[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Based on next week's preview, SA decided to go separately for the SBS gift card. So they will compete against each other in ACE vs ACE teams. So whichever team gets chosen in the final roulette spin will win the SBS gift card.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtaudXjjV_g/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=8z03ydi0b38k

It is a bummer i thought SA would have used it together :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, spartaceluv98 said:

Based on next week's preview, SA decided to go separately for the SBS gift card. So they will compete against each other in ACE vs ACE teams. So whichever team gets chosen in the final roulette spin will win the SBS gift card.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtaudXjjV_g/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=8z03ydi0b38k

I can be sure this is scripted, RM is lack of idea nowadays, and with that big prize for both of them only, sure sbs don't want just like that,we can see like global race or any other project, when they just end the project like that, there is always a sequel prolong it, until people get bored

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, hojunnie said:

Haha asked JK to teach JH the form when playing dakji since he knows, JK said "I don't want to. It's because of you XXX(sekki) ya" He doesn't want to because they'll also start teasing them like 'wooo' 'holding hands!' lol  :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btanaz7FAL-tr18j3cO-gTr4eZjxj5T7iapyWQ0/

Thanks for the translation. I think jk hyung is really against the idea of them becoming the next loveline (which I am glad about since I dont want them to be a loveline too)  and doesn't really like the members teasing them too much. 

• Like 4

iirc, there's a white caption on SA couple episode which says "will they use it together or separately?" but the translator didn't translate it. this shows that RM had planned to make the SA special episode. if they chose to use it together, then we would not have the SA special episode.

also, imo i think KJK is not against the idea.. it's just that KJK wants to keep his interaction with SJH as natural as possible. since SA is somehow "official", now it all makes sense.. with everything we got during the fanmeet. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, kookiemongg said:

iirc, there's a white caption on SA couple episode which says "will they use it together or separately?" but the translator didn't translate it. this shows that RM had planned to make the SA special episode. if they chose to use it together, then we would not have the SA special episode.

also, imo i think KJK is not against the idea.. it's just that KJK wants to keep his interaction with SJH as natural as possible. since SA is somehow "official", now it all makes sense.. with everything we got during the fanmeet. 

Yeah i understand but it is still a pity that only one of them (and their team mates) would be able to use the gift card now, depending on which team wins. As a SA shipper i would rather SA use it themselves than share it with other members since the gift card was a result of SA's hard work and luck. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, spartaceluv98 said:

Yeah i understand but it is still a pity that only one of them (and their team mates) would be able to use the gift card now, depending on which team wins. As a SA shipper i would rather SA use it themselves than share it with other members since the gift card was a result of SA's hard work and luck. 

i think before we judge something, we still need to wait for the actual episode to air first. who knows that they will use it together bts? 

• Like 7

Okay, i haven't watch the ep yet, so i wont judge. But base on the clips that i saw in ig, i can't see no rejection at all.

Okay, i was talking to my friend (coshipper) just n0w and she said, i quote "At this point, what else can JK react to their tease? Of course he had to act shy and blush and asked them to stop. Just like how we use to do when someone teased us. But then, I'm sure we got flutter too!"  It's like when our friends teases us with our crush, we become shy and we tell them to stop. I remember i threatened by friends i'll hit them if they continue to tease me. We have seen jk being like that all the time. But the catch here is, if there's nothing going on why not deny? He can tell them to stop and justify himself. If he is really serious about finding someone to date this year and marry next year, and its not jh, so what's the use of this all. In the end who get bash? More than jk, it will be jh. We've seen him protect her from the crowd, do you think he will allow all of this 'coz im sure he knows the backlash it could give to jh, his very good friend, in the end? And again, why now? They have refused it since then so why now? Then my friend also said "If both of them playing along with the teasing, there's no need to have a loveline anymore. Better get a confession and make an official announcement!" Which i agree. Some, even i myself was thinking, why use "loveline?" But it got me thinking, if they don't deny and both play along, people will get curious and eventually either one need to say something, but if they play it in a "loveline" they don't need to say anything 'coz its a loveline. They can mask it thru a loveline. I don't know if you agree, but it's just my opinion.

And for years jk would usually hide his care and affection for jh, but last night we have seen how jk takes care of jh. If all they are doing in the show is really for nothing then why the h.eck are they doing it? For ratings? Rm has been in the lowest than now, why not use it before? Why only now? And for years we have seen jh being in the sideline when it comes to jk, she is the supporter/audience, but now she is the "one" already, and i don't know about you, but jh is glowing with happiness. It's like she became free. Free to do the thing she wants, and free to express her feelings. 

Let's not be too negative again. We always wanted them, now we have it. We might as well enjoy it. Maybe we are just not used of the idea them being the center of attention. It's just the matter of getting use to things. Let's see where they will lead us. 

