26 minutes ago, budgerie said:

You don't like tall actress? I don't get it, why do people comment that JH is short? I thought his height is reasonable. But these days people are growing taller is it? 

I don't have any problem with tall actresses. I won't even mind if he is paired with actresses taller than him.:lol:

Someone in this thread mentioned that Sooyoung is too tall for him so I made lighthearted remark about his height.:D

His real life wife herself looked quiet tall in the wedding video. Koreans are relatively taller than their neighbours.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I don't know is it korea or japan that these girls like to use cute cute makeup stuff. Tie a big bow ribbon on top of their head. B)

Wear laced socks, have photoshoots with slightly parted lips and pointed toes, wear micro school skirts etc. It's deliberate.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

It's not like one fine day all of Korean women started drinking strawberry milk to give birth to 'sweeter' looking boys.

You know, I didn't even know about strawberry milk story for movie THORN. I was wondering why the girl drank so much of that. :grimace:

16 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

His real life wife herself looked quiet tall in the wedding video. Koreans are relatively taller than their neighbours.

I read that a ballerina needs a minimum height requirement of 167cm. Long neck, long arms and long legs. Weight between 85 and 130lbs. Broad shoulder, small hip, small breast and buttock, high instep, high arch. :expressionless:Trying to imagine his wife as the ballerina. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I read that a ballerina needs a minimum height requirement of 167cm. Long neck, long arms and long legs. Weight between 85 and 130lbs. Broad shoulder, small hip, small breast and buttock, high instep, high arch. :expressionless:Trying to imagine his wife as the ballerina. 

His wife was a ballerina?

I think 'ideal' height for a ballerina was relatively shorter. But woman of varied shape and size perform ballet these days.

Probably because modern women are much more taller due to better nutrition.

8 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

His wife was a ballerina?

I think 'ideal' height for a ballerina was relatively shorter. But woman of varied shape and size perform ballet these days.

Probably because modern women are much more taller due to better nutrition.

JH in interviews will say dancer. Some article say ballerina. Some article say dancer. And when she isn't dancing, she teaches jazz/pilates at the gymn. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

So what is she?

According to what is written in articles. Ballerina + Dancer + Dance Teacher (chinese article is Dance Teacher). :sweat_smile:But I guess you have to be a Dancer first to be able to be a Dance Teacher am I right?  

You know, if you search Jang Hyuk - Wikipedia, can't they use a more handsome photo? It's a photo of Bad Papa which we couldn't stand the hairstyle. 

I wonder if the Book he wrote, will it have English translation by now? 

• LOL 1

According to what is written in articles. Ballerina + Dancer + Dance Teacher (chinese article is Dance Teacher). :sweat_smile:But I guess you have to be a Dancer first to be able to be a Dance Teacher am I right?  

by now? 

Realistically speaking she could be all of it. I wonder if she still dances.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

You know, if you search Jang Hyuk - Wikipedia, can't they use a more handsome photo? It's a photo of Bad Papa which we couldn't stand the hairstyle. 

I think anyone can change it. Because it’s an open platform and anyone can contribute/update the information! But I’m not sure if they restrict it to certain people per page or not. 

31 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

What happened to his fan?! poor bloody fan... :tears: I wonder what JH is saying, seems like he's being his funny usual self, bringing laughter to the set... :)

Is it blood stain or is it the design I couldn't tell! But I could see some holes in it. :lol: Seems like Director-nim is pretty a nice man. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

Hahaha! At first I was wondering if I was watching Yi Bang Won or I was watching some uncensured show in EOL. :sweat_smile: I think what he meant was he stood his ground regarding those terms. I don't think he literally argued as in loud arguments. JH was never known for raising his voice. But there is always a 1st time.  Lol.

He said arguments and I think that's what he meant. I think what we have seen of him, is very carefully controlled by JH. He's very easy going, but to a point. I recently saw an old interview he did with his very good friend Shin Seung Hwan in the show HWASIN: CONTROLLER OF THE HEART (ep 15), and Kim Ji Suk from Chuno was also there. I really recommend it, but sadly in the version I saw the second part wasn't translated.

