24 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Shin Eun-soo in talks to act as Jang Hyuk's daughter in MBC's 'Bad Papa'

http://news1.kr/articles/?3330222

Thank you for the article. 

I thought the daughter in Bad Papa would be younger.

I imagined it would be something like in  'Two weeks' or 'Punch'. This is far from my imagination. 

but Let's see..

• Like 3

Most of the commentators like both JH and LJH but in this drama everybody thinks DCS is more charming. I too think same way. It's not about being biased but about choice.

I thought the girl would be 7-8 years old but this girl is 15 years old. I'm fine as long the drama is good but don't typecast JH in papa roles after this. I wonder if he also has a wife.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Ya I saw that too that’s why I’m saying cannot be everyone is bias lol

oh news of ‘bad papa’!

this girl looks like early 20s haha!

She was born in 2002, same age as my elder daughter haha...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, nyk said:

Thank you for the article. 

I though the daughter in Bad Papa would be younger.

I imagined it would be something like in  'Two weeks' or 'Punch'. This is far from my imagination. 

but Let's see..

I also thought it would be like in Two Weeks. But the girl is all grown up. I think it's the first time for JH to have a teenage daughter in a movie/drama? Am I right? From the article itself, it sounds like he already accepted the role. :D

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I thought the girl would be 7-8 years old but this girl is 15 years old. I'm fine as long the drama is good but don't typecast JH in papa roles after this. I wonder if he also has a wife.

Yeah according to earlier synopsis, he does have a wife

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

She was born in 2002, same age as my elder daughter haha...

Wow! your daughter is quiet big. I was a kid in 2002.

6 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

I also thought it would be like in Two Weeks. But the girl is all grown up. I think it's the first time for JH to have a teenage daughter in a movie/drama? Am I right? From the article itself, it sounds like he already accepted the role. :D

It's actually 1st time he'll have  a daughter. But isn't this a  bit similiar to his movie role having a teenage daughter and being a fighter.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

It's actually 1st time he'll have  a daughter. But isn't this a  bit similiar to his movie role having a teenage daughter and being a fighter.

Oh yeah. Bom was not his daughter in Thank You. Lol. 

You mean swordsman? Oh right.. he also has a daughter and he is a fighter. Sword VS boxing gloves. :D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Oh yeah. Bom was not his daughter in Thank You. Lol. 

You mean swordsman? Oh right.. he also has a daughter and he is a fighter. Sword VS boxing gloves. :D

Soon Dae and Mi Reu were also not his daughters. If we leave Voice aside then it's the first time he'll play a dad. But I was looking forward to a cute father-daughter relationship not an angsty teenager's dysfunctional relationship with her downtrodden dad. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

21 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Soon Dae and Mi Reu were also not his daughters. If we leave Voice aside then it's the first time he'll play a dad. But I was looking forward to a cute father-daughter relationship not an angsty teenager's dysfunctional relationship with her downtrodden dad. 

Well I guess it's gonna be angsty, after all this is not a comedy

35 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

The difference is this time he is not blind haha

• LOL 4

38 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Well I guess it's gonna be angsty, after all this is not a comedy

The difference is this time he is not blind haha

I thought his daughter will give him solace in the angst but looks like she'll add more misery to his life.

But this way the role will be more challenging for Hyukie. He has kids but they are still young. Even he won't know how to deal with the angsty teenagers.

We already have more casting news for Bad Papa but how come we haven't heard anything about Swordsman?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I watched this knowing JH is not getting the girl. Honestly I felt so much more with DCS kiss than Chef kiss and I don’t think is just bias. I would love to ship them! Hahaha! Who knows? Maybe that has been the writer’s intention, the real OTP we all thought is not the real OTP. DSW in press con said she don’t know who is she ending up with ??

idk why I just felt that there are certain things I can’t say in the other thread lol don’t want to offend anyone , perhaps better to stay here.

Haha, I'm with you.  That's why I write most of my comments here :wink:

After watching this with subs, I can practically melt with this kiss.  It got so much feels in it! Though its DCS who initiate the kiss, but DSW didn't resist it, and seems to savor the moment.  As a woman myself,  I know it meant something.  And DCS is so precious here, thinking of all others (the ledger, the gang and DSW) but himself even though he's injured. 