And regarding them separating next week, guys we are talking about SA here. The most competitive members of RM. You think they would settle just like that. Both needs action. And besides isn't it fun to see them compete each other. It's not nice that they would just be loveydovey all the time. A little action can add up to the spice. 

So guys, let's just enjoy what we have now. Let's complain later when we see something that is beyond normal and worth complaining! 

Happy shipping!:)

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

Here is the brief translation of the opening scene teasing of Spartace (credit to haesong03 from ig)

Haha asked if they fought cause they weren’t standing next to each other. Then Yoo Jae Sook said that Ji Hyo is being careful cause even though is Jong Kook’s first love line it is already second love line for Ji Hyo. And then Jong Kook said he didn’t understand why they were saying “uuuh” and teasing him when he was nice to Ji Hyo (in the ice thing) cause that was only a normal thing to do, be nice to someone.

So based on what jk hyung stated, i really think he rather have their relationship lay low rather than being highlighted a lot on screen and members teasing them a lot on screen

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sofiemarz said:

And for years we have seen jh being in the sideline when it comes to jk, she is the supporter/audience, but now she is the "one" already, and i don't know about you, but jh is glowing with happiness. It's like she became free. Free to do the thing she wants, and free to express her feelings. 

I agree. No matter what’s going on, there’s no denying how happy SJH has been the past little while. I love your description of her as “glowing,” because she is literally glowing. She’s no longer the quiet, almost invisible, half-forgetten but often shamed supporting member. She’s front and center. Before anyone says she’s just happy to have more screen time, don’t forget that she’s always happily given up her screen time so others can shine, both members and guests. As you said, she’s free to express her feelings. Take that however far you choose to take it.

One more thing, some fans are upset re: what SJH said about KG. Frankly, I appreciate that she released KG’s ghost today. I’m not saying this because I ship her and KJK. I appreciate her doing this FOR KG. Yesterday, I read comments from fans who suggested that KJK should get KG’s approval before being with SJH. That’s insane. MC’s over. Fans need to let KG go. He’s happy now, and I see what SJH did today as her way of finally and officially cutting ties. Whether she’s “replacing” him with KJK or not isn’t the point. Hopefully “fans” respect SJH’s words, and they finally and fully support KG. Our precious squid deserves it. 

Let's not be too negative again. We always wanted them, now we have it. We might as well enjoy it. Maybe we are just not used of the idea them being the center of attention. It's just the matter of getting use to things. Let's see where they will lead us. 

Whatever happens with SA, let’s enjoy them while we can. If we’re right and they do get married, unless they get on a show like Return of Superman, we won’t see them together like this, again. 

And besides isn't it fun to see them compete each other. It's not nice that they would just be loveydovey all the time. A little action can add up to the spice. 

“Fans” complain when SA are not lovey dovey enough. “Fans” also complain when SA are on full display. Come on, y’all. Just chill and enjoy the ride. It’s just getting good. :D 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, spartaceluv98 said:

So based on what jk hyung stated, i really think he rather have their relationship lay low rather than being highlighted a lot on screen and members teasing them a lot on screen

And, this is great. Let’s not forget that the moment KJK makes the first move, it’s game over. SJH’s very strong. It’s going to be fun watching her “wear him down.” :D 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, perfectmatchjs said:

But seriously, why do they keep calling them a "loveline" (as I watched in the teaser video)? Jihyo's seond loveline on the show? Like what the heck? :no_mouth:

My reaction was the same as yours when I first saw it. SBS branding the word "loveline" on screen multiple times for SA made me kind of sick.

But then stepping back and re-thinking, I am sure SA have thought about this. And since SBS is going to find a loveline for KJK to do anyway, they would rather it be each other. Instead of what we saw SBS do to KJK last year (presenting him with a prize for it finally), and rather than other possibilities we haven't thought of (but you might have heard of if you have ever visited kjk's ig comments sections). As I translated in a previous Weibo analysis, SJH seemed to have detected what SBS is doing by leading KJK in the press conference episode to acknowledge he needs to find a date before getting married. Worried that SBS might be stuffing another person into his face, she boldly stepped up and basically told SBS, if you want a loveline, I'll give it to you, and SBS gladly bit the bait, since they wanted to feature SA for a long time anyways. (Hence the zealous on-screen text now)

Since the Korean public have been receptive to SA (since she spoke up during the conference), according to YJS in the following episode, them being a "loveline" will make the public accept them more easily when they do finally announce.

So look on the bright side, at least it's better than if one of them is pushed into another loveline. Remember when SBS pushed KJK into a loveline in two programmes, things looked bad, and another "successful" loveline like last year's with hurt the real relationship bad and delay an official announcement even further.  At least an "official" SA loveline with satisfy SBS, repel other possible suitors, prepare the public for SA, and help rectify their mindset after the public's imagination was captured by last year's other loveline.

