35 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

That movie is a mess, but the man is beautiful.  JH is sexy in this movie even just standing there doing nothing.  I'll rewatch this movie when I'm feeling:Cornykiss:lol.... 

Our Lee gun and yoo gun are very beautiful too lol. The only JH movie I've rewatched is Windstruck. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, rats! Though considering the director is the director of Voice, not sure I want JH to be cast to any of the roles- 

So baffled! Why would he not choose JH? Though I don’t necessarily like his works, he did express admiration for JH and this is also a rather high profile show, so I’m just slightly bummed. Wonder if JH will get a second male lead role (though I hope not). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

So baffled! Why would he not choose JH? Though I don’t necessarily like his works, he did express admiration for JH and this is also a rather high profile show, so I’m just slightly bummed. Wonder if JH will get a second male lead role (though I hope not). 

Considering this is a rather big production, the casting was probably out of the director's control, no? I haven't seen the original show, but doesn't it consist of a rather large cast, with several different stories going on, with several main characters? I've seen several posts saying that JH suits the role of Helsinki. has anyone here seen the original show?

Edit: checked a clip of the original show and Helsinki is a big guy with a beard :) well, JH doesn't fits this character physically, but he seems like an emotional intense guy. Maybe that's why people think about JH might fit that character.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Oh dear!:confounded:

On the 20th of August the, news  reported that Park Tae-joon, webtoon writer  , was confirmed with Corona 19 virus.

In response, Park Tae-jun's management company Sidus HQ admitted, "It is true that Park Tae-joon was confirmed," and said that it is currently following the measures of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In particular, as Park Tae-joon belongs to Sidus HQ, where many actors such as Jang Hyeok, Kim Hae-neul, and Oh Yeon-seo. This made one worry about the safety of the actors.

Source:https://m.etoday.co.kr/view.php?idxno=1931729

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 3

5 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

You should give a chance to Searching for the Elephant. It's seriously strange stuff but just in case you are in mood of something 'DIFFERENT...  :sweats:

You can also watch Maybe. It's more like a television movie/one episode tv drama but JH is quiet sweet in this. :doggie:

I think his short movie His Concern can also be considered watchable. :idk:

If you are suffering from JH withdrawal and don't feel like repeating his other dramas then these movies can be better choice for you. 

I've seen all his movies except Zzang and Public Toilet? I think they are watchable only because JH is the actor. Searching for the Elephant is seriously weird, i agree with you. I don't quite appreciate his choice of "artistic" movies. :P I think I've exhausted his rather handful rewatchable dramas too especially FTLY. Lol. He'd better come back to dramaland soon. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ding77 said:

I've seen all his movies except Zzang and Public Toilet? I think they are watchable only because JH is the actor. Searching for the Elephant is seriously weird, i agree with you. I don't quite appreciate his choice of "artistic" movies. :P I think I've exhausted his rather handful rewatchable dramas too especially FTLY. Lol. He'd better come back to dramaland soon. 

This is where you see how tastes vary- I personally dislike Windstruck, but really like Penthouse elephant- rewatched it several times, as I think it was a really interesting role for JH. Would love to see him portray a similar character again, maybe in a plot that is more focused on that character, and less on the disgusting friends and sister :) I also like Maybe (rewatched it several times. Still don't understand the deal with the lizard :) ), The Client, Ordinary person and even Empire of lust. I think Innocent thing is the movie I least like. 

• Like 4

@Biology Lesson Wasn’t the lizard only because the woman had a scar that looked like a lizard? It might be some kind of symbolism too

I also appreciated Searching for the elephant. Its a weird movie but I liked his role, very vulnerable, some visuals too. His part of the story seemed like a weird dream. 

@Ding77 To me there’s much more rewatchable dramas from JH than of any other actor Ive followed. Its really rare to have more than one brilliant character/show in one single actor’s career and who doesn’t even do much movies. Ive rewatched Thank You, Robbers (a million times) FTLY (many times) Midas, TWDR, Chuno (many times), Beautiful Mind (many times) Money Flower and I will rewatch My Country because I love Bangwon

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Wasn’t the lizard only because the woman had a scar that looked like a lizard? It might be some kind of symbolism too

I also appreciated Searching for the elephant. Its a weird movie but I liked his role, very vulnerable, some visuals too. His part of the story seemed like a weird dream. 

@Ding77 To me there’s much more rewatchable dramas from JH than of any other actor Ive followed. Its really rare to have more than one brilliant character/show in one single actor’s career and who doesn’t even do much movies. Ive rewatched Thank You, Robbers (a million times) FTLY (many times) Midas, TWDR, Chuno (many times), Beautiful Mind (many times) Money Flower and I will rewatch My Country because I love Bangwon

Yes, I think it's the scar the woman had. Actually, I only watched JH 's scenes in The Elephant. 

