[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

i'm worried now  that she found her other son...we know that the real TN did have a son and that son died at a young age(i read about that)...poor Maha...i hope she will sent the child to Goreyo...She has brothers...sent the child to them or to his real dad...and tell everybody is dead ..

Guest avocado1430291863

I am very proud with Uri Emperor this days...he isn't  do babyish attitude anymore (although  he has baby face looking)....he is more mature ..even with Wang Yoo...he want to joint hand with his best rival for the sake of the country....Like someone said before the writer has give him major big shift in character development... When I watch the first episode and character description, I feel like omo...uri JCW play second lead with selfish attitude again just like his Five Finger character....but with the story goes and the how TH character can melt the audiences heart, and they give him a nice progress in term of attitude that maybe have not been expected by the writer in the beginning...K drama gods...Could it be possible to change some of the first episode scene???

@andy78... I would like that too, it is much better for the child to be sent secretly to his father.. but I bet It would not happen... because of guilt and love maybe SN will keep Maha beside her and will not let him know that he is WY-SN child 'cause his life would be at stake... as a mother she would not let her child to be hurt again.. she will protect her with all her might... 

When TalTal and Ki where looking for the shaman... they kinda looked like a newly wed couple... TalTal is definitely good lover material...  I also felt goosebumps when he removed Ki's hair to see her neck... I was like kiss her... cheez what am I saying now... stclaus scratch that...
TalTal reading the Korean phonebook... that comment totally killed me...
We should totally request his agency for an EK Audio Book read by him
TalTal would probably be the hero saving Byul, awesome if he gets to raise him... too bad we only have a few episodes left, so no love story line for him... that's ok... I like him just like that... love behind the curtains 8->

I'm glad the drama didn't follow the novel that closely and that even when things got crazy it still didn't reach the novel makjang levels
it makes me shake my head the more I learn about it
the revelation of Maha's identity came at the best timingit seemed like everyone (us included) was busy relishing TH&SN domestic bliss and now with this major event, we're back on track for the main plot. SN will have to make probably the most important decision in her life. I honestly don't know how she's gonna handle the situation, all the possible scenarios (that all of you here brought up) are equally sad and complicated. imo the most unlikely one is where the truth is revealed to everyone, that's like a suicide. to protect Byul, SN will inevitably keep the secret from at least one of those involved that is WY, TH and Byul himself. no matter what her choice is, someone is bound to be hurt and wronged (by being kept in the dark) and SN will have to live with the weight of guilttbh there isn't a scenario I prefer because there isn't one where everyone is happy
on a side note, I remember jokingly saying here once that ET will die of old age and senility, I never thought it'd be true :))

SeGafanlady said: what I also don't understand.. Ta Hwan told Lady Ki that he never think or feel or believe that Maha is his offspring (fatherly intuition) but why he never proceed that suspicion and do some checking about the baby? Maybe because he doesn't want to create another thurmoil and in regards of ET's threatening? but now after his own flesh and blood born from the woman he loves, he starts to speak up. And I admire that he still protect Maha and stated that all his babies are equal.. To see Tanashiri sit in Empress seat beside the Emperor and knowing that she'll lost everything soon.. I feel a bit simpathy for her. But I condemn all of her crimes still.. Little that Tanashiri knows the hurricane that will destroy all what she had, has and dream to have... is about to hit her..

SN hearing from the Nun and finally discovered tht Maha is her son, kept the secret to herself or probably reveal the secret to her confidant, Taltal and they come up with a plan.
Hopefully they use the blood vow to accuse ET, family and clans for Treason thereby death sentence to many of the family members involved. Just as an act of sympathy, TH still insisting Maha as her son, they agree to help her by sending Maha to Chona giving an excuse him being Et's nephew in law so he will take care of the little boy for TN ~~~~ and secretly Taltal breaks the news to Chona that Maha is SN and Chona's son?

Politics being politics, knowing this Chona will also keep this secret to himself of cos sharing this secret with Bang and the bald headman.
Well, just cannot bare to see the sad face of WY whenever he is near SY... so I hope please give him some piece of SN to live by until he dies, ie MAHA!

I think SN should tell WY that they had a child, that she found out he is still alive and living at the palace allowing WY to find a way to save Maha when the ET clan is destroyed.  I don't think SN should make Maha the crown prince to TH legacy.  TH deserves better for all his sacrifices and love for her.  SN has always given of herself for WY, now it's time to give for TH.  If TH finds out that SN had a child by WY, it will destroy him.  She should allow Maha to be raised by WY that way she has a chance to see him without endangering him.  But what do I know.

