[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Dong Yi and her alleged evilness in JoJ, I don't think stealing an item in a shop makes her historical villain material...I mean she was probably still a teenager, a slave and what would she be afraid to loose ? I see it as merely a way to introduce some foreshadowing between two ill-fated characters. I don't know a lot about Seung Yeon or her acting so only time will tell if she can manage to bring some subtelty in the Dong Yi that this retelling wants to present...But about the fact that she considers it not a big deal if nobody knows is actually the way most people think in my opinion...Even Dong Pyung has been discussing what happened in Court with Jang Hyun ven thoung it's strictly forbidden, and even got money for it. Would you still consider him an evil character ? He has done more than anyone for the King so far, but it isn't all black or all white in Joseon and that's what the writer wants to tell us I think! Everyone has its own life to live and goal to suceed and has to trample on others from time to time to survive...

About Dong Pyung, I just realized that he love Ok Jung from very very far! He's not the typical second male lead who gets all depressed and can't do nothing when he doesn't get the girl. He's been hepling the King and really has no time to think about anything else. But I wonbder if it is a good thing he's so clueless about Ok Jung and the plan that's setting around her. SHE ALMOST MARRIED HIS OWN BROTHER! and will end up with his nephew and all that happenned without him having a single word to say about it. I feel for him
X_X

Guest sicknine

@flitflyzoom  :-SS @-) :-O So the father of Sejong so far has the most wives. Sukjung should learn from Taejong how he controll and manage all his wives in the palace :)) Thank you for the info :D

Guest Solin

About Sukbin...Even if we have no clue of the type of person she will be...from her short introduction, we can feel some immorality. However, I will be sad if they really decide to make her character be purely evil because I loved her so much in the drama 'Dong Yi' that it will be painful to see this angel turning devil. And I must admit that I don't want to see Ham beeing so evil lol.

I don't know about you guys... but from this opening and Episode 1 alone, I can tell that SB is really cunning and devious. She said in Episode 1 that she wants to be just like JOJ so imagine when JOJ becomes Queen, she's going to be so jealous, she'll do anything to become Queen too... except, she won't become Queen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1d_mkTPZEXE

I don't know if this has been brought up before (as I haven't checked each page), but has anyone read the novel this was based on? I wanted to try reading it before watching the drama but I'm a broke student so I didn't get to buy it. For anyone who has read it before, is it any good? So far I've seen mixed reviews on the internet--some say it's good, others say it isn't. I read one scene from the book while I was searching through the net though (might be spoilerish: the part where Lee Soon asks Ok-jung to die for him because it's his wish) and I was very intrigued to know whether that scene would make its way to the drama or not. The screenwriter for the drama is the very same author of the book, so I think she'll stick with her original story--I'm really anxious to know what happens in the novel so I can prepare myself for the drama!

Guest xtaeheex

Actor Lee Sang Yup,  “I Will Hit On Kim Tae Hee”

On April 1st, actor Lee Sang Yup attended the press conference for upcoming SBS drama, ‘Jang Ok Jung’ at Ilsan MVL Hotel in Gyeonggi. “I will play funny and sweet character in the drama. I will keep hitting on Kim Tae Hee”, Lee said with laughter during the interview. The first episode of ‘Jang Ok Jung’ will air on April 8.
msn video: http://video.xin.msn.com/?mkt=en-sg&vid=71a05489-5d06-4bfd-86db-3a02204d8fe7&from=sharepermalink&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:

I wonder about the novel too, so far I hear the writer is following the novel, if so, it's gonna be a sad ending. well not like we don't see it coming. *sigh* i'm sure i'll be a complete mess by the end of series. I might just give up when they're still happy so i can walk away with those memories. :(

Archived