Anyway, I was surprised by some of the new details that it revealed about JH. We're used to think of him as easy going and very hard to offend, but in this interview you saw a slightly different side :). We know that JH is a very good friend, and that he will take care of his friends, but you also saw how worried his friend was that he will make JH angry- at one point he actually asked JH not to turn his back on him during the interview, because he thought he made JH angry. He also talked about things that will make JH angry, which means an angry JH is not as rare as we thought.

On set JH said he made the decision to be as pleasant as he can, so that people will want to work again with him, but it doesn't mean that he is a push over. One of the MC's said that he saw BTS footage from Chuno in which he saw the martial art director say what he wanted for a certain fight scene, and JH immediately objected (did any of you see that footage? I don't think I have...). JH explained it and said that they agreed on him having control over his action scenes in advance. He said that he discusses his demands for a show before he accepts a project. So, if a director comes to him with something he didn't agree to- he will object. Pleasantly, but he will assert himself. 

• Like 2

He looked sad here. Is it the Crown Prince installation? 

You havent watched ep 10?

Feel free to change it to one that you like 

44 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I think anyone can change it. Because it’s an open platform and anyone can contribute/update the information! But I’m not sure if they restrict it to certain people per page or not. 

No they don't restrict but you have to meet the copyright rules. I always find it very hard to change pictures of celebrities because whatever  I enter, I always cannot get past the copyright thingee, so I just leave it.

• Like 1

Jane on IG gave an explanation what is happening in the fan scene from the BTS :)

jane17827

Making - 나의 나라 ep.10

Why Yi Bangwon didn’t open up his fan... because there were holes on it. Hahahaha.
So he already asked to replace the old one to a black colored fan, which we already saw in the episode 10.

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

He said arguments and I think that's what he meant. I think what we have seen of him, is very carefully controlled by JH. He's very easy going, but to a point.

Very much agree! He is a big actor on screen but he is also human. Which human doesn't have temperaments. What we see is the flawless and faultless JH in front of the camera. What his good friends see are the other side of JH not visible to fans. What his wife see is the real JH that is only exclusive to his family members. :sweat_smile: When he was asked what bad habits or faults he has, he answered - ask his wife.  

I recently saw an old interview he did with his very good friend Shin Seung Hwan in the show HWASIN: CONTROLLER OF THE HEART (ep 15), and Kim Ji Suk from Chuno was also there. I really recommend it, but sadly in the version I saw the second part wasn't translated.

Anyway, I was surprised by some of the new details that it revealed about JH. We're used to think of him as easy going and very hard to offend, but in this interview you saw a slightly different side :). We know that JH is a very good friend, and that he will take care of his friends, but you also saw how worried his friend was that he will make JH angry- at one point he actually asked JH not to turn his back on him during the interview, because he thought he made JH angry. He also talked about things that will make JH angry, which means an angry JH is not as rare as we thought.

What are the things that will make JH angry? I cannot remember if I watched this.   

On set JH said he made the decision to be as pleasant as he can, so that people will want to work again with him, but it doesn't mean that he is a push over. One of the MC's said that he saw BTS footage from Chuno in which he saw the martial art director say what he wanted for a certain fight scene, and JH immediately objected (did any of you see that footage? I don't think I have...). JH explained it and said that they agreed on him having control over his action scenes in advance. He said that he discusses his demands for a show before he accepts a project. So, if a director comes to him with something he didn't agree to- he will object. Pleasantly, but he will assert himself. 

I think he wants to have a control on his action scene because he is the one doing it, not anyone else. Plus he is someone who is skilled in martial arts. He knows what can be done or cannot be done. I think he has a strong willed personality. People with self discipline are (mostly) like this. 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

You havent watched ep 10?

Feel free to change it to one that you like 

Oh! I thought is new stills for episode 11. Hahaha! Court garments can be worn many times so I thought it was for next episode. 

Are you joking me? To be able to put up Pil Joo picture on my profile is already an achievement. I was worried if I can't do it, @azureblue7is going to think I am such a bad "student". Hahaha! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1