✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

4 Actors That Would Be Perfect With Kim SoHyun In Historical Drama "River Where The Moon Rises"

Kim SoHyun confirmed that she will be acting in the historical drama "River Where the Moon Rises". But no male actor was announced yet!

The drama will be recreating the famous Goguryeo traditional story of PyeongGang and OnDal. It tells the love story of PyeongGang who uses OnDal's feelings to become an empress and of OnDal who made foolish sacrifices.

Kim SoHyun is taking on the role of Princess PyeongGang. She is an ambitious woman who aims to make Goguryeo stands right again and dreams to become the first empress. However, she started to be confused by new emotions after meeting OnDal.

Kang HaNeul was cast as the father of Kim SoHyun in the drama.

The director Yoon SangHo ("Kingmaker: The Change of Destiny", "Different Dreams", "Saimdang, Memoir of Colors") and writer Han JiHoon ("Last", "Night Light", "Dr. Jin", "Time Between Dog and Wolf", "Woman of 9.9 Billion") are in charge. The drama will air in 2021.

The production team is still casting and fans can't help but wonder who could be the male lead along with Kim SoHyun. These 4 actors could do be perfect for the role.

Let us know in the comments and in the poll who do you think should take the role of OnDal according to you.

1- Kim DongHee

Kim DongHee is a rising actor. He proved his perfect acting skills in "SKY Castle", "A-TEEN", "Itaewon Class" and "Extracurricular". He has yet to act in a historical drama but there is no doubt he would be perfect. Kim DongHee was born in 1999 like Kim SoHyun.

2- Jung GunJoo

Jung GunJoo is a new face in the K-Drama world but with much potential. He is mainly known for his role in the popular drama "Extraordinary You" as Lee DoHwa. Since then, he acted in "Oh My Baby" proving he can be a solid lead. He would do a great couple with Kim SoHyun.

3. Kwak Dong Yeon

Kwak DongYeon is one of the most underrated actors. He has perfect acting skills and would match any role he is given. Moreover, Kwak DongYeon already acted in a historical drama, you would remember him in "Love in the Moonlight".

4- Seo KangJoon

Seo KangJoon would also be a great pick. He is an expert in romance and heart fluttering scenes but that is not all he also has perfect facial expressions. It is time to see him again in a historical drama.

https://www.kpopmap.com/4-actors-that-would-be-perfect-with-kim-sohyun-in-historical-drama-river-where-the-moon-rises/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Wow her power! I know she’s popular but I didn’t know she was that popular 

Her Vietnamese fans are so daebak!!! Their dedication with their fan-subbed youtube channel, active in promoting Sohyun and they are so damn good too when organizing the international fan event like sending food truck or rice wreath. The other Vietnamese fans sure well fed by the effort of the admins. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, faye406 said:

I'm not in right place to comment about his script since I did not watch any of his dramas except one of his hit movies, Taegukgi which is one of the best war movies I must say...

He's good at bringing darker and heavy mood but the problem really relies on how the plot goes. So, I really hope he and his team can do the best. 

Can only have hope for good result. Who can be male lead? Good actor hope not old.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, totoro_mei said:

Can only have hope for good result. Who can be male lead? Good actor hope not old.

Have someone crossed your mind?

We did not have much choice i think since most are booked and in military services.

Good/veteran actor with not much gap. Who?

On 10/7/2020 at 9:29 AM, faye406 said:

We did not have much choice i think since most are booked and in military services.

If 90s actors will not be available, my pick for male lead of So Hyun from the 80s gen is either Kim Soo Hyun or Lee Jong Suk. 

The 10 Most Followed K-Drama Stars on Instagram

How many of your fave actors/actresses made it to the list?

As more people immerse themselves in the K-drama universe, it doesn’t come as a surprise that the popular actors and actresses that star in them have a massive following on Instagram. KStarLive recently released a list of the most followed K-drama stars as of April 2020. And of course, as K-drama fans ourselves, we did our own research to sample some of these stars' finest postsâ —and true enough, they're all worth a follow!

