[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest geilbladder

@CherKell kamsamhida Cherkell Gong!! Kamsamhida for sparing me! But if this is the only way for me to meet Paeja, then banish me! I will also wear white revealing dress. :)) =))

Yeah guys just PM me for the link. I tell you, the uploader uploads the raw episode 20-30min after the airing then subs it by part the next morning. I consider him/her as the Flash uploader. :)) seriously this person should be given many praise for his/her effort. I hope not to hear any complaints in the future. :-bd

"Will you be the mother of this nation?" No ta hwan just no, you're suppose to say "will you marry me?" Good thing nyang loves you, otherwise she'd be like no sorry I'm going out with tal tal jk.. But anyways I'd been like hell yah baby I'll be yo wife. Lol

I can't believe we've reach on EK's nearing ending...

Haha next week is the last episodes right...

They put the coronation scene in a latter part.

I'm actually gonna miss these Drama since I've experience all KINDS of EMOTIONS on this Drama really which I haven't encounter my whole life... nyahaha
  OA of me?
:D

I guess Golta will be eliminated horribly... How I really wish that happens.

ED - it's Okay if she'll just be banished in the Palace.

Well TAL TAL - I did not see him in the coronation. I wonder what will happen with him. Can I just have him? lol

:x

WangGoo and the Curly hair is still at the coronation -- I wonder if they will still stay until the end...

And I almost forgot   El Byung Soo is still alive right? Hmm he committed many crimes so I would prefer him to die together with Golta. hehe

>:)

Yeah, the subs are out. the only scene worth listening to with subs  were the one's from TalTal. at least from my point of view. Watching him without subs was pretty mesmerizing. He expressed his dilemma resoundingly on screen. His eyes conveyed the pain he felt for doing such an atrocious act, to his kinsman who treated him like a son. Hats of to you, it was almost like one can feel TalTal's pain coming through on screen.

The writers really had it in for TaHwan/Toghon  huh. Watching the drama without subs was bad enough not knowing what was being said, but with the subs, I am  awestricken and dumbfounded.... Toghon is such an idiot. nothing against the actor, but the character that he plays, just plain sucks!. Tanquishi summed it up in one word ...."pathetic". I mean, seriously?!  after forcing himself on Sungnyang, then believing his regent over the woman whose life and  child he threatened to wipe out, and then had her beaten up in a temple to make her confess her sins? that's like the pot calling the kettle black. If there is anyone who should be beaten up, it should be Toghon so he could come to his senses.  oh well, there's only 1 more episode left to go, 2 if the producers are being kind, therefore Toghon gets off the hook.

I cannot help but admire TalTal's character who was all but ready to accept responsibility for Bayan regent's death. While TalTal is resolved to man up and take blame for Bayan's death, Sungnyang steps up and gathers her courage to face Tahwan's wrath and stands her ground. TalTal watched over Sungnyang through the night while she kept vigil in the courtyard in the hope that TaHwan will relent and forgive Sungnyang. Which is more than can what can be said for TaHwan.  He relishes in Kolta's manipulations. omg! dude.. when will you stop being a puppet. C'mon.... hello! episode 50 next week..... remember you only have 50 something minutes to clean up your act and give your followers some form of dignity after this. Your followers have made excuses for you, accepting all your faults and passing it off as an unusual childhood.... whatever, to cover up for your atrocious behavior and unreasonably twisted thinking. Anyway, even if there is no redemption for your character, you get the girl! And it seemed like this is what's most important to you in this drama anyways, an obsessive, clinging kind of love for Sungnyang. if you can call it love. You know, with that kind of obsession, if TaHwan were not an Emperor and he lived in the 21st century, he would be a sasaeng fan. maybe a president of a sasaeng fan club.. well just a thought.

And then, you kiss and make up with Sungnyang, only to feel betrayed again by her and Wang Yu. Alright..... TaHwan, what you can do is watch your own drama Empress Ki so you will remember how before you met Sungnyang, there was once a Wang Yu who treated Sungnyang like his equal. Someone who was Sungnyang's first in everything..... first love, first experience, first born. That would be a hard act to follow. Not mention, that  you are up against a more mature, caring, charismatic, braver, courageuos, sexier, gentler, hotter, humbler (if there is such a word), more intelligent individual, who is a well respected and awesome leader himself.  but hey! all water under the bridge now, okay? Then you will have a better understanding that it was all in the past. and both characters have since moved on with their lives. With that thought I know you will make her your Empress, then send Wang Yu back to Goryeo, far, far, away from Sungnyang's eyes.. so you can both live happily ever after. Therefore then, your fans and followers will not hang the writers or send them out of the palace to be beaten up at the temple to repent and confess to bad writing. :D

