Episode, he had been doing well with Soo Ae trying to make her comfortable before the loveline was foisted on him.

I wish JH would also do a variety show which pushes her to get out of her comfort zone - where she has to talk more and be more of an MC! JH says she used to be an introvert before and that it is because of RM that she has opened up more, but down the years, I feel she has become less of a talker than she used to be. On FO when she guested, she didn't know any of the people in the house except for Si Yeon. Yet she mixed so well with them and even dared to approach the reserved JK and talk to him about Daesung's bragging. The same with early RM episodes!  I always laugh when I watch JH's heart beat raising game with Haha with the 'infamous' new year wish. She was so good with the repartees! For me, she has quietened down as RM progressed! Now she mostly talks about the missions with the members or the guests. The MC thing could have been a major reason for that. But now that she is out of it, I hope she can regain a bit of that side of her personality. That is one of the reasons I wish for new team combinations on RM where JH will be pushed to do more small talk with the guests. If it is an actress guest, would love to hear JH and the guest discuss their sunbaes or acting projects! She would definitely get more screen time that way!

@athoughtcloud1  While I agree it would be nice for JH to get a variety show to get her out of her comfort zone, so people can see more of the real her per say, I don't think that's necessarily the best decision on her part to get attached to any more variety shows.  There is a reason why hardly any actors and actresses sign up to be a permanent cast member of a variety show.  I think her going on other variety shows as guests would be a better alternative for her than being a permanent member. If she were to get attached to another show on top of RM, her window for drama schedule filming will be narrowed.  In the cosmo interview she recently did, she already mentioned how her schedule is packed with drama filming and RM filming taking on another variety show isn't going to help. I think it all boils down to what she really wants to do in the entertainment field and which market she really wants to succeed in.  I love JH and as her fan, I've been disappointed with the lack of opportunities she's been given in acting department.  One may argue that she may be given a lot of opportunities but she's turning them down, but she did mention she isn't at a position in her career to turn any offers down.  She started as a model/actress, and yes she's been focusing a lot more in the China market with the movies, but I think her another goal of hers is also to succeed in the Korean market as an actress.  As of late, articles about JH and her new drama is getting negative opinions from Knetz, not saying Knetz are right and should be what JH pays attention to, but they do bring up valid points.  In my opinion, she's currently well known more as a variety entertainer than an actress, people can argue that statement, but I think that if you were to ask the general public who JH is, they'll most likely bring up RM.  Honestly, I think she's at a career point where she doesn't know what to do and it doesn't help that she's a free agent without officially signing on to an agency.  I know C-Jes is still helping her out when she needs staff members around, but I don't think they're at an agreement where they're helping her pick up dramas.  I just really hope she signs on to an agency that can help her with acting opportunities if acting is what she wants to continue pursuing.  I know she feels a sense of loyalty to RM, because it has brought her many more opportunities than she has gotten before RM, but it also hindered another part of her career.  At this point she can't really drop out of RM to focus on her acting career, and if she wanted to, she should've done it when Song Joong Ki did it.  As I mentioned before a director brought up the point that her variety persona overshadows her acting and viewers are unable to detach that image of hers from her acting.  Furthermore, I think male costar who gets paired up with her will going to deal with negative comments from fans from a variety show love line and I'm not entirely sure if people want to deal with that.  I know Choi Jin Hyuk and Byun Yo Han have gotten negative comments from fans, not criticisms about their acting, but comments about ruining a love line and all that jazz and I think to them it would seem like their job is taken as a joke.  I think breaking away from MC is probably a decision on her part to also help her detach herself from MC while doing dramas.  Idk what I'm trying to ramble here, but I think taking on another variety show isn't going to help with her acting career. Then again if she wants to continue on doing stuff in the variety field, then picking up another variety show is going to help. Going to comment on the last point, I don't think JH talking with other guests on RM about projects or sunbaes is going to get her much screen time on RM. If it was on other shows, maybe, but we know that RM favours scenes that are more entertaining as it's a game show and not a talk show. 

• Like 6