Editor's Note: This list only includes celebrities who are primarily K-drama actors/actresses. Other top-followed stars not mentioned here are multi-hyphenate idols such as IU (@dlwlrma with 13M followers) and Bae Suzy (@skuukzky with 11.9M followers).

9. Kim So Hyun - 8.5 million followers

Instagram handle: @wow_kimsohyun

The best is yet to come for the 20-year-old actress as she announces upcoming projects on her IG, including Love Alarm Season 2. Exciting!

• Like 1

Fans Select The Top 10 Most Beautiful K-Drama Actresses of All Time

On a popular fan voting site, K-drama fans from all around the world voted on who the most beautiful K-drama actresses of all time are. Want to know who made the top 10? Then keep on reading!

. Kim So Hyun

Kim So Hyun
(Photo : IMDb)

Kim So Hyun garnered over 103,209 votes. Kim So Hyun is the youngest actress on the list and started her career as a child actress in 2006. She is known as the "Nation's Little Sister" and "Queen of Child Actor", as she is known for being one of the most well-known child actresses in South Korea, and has established herself as a next-generation Hallyu Star as an adult. She is known as for her sweet and innocent image.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119056/20201007/fans-select-top-10-beautiful-k-drama-actresses-all-time.htm

16 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

The 10 Most Followed K-Drama Stars on Instagram

How many of your fave actors/actresses made it to the list?

As more people immerse themselves in the K-drama universe, it doesn’t come as a surprise that the popular actors and actresses that star in them have a massive following on Instagram. KStarLive recently released a list of the most followed K-drama stars as of April 2020. And of course, as K-drama fans ourselves, we did our own research to sample some of these stars' finest postsâ —and true enough, they're all worth a follow!

Editor's Note: This list only includes celebrities who are primarily K-drama actors/actresses. Other top-followed stars not mentioned here are multi-hyphenate idols such as IU (@dlwlrma with 13M followers) and Bae Suzy (@skuukzky with 11.9M followers).

9. Kim So Hyun - 8.5 million followers

Instagram handle: @wow_kimsohyun

The best is yet to come for the 20-year-old actress as she announces upcoming projects on her IG, including Love Alarm Season 2. Exciting!

9,5 millions ;)

• Like 1

Kim So Hyun Confirmed to Star in a New Historical Drama!

Kim So Hyun has finally agreed to star in her next project, which is reportedly another historical drama! On October 5, it was broadcasted that the actress will be starring in "River Where the Moon Rises," previously named as "Cut by the Heart."

"River Where the Moon Rises" is a saeguk-themed drama that will tell Princess Pyeonggang, also known as Yeom Ga Jin, a goal-driven, ambitious woman who aspires to become the first female to the leader of Goguryeo. However, her life will change when she meets, On Dal, to make her experience new emotions that she never expected.

This drama is penned by writer Han Ji Hoon who had worked with well-known dramas, namely, "Woman of 9.9 Billion" and "Temptation." It will be helmed by director Yoon Sang Ho who created "Saimdang, Light's Diary" and hit drama "King Maker: The Change of Destiny." Actress Son Ye Jin was reportedly discussed to take the leading role. And actor Kang Ha Neul is confirmed to make a special appearance in the drama as a general who becomes On Dal's father.

"River Where the Moon Rises" is scheduled to be broadcasted in the first half of 2021.

Meanwhile, you can catch Kim So Hyun in her previous historical drama titled "The Tale of Nokdu", a romantic-comedy themed drama set in the Joseon dynasty. The series is about a man who went undercover and pretended to be a woman to enter a mysterious women-only village. His goal is to uncover the truth behind his birth and a young woman who refuses to become a kisaeng (a woman to become a courtesan) to pursue revenge for her family.

Kim So Hyun is Dong Dong Joo / Yoo Eun Seo in this drama. She is a graceless and a hot-tempered kisaeng trainee who has no talent in performing arts but is an artisan. She has a goal to seek revenge on the man who did wrong to her family.