Awww, I want the girl to love him back!  He deserved her love!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Look at the number of 'likes' relating to CS's comments vs the opposite. I don't think JH has so many die-hard fans in Korea to sway the numbers that much. Most of the netizens are really simple unbiased viewers who just feel what they see on screen.

Yaa, so I'm not bias, JH is really nailing this, not only in a otherwise bland drama, but also his chemistry with the girl.  His eyes when he looked at DSW before his kiss.... haizzz, he's killing them all with his eyes.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

Haha, I'm with you.  That's why I write most of my comments here :wink:

After watching this with subs, I can practically melt with this kiss.  It got so much feels in it! Though its DCS who initiate the kiss, but DSW didn't resist it, and seems to savor the moment.  As a woman myself,  I know it meant something.  And DCS is so precious here, thinking of all others (the ledger, the gang and DSW) but himself even though he's injured. 

Awww, I want the girl to love him back!  He deserved her love!

Yeah DCS is really a very kind man even though he is a gangster. And I read somewhere that it is certainly a role which has been elevated beyond what’s written on paper coz the actor plays it so well. That’s our Hyukie man! I don’t really mind whether CS gets the girl or not in the end as long as the chatacter remains good and JH continues to receive love and praises from all haha... 

4 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

Yaa, so I'm not bias, JH is really nailing this, not only in a otherwise bland drama, but also his chemistry with the girl.  His eyes when he looked at DSW before his kiss.... haizzz, he's killing them all with his eyes.  

Hence the top comment with more than 1000 likes 

• Like 3

Yes it no longer matters he is 2nd lead, is the performance of the actor. He will probably leave a more lasting impression on the viewers than any other cast.

And that’s why in an interview he said, he has been lucky to be casted as main lead all these years, going forward, he will not just look at lead role but other interesting role. Roles that can let him express himself well. 

My daughtjer is only 4 haha.

ya what is happennng to Swordsman?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

DCS looked so hurt and dejected :( 

I believe it was what DSW told him

in the hospital .... my heart aches for him even without subs!

I just watched it raw. I'm hearing a lot of Poong's name in their conversation. He looks very hurt. Poor DCS. :(

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Was it after DSW spoke with him at the hospital?

Yes, and he didn’t smile at all in these 2 episodes - DCS and his broken heart.

To me, it’s not just that. I felt that the drama became boring when DCS is not there. His minions were also interesting but not so much of them in todays’ episodes too. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Yes, and he didn’t smile at all in these 2 episodes - DCS and his broken heart.

To me, it’s not just that. I felt that the drama became boring when DCS is not there. His minions were also interesting but not so much of them in todays’ episodes too. 

I think I just saw 15 to 20 seconds of him on episode 16. Lol. I skipped and skipped since it's raw. It's pretty clear who the OTP is. I think on the preview last night when she said it was warm and comfortable, she was talking about Poong's hug. And maybe she told DCS that she likes Poong. That's why DCS looks so broken hearted. Just my guess. Hope I am right so DCS can finally move on. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

I think I just saw 15 to 20 seconds of him on episode 16. Lol. I skipped and skipped since it's raw. It's pretty clear who the OTP is. I think on the preview last night when she said it was warm and comfortable, she was talking about Poong's hug. And maybe she told DCS that she likes Poong. That's why DCS looks so broken hearted. Just my guess. Hope I am right so DCS can finally move on. 

U can understand Korean? 

I dont understand a single word , can only make out from their body language.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kohnlee said:

U can understand Korean? 

I dont understand a single word , can only make out from their body language.

I don't hehe. But after watching so many kdramas I can understand some words I think. The words I understood were: kiss, then she mentioned Poong then she said the word "like". Then when DCS was alone he said "Poong.. Why poong (then something I can't make out)" lol. Im just guessing.

But one thing's for sure. I keep hearing the word "like". 

Still have to wait for the subs. I wonder how the knetz are doing. They should now shift to the real OTP now to avoid disappointment with the loveline. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1