EstelleH said: "Will you be the mother of this nation?" No ta hwan just no, you're suppose to say "will you marry me?" Good thing nyang loves you, otherwise she'd be like no sorry I'm going out with tal tal jk.. But anyways I'd been like hell yah baby I'll be yo wife. Lol

Guest niknokdagu425

omo last two episodes is fast aproaching now, cant believe ive gone this far watching EK it was a terrible rollercoaster ride thanks to the writers and pdnim, there was a point that i wanted to smash my devices when they make each episodes so crazy!!!gosh im glad im still sane!!!im gonna miss this thread especially the fan wars hehehe and the great insights which i love reading from you guys.well i hope we will have a very satisfying ending and wishing it will reach 30% cos i want to have the OST cd winking @Cherkell hehehe.

Guest adjani1430293095

kdramaadt: cos running away this time wont change anything either and frankly she has nowhere to run too now .... considering everyone at court is on SY's side now. 
I totally agree that TT is the best out of this entire arc of angst... love the character and the man, wished they had developed that more where his wits or something were employed.. much more fun to watch that for sure and why he was more suitable to be the Prime Minister and how he is and will be different from the rest. Not just because he aligned himself with SY or TH. They did try to protray that he stands for justice but more would have been great :) 

Guest novemberA

Hello and good morning :)

I think this is the first drama that i was captivated and waiting for every minute to the supporting actor's moments to see him to adminre him meanorized every time i hear his voice I'm talking ofciurse abot TalTalicios :)
I am SY TH shipper from the begining I knew that there is no chance that Tal Tal and SY wil have a romantic interaction in this excelent drama but a man can wish doesn't he/she???
Well I'm going to miss you all and all the wontherful cast :)
Waiting for the next 2 episodes
:)

@rinchan76, your analysis is so well-written. I love it!  :x
There is an article on Kdramastarz:
class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Empress Ki" Golta Jo Je Yoon's True Colors ShownBy Staff Writer | Apr 23, 2014 10:36 PM EDT
Empress Ki" Golta Jo Je Yoon's True Colors Shown

"Empress Ki" Golta Jo Jeh Yoon finally showed his evil side and attracted unparallel attention.

On the episode of MBC Monday/Tuesday drama "Empress Ki" (script Jang Young Chul, Jung Kyung Soon, director Han Hee, Lee Sung Joon) broadcast on April 21st, Empreror Ta Whan (played by Ji Chang Wook)'s eunuch Golta (played by Jo Jeh Yoon) showed his evil side and showed his intention to assassinate Ki Seung Nyang (played by Ha Ji Won).

Ta Whan was protected by the leader of the Maeback Foundation, Golta but the actual hidden truth of the Golta was that he had made a lot of money by collaborating with Yeon Chul (played by Jun Gook Whan).

As the leader of the Maeback Foundation, he wanted to start a large war by giving military funding to the rebellious troops but Wang Yu (played by Joo Jin Mo) wore a fake mask of the leader of the Maeback foundation and worked to interfere with his plans.

At this, Golta expressed that he would get rid of Wang Yu and raised expectations and tensions for the last two episodes.

@tieuyeunuSorry, What do you mean with an abusive relationship? I haven't seen that as an abusive relationship, IMHO. It's just a miscommunication between a married couple. Sometimes when we have a fight with our couple we say something that we dont intend to say. That because we are being occupied by our emotion. SN does the same thing to TH couple times. I think deep inside TH heart, he knows that he cant live without SN. That's why he recall his old memory with SN. He just dont want to admit it at first.But it's okay if we have a different opinion. Maybe we observe the case from different angles. 
@Lylyyou're not alone. At first, I wont accept the fact if it happens to my hubby's past. I will angry for sure. It's so sudden that i might have a heart attack, esp i know that from other. As a normal human being, i need a time to swallow that shocking news then gradually accept it later.
@bambiinahihihihi, every ship has intense arguments. As long as it's not become a bloody war, i enjoy it.

Well, there are other articles on KdramaStars that is about Empress Ki. It seems like the staff writer for this website recently wrote many articles about the drama, especially about JCW.
class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"'Empress Ki" Ji Chang Wook Moved By Ha Ji WonBy Staff Writer | Apr 23, 2014 10:29 PM EDT
'Empress Ki" Ji Chang Wook Moved By Ha Ji Won

"Empress Ki" Ji Chang Wook appointed Ha Ji Won to be empress and the interest is centering on the story that followed afterwards.

