SM Email Audition & SM's Announcement of 2013 Global Audition

Guest onesweetflavor

theskyisfalling said: Your voice doesn't have pop and ballad voices separately built into it, And if you choose a lame kpop song that's all bubble gum pop your talent wont be showcased. Theyre not looking for general pop singers to just sing songs on stage. if they were looking for that they could find plenty in korea. Theyre looking for people with talent and charm that can outshine thousands of other auditioners. an american pop song sung exactly like the original means you haven't found your own voice yet. Just like how people talk with different voices, they also have different singing voices. It would be especially bad to imitate the style of the singer of each song (if the judge is interested they will make you sing multiple songs) Kpop companies (especially sm BoA has said this before on kpop star) want "a white canvas they can paint on" this is why the more younger the better. This doesn't mean however that you'll get into the company without being able to sing or dance. It just means that they want to use your talent and tweak it so it can represent the company more.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

_RaiN_ said: ricecakee said:

oh okay. thx for that information i didn't know it before.

i'm sure i can't sing it better than taeyeon bcuz her voice is unique in my opinion and my voice isn't XD

it's really bad they always compare everything with the original. it's just normal that most of the people can't do it better than the original singers but this point doesn't mean that even if they can't beat the original singer, they still may have talent. they shouldn't base or compare so much on the original and look more for individual or unique people with a great voice and talent.. if you know what i want to say with that ;w; 

Guest onesweetflavor

Thought I do a little update~ :D
Here's EXO motivating auditioners for the SM Global Audition 2013486203_500471896650177_1518314855_n.jpg533544_499662666731100_97107335_n.jpg374532_497725146924852_827889741_n.jpg
Here is also a tutorial posted on the SM Audition Facebook Page showing auditioners how to send in an application through Everysing App.393001_516687401695293_148383097_n.jpg

Guest cheerbub

never auditioned before, really wanna try :) i haven't sang an impressive song in a long time, but i can start practicing again....anyone auditioning in NY? :)

Guest ireneberry

never auditioned before' date=' really wanna try :) i haven't sang an impressive song in a long time, but i can start practicing again....anyone auditioning in NY? :)[/quote']

I'm going in ny

Guest dravenge

hey anyone went to audition recently? in seoul for the weekly auditions. I need some information on it because i just got back from the auditions. I went in december, really close to the global auditions. would they wait for the globals to be over first before making a decision from those who joined the weekly's? im at a loss :/ Any information would be helpful thanks.

Guest dravenge

and it wasnt really like anything i read. there was only one judge and everything was just recorded. But in my group the judge paid attention to only me and this other girl when we were singing though, taking down notes and stuff, but she didnt give any attention to the others, looking down and playing with her hair and stuff. is that good? Do i have to wait till the global auditions are over before the results are realised?

@Dravenge: Mmm, didn't you post the same thing on my thread? o___o Don't double post. 
Regarding your question, there has been situations similar to the one that you've encountered, it's not always like 3 panel judges with everything, most of the time actually it's just one judge. I'm sorry to sound disrespectful, but the way you word your sentence makes you sound a bit cocky. If the judges just have interest with you, it doesn't mean they're interested, they might just be looking and taking down some notes. If the judges are truly interested, they'll ask you to stay behind and interview you.
And I'll say it again, don't double post the same thing on two different threads.
_RaiN_ 

Guest dravenge

didnt mean for it to come out that way lol. But then again thanks for the info, and honestly it was kind of weird that day, meaning the judge wasnt really a judge, she was just sitting there and just overseeing the whole audition. and once it was all done all they did was pack up the stuff and leave. My guess was that it was cuz they didnt want to accept anyone first before seeing the outcome at the globals. So if they find someone really godly in the globals, my chance is gone :/

Guest Celestra

@dravenge let me start out by saying that your post didn't come off cocky sounding at all. Second, based on your post I think you do have a chance. Granted it's a small chance but I think it's definitely there. I'd give it a wait until globals are over. There was a post in another thread where a girl was talking about how SM was possibly interested in her but told her they are going to wait until global auditions were done with to see if there is anyone better.

Guest dravenge

Hey its me again! Has anyone used the email audition that sm recently posted about? and one more question, http://smtown.com/Audition go to this website, and at the bottom right theres this "last audition clip" with clips of people auditioning, did the people inside pass the first round or? Please reply! Anything would be helpful

Guest BoiceMelodyInspiritBeauty

Hi ! If I apply for Global auditions via e-mail, Do I also need to send dance/singing clips ? 
And what this reply means ? is this an automated reply by 2013 global audition ?

S.M. Entertainment Global Audition in USA

We will send a confirmation e-mail indicating the audition time & location after 15th of March. Only person who get confirmation e-mail can participate our audition.

Thank you.

April 19th  Washington, D.C.   Waterview Conference Center

April 21st  New York City  Hotel Pennsylvania

April 26th  Seattle  Federal Way Community Center

April 28th  Los Angeles   Sheraton LA Downtown

Guest onesweetflavor

3lz4w43 said: Hi ! If I apply for Global auditions via e-mail, Do I also need to send dance/singing clips ? 
And what this reply means ? is this an automated reply by 2013 global audition ?

We will send a confirmation e-mail indicating the audition time & location after 15th of March. Only person who get confirmation e-mail can participate our audition.

Thank you.

Guest BoiceMelodyInspiritBeauty

onesweetflavor said: 3lz4w43 said: Hi ! If I apply for Global auditions via e-mail, Do I also need to send dance/singing clips ? 

Thank you.

theskyisfalling said: Your voice doesn't have pop and ballad voices separately built into it, And if you choose a lame kpop song that's all bubble gum pop your talent wont be showcased. Theyre not looking for general pop singers to just sing songs on stage. if they were looking for that they could find plenty in korea. Theyre looking for people with talent and charm that can outshine thousands of other auditioners. an american pop song sung exactly like the original means you haven't found your own voice yet. Just like how people talk with different voices, they also have different singing voices. It would be especially bad to imitate the style of the singer of each song (if the judge is interested they will make you sing multiple songs) Kpop companies (especially sm BoA has said this before on kpop star) want "a white canvas they can paint on" this is why the more younger the better. This doesn't mean however that you'll get into the company without being able to sing or dance. It just means that they want to use your talent and tweak it so it can represent the company more.

Guest smtown4eva

Could you guys help me im stuck deciding on what to sing for the global audition this year

Im deciding between magic castle by the classic and tvxq sang it too or well done by navi or like yesterday by j or lucky by ashily?

Guest charmingteaday

Is anyone thinking of going to the Washington D.C. S.M Auditions? I think I am! I am going to submit my application soon XD

Archived