SM AUDITION - New York

Guest Ella_Kwan

Guest mmitsjojo

0o0oo00o u were the 1 w/ the hat!!!!!!!!!!!

Me & my friend gloria was like WE LOVEEEEEEEEEEE YOUR HAT & WE WERE LIKE O0O00 WE WANT YOUR JACKET & U LOOK COOL!!!!!! LOLOLOL whats the odds! lolol u guys were cool!!!!!!!!!! lol

aliceeeee<3 GOOD LUCK TOMORROW =)

i`ll be here SUPPORTING YOU !

and this time those JUDGES BETTER call you :)

as those koreans say, aja aja fighting! :)

and as me chinese people say, jia you jia you jia you! :]

good luckkkkk :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AMAZiFiED *(:

I can`t believe I didnt come to this thread earlier. Well I could of

met up with some of you:) I was at the festival today, and it was so exciting ^^) I saw a lot of dancing, singing, and crazy talent. :]

Congratulations everyone D:

Guest xnjcx2008

Hey I was just wondering, Taku are you a bboy? or another type of dancing??

aaaaand DC'ers fighting!!! let's rip that place apart ;)

Guest Style.Taku

Hey I was just wondering, Taku are you a bboy? or another type of dancing??

aaaaand DC'ers fighting!!! let's rip that place apart ;)

Choreography of hip hop/street funk/pop. =] I'll learn how to bboy eventually when I get the body for it. xD

Wish I had some real training though, but it's all good. Passion + self-taught things should be good too.

You'll be dancing? Are you coming with us tomorrow? You should chill with us too!

Guest justjenn.

The Korean parade was kind of bleh, but the show was awesome >.< I walked in the parade, but I hated when we got near the end, cause the neighborhood suddenly got not so chic and a lot of gangsters there. Then one of the gangsters got a paper Korean flag and made fun of the parade by marching down the road, spreading his eyes back to make the stereotypical Asian eyes.

But all in all, it was nice. Got free food. I loved the traditional performances, the one with the small kids actually made me kind of tear up? Shh! It was cute okay >.< When the SM thing came up, I was soo ready to see how good these people were. And in the end...no offense...I was like...."What the hell..."

I'm glad to see two of my friends perform, but seeing the rest, I was like...Nothing special. Except this girl that sang Christina Aguilera's song, Ain't No Other Man. At first when I heard she was singing that, I was like what poor soul will try to attempt Christina Aguilera, especially such a small girl? But WOW...amazing. No stage presence, but her voice made up for all...she will definitely get a contract. This small girl did dancing. She wasn't bad. Most of her moves I recognized from different Korean music videos, and I was just naming where each dance move came from, from which video. This guy danced with a really nice medley of songs, but he moved like...a girl? It was kind of freaky at times, but nothing compared to Taku of course. The others sang. They had strong voices, but can't control it, so it sounded a tad bad. Only the small girl, Big Mama girl and the last guy were good. Which were the ones to win the prizes.

I saw Taku, Ella, and simply_dream (?) Couldn'y hear your name well, I was deaf. >.< Near the end, I was forced by my friends to go up on stage with Taku and some Tae Kwon Do girls to sing live. I was sooo not ready, I had a cold, throat was dry, and just frigid. Haha Taku was beside me thinking...what am I doing here...I don't sing...>.< The girls were debating so long what to sing, I just suddenly sang Only Hope since it was the easiest song right now and I knew the lyrics too. Bleh, I did badly.

I saw this...new upcoming singer sing. She CAN sing, but I don't like her voice. Very nasally and it annoyed my ears. But she was very pretty. Then saw these Korean Misses come up, once again, pretty, but when two of them danced, it was so corny and cute, but it's all good. The last performance was this new upcoming artist coming out in America, Kim Ji Hae. She has such a cool, sexy, jazzy voice, and her band was hot. The Koreans started leaving though and caucasians started trickling in >.< I got her signature and her CD that's not released yet. Also got a picture, she's soo pretty.

