SM Email Audition & SM's Announcement of 2013 Global Audition

Guest onesweetflavor

Guest onesweetflavor

So I saw the video of EXO M promoting the new facebook page for SM Auditions and so I went to their facebook (facebook.com/smaudition) and they had a new form for email auditions. I was just wondering if anyone was thinking of auditioning through this method.

Here's what it says on the facebook page.

- I would like to take an e-mail audition. What should I send to you?
To apply for an audition, you need to send us your photo as well as a video or a demonstration file. (Attach your video file (Dancing), music file (Singing) and face-shots (frontal) photos without any photoshop/retouching done.) You also need to provide us the following information.
1. Name/Sex2. Area of Application3. Date of Birth4. School5. Place of Residence6. Contact Information (1) Cellular Phone (2) E-mail7. Experience
Please send your application to here!
KOREA – audition@smtown.comU.S.A – usaaudition@smtown.comOverseas - smaudition@smtown.com
When you send the application, tiles of e-mail should be name/age/gender/category (ex. Jenny/18/Female/singer)
- I applied to e-mail audition. When do I hear the results?
E-mail audition results will be notified individually to only those who were qualified.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jellyleaf

I really hope they come near my state for US! I want to try. My parent wouldn't let me go to the youth star auditions, so I must try for globals now ^-^ 

I found some important additional information on smtown's website that could be helpful!

Talented individuals who cannot participate in Saturday Open Auditions (Korea/USA) or Global Auditions, can send their profiles to S.M. Casting Directors. Send your profile via E-mail or post mail, and attach your video file or music file with your photos (face-shots/full-body shots).

); text-indent: -9999px; color: rgb(119, 119, 119); font-family: 돋움, Dotum, verdana, arial; background-position: 0px -366px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Cautions on attaching files to E-mail/post mail
  • When you attach your photo files to e-mail, you should make your files a JPG or GIF format (ai or PSD format cannot be viewed). We do not judge photos that have been retouched or photoshopped. We also do not judge face-shots that are obscured by hands or clothes.
  • Printed photos are fine if you are sending your application via post mail.
  • Avoid uploading unfocused video files or low-quality sound music files.
  • Music or video files that are sent by e-mail or post mail should be in WMA, MP3, or WAV format (MP4 or cda format cannot be evaluated).

Guest onesweetflavor

30341_496815417015825_1337233483_n.jpgSM released information and dates on SM Global Audition in Korea. I think they will release the dates for Japan and USA soon.

Hi everyone! I submitted an email audition 3 days ago on November 26th to test out the system, and followed all the instructions. I know we were only supposed to audition for one category but I gave them a dancing clip, singing clip, and a rapping clip, all around 30-40 seconds because they like it short.I also gave them a face and body shot. It's kind of nerve wracking because they don't send rejection letters (only acceptance ones) so I don't know if I'm going to get a reply or not, and there's not deadline for a response or not...meh :/

Guest asuka1430291743

Good luck! I've sent two emails to them last year and I didn't even get a response. I'm trying out everysing 'cause I think I'll have a better chance there.

Archived