[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - great minds think alike. :) I thought of the good rapport between Kate and Leo as a comparison point here too - cool that someone mentioned it. I remember her golden globes speech that year. Anyways, I thought of it not because I think these two actors are like them but the nice friendship is more what if was thinking. I find JJH and KSH have a nice big sis-kid brother friendship. Really cute and sweet. While I love SY and DMJ, I know pretty much nothing about them personally. So I know that what happens onscreen rarely translates in real life, nor do I want it too. This is by far my favorite JJH character. KSH - well, I think he draws out all his character so this is just one of my favorites. Too hard to pick with him. DMJ is quite an oddity in a sea of recycled kdrama characters. So I like him for that. I am actually going to sad that I won't be seeing them grace my screen every week since I don't have time to follow actors activities - only watching dramas. May the characters stay alive in viewers hearts for years to come and may new viewers be moved by them for years to come. This is a lofty comparison but, I loved Sound of Music and Mary Poppins as a kid. Now my kids love it too. :) they are too young for kdramas but maybe one day. :)

Guest aidsincera

xilikemangos said: aidsincera said:
When I saw this scene; Do Min Joon-ssi was mirroring Song Yi's body language by put one hand under the chin .. it's brilliant acting performance!
Mirroring gesture is simply means relax, comfortable, open up or love.
Mirroring is common in psychology of behavior. One person copies another person by body language or speech. It's often among lovers/couple, best friend or family.

Well done, Star! Well done!
:)

@MayS Unnie, i found another romantic song for DMJ- SY 

Two People- by Sung Si Kyung
http://youtu.be/uSQlYTSMpsA

Ah thank you @MellaN :* Actually I love Sung Si Kyung voice. Every song by him always sounds romantic. Thank again ^^ *hug @MellaN*

Might be off topic but read a few pages back of the account stating that the team is filming in Paju.

Me and my sister are planning to visit Korea on our own this year, and we made Namsan Tower and Jangsangdo a must to go. Then I added one more place into the itinerary, Heyri Art Valley in Paju. Then the fan account come out. :-O is the set director reading my mind? Well, filming might not take place in the art valley but it's still Paju lololol 8->

class="titleNews"Top 10 Moments of You Who Came From the Stars: Episode 18

56169865.jpg

This was such a cute episode with both romance and bromance headed Do Min Joon’s way.

Episode 18 also got us moving along towards a conclusion with evidence of Lee Jae Kyung’s wrongdoing coming into light.

But we pushed the seriousness aside and chose the lovey dovey and hilarious moments, so check it out!

Read more >> http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/59159/top-moments-of-youwhocamefromthestars-18

Guest lilaznstarx

has everyone seen this yet? Its Kim Soo Hyun's Esquire Making Film.
all i can think about is how tired he must be filming the drama & his CFs/photoshoots as well ><

anyways ... i kept thinking about that tree they saw on that island that was intertwined. i think they will be like those trees.... two species intertwined together & growing old together. I think the writer is really smart & she mentioned to give us clues, not just to tug at our heartstrings. 
anyways ... anyone has an audio file of what MJ sang to SY? i tried to convert it myself but keep failing ><

Btw, Minjoon is right about boys. They are really noisy, then again... girls get cray cray too. I come from a family of 7 ( WHAT! DMJ approved our family size =)) ) and while growing up, I can testify that me and my sisters did all sort of things that my dad will be holding his forehead in frustration just like DMJ... hahaha then again, now the 5 y.o. maknae boy is bursting energy and naughtiness that his 6 sisters are holding their forehead in frustration! ~X( %-( #:-S :))

Guest safiresea

@swingbaby  don't let the secret out!!!! *sigh* ok, you got me....I'm the next actress that's going to be working with him on our next movie  ;;) ....I'm also the one that's gonna be penning the script.  KSH, be scared....be really, really scared  :ar! ;;) :x =P~ 8-> my byeontae mind is soooo going to go places.  I'm challenging your kissing skills KSH, yeah I said it....now what are you gonna do about it!?!?!?
dongsaeng @aidsincera  yes, he will time freeze to get out of there and teleport to lawyer Jang's house to have some drinks!!! and he will be like "WAHHHHH, what was I THINKING?!?!?!" @-) 8-} :-O #:-S

hmhas said: what if the writer made HK a pure, kind, lovable, pitiful character so that she could make him the end game without us getting mad because we love him and all lmaaao. birth of a troll writer.

class="headline"'Love from Star’ Kim Soo Hyun’s Spring Look Revealed

n7ru7h8lm4n4oksp30wh9fh25700ekes.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] Male fashion brand ZIOZIA released S/S pictorials of its brand muse Kim Soo Hyun.
The 2014 S/S collection pictorials of male clothing brand ZIOZIA were unveiled this morning. As current top star Kim Soo Hyun is modelling for the brand, he put on several pieces of the collection in pictorials.

