[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

anjshin said: @bluedora: as far as i can see it you love TH very much. No offense but i think TH did those things not for his countrymen but obviously being preoccupied by SN and his jealousy. Killing or should i say plotting or being the mastermind to a death of one's person is not acceptable at any manner, repeating what already happened in the past will not solve anything but a chance to do the cycle again. i also waited for him to come out of his shell but unfortunately all i can see is revenge, to kill El temur and put all the blame to WY so he can take away SN. as this goes politics will be like this, and they are all in it. :)

anjshin

said: @bluedora: as far as i can see it you love TH very much. No offense but i think TH did those things not for his countrymen but obviously being preoccupied by SN and his jealousy. Killing or should i say plotting or being the mastermind to a death of one's person is not acceptable at any manner, repeating what already happened in the past will not solve anything but a chance to do the cycle again. i also waited for him to come out of his shell but unfortunately all i can see is revenge, to kill El temur and put all the blame to WY so he can take away SN. as this goes politics will be like this, and they are all in it.

:)

@petria - About your comment to @stclaus at page 482 regarding half-naked scene of women, men or eunuchs - they showed you one indeed - thanks to Jeok Ho (Ho Ho Ho!), but I guess you didn't puke because his identity was revealed. Wonder why it has to be in a bath scene? Why didn't they just use the windy weather so his wig will fly away, and his bald head could be seen. Hee. 
@minnie0103 - Does that mean Seung Nyang will save Wang Yoo's skin literally? Hmm.. (about your image poster of SN's first preview cut, page 491) Now I am thinking what's this 'skin' Tae Hwan talked about. Lol.
@mittin - With your comment at page 495 regarding Tae Hwan's change of colors (attitude), I wonder if it is somehow related to his change of Emperor's robe? Does that mean that by the change of clothes, attitudes change too? Lol. 
@Katrina Abdul Talib - As far as I know, there's actually rules when you should pronounce it as a 'k' or a 'g'. You pronounce it as a 'k' if it is at the start and at the end of the word/between a 'k' and a 'g'. If it's vowel + k/g + vowel, it is pronounced as 'g'. When they occur between two voiced sounds, it is also pronounced as 'g'. Hope the little information I know helped you a bit.
@larabn - Thanks for recapping the scenes. We owe you a lot. Kkk~ 
Just finished reading all your posts after I've watched the raw episode, and I am really glad that this episode didn't disappoint us. In fact this episode made us want to see more and more of their scenes. Tae Hwan and Wang Yoo's different approach when it comes to all the aspects of live can easily be distinguished, yet the meanings of their doings aren't clear to each other, so they always end up being against each other. Wonder when these two will join force even for a while to build a powerful Empire. 
Anyhow, just a thought in regards to El Temur's death, I am uncertain between his 'reel' and 'real' death. 
For 'reel' - He could have actually have been reminded as how Tae Hwan was brought back to Yuan as a corpse. I think he might use this in the future and say it's a mandate of heaven, or whatsoever. If he dies right away, then, what's the significance of having the blood vow, the Eunuch Jeok Ho, and the acting-crazy Lady Noh? If it's purpose is to cease his powers, then it's too ironic that he'll just die like that. Maybe he took a 'tonic' before he drank the poison/before he went to the majestic meeting for he already had a hunch about something when he talked to Baek Ahn and Tal Tal.
For 'real' - If he really dies, then all will turn into chaos. And finding the blood vow could actually be the reason why the person who will be able to find will have an easy way up to his/her position. If he dies, then there'll be the explanation to the plot where Dangkise and Tanashiri (without her knowledge) will be plotted for conspiracy, and will eventually be eliminated.
Also, the main reason as to why I'm confused is this one - when Dangkise was measuring/fixing the coffin - his face was so calm and he was quiet. If it's for reel, then it's understandable why he didn't give any reactions at all. If it's for real, I guess his reaction was like that because he was reminded of his father's words - that he should not let people see his weakness, especially in front of him. 

Guest anjshin

s.