On the 49th episode of MBC Monday/Tuesday drama "Empress Ki" (script Jang Young Chul, Jung Kyung Soon, director Han Hee, Lee Sung Joon) broadcast on April 22nd, Ta Whan (played by Ji Chang Wook) ends up forgiving Seung Nyang (played by Ha Ji Won) and taking him out of the palace.

Ta Whan ended up not being able to forgive Seung Nyang who made Baek Ahn (played by Kim Young Ho) die and kicked her out of the throne.  He sends death threats and tries to make her confess her crime but Seung Nyang was innocent.

Sending off Seung Nyang in tears, Ta Whan couldn't rid himself of the longing for Seung Nyang and went to visit Seung Nyang.  As Seung Nyang was beaten, she begged, "I ask for Your Majesty's health."

Ta Whan who saw this felt even worse about Seung Nyang and put medicine on Seung Nyang's shoulders that had bruised asking her to go back.

Seung Nyang wanted to go back but Ta Whan said, "don't' refuse any further.  This might be the last I forgive you" and confessed his love for Seung Nyang, as the faith between the two deepened.

Then, Ta Whan saw that Seung Nyang was eager to help him out and invited her to be his empress.

At Ji Chang Wook in "Empress Ki", netizens said, "Ji Chang Wook in "Empress Ki", it was good to see him so emotional." "Ji Chang Wook in "Empress Ki", his acting is getting better and better." "Ji Chang Wook in "Empress Ki", he is such a precious actor these days" and showed reactions.

LINK

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Empress Ki" Ji Chang Wook Is Scary Getting Enraged At Maha's Birth SecretBy Staff Writer | Apr 23, 2014 10:38 PM EDT
Empress Ki" Ji Chang Wook Is Scary Getting Enraged At Maha's Birth Secret

"Empress Ki" Ji Chang Wook realized that there was a son between Ha Ji Won and Joo Jin Mo.

On the episode of MBC Monday/Tuesday drama "Empress Ki" (script Jang Young Chul, Jung Kyung Soon, director Han Hee, Lee Sung Joon) broadcast on April 22nd, Ta Whan (played by Ji Chang Wook) found out that Crown Prince Maha (played by Kim Jin Sung) was the son of Wang Yu (played by Joo Jin Mo) and Ki Seung Nyang (played by Ha Ji Won).

Won Dynasty  Yeon Chul (played by Jun Gook Hwan)'s eldest son Dang Ki Se (played by Kim Jugn Hyun) who had thought that Maha was Tanasili (played by Baek Jin Hee)'s child hears from Court Maid Suh (played by Suh Yi Sook) that Maha was born from Ki Seung Nyang and Wang Yu as he tried to kill Ayu, the son of Ki Seung Nyang and Wang Yu but Wang Yu stopped him.

Dang Ki Se was fallen after being hit by the arrow that Ki Seung Nyang shot.  As Ta Whan got closer, Dang Ki Se said, "Do you know who's son Maha is?  He's Wang Yu and Seung Nyang's child. You're living with an empty shell of Ki Seung Nyang."

Netizens said, "Empress Ki", the three meet" "Empress Ki" Ji Chang Wook, his angry acting is great." "Empress Ki" Ji Chang Wook so cool."

Funny that the article released always using the actor/actress real name. When i`m still a newbie, sometime its missleading me to "ah, now they`re having a love crush at the filming set" LOL stupid me.

The new cf teaset from nortcape making me nervous. The "650 years later of EK" haunting me for it`s sad ending. Means that one of the character will die. As per history and the novel, TH die first thatn SN.

Remind me of GFB

In all Goltha is the most evil of them all.. I suppose they waited till the end to eliminate this crook.. a real opportunist. ET's tyranny were done in the open. Just cannot imagine how Goltha's life will finally end, who will do the honor of eliminating this devil.. Must be WY ie fake mask ml sword fighting with real mask ML? Cannot imagine how TH will react!

BTW when TT stabbed BA it really shocked me, very unexpected! 

@Katrina Abdul Talib i suppose golta is the most worst of them all. He`s a perfect backstabber along with guksu the bodyguard. At least BA and ED never hide their true intention.

SN is right, living at the palace is more like a battlefield. Needs alot of strategy and full of mindtrick to strugle on.

I wonder how they gonna reveal him as the ML and how he poisoned TH the past 5 years with drug also the fake letter his been sent

• Like 1