8bvijadmoxs7l55kjmsiabvdcnkr70w5.jpg

According to an associate in ZIOZIA, these clothes were worn by Kim Soo Hyun in SBS’ hit series ‘Love from Star’ since the brand is supporting his styling in the drama. After the shooting was finished, Kim received claps from the brand’s staffs as his poses and expressions in those clothes reminded of scenes in ‘Love from Star.’
Spring collection is now available in stores and an interview with Kim Soo Hyun can also be seen on the official webpage of ZIOZIA. (photo by ZIOZIA)
For more: bntnews.co.ukcontact: news@bntnews.co.uk

http://ph.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/love-from-star-kim-soo-hyun-s-spring-073034657.html

The status of my wish list for YWCFTS's love story:

1/ French Kiss: DONE

2/ Cheek Kiss: DONE

3/ Forehead Kiss: DONE

4/ Passionate Kiss: DONE

5/ Back Hug: DONE

6/ Front Hug: DONE

7/ Saying "Saranghae": DONE

8/ Romantic Proposal: DONE

9/ Bed Scene: DONE (they lay in the bed together)

10/ Hot Scene: ONGOING

11/ Pregnant: ONGOING

12/ Alien Baby: ONGOING

#Writernim_I_Trust_U

#Happy_Ending_For_My_Wish_List

@safiresea LoL about Do Min Joon don't wanna share Song Yi with other man... actually that jealousy came out from my hubby too. Having 3 boys and breastfeed all of them were no joke. There's no lovey dovey time with him. Getting tired with the boys already. LOL :D

And laboring is not a joke. The most painful work ever. I won't say YES for 7 children if my husband ask me to. Or if that 7 children born 3 times (2 triplets) I might concidering it.

Look at me off topic babbling about my self. Sawry... :P

suney said: The status of my wish list for YWCFTS's love story: 1/ French Kiss: DONE 2/ Cheek Kiss: DONE 3/ Forehead Kiss: DONE 4/ Passionate Kiss: DONE 5/ Back Hug: DONE 6/ Front Hug: DONE 7/ Saying "Saranghae": DONE 8/ Romantic Proposal: DONE 9/ Bed Scene: DONE (they lay in the bed together) 10/ Hot Scene: ONGOING 11/ Pregnant: ONGOING 12/ Alien Baby: ONGOING #Writernim_I_Trust_U #Happy_Ending_For_My_Wish_List

Just to add my two cents two those who love JJH and KSH and wish they were a couple in real life.  
Like some other posters have mentioned, these two people are professional actors.  Are they in love when they are filming the scene?  Yes they are.  They are completely immersed in the role otherwise you would not see scenes the way they are portrayed on screen  But being professionals, they can turn that character on and off in a flick of a finger.  And that takes practice after years of acting.  Especially for JJH who has been acting for such a long time.  Have never heard of her before until this drama but she is one excellent Korean actress.  You can see that in the myriad emotions she can display in one scene.
But then you hear of characters in a movie that really fall in love after being together in a film.  Classic example is Twilight's main characters KS and RP.  I read an interview with the director who did their casting audition to check for their chemistry and they said that their scene together was "too hot" to handle. LOL.So being fully immersed in their roles did spill over to their real lives.  But then these 2 people were single so  I guess they did not have to flick that switch off. 
As much as I love the characters DMJ and CSY, I wouldn't want them to be together in real life;  JJH is married so she knows her boundaries.  Acting is a craft for her, one that she excels in.  And I'm sure that KSH respects that too.
But as long as I watch this drama that I love very much,  I do "ship" this two together and enjoy them to my heart's content. To me they are DMJ and CSY, my guilty pleasure.  It is my fantasy land where they are together and as far as I am concerned, they deserve to be together forever.  What they do in their real lives, I could not care less.  
Having said that, I believe that this director and writer will not disappoint us with some mediocre ending as the show has been excellent so far without resorting to unbelievable story lines and plots. It is a classic love story with universal appeal but with a unique twist and superb acting from all the characters.  In other words, everything that a good drama should be.

Archived