Sorry but I dont love "TH" ( lol) but I look at the bigger picture instead of the pettiness of how others view or think of his action.  My post is what I see in the change of TH as a King and the logic of why he was use WY as the escapegoat. We have people calling him cowards when he couldn't do anything for himself and wish he will man up, but then the minute he does go to prove his wit he gets backlash for being underhanded, very contradicting. These are characters and I'm not flawing over any of them, but as a mature adult I know enough not to judge a character base on my idolization for another. I'm simply stating how I can view his actions is that of a KING and not that of a lovesick idiot whom stage the setup over jealousy.  It take more to be a King that than that of a man is all I'm saying.  I don't take any offense in your post and I'm totally fine with others not agreeing to what I say or believe :D.

@bluedora: as with due respect to you, i'm far more watching the characters objectively from what the writers are portraying them and had been open to insights of everybody. they are not perfect at any cost but there are certain situations that they must act accordingly. lol. you don't love TH? hahaha

=))

As you guys can tell, I am more into the story and the love interest between SN- TH and SN- WY

Wang Yoo: Do you want to be my Queen?
<--- I surely do like a man that respect his lady. I like how WY asked SN this question. He wasn't forcing SN to be is Queen or Commanding SN to be his queen. it shows the respect and kindness they have for each other.

Seung-nyang: If you’re doing this because of me, then you’re a coward <--- I hope TH will change the way he is ruling or trying to change himself into being a man since he is a boy (although he is still a boy). Yes, if someone i like tell me this, i will be sad and angry but i will also thing about my approach and what i am doing. I noticed that this isn't the first time SN is saying TH is a coward... (mhmm... we don't want SN to have a coward as a husband... No NO NO nO way!!!)

Ta-hwan: What should I do? There’s not much time left..Wang Yoo, I will surely take Seung-nyang away from you <---I wonder what TH meant by this when he said there's not much time left. Time for what?? is it time to quickly end SN and WY relationship from getting deeper or what?? Yes we know you really like SN, but to me i still don't get why you want to take SN from WY? doesn't TH know that WY might also need SN as he does??

Question: From the day one, why has TH always want to take WY stuff... WY saved TH but i am not seeing that been repay for his kindness. I did not see any remorse of gratitude from TH to WY for saving his life and giving him someone to look after him (SN) and to make him smile and happy and to teach him and also to challenge his knowledge.

@bluedora : sorry but I don't agree with you. let me just put it simply : if WY was out of the picture & SN gladly accepted to be with TH, do you think, according to what we've seen in the last 18 episodes, that TH would have cared or even thought of getting rid of ET? I honestly don't think sowhat motivated TH's last bold actions was obviously his desperate feelings for SN and his desire to possess her. he only knew about the poison trick because he resented WY and wanted to keep an eye on him. he took advantage of that information (the poison trick) only because he could get rid of ET and WYthere isn't one instance where TH talks about his people and his nation, it might come later but for now it's obviously not on top of his priorities
this doesn't mean we're hating on TH and that we wanna give him a bad image at all costs. we're just stating what's laid before our eyes as viewers and trying to understand his character

anjshin said: s.

anjshin

said: @bluedora: as far as i can see it you love TH very much. No offense but i think TH did those things not for his countrymen but obviously being preoccupied by SN and his jealousy. Killing or should i say plotting or being the mastermind to a death of one's person is not acceptable at any manner, repeating what already happened in the past will not solve anything but a chance to do the cycle again. i also waited for him to come out of his shell but unfortunately all i can see is revenge, to kill El temur and put all the blame to WY so he can take away SN. as this goes politics will be like this, and they are all in it.

