[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

:-B as I mentioned before I swore I'd never watch a drama longer than 20 eps...but after watching the first two eps I was reeled in by the Leads... And actually the fast pace of events kept this drama interesting. I am surprised that this thread isn't moving as fast, but then again I think many might feel the same way I do that Avoiding long drown out dramas that go nowhere and end dreadfully saves ones sanity. (Keke). Hoping EK will be different. My plan is to patiently watch EK only subbed...haven't watched eps 3-4 because Hulu takes at least a week to post dramas with subs. :( on the bright side long dramas go on forever so it's easy to wait for subs....Thx for recaps, pics and info.

JCW's acting is beyond intense here! How he looks so regal and proud all of a sudden, no longer the scared young prince who used to play the fool to save his own skin. And all he needed was a few moments with SN! Just imagine what a great man he can become with her by his side!8pyn17v.png1jrKPqB.png
He asks WY for SN! This boy doesn't hesitate when he wants something! And that swoonworthy looks he gives her!Fjk4bXL.jpgJdXSrBW.jpg
Source: as tagged

Today it was my turn for sluggish internetz, so I barely watched live this morning.  Just gonna wait for the usual suspect to torrent this bad boy. :)

You knew Tal-tal would survive the torture back in Yuan (ha!) so Jin Yi-han updated his Twitter earlier today with an on-set shot, captioned "춥다...ㅜㅜ" (Cold... *tears*).  The cast and crew are currently working in anywhere from 5º-8º temps, so everyone send them warm thoughts for the next few weeks! :X

BYSqwcUCEAA8ah4_zps1cc3e880.jpg
(Credit: @YiHan_Jin Twitter)

The one thing I'm dying to see is what happens when they find out Ki is a SHE.  :))  Which one of them will find out first? I think at this point, Huizong will be the most angry and embarrassed/humiliated since she's not only helped him pee, she's been thisclose to him while he's bathing. Died laughing when he stood up in the tub and she turned around.  :D   =))

@briseis  - Thanks once more for posting the clips, you're awesome.  ^:)^