Anyways...that was the Korean Parade thing with the only relevance of this post being the SM people singing.

GOOD LUCK GUYS, WHO ARE GOING TO DC!!!!!

Guest smoothieex3

The Korean parade was kind of bleh, but the show was awesome >.< I walked in the parade, but I hated when we got near the end, cause the neighborhood suddenly got not so chic and a lot of gangsters there. Then one of the gangsters got a paper Korean flag and made fun of the parade by marching down the road, spreading his eyes back to make the stereotypical Asian eyes.

But all in all, it was nice. Got free food. I loved the traditional performances, the one with the small kids actually made me kind of tear up? Shh! It was cute okay >.< When the SM thing came up, I was soo ready to see how good these people were. And in the end...no offense...I was like...."What the hell..."

I'm glad to see two of my friends perform, but seeing the rest, I was like...Nothing special. Except this girl that sang Christina Aguilera's song, Ain't No Other Man. At first when I heard she was singing that, I was like what poor soul will try to attempt Christina Aguilera, especially such a small girl? But WOW...amazing. No stage presence, but her voice made up for all...she will definitely get a contract. This small girl did dancing. She wasn't bad. Most of her moves I recognized from different Korean music videos, and I was just naming where each dance move came from, from which video. This guy danced with a really nice medley of songs, but he moved like...a girl? It was kind of freaky at times, but nothing compared to Taku of course. The others sang. They had strong voices, but can't control it, so it sounded a tad bad. Only the small girl, Big Mama girl and the last guy were good. Which were the ones to win the prizes.

I saw Taku, Ella, and simply_dream (?) Couldn'y hear your name well, I was deaf. >.< Near the end, I was forced by my friends to go up on stage with Taku and some Tae Kwon Do girls to sing live. I was sooo not ready, I had a cold, throat was dry, and just frigid. Haha Taku was beside me thinking...what am I doing here...I don't sing...>.< The girls were debating so long what to sing, I just suddenly sang Only Hope since it was the easiest song right now and I knew the lyrics too. Bleh, I did badly.

I saw this...new upcoming singer sing. She CAN sing, but I don't like her voice. Very nasally and it annoyed my ears. But she was very pretty. Then saw these Korean Misses come up, once again, pretty, but when two of them danced, it was so corny and cute, but it's all good. The last performance was this new upcoming artist coming out in America, Kim Ji Hae. She has such a cool, sexy, jazzy voice, and her band was hot. The Koreans started leaving though and caucasians started trickling in >.< I got her signature and her CD that's not released yet. Also got a picture, she's soo pretty.

Anyways...that was the Korean Parade thing with the only relevance of this post being the SM people singing.

GOOD LUCK GUYS, WHO ARE GOING TO DC!!!!!

ooh can you post tup the pic???

Guest justjenn.

actually it is --;; 2 of my friends made it in to go to the performance and they told me it was the choosuk parade

You guys are both right and wrong. Today is "choosuk" in Korea aka Korean Thanksgiving. The "choosuk" the girl was talking about is the choosuk on Oct. 21 and 22. Today is official known in English the Korean Parade, but choosuk to Koreans. The actual choosuk event is later during this month on the stated dates above. People should go, the main character guy from the former popular drama "All In" is going to be there, the main character from the former popular drama "Stairway to Heaven" will ber there, Chae Yeon, Fly to the Sky, old singers, and more singers. Go go go!

hey guyzzzzzzz.......my number for the audition is #58

is there anyone in my row???

i never receive a phone call......so sad..... T-T

congrat to the pple who already receive the call.....so luckYYYYYYY

Hmm...I was #45, big girl singing Oh Holy Night and started trembling when I got near the high and loud part cause I was so nervous. I was wearing a blue shirt. I think you were sitting on the side when I was auditioning.

Guest miss':bella

"This guy danced with a really nice medley of songs, but he moved like...a girl? It was kind of freaky at times"

^

LOL.