We're in the endgame now guys!

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, danburo said:

I can be sure this is scripted, RM is lack of idea nowadays, and with that big prize for both of them only, sure sbs don't want just like that,we can see like global race or any other project, when they just end the project like that, there is always a sequel prolong it, until people get bored

I am inclined to think SBS told them not to share it so they can have another pre-text for another episode team battle. 

But then I start to think, SA was the only all-member team in that episode and there was actually a very good chance a member-guest team wins the card. The chance is completely random since it's a roulette wheel.  What would they have done then?

Which led me to think it might just be by chance and Hwanjin just improvised when SA won and came up with this fighting over the card thing.

Would have been perfect for the two of them to use it to go on a trip to Europe or something. I remember hearing somewhere that KJK has gone to all sorts of places in the States and Asia with his mother but is saving Europe for his love.  A Europe trip would have been perfect for SA, I wouldn't mind even if the RM staff tagged along and used the footage for another episode like the one they did when Gary won a Europe trip.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mn0096 said:

I agree. No matter what’s going on, there’s no denying how happy SJH has been the past little while. I love your description of her as “glowing,” because she is literally glowing. She’s no longer the quiet, almost invisible, half-forgetten but often shamed supporting member. She’s front and center. Before anyone says she’s just happy to have more screen time, don’t forget that she’s always happily given up her screen time so others can shine, both members and guests. As you said, she’s free to express her feelings. Take that however far you choose to take it.

I agree totally. This is the strong, confident and independent Ace we all loved from the early episodes. 

She's faded so much into the background that she became expendable in SBS's eyes, after Gary left and MC no longer possible they saw no need to keep her. As part of a new "loveline" she is now indispendable, and her increased participation in the show will make SBS sit up and re-think her value.

2 hours ago, mn0096 said:

One more thing, some fans are upset re: what SJH said about KG. Frankly, I appreciate that she released KG’s ghost today. I’m not saying this because I ship her and KJK. I appreciate her doing this FOR KG. Yesterday, I read comments from fans who suggested that KJK should get KG’s approval before being with SJH. That’s insane. MC’s over. Fans need to let KG go. He’s happy now, and I see what SJH did today as her way of finally and officially cutting ties. Whether she’s “replacing” him with KJK or not isn’t the point. Hopefully “fans” respect SJH’s words, and they finally and fully support KG. Our precious squid deserves it. 

I can already see cheers of "Chinese New Year has come early" in the Weibo SA forum before visiting. This is SJH taking another step towards public announcement by severing any remaining vines binding her feet.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, sofiemarz said:

Okay, i haven't watch the ep yet, so i wont judge. But base on the clips that i saw in ig, i can't see no rejection at all.

Okay, i was talking to my friend (coshipper) just n0w and she said, i quote "At this point, what else can JK react to their tease? Of course he had to act shy and blush and asked them to stop. Just like how we use to do when someone teased us. But then, I'm sure we got flutter too!"  It's like when our friends teases us with our crush, we become shy and we tell them to stop. I remember i threatened by friends i'll hit them if they continue to tease me. We have seen jk being like that all the time. But the catch here is, if there's nothing going on why not deny? He can tell them to stop and justify himself.

I agree! Especially if you think back and compare his reaction when they tease him of his 2018 loveline during the SBS awards, he kept shaking his head and hands, biting his lips and teeth etc. , I would take this episode's embarassed shy reaction any day!

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, tiglon said:

So look on the bright side, at least it's better than if one of them is pushed into another loveline ... At least an "official" SA loveline with satisfy SBS, repel other possible suitors, prepare the public for SA, and help rectify their mindset after the public's imagination was captured by last year's other loveline.

This is a great point, and thank you so much for making it. Obviously, we would all prefer that SA make it official, date, get married, and have twenty babies, like yesterday, LOL. But, since we won’t get our wish until SA are ready, this is the best thing right now. Personally, I would rather see SA being partners onscreen every week, than watch KJK in another loveline. Also, do shippers want to keep playing detectives for the next year or so, or do they want to see where SA take us by openly interacting with each other as “lovers?” I know what I’m going to choose. SJH taking control changes the game. KJK wants a girl to make the first move. Well, dude, the strongest girl just did. Good luck resisting! :D 

• Like 10

Like most of you guys, I didn't watch the subbed episode yet but I think this is the natural flow of things. At least, I was expecting SA to be labelled as a loveline. Because after all that teasing during episode 436, don't tell me fans were expecting members/PDs to label KJK and SJH as a real life couple? Basically, if SA were referred to as the "real thing", what would happen next? Annouce their relationship? Continue filming while everyone knows their real equation? Treat each other as friends or lovers? Ofc NOT! 