:)

@bluedoraI like your cool and accurate analysis of Ta Hwan's actions,but I think it will be available over some time,when TaHwan really become emperor Huyzong and gain understanding from personal experience ..in other words when he grows up ...right now he is a little angry puppywho wants to bite the man who upset him even if he has no teeth ..without the big dogs Bayan and Tal Tal he makes only noises.
in this very moment TaHwan only wants Seung Nyang back.after finding out how upset she is because of him I don't think he has the courage to make other mistake  and  lose her forever.I don't think he wanted to poison  El Terror just to blame Wang Yoo and so get rid of him.I think that's poisoning of ElTemur is due exclusively to pair B-TT ... for their reasons only. it matched by chance what  TaHwan wants.
;)) EDIT : wrong again image  

Guest anjshin

bluedora said:   My post is not directed at you or anyone in particular  but if you are reading it as if is, nothing I can do about it....sigh... I don't see a need to explain myself and no one else  needs to explain themselves neither. Either way, we both have different opinions, and there is no harm to that. :D Being open minded to others differences is what keeps world peace :)>-

@petria, nicely done on identification of TH.... but you said "He perceives Wang Yoo as his personal and political enemy. He wants to get rid of him. Sounds rational. Wang Yoo would have done the same if Ta Hwan was in the middle of his way" I am not trying to defend anybody here but just going through it as it was shown to us. TH has always been in the way for WY since they first met. Because of TH lie to save himself and to protect his position of being a King, he made WY loose his own home, his position as a king and his wife aka SN. and WY has always beeing protecting him since he was in WY kingdom

When TH was asked who tried to kill him that he lied that it was SN father,and all the stuff he has done... That took Everything away from WY. he was even a criminal. So tell me, How did WY become TH enemy?? I understand how politically based on one want to rule the other own kingdom in making it become one name.

Guest anjshin

petria said: Identification of Ta Hwan`s fighting aggression and evil is too simplifying.
He perceives Wang Yoo as his personal and political enemy. He wants to get rid of him. Sounds rational.
Wang Yoo would have done the same if Ta Hwan was in the middle of his way.

Also, we are too sever when it comes to his desperate attempts to kiss Sung Nyang.
Those attempts don`t make him rapist, he isn`t Ki See. Remember the bedroom scene when they both were drunk.

As for his probable malicious moves in the future: they won`t necessary be expression of his rotten character and selfishness.
Othello killed Desdemona and we don`t call that "story about sick person who strangled his wife because of stupid and blind jealousy", but we call it "the greatest love tragedy of all times".

And I am not defending Ta Hwan here, but I`m trying to follow and understand the integrity of the story.
And I'm all serious, @ajnshin, please don`t laugh. [-O<

WOW E19, for sure, was surprising, I know that TH is childish, crybaby, possessive man LOOOL but there were an ounce of maturity in him like how he didn't want to kiss her when she'd passed out but here he just lost his mind, his attempt to kiss her (2x :D :D) was so Dang Ki Seishhh, for moment i thought it was him hahah (maybe 'cause of the eyeliner, it was just too much on him, i couldn't concentrate, i was looking at his eyes all the time [-( )

You don't know how i'm happy that our Old SN is back and now that WY knows that she terribly wants to get involved on it, i'm in heaven :D

TH is coming to the dark side guyyyys, not for the good reasons :D, he will never man up, but I kind of love his devilish stare hahahah, it changes from his childish stare, but i'm scared of how things will turn out, Wr-nim, it was like just 1 episode that SN was happy and you want to separate her from him already  >:/

I'm the only one, who was laughing hard when ET was dancing with his swords hahahahaha, i will miss him, i'm sure, but I think that it was too easy, what?? he just switch the poison to put the blame on WY... so he could have done it earlier hahahah

The only thing i was watching in the preview : KISS, KISS, KISS, KISS... ok i'm sure it will be a farewell kiss but... KISS, KISS ,KISS :D :D

And at last but not least, Fan Service of the Day :

111111111111111.jpg

loli said: Question: From the day one, why has TH always want to take WY stuff... WY saved TH but i am not seeing that been repay for his kindness. I did not see any remorse of gratitude from TH to WY for saving his life and giving him someone to look after him (SN) and to make him smile and happy and to teach him and also to challenge his knowledge.

Guest roshan90

I just watched the preview alone (sorry for lying the almost kiss alone) for like a gazillion times to check something (Ok I am lying again because I like it :D) and want to share..