At this point, i don't care if they are exterminated through voodoo, beheading, dismemberment, etc as long as they die. Tana gave a new meaning to ridicule. I have seen people trying to commit murder but this girl takes the cake. She kept on praying and praying even after failing and failing. Buddha is probably tired of her a** too.
Anyone has a gif of grown up Maha? I feel bad for the kid though. No love from his "father". I understand that some parents do have favorites between their children but right now TH is giving me the same feelings that the King in JOJ gave me. Yes, they are not nice, warm, and fuzzy feelings. And people are really expecting him to love the kid if he finds out that he's SN/WY kid just because of his great love of SN. Mmmkay. Keep on trying to buy that bridge. He can't even show affection to his own son because of who the mother is, but he'll show it to the son of his love rival. :))

Side Note: One thing i'll give to SBS is "where the heck do they get their PDs?" Except for Heirs (which was a failure in both writing and directing), i love their cinematography. My fave was TWTWB. 14 Days and 3 Days look so movie like. (back to my Running Man viewing)

SeGafanlady said: what I also don't understand.. Ta Hwan told Lady Ki that he never think or feel or believe that Maha is his offspring (fatherly intuition) but why he never proceed that suspicion and do some checking about the baby? Maybe because he doesn't want to create another thurmoil and in regards of ET's threatening? but now after his own flesh and blood born from the woman he loves, he starts to speak up. And I admire that he still protect Maha and stated that all his babies are equal.. To see Tanashiri sit in Empress seat beside the Emperor and knowing that she'll lost everything soon.. I feel a bit simpathy for her. But I condemn all of her crimes still.. Little that Tanashiri knows the hurricane that will destroy all what she had, has and dream to have... is about to hit her..

I think WY has the right to know that he has a love child with SY.. but how about Ta Hwan? OMG I can't imagine how he feels later when he learns the devastating news.. if I were SY, I will tell Wang Yu about Byul.. but ask him to keep it secret forever.. and raise Byul as Maha ( Ayusiridhara's hyung nim) and no need to tell TH about it forever.. Maha and Ayusiridhara under mama Seung Nyang's love mommihood wings will definitely become villial sons..

So many feels and I think I'm overdose thid drama.. need to rest now though...

Good night and thanks for everything chingu deul.. xoxo

can i say that wwill i look at this gifs now,SN looks so good with that lipstick :x even when she had Ayu she put some to greet TH and ED and baby Ayu as well :x love that color for real :x@sarah.lina i'm putting the wine in at rest to take it out after hearing your good news!!!!!!!!!i want his bug head to rooooooool!

@nrlfan4ever said:

If I am not mistaken, the guy playing the general of ET's troops is actor/stuntman Seo Bum Shik. He also played one of the 3 best royal guards in Yi-San. He also did a cameo in Age of Feeling, as one of the opponents of Jung Tae in the fight for money scene. He usually plays a guard/soldier in sageuk dramas. He was a guard/villain in The Horse Doctor.
 He also played in Jumong as one of his guy's. I think he was the defense general of the right. Maru was to the left.  
Poor Wy his women is really gone but to cheer himself up he could always play that he-man that tags along with him.

Katrina Abdul Talib said: SN hearing from the Nun and finally discovered tht Maha is her son, kept the secret to herself or probably reveal the secret to her confidant, Taltal and they come up with a plan.
Hopefully they use the blood vow to accuse ET, family and clans for Treason thereby death sentence to many of the family members involved. Just as an act of sympathy, TH still insisting Maha as her son, they agree to help her by sending Maha to Chona giving an excuse him being Et's nephew in law so he will take care of the little boy for TN ~~~~ and secretly Taltal breaks the news to Chona that Maha is SN and Chona's son?

Politics being politics, knowing this Chona will also keep this secret to himself of cos sharing this secret with Bang and the bald headman.
Well, just cannot bare to see the sad face of WY whenever he is near SY... so I hope please give him some piece of SN to live by until he dies, ie MAHA!

Guest bashful

tarjig said: I think SN should tell WY that they had a child, that she found out he is still alive and living at the palace allowing WY to find a way to save Maha when the ET clan is destroyed.  I don't think SN should make Maha the crown prince to TH legacy.  TH deserves better for all his sacrifices and love for her.  SN has always given of herself for WY, now it's time to give for TH.  If TH finds out that SN had a child by WY, it will destroy him.  She should allow Maha to be raised by WY that way she has a chance to see him without endangering him.  But what do I know.