So the most natural thing to do is to let koreans get used to the idea of a possible romance between the two of them, be it a loveline or whatever. Just like YJS told HAHA in the opening, "take it easy, it's difficult for SJH to be in a second loveline". How can YJS refer to KJK and SJH's equation if not labelling it as a loveline: "take it easy, it's difficult for SJH to be in a real relationship in front of cameras"??? I think everyone is still bitter toward the word loveline because loveline means a "fake" relationship so deep down we think that turning SA into a loveline would mean that they are a fake couple. However we forgot that many lovelines/TV relationships turned out to be a successful pairing. That's why fans still hold hopes when they watch lovelines on TVs. Even though they know that it's a loveline they still hope that their couple would turn up into a real relationship. 

We are discussing things but we are majorly taking our opinions into consideration without thinking about KJK, SJH and the other RM members's view on this matter. I believe that turning SA into a loveline has been discussed with SA themselves, the PDs and the other RM members before serving it to the viewers. Everyone knows that taking this step is not a baby's play. It can cause more harms than gains to KJK, SJH and RM. Like you guys mentioned above, SJH would be the biggest loser since she has been part of one of the most loved lovelines in SK so it would be burdensome for her to get into another loveline on the same show. If it was on another variety show, this problem wouldn't even impose but we are talking about RM here. KJK was in a successful loveline with HJY on RM but got the awrad as a MUD couple while all the interactions they had was on RM. So I don't see any need for RM PDs to push for SA as a loveline. If they really want to spike things up, they would have made HJY as a permanent member on RM and continue with the loveline to their heart's content. So any rational person would ask "then, why take the risky and non certain choice?". Is it for ratings? I don't think so, because the sad truth is that RM has been done for since long ago, they tried everything but the ratings wouldn't budge. So if not for ratings, then for what purpose are they linking SA?  ;) 

I deeply believe that SA had plans to announce their relationship during 2018 but for many reasons, their plans got delayed/pushed to 2019. I remember when SJH was a guest for MUD, she said that they discussed a lot about whether KJK had to join the show or not. Any "sane" person would think that KJK is the most suited/eligible male celebrity to be part of MUD, so why would a "single" man like KJK hesitate before joining a successful show with an average ratings as 20% ??? The only rational reason I could think of is that he is in a committed relationship and that he had plans to get married in 2018 so he didn't know if joining MUD would bring him criticism if he stays only for a single year on the show, so basically he knew that joining MUD will delay his marriage plans for like 2 years (2018 & 2019). As a kind of "confirmation" to that is KJK's mom's answer to SJH's words, she told her that she thought her son wasn't qualified to be part of the show(MUD), so if we think more about her words, it basically means that KJK was not qualified to be part of MUD because only single men who can't get married despite their successful career can join the show. In KJK's case, he is successful, he is not married so he basically fills all of the requirements to join the show. So is the "being single" condition not fulfilled??

The naughty look on KJK mom's face and the shy SJH tells it all.   

Back to today's episode, I 'm not sure but when they said that KJK is an easy man who can get fluttered easily, I liked how SJH defended him by saying "if he was easily fluttered he would have been married long ago". So YJS told her to flutter him/marry him?? (it's a guess I'm not sure). But I really think that SJH was fed up with HAHA's repetitive statement that KJK is an easy man who can easily get seduced if you hit on him three times. So maybe SJH took this opportunity to make things clear once and for all. Even the caption was "Is she defending him now" ? 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

wow reading the soompi article about today's episode and I'm amazed at how jihyo and jongkook have become masters of avoiding making any official statements lol 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1301212wpp/running-man-cast-teases-song-ji-hyo-and-kim-jong-kook-with-mentions-of-gary

1) When the members were teasing them in the beginning JK's responds (according to the article):

“Isn’t it an obvious thing to take good care of your partner if you’re teamed up with them? Why do you guys say something whenever I do something?” and HaHa called him a tsundere. The cast then suggested that Kim Jong Kook might be behaving this way because he’s shy, while Lee Kwang Soo happily shouted for the “couple” to hold hands.

So, he doesn't even trying making an official denial but instead explains why he was taking care of her? hmm....;)

2) When Haha asked Jihyo “Did your heart flutter with Gary in the past or does it flutter now?” she responds:

“Who’s Kang Gary? Gary left. Why have feelings of attachment to someone who left?”

Never answering if JK makes her heart flutter. I also love that JK's smile was so obvious after she said that that they even mentioned it in the article. lol

For those who hate that Jihyo and Jongkook are being labeled a "loveline", while I agree, I also agree with what everyone here has said. It's impossible for them to be marked as anything else until they announce. I think we just have to remember that there are  1036 pages on this forum of skinship between them long before RM started to make them a "loveline".

• Like 12