0aDasbe.jpg

This is by far the closest shot and I brightened it up a bit..
Will Wang Yoo hits the Bull's Eye?? :D
(I am lying again the thing I want to say is not this question.. I can look at it whenever I want.. *PervyModeOn*) Hope I dont turn into this..  :^o

@loli i think TH feared that with ET out of the way WY will go back with SN to Goryo and he will loose her....(how would he go back god knows)And yeah,TH maybe doesn't like and hate WY so much because he is the reminder of all the things he doesn't have and his inferiority complex....no one likes a person that reminds u about how small u are and always be compared...From what i saw TH didn't thanked from the heart nor thinks WY is the one who keept him alive,he thanks that to SN...he isin't wrong because she was his saviour, but WY was the one who put his trust on SN to keep him safe,so both are his saviours...WY could have turned the eye and let BY kill him but he didn't, even if it was more because of his own country's safe, the fact doesn't change that WY saved him from a sure death...About liking what WY likes,mmm i don't think his liking for SN has anything with WY liking her,it's the badluck that WY likes the same women as him and she likes him back...well i guess these two sure have bad karma...at the moment WY doesn't see TH as the threat that TH feels for him...as still a young man i think TH is all about himself,his love...i don't think he even thinks about what WY needs...and can i say that i absolutely love his robe's ...CJW looks so good in them,so preety to the eyes
can't wait for the new ost:x :x

@sarah.lina - Lol at El Plague's face. I thought his mouth has blood too because of his stare at Jeok Ho's body, but maybe he realized - that's 'poison'. Lol. 
EDIT: Since he was an eunuch of the late emperor, will there be a chance to see Golta in a bath scene in the future? kkk~

cacazeel said: loli said: Question: From the day one, why has TH always want to take WY stuff... WY saved TH but i am not seeing that been repay for his kindness. I did not see any remorse of gratitude from TH to WY for saving his life and giving him someone to look after him (SN) and to make him smile and happy and to teach him and also to challenge his knowledge.
Maybe because TH knows that WY only saved TH so that goryeo will not be blamed. We do see that they actually did not care about TH's life if it was not for goryeo being threatened. Also, the way WY treated TH when he first came to the goryeo palace-WY pushed him and made it clear to him that he is being forced to save TH. The way WY treated TH is i think also a main reason that TH would not want to be nice to him.Also, lol WY only intended SN to protect TH, he really had not intention in seeing whether TH is smiling or not. That was SN's own doing. So it's not WY's credit lol.(btw, i'm not on any ship so please don't take my comment to be  biased towards TH) :D lol... I am in no ship too. Yes Wy made it clear to him why he saved Th but remember, Th said they should change goryeo name to yuan, if it was me too, i'll be mad. why would i change my own kingdom to some else cause you can't pronounce it or understand it?? smh... poor little TH.

HAhahahha... But you know SN is WY people so whatever she does, i think they both take credit lol... hahahha WY assign Sn to TH lol hahah
Miky88 said: @loli i think TH feared that with ET out of the way WY will go back with SN to Goryo and he will loose her....(how would he go back god knows)And yeah,TH maybe doesn't like and hate WY so much because he is the reminder of all the things he doesn't have and his inferiority complex....no one likes a person that reminds u about how small u are and always be compared...From what i saw TH didn't thanked from the heart nor thinks WY is the one who keept him alive,he thanks that to SN...he isin't wrong because she was his saviour, but WY was the one who put his trust on SN to keep him safe,so both are his saviours...WY could have turned the eye and let BY kill him but he didn't, even if it was more because of his own country's safe, the fact doesn't change that WY saved him from a sure death...About liking what WY likes,mmm i don't think his liking for SN has anything with WY liking her,it's the badluck that WY likes the same women as him and she likes him back...well i guess these two sure have bad karma...at the moment WY doesn't see TH as the threat that TH feels for him...as still a young man i think TH is all about himself,his love...i don't think he even thinks about what WY needs...and can i say that i absolutely love his robe's ...CJW looks so good in them,so preety to the eyes
can't wait for the new ost:x :x lol... hahhaa you know how to bring a laugh to a discussion hahha. Yeah he is. i must say, he is such a pretty guy lol.. Yes me too i can't wait for the new OST