Kim So Hyun was born on June 4, 1999. In the year 2006, she started her career in the entertainment industry as a child actress. Kim So Hyun was first recognized by the general public through her portrayal as an evil young queen-to-be in Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) and the girl who had a tragic life in Missing You (2013). Her first leading role was in the teen drama Who Are You: School 2015 (2015).

Kim So Hyun is a regular host in the MBC's music program Music Core and survival reality show Under Nineteen in 2019. Because of her rising popularity, she was tagged as the "Nation's Little Sister," "Queen of Child Actor" and has been known as the representative of a prolific child-actress who has made a name in the industry through her various works since her childhood. She also has established herself as the next-generation Hallyu star.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119049/20201005/actress-kim-so-hyun-confirmed-to-star-in-a-new-historical-drama.htm

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, faye406 said:

I’m not sure how correct is this schedule, but it is rumoured that the drama will have 30 EPISODES!

I think 30 episodes mean 30 minutes each, so it will be “15” 1 hour episodes because that’s the regular format now that episodes are split up into 30 minutes now. 

On 10/7/2020 at 5:18 PM, Breeze said:

Wow we love a generous queen :wub:

I also nominate Seo Ji Hoon, hes also a good but not yet popular actor. He gives me Seo Park Joon vibes in his acting. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elan1 said:

I think 30 episodes mean 30 minutes each, so it will be “15” 1 hour episodes because that’s the regular format now that episodes are split up into 30 minutes now. 

:wub:

yeah but if you looked at that schedule, the others drama has number 16 which I’m assumed 16 episodes. So basically ours is 30 episodes with one hour each.

The schedule use old format. 

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, faye406 said:

yeah but if you looked at that schedule, the others drama has number 16 which I’m assumed 16 episodes. So basically ours is 30 episodes with one hour each.

Oh that is interesting! I doubt it will be 30 episodes since they haven’t done that in awhile (so I think they will trim it to 16 like most dramas nowadays) but I wouldn’t mind since it means we get to see more sohyun :P but on the downside is that it can be tiring for her. 

2 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

Off topic, I heard that Jung Ga Ram will enlist next year. As such, LA Season 3 (in case LAS2 will be a hit) may be prolonged. Hence, I hope So Hyun will have another drama in the line after LAS2 and Moon River. 

None has aired yet and you already thought about the next in line :D 

• LOL 2

On 10/8/2020 at 5:31 AM, Erick Miranda said:

Off topic, I heard that Jung Ga Ram will enlist next year. As such, LA Season 3 (in case LAS2 will be a hit) may be prolonged. Hence, I hope So Hyun will have another drama in the line after LAS2 and Moon River. 

He’s actually enlisting next week. I’m hoping for a high school or college drama next :D

On 10/8/2020 at 8:03 AM, Ly Khánh said:

Why not? :lol: we are greedy fans, feed us more lol 

On 10/8/2020 at 6:56 AM, Breeze said:

Soup uptade

Thank you soup! We blessed to have soup during good and bad times. If it wasn’t for soup during her dry season, we fans would had felt more depressed ❤️

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

23 hours ago, faye406 said:

Who are now good young actor? If one can be main then have good chemistry also. 

9 hours ago, faye406 said:

This drama it is melo or comedy? 

1 hour ago, Ly Khánh said:

We have many hopes. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, totoro_mei said:

This drama it is melo or comedy? 

The drama is more melo or serious I believe esp since the ending will be sad/tragedy. There will probably be some comedy scenes overall but limited. 

8 hours ago, totoro_mei said:

If one can be main then have good chemistry also. 

Sohyun is chemistry queen, she will be able to have good chemistry with any male lead unless they are made out of bricks :lol:

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Sohyun unseen photos from Busan One Asia Festival .

I miss “host or MC” sohyun, I hope we can see her as MC again later this year :phew:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1