Okay, first off, if you don't have good criticisms - don't say them.

I mean I'm his friend and he received lots of compliments once he went off stage.

These photographers even took pictures of him.

Don't try to put other people down.

Yeah, it's your own opinion, but keep it to yourself if it won't be of help to others.

-----------------------------

To those auditioning in DC AGAIN..

What are the chances they are going to pick up again if they didn't pick you the first time? o.O

I'm sure you guys gave it your all too. ^^

But, good luck.

Guest justjenn.

^ Hmm...nope, I can't say sorry about what I said. I just said what I thought. I didn't say he did horribly, I said it was good, but it was this and that. Nothing too atrocious. Maybe I should eleborate more, when I said "freaky" I meant he moved in a cool way that bewildered me. I was in a hurry to write the post so I didn't write much of how I truly felt. Just because he's your friend and you couldn't take it too well, doesn't mean I can't say what I feel. It's not like I'm really bringing him down. But, sorry if it really offended you. And photographers took pics of all the SM performers. You want a compliment for him? He moves very well and has great timing. Great taste in music too. Happy? Sincerely though, he did.

Since someone requested for pics, these were the only ones I got. Sorry if they aren't great, I took them with my cell.

Photo0274.jpg

This is Kim Ji Hae. She might look weird here cause I took it while she was talking to me.

Photo0266.jpg

Traditional dancing

Photo0267.jpg

A very popular broadway singer. She went crazy high. Brava.

Photo0268.jpg

More.

Photo0269.jpg

Traditional dancing again.

Photo0270.jpg

The upcoming singer with the nasally voice, but sings well.

Photo0271.jpg

Again.

Photo0272.jpg

Kim Ji Hae singing.

Photo0273.jpg

Again.

Sorry, that's all I had. Enjoy~

Guest miss':bella

LOL.

^ Sorry. I miscomprehended. He really wants this. I feel very sorry that only singers won the awards. HAHA

Back in Cali, only dancers won the awards I heard. ^^

Oh well. It's not like they are all out now. SM now just has to review the tapes back in KOREA.

FIGHTING <3

Guest justjenn.

^ Eh, it's okay. I read over my post, and I suppose it did seem a bit harsh since I quickly went over the event without mentioning much of the good side of the performers. But although he did seem girly to me (maybe because he was so skinny, how I envy him), he moves very well. Some were awesome. I hope he makes it some day. I liked his shirt too haha.

Oh yeah, the CD and signature. The CD's like this because it's not released yet, they're still working on the design of the album. I listened to the songs, they're very nice, songs I would listen to in a cafe or something. Woot, I am one of the first to receive the album songs~ She might actually succeed in America really well since her performance attracted a lot of caucasians. She speaks English and Korean very well and she's super nice. She's not the stereotypical drop dead gorgeous, she's the down to earth, elegant, jazzy pretty. Slim and tall too, like....5'9"? Her drum player was cute...wish I took a pic of him xP Sorry, the den's kind of messy.

Photo0275.jpg

Photo0276.jpg

This is the signature. It's on the envelope giving to me for a discount at a hair salon. 30$ off, woo hoo~

And that's that.

Jenn~ =D Thanks for sharing your parade experience xD. Hha =O It was fun to read <3.

Haha T__T; I wish I was theree;; =O And you sangg again O_O~ cooool T^T. I bet you did finee~

Wait O_O So.. Kim Ji Hae.. is debuting here? O____O. =O! I hope she does well O_O Where is she.. from? like. I mean O_O her English is good.. is she from here? did she train in Korea? haha fun (?) pictures too~

XD anywayy =O.

!!! Wait. Main character from StH.. Kwon Sang Woo?! or Choi Ji Woo?! sokjapgojkasgt taishfgoiahg i want to gooooooooaksfphafsohsa flytotheskyyyyyyyy T^TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT and LJH~~~ <3 + Chaeyeon and BJY aoisfjhoasf T__T. Wait O_O Do you know the exact date that theyre coming? like. 21st or 22nd? (I should probably ask this in the chooseok festival thread but yeh.)

