3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Anyone noticed the difference in the new drama's news? So now is it the serial killer who was thought dead or the detective ??

Yes I saw it too! https://www.soompi.com/article/1339582wpp/jang-hyuk-sooyoung-and-jin-seo-yeon-receive-offers-to-star-in-upcoming-crime-thriller

Now it is the serial killer who thought the  detective was dead.

Maybe the detective was involved in the investigation of the case involving the serial killer and he/she was about to solve it when an accident happened to him/her? Or the killer tried to kill the detective as she/he has seen his/her face?  I have this feeling that Sooyoung will play the detective and Hyuk will play either the killer or profiler.. 

17 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes I saw it too! https://www.soompi.com/article/1339582wpp/jang-hyuk-sooyoung-and-jin-seo-yeon-receive-offers-to-star-in-upcoming-crime-thriller

Maybe the detective was involved in the investigation of the case involving the serial killer and he/she was about to solve it when an accident happened to him/her? Or the killer tried to kill the detective as she/he has seen his/her face?  I have this feeling that Sooyoung will play the detective and Hyuk will play either the killer or profiler.. 

I don't think he will play villanious roles in two back to back dramas.  Only part I'm worried about is the 'tempramental'.:sweatingbullets:

Hoping the character would be 'eccentric' like stated in earlier article. 

I would be happy if it turns out to be 'funny'.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Actually by the title of the show 'Say what you see' - I think the detective is the main character, coz he/she is the one with the photographic memory.

• Like 1

Why do the cops need to have something "super" about them? In Voice it was the super human hearing (which proved to be completely useless in the show), and here it's photogenic memory... why can't it be just a very good, savvy cop? That's interesting enough... I mean, in Deep Rooted Tree the girl having photogenic memory was central to the story, so I wonder if in this new show it also has a special purpose, maybe something like in Psych? 

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't think he will play villanious roles in two back to back dramas.  Only part I'm worried about is the 'tempramental'.:sweatingbullets:

Hoping the character would be 'eccentric' like stated in earlier article. 

I would be happy if it turns out to be 'funny'.

I don't know OCN well enough- are they capable of doing 'funny'? Seeing Jang Hyuk doing an eccentric, funny character would be absolute heaven...

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't know OCN well enough- are they capable of doing 'funny'? Seeing Jang Hyuk doing an eccentric, funny character would be absolute heaven...

They mostly do crime dramas but sometimes they are quiet hillarious. 

I didn't mean outright comedy.

Why is JH's ig on private mode?

• Like 1

News of the new drama by Dramabeans :

Jang Hyuk, Sooyoung, and Jin Seo-yeon being courted for new OCN thriller
by stroopwafel

OCN has confirmed that they’ve offered roles to Jang Hyuk (Bad Papa), Sooyoung (Miss & Mrs. Cops), and Jin Seo-yeon (Believer) in their upcoming thriller, Say What You Saw. The drama will follow the trio as they chase down a serial killer.

Though we’ll have to wait for more details on the plot and characters, we do know who’ll be coming together to form the creative team for Say What You Saw. The creator behind the show is Kim Hong-sun, the PD of Voice and The Guest . PD Lee Joon-hyung is set to direct (God’s Quiz 1). The writing will fall to two writers, Go Young-jae (Runway Cop) and Han Gi-hyun (Feathers in the Wind). Speaking of Go Young-jae, she’s also the writer behind the as yet unreleased drama, Love Like a Person.

I’m not familiar with Sooyoung or Jin Seo-yeon’s work as actors, so I don’t know if I should be excited or not. As for Jang Hyuk, he does scary and unbalanced so well that I’m half disappointed he’ll be playing the part of the chaser rather than the chased. Without divulging any plot points, all I have to say is, if you haven’t seen him in the 2011 film The Client, you are missing out.

OCN has not determined a broadcast date.

ocn_jhsysy.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/jang-hyuk-sooyoung-and-jin-seo-yeon-being-courted-for-new-ocn-thriller/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

He changed it a few months ago, I dunno why though. I am just glad he didn't kick the existing followers out, phew...

It's funny. His public account is on private mode or maybe he doesn't know. Lols

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

They mostly do crime dramas but sometimes they are quiet hillarious. 

I didn't mean outright comedy.

