SM Email Audition & SM's Announcement of 2013 Global Audition

Guest onesweetflavor

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onesweetflavor

I think the key is finding a song that sounds good acapella. Because with acapella, the song flows more and it isn't choppy. It also showcases your vocal range more. 

@_Rain_ My range is pretty good. :) But I guess they didn't like it because I didn't even get a rejection letter. :P But they let me sing the whole song which (I skipped about 4 lines at the start) is about like a little over 2 minutes I think. But no less than 2 minutes. :P I didn't even do that well since I was nervous. But I tries my best. :)

shinee94 said: @_Rain_ My range is pretty good. :) But I guess they didn't like it because I didn't even get a rejection letter. :P But they let me sing the whole song which (I skipped about 4 lines at the start) is about like a little over 2 minutes I think. But no less than 2 minutes. :P I didn't even do that well since I was nervous. But I tries my best. :)

Guest 강 미연

Do you guys think that there'll be a rhythm test? Since the dancers have to freestyle and everything...

Maybe., they look everythink … why someone will need a dancer withiut rhythm?

Guest theskyisfalling

I would aim for sort of gospel or r&b songs because it really shows off your techniques especially vibrato control is important (one of the basics). I wouldn't go for regular pop music but I'm sure you guys know that.

do you guys think "i love you" from taeyeon is an overused song? 

cuz i'd like to sing that song, but i checked out some everysing entries on youtube and saw that a lot of people already sang it C:

Guest Celestra

@ricecakee
I've heard that unless you know for sure that you can do it better, you shouldn't pick a song by SM in general because then you'd be compared to the original artist or something... not sure if that's true, though ^__^

oh okay. thx for that information i didn't know it before.

i'm sure i can't sing it better than taeyeon bcuz her voice is unique in my opinion and my voice isn't XD

it's really bad they always compare everything with the original. it's just normal that most of the people can't do it better than the original singers but this point doesn't mean that even if they can't beat the original singer, they still may have talent. they shouldn't base or compare so much on the original and look more for individual or unique people with a great voice and talent.. if you know what i want to say with that ;w; 

ricecakee said:

oh okay. thx for that information i didn't know it before.

i'm sure i can't sing it better than taeyeon bcuz her voice is unique in my opinion and my voice isn't XD

it's really bad they always compare everything with the original. it's just normal that most of the people can't do it better than the original singers but this point doesn't mean that even if they can't beat the original singer, they still may have talent. they shouldn't base or compare so much on the original and look more for individual or unique people with a great voice and talent.. if you know what i want to say with that ;w; 

Guest theskyisfalling

Your voice doesn't have pop and ballad voices separately built into it, And if you choose a lame kpop song that's all bubble gum pop your talent wont be showcased. Theyre not looking for general pop singers to just sing songs on stage. if they were looking for that they could find plenty in korea. Theyre looking for people with talent and charm that can outshine thousands of other auditioners. an american pop song sung exactly like the original means you haven't found your own voice yet. Just like how people talk with different voices, they also have different singing voices. It would be especially bad to imitate the style of the singer of each song (if the judge is interested they will make you sing multiple songs) Kpop companies (especially sm BoA has said this before on kpop star) want "a white canvas they can paint on" this is why the more younger the better. This doesn't mean however that you'll get into the company without being able to sing or dance. It just means that they want to use your talent and tweak it so it can represent the company more.

Archived