[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ancientkitty

MayS said: 3aZ4ral.jpg Found the pictures of our OTP latest lovey dovey place on instagram. Indeed a beautiful place and romantic. I wish I can go there with my hubby someday

Guest safiresea

GOOD MORNING MY PEOPLE :)
So, MLFAS is the VERY FIRST thing I think of as I open my eyes and I have more food for thoughts to put out there :) ....and the first song I hear on replay is DMJ serenading CSY
Observation 1:
If I'm not mistaken, I see something brewing still and that our climax has not yet reach it's max.  JK looks too comfortable behind bars, there's an uneasy feeling about it.  When the camera was on his face, I feel as if his mind is furiously plotting something.  Though at this point I don't know how he will escape his situation but I feel that it's a strong possibility.  And did everyone forgot about the spoiler we got of Semi and JK at a cafe together?  Either they decide to delete that scene or I'm thinking it's coming up soon.  I might be one of the few that did NOT forget about Semi (although I think it's hard for everyone to think about anything beside our OTP).  I would like to think Semi crucial moment to shine might be coming up.  She might end up having to save HK's life and perhaps endanger her own (or die in his arms).  I see a possible extremely poignant wrap up with Semi & HK....and I don't think it's far fetch to say Semi will do anything in her power to safeguard her love.  Please don't let her die though, HK has gone though enough as it is, he doesn't need more angst and tears...just enough to realize how much she means to him and to realize how vast her love for him is and perhaps, just perhaps can win his heart like he had never been able to do with SY.  I think it'll do them both justice for two one-sided torches that's been burning for way too long.
Observation 2:  
I think MJ has been changing, (his plant indicate this, and so is his body) his alien self has gradually assimilate to become human but not quite reaching there yet.  He still have a crucial step to take, he's still holding on to the part of his alien self and haven't completely let love in yet (as much as he love SY, he still couldn't admit it out loud and be able to pour his heart out without any reservation just as she had done in episode 19).  I believe this is may be the last step he need to let go of his old self his old "chi" and truly be "human".  I think that won't come until the most heartbreaking of moments...maybe he had to kill JK (thereby explaining to us why he shouldn't/couldn't kill, perhaps his alien friends is beaming him up and away, perhaps he's dispersing in the wind for lack of "yang/yang", perhaps it tied back to the Joseong time when he couldn't save the first girl, this time around he's going to use all his love to save SY...and this might be that one missing element that can actually save him instead.  I'm still waiting for the mixing of blood explanation and I think it would tie in well with the climax as someone will need blood transfusion, etc.  I really, really do hope they tie SY back to the original girl because to me, this is what the show's been about....it's his Fate to meet her and his Destiny to be with her....no matter that it took 400+ years to get there....true love have no time barriers, what was meant to be will always find a way back to it's original home.  I could see that moment when he know all is lost, when he's disappearing, the heartfelt-gut-wrenching love confession that would make us all die of of tears and heartache............that will be his savior!  (if that's the case, then no long years separation needed! YEAH!)

Observation 3:  
The writer to this show is a woman.  Don't forget that guys.  She understand how a woman feels, she's writing this love story for all of us.  I don't see why would she break her own heart and ours so I'm sold and convinced on a happy ending.  Now, the true question is to what varying degrees will this happiness be?  From a scale of 1-10....would we get the climax up to the last few minutes run for happiness like in the case of QIHM and we get a beautiful reuniting kiss just as we thought all hope was lost? (scale of 1)...........or would we get a beautiful heartfelt, grand wedding, with MJ looking choked up, loving, and proud as the breathtakingly beautiful SY walk down the isle in her stunning white gown, and we finally get to hear the most romantics words coming out of MJ's mouth, with choked up promise of forever love, of a normal life together, of being by her side forevermore, and tears of happiness (scale of 4)..........or would we get to peak into their beautiful life together, chasing the kids around using their little power for mischief, and seeing how changed MJ become, how happy and unguarded, and with them in bed, holding each other once again, fulfilling the life we all want so much for them (scale of 7).........or will we see them old and aging, rocking on the porch, watching the stars holding each others hands still, in utter peace, quiet together like there' nothing out in the world but them as we view the background inside the house we see hectic crazy interaction of their older kids, grand kids, cats, dogs running amok everywhere...that this is a testimony, a legend of their remaining love long after they are gone (scale of 10).
Possible Answer to Korean Acting Industry:
So I hear some questions about why a great lead won't act together again.  And here's my attempt at answering that question, especially to @Bambiina ...I'm not Korean nor do I know much about the society and how the Entertainment Industry work.  What I can say is an observation as an an Asian person (Vietnam is not that far from Korea eh?)...and I've meet some Koreans while studying in Singapore for a semester, and this is what I can conclude.  Asian's, in general is a reserve group of people....showing love, emotion, affection, is a big thing, bigger still if it's being display in public.  When you put two people on screen to act out all these scenes, it's like in their eyes they have "linked" them together.  In order to separate that from real life, doing more than one loving movies together almost pretty much solidify that there's something more than meets the eye and become potentially "scandalous" and may adversely affect their real life.  A better way to describe this is like....when in the olden times of England, a couple don't dance together more than once or twice in the same night, if they do they risk the gossip of inadvertently being linked together in a romantic way.  Asian sentimentality in regards to relationship is still somewhat old fashion like that.  I hope that helped a little bit?  Yes, I would be extremely surprise if JJH & KSH do a romantic project together again...it would be too much as it is, that they were in Thieves with those kiss, then a whole show dedicated to their character's love, on top of which she's married?  No, I really don't see any way they can work together again...........but I can always hope for some CF??? yes??  Let's all dream together....