Looking at the list of shows from OCN, I've only seen Voice, The guest and Black. Of those three, the only show that I liked was Black. Besides having a great plot, that show was actually funny and had a little bit of romance there, but now I see that the creator behind the show is the PD of Voice and The Guest, which is disappointing to me. If you look at both those shows, they have essentially the same story structure, no humor and no romance... oh, well... and Considering Kim Jae Wook appeared in both shows, should we expect him to join the cast soon?

So if the three are going to chase the serial killer, we have one character missing... I guess the third will be related to a victim or a victim him/her-self. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Looking at the list of shows from OCN, I've only seen Voice, The guest and Black. Of those three, the only show that I liked was Black. Besides having a great plot, that show was actually funny and had a little bit of romance there, but now I see that the creator behind the show is the PD of Voice and The Guest, which is disappointing to me. If you look at both those shows, they have essentially the same story structure, no humor and no romance... oh, well... and Considering Kim Jae Wook appeared in both shows, should we expect him to join the cast soon?

So if the three are going to chase the serial killer, we have one character missing... I guess the third will be related to a victim or a victim him/her-self. 

You mean director?

Kim Hong sun also directed Black apart from  Voice and Guest. It solely depends upon the writer. I don't like too dark dramas.

I think PDs of this drmaa are different. KHS is just creative director or producer?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

You mean director?

I don't know. I just took info from the last article posted above. They wrote Kim Hong sun is "the creator behind the show", whatever that means. 

29 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Kim Hong sun also directed Black apart from  Voice and Guest. It solely depends upon the writer.

Hearing he also directed Black makes me hopeful again :) So I guess we need to know who is going to be the writer of the show. In the article posted by Prettysup it's said "The writing will fall to two writers, Go Young-jae (Runway Cop) and Han Gi-hyun (Feathers in the Wind). Speaking of Go Young-jae, she’s also the writer behind the as yet unreleased drama, Love Like a Person." 

"Runway cop" is a comedy and actually looks hilarious! I'm even more hopeful... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

You mean director?

Kim Hong sun also directed Black apart from  Voice and Guest. It solely depends upon the writer. I don't like too dark dramas.

I think PDs of this drmaa are different. KHS is just creative director or producer?

Kim Hong Sun is joining the team as a creator. The director is Lee Joon-hyung who directed God's quiz season 1.

• Like 1

Woohoo I am so excited that I went to create a thread on it, though I am very sure it will be locked soon as the cast has not yet been confirmed hahaha.. But i am quite sure our Hyukie will accept it as it is the type he likes esp the eccentric role.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

now I see that the creator behind the show is the PD of Voice and The Guest, which is disappointing to me. If you look at both those shows, they have essentially the same story structure, no humor and no romance... oh, well... and Considering Kim Jae Wook appeared in both shows, should we expect him to join the cast soon?

Ohh, that would be great if Kim Jae-wook joined. It's like a reunion with Jang Hyuk after Voice, if both of them sign on.

Speaking of that, I'm watching Jang Hyuk in Voice and he's doing great. He suits these types of gritty, hardcore dramas, and I like him as a weather-beaten cop. He was also excellent in The Client. I didn't know he changed his IG to private mode, though, it's a pity.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the interview on good parenting @azureblue7 & also the red carpet interview.

Indeed looks like he's spending quality time with his kids. Is a good papa indeed. And finally get to know what they were talking about at the red carpet when LMS smacked his arms. Lol...

I'm just wild guessing, could it be he didn't want negative comments on his IG that's why he switched it to private. Although I don't think any true fans of his would leave a bad comment but nowadays keyboard warriors can be rather scary & quick to comment about everything & anything negatively or imposing their thoughts on the actor's private life or even having a quarrel between fans. :expressionless:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, budgerie said:

they were talking about at the red carpet when LMS smacked his arms. Lol...

Yes! I have always wondered why he was smacked..hahah.

15 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I'm just wild guessing, could it be he didn't want negative comments on his IG that's why he switched it to private. Although I don't think any true fans of his would leave a bad comment but nowadays keyboard warriors can be rather scary & quick to comment about everything & anything negatively or imposing their thoughts on the actor's private life or even having a quarrel between fans. 

Well..maybe.. just hope he will post more after the drama ends.

And it seems that the movie information for Swordsman has been updated on the KOFIC website (KOFIC is a special corporation under the Korean Government's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. )

KOFIC's data can only be updated by the director (or the person in charge of production), so 
it is nice to know that you can know the most accurate movie progress and others here. ( Information from Zoi's blog at https://1janghyuk.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-10940.html

Hopefully it means it will be released sometime this year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1