[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

briseis said:

Their coiffures are arranged into a Keun Meori hairstyle that can only be seen worn by people of the palace. It's a wig made of braided false hair decorated with a ribbon and round-shaped ornaments with fluttering metals called tteoljam. The wooden part is a tteoguji to emphasize the whole hairstyle. 

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RanP said: wow, the 'restless' movie poster edit looks amazing, i can totally imagine our otp like that   8->

I think maybe those stills are when OJ is under dowager queen's training and whatnot. personally i just want to see a restless LS knowing OJ is inside the palace, not far away from him. hoho ;)) But i don't think she'll be his concubine anytime soon. things will happen, after getting rid of minister Heo and prince Boksun, minister Min will come back, hence IH becomes 2nd queen. AND of course Chi Soo(!) entrance and tries to wake some sense in OJ. ah more angst~~

ok, i noticed this the first few times i watched ep 1. but over the weekend i got my elder sister to watch JOJ and she voiced it out loud....

JOJep1henna.jpg

Henna? Right? Yes/No?

for my community we do wear henna - usually onto nails only for normal wear, those extending to the knuckles are usually (but not exclusive) for the bride, it's part of the wedding ceremony (if one really observe the customs). i remember purposely extending the henna for my little niece cos she's still a kid, tiny fingers & were already messy, LOL..

so, my question is this common way back then in Joseon? i don't remember seeing any sageuk characters (no matter how minor/secondary) wearing henna? only clear nail polish which draw the ire of the korean viewers   ;))

I seriously wonder how I'm gonna feel about Ok Jung! 'Cause I know she's gonna be jang hee bin...and I remember watching Dong Yi and Jang Hee Bin is a b.tch lol but wth lol Inhyun seems like a b.tch too? But this isn't gonna exactly follow history right? Since they never actually fell in love before

Guest kimbee

BS almost try to kill LS because he wanna be a King, i wonder if he found LS fall for OJ... he more obsessed to get OJ.....  1188059540813.gif

If someone is bathing OJ, could it mean that she is granted a meeting with the king? I have no idea if this is true protocol from back then, but I remember in Dong Yi, the first time she meets him as king in the series, when he summons her, she has to be bathed and changed into silk etc before getting to see the king. :) just a thought. I confess to not being caught up on the thread - so I missed reading some prior posts. Either way, I hope he has summoned her but that is way too obvious. So it's probably not that. He needs to go incognito to see her.

Archived