And O_O I already said this in the DC thread, but good luck to NYers who are auditioning again in DC. <3 good luck!

Guest xnjcx2008

Taku: hehe no i won't be dancing, i'm singing. But you must be awesome if you caught their attention haha

and I would love to hang out with you guys IF i can make it today... there is 30 minutes till three and i dont have a ride!! T.T

Guest simply_dream

@ hayonju: were u the girl in the sweater and the stripped beanie? OMG i loved ur outfit haha, i kept saying i wanted it XD u guys danced really good! and it was very, urm, refreshing? *i dont know haha*... because we just sat there and listened to ajumma sing *even tho they were good*

@ justjenn: OMG! yea! we left cause of the caucasian LMAO! but u got her autograph and cd! that's awesome!!! yes and simply_dream, THAT'S ME! haha i agree with u about the girl who sang ain't no other man, the girl and guy who danced, YOU SAID EVERYTHING I WANTED TO SAY!!! haha, we have common ground =) AND I THOUGHT U SANG REALLY WELL on stage haha... taku was like 'oh god' LOL and that singing with the nasally voice, WOAH damn she's loud lol i was like to im tokki.. i like her blings LMAO!!! but she's really pretty and i think she sings pretty well haha

i was screaming the lyrics to the caucasian guy on stage because he couldnt rmb it HAHA, me and taku knew the lyrics way better than him LOL but he had stage presence alright XD those tae kwon do girls were haha, i dont even know the word to describe em LOL, and woot! i got daekboki for $5, unlike some people who got it for $7 haha!!! i been wanting to taste it for the longest time, and it's really good *totally off topic, but yea LOL*

Guest IM TOKKI

^ gloria: Is justjen the girl who sang on stage with taku?????

Out of the ten that performed yesterday, in my opinion, only about three really impressed me. The dancers were....a big disappointment. I was expecting pro, sharp moves. eh. This girl belted out a very sad korean song- very good!!!! This good looking korean guy (the last one to sing) was pretty good and had a nice voice. The winner who sang "ain't no other man" was gooood. Right on pitch and rhythm. She def deserved it.

Oh, i forgot. The white dude Sean Relly really worked the stage. The crowd was so hyped, esp the little fangirls in the corner. His korean sounded hideous but he was hot and great =))

You guys can see when ella_kwan uploads!!!! You can see what standards sm set for these ten KOREAN kids =)) Oh i'm so bitter x)

Guest hayonju

@ hayonju: were u the girl in the sweater and the stripped beanie? OMG i loved ur outfit haha, i kept saying i wanted it XD u guys danced really good! and it was very, urm, refreshing? *i dont know haha*... because we just sat there and listened to ajumma sing *even tho they were good*

haha :D yep.. that was me. i thought my outfit wouldn't be as good cause i wore so baggy than everybody else in our team x] we like HAD to do the ajumma song cause of the joo boo ga yo where all the ahjummas sing.. we thought all ahjummas would come (;

im still working on my dance.. and want to audition again 8]

i don't really belong in that team cause they're all aerobic people.. im other~ haha but its fun x]

Oh, i forgot. The white dude Sean Relly really worked the stage. The crowd was so hyped, esp the little fangirls in the corner. His korean sounded hideous but he was hot and great =))

You guys can see when ella_kwan uploads!!!! You can see what standards sm set for these ten KOREAN kids =)) Oh i'm so bitter x)

!!! Omigsohh =O. I was talking to Sylvia and we were looking at the 10 performers list... I asked her what the last guy's name was.. I was like.. Sean Relly? Sean Rael Lee? Rally? ... And I was ilke.. maybe he's half? or he could be adopted... BUT HE WAS CAUCASIAN? @_@. But ye =O From the bit that you added, Michelle, Im really eager to see the performances xD.

Archived