Guest kaylaluvbinnie

Oh I am BEYOND the star obsessed with this drama!! This drama is just so perfect! Yes, I said perfect! I just hope it stays perfect at the rate it's going now and not give us the famous saying 'too good to be true' with a horrible, open for discussion ending.

What this drama has: total sexy appeal by KSH and JJH, fashion statement, comedy, sadness, lots of romance between the OTP, and last but not least the chemistry between KSH and JJH is sky high, out of this comet!!!!!!

After each episode, it gives me the feeling of satisfaction. Even though the ending stops at a major cliffhanger, it still gives me hope that the next episode will be just as satisfying because so far the writer has given us everything we wanted. So far we got everything we wished for on our bucket list, kisses, multiple bed scenes, romantic conversation, sweet embraces, the list goes on. All of this in the mixture of still receving funny quotes and gestures from the supporting cast members.

Why do I feel this drama will a happy ending??

1. Bokja still has to find out who is the mysterious man SY is so in love with. She will probably hate SY even more once she discovered MJ is the man. I'm looking forward to Bokja's reaction when she finds out. I'm sure it will be priceless! Considering the fact that SY is always surrounded by so many eye candies LMAO

2. The bromance between YJ and MJ. I would hate for their cute relationship to end just like that! I mean YJ is practically in love with MJ, heck, he might even be more obsessed with MJ than his own sister, SY.

3. The father and son relationship between Lawyer Jang. If SY and MJ deserves a happy ending, so does Lawyer Jang and MJ. They have had a committed, trustworthy relationship for years before SY came into the picture. Lawyer Jang deserves happiness as well to see MJ being able to be fully happy being with the woman he loves and to also still be alive at the same time. I would love to see them continue to play their chess game through the years to come. What a sweet relationship they have.

4. Last but not least, it would be obsolutely CRAZY for the writer to screw up the ending. This drama has been top notch on top of its game since episode one, the ratings are sky high and the popularity of this drama is beyond South Korea. I have trust that the writer and crew knows what massive of a masterpiece they have in their hands and will give us the ultimate, romantic ending ever! For those of you who wants a logical ending, just go ahead and throw that thought out of your head. For one, an alien coming to earth, falling in love with a human is already the start of a non logical drama. So dear writer, I don't care what ending you give us, logical or non logical, we just want to see MJ and SY together, making their seven kids.

MJ not only gained the love of his life, but he also gained siblings, a brother in YJ and a father in Lawyer Jang.

Now lets all hold hands and embrace each other becaues what is more sad is the fact that this drama is coming to an end. *tears*

Guest jcon1208

ancientkitty said: I can't wait how all of this will resolve in itself. I am still really scared for SY and HK most especially since the brother seems to be plotting something still while he is in jail. There is absolutely no look of remorse or glimmer of guilt in his eyes. I can say Shin Sung Rok played his role very well.
Wow, this drama will churn out future superstars! I have my eye on almost everyone here and will be rooting for them for the next projects to come.
Ohhh, and someone posted this in the comments section of dramabeans:

Why did they zoom out this scene? LOOK AT THAT KISS! *faints*
This noona is spazzing from so much feels in this episode! 

Omomomo, what if on episode 20, DMJ said,  "CSY, before I leave, I want to do the most selfish thing to you that I've never done to anyone. Let's spend tonight in each other's arms and forget abt the world. Let's be one like the tree we saw this afternoon. Let me be by your side."  And then he kiss her and teleport them to their bedroom. Well, you can fill in the blanks with whatever happened next...   =))
Flipping my hair like a boss and going back to Gutterland...   =))

lmfao KSH "ouch" face is precious :))
tumblr_n1cbpeOHiJ1qcqgpbo1_250.giftumblr_n1cbpeOHiJ1qcqgpbo2_250.gif
tumblr_n1cbpeOHiJ1qcqgpbo3_500.gif
Song Yi isn’t the first one who tried to pinched our precious alien’s cheek.
cr: http://ychns.tumblr.com/post/77367508614/song-yi-isnt-the-first-one-who-tried-to-pinched
still crying after the n-th time re-watching ep 19 :(( :((

Guest jcon1208

junkietiger14 said: I just can't keep up with this fast moving thread. I am very behind. So I may be repeating some thing. From watching ep 19, here's what I noted - 1) SY - it would be much easier on her if he just kisses her in bed. Then she doesn't have to half drag him from wherever they are to bed for him to recover. The scenary may not be as romantic but it could be more romantic for other reasons.

Guest aidsincera

Dear PD-nim/Writer-nim/SPY-nim...

You can't give us a bed scene?! OK. Fine!
But please, let them have a happy ending with a beautiful wedding scene and French Kiss!!
Is that too much to ask, PD-nim/Writer-nim?
You know I cared about your health, right?

*spins nail ring.. slowly* B-)

PS: And this time, let the cameramen do ZOOM IN the french kiss!! Thank you.

Archived