Ahh Robbers must be your fav! :lol:Coming to think about that, it's true. He does have more rewatchable dramas than most actors though he's the only actor I follow so closely. You are right there, I'm just being too greedy about JH. Lol. I've never rewatched TWDR and MF so far. MF is too sad for me, PJ is so lonely. Oh Joon had Dal rae & Soon dae, PJ is all alone. :tears: I love BW too, he seriously rocked that character, badass sexy BW but I don't think I'll rewatch that one, too much ff to do. Lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Actually, kdrama might slowly be evolving.  Yesterday, I saw Flower of Evil and they even had a sex scene. Although, I think in Korean culture it's tougher and more complicated overall between couples with intimate scenes or just even interactions.  I mean even with just splitting Perilla leaves for someone of the opposite sex was something to debate about like you shouldn't, but like in the US we wouldn't even think anything of it.

I think jap culture is more "open" than k culture. I'm just guessing. Cos I ever saw jap movie & they're more sexual than what you see in k movie. 

14 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, I'm not talking about the scenes in kdramas in this case, but about the comfort level of the actresses themselves. I remember watching Hotel Del Luna, and I noticed that during the kiss scenes, while the actress was engaged in the kiss, you could see her entire body arching away from the actor. She was very clearly uncomfortable during those scenes.

I ever read in articles (many years back when HK show biz was still booming), that actresses sometimes want to avoid intimacy onscreen because some actors take advantage. For example, 1 actress said the actor would stick out his tongue when it was agreed that it's not a tongue kiss, or when she's pressed to his body, she could feel his arousal.

14 hours ago, Ding77 said:

Lol indeed you are our Yong Gu. Pls don't ever decide to never get in touch like what YG did to PJ. 

:lol:ya I like YG. He's so loyal to PJ and also to Secretary Ann & the motherly housekeeper. 

10 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

as Park Tae-joon belongs to Sidus HQ, where many actors such as Jang Hyeok, Kim Hae-neul, and Oh Yeon-seo. This made one worry about the safety of the actors.

Probably Hyuk needs to be quarantined for 14 days? His family might also need to be quarantind?? :blink:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I think she had a scar, but there were scenes in which you could see a lizard-shaped something moving underneath her skin, and that I couldn't understand!  I'm quite certain I saw that... I think... :blink:

I though there were some moments that were brilliant, seeing this movie from his point of view. His problems should have interesting enough I thought. The extra story with his two friends and sister was really redundant... But JH was great in that movie!

Completely agree. When I first started watching his shows, not even being his fan, just randomly picking more of his shows to watch after FTLY was recommended to me, I was shocked by the fact that every show I picked was great and rewatchable! I was lucky :) cause I randomly picked- BM, SOGC and TWDR. Later, after watching MF and dragon club- I became a fan... 

In my list of rewatchability Thank you is not included, as I cannot stand the FL actress and character, nor do I include Chuno... ugh... I do want to rewatch Midas, as it has some great scenes. PIty about JH's acting choice there. Oh, and please, if you going to rewatch, MC, can you compile a super cut of only BW?! too much ff in that show... :please:

28 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I ever read in articles (many years back when HK show biz was still booming), that actresses sometimes want to avoid intimacy onscreen because some actors take advantage. For example, 1 actress said the actor would stick out his tongue when it was agreed that it's not a tongue kiss, or when she's pressed to his body, she could feel his arousal.

Yeah, I think that's in every culture. I saw a show about telenovelas, so it included shows from Mexico and Argentina and Colombia. In that show they spoke to both actors and actresses about kiss and sex scenes, and most of the actresses said that they didn't want the kisses to included tongue and it's made clear to the actors before hand. So if an actor wants to include tongue, he has to discuss it with the actress first. If he didn't and tried it without consent, it was considered like sexual harassment. I think some actresses said they stopped a kiss over that. Really bad form without consent. Also, actors that got aroused during a scene, said that they were really embarrassed about it cause it's also not acceptable but sometimes out of their control.

But in Kdramas it feels like the actresses are reluctant to have any physical contact, so much of their acting feels unnatural, and their kiss scenes especially. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I think jap culture is more "open" than k culture. I'm just guessing. Cos I ever saw jap movie & they're more sexual than what you see in k movie. 

:lol:ya I like YG. He's so loyal to PJ and also to Secretary Ann & the motherly housekeeper. 

Probably Hyuk needs to be quarantined for 14 days? His family might also need to be quarantind?? :blink:

I once saw interview in which an actress openly complained abt Jim Carrey sticking his tongue into her mouth during their kissing takes and that she almost wanted to bite his tongue! 

Oh dear, that's probably why JH hasn't taken on any new project, I suppose. Sigh, longer wait for us :tears: but I guess that's a wise decision by him since SK is going through a 2nd surge now. It'll be too risky. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Ding77 I agree on the FF and thats the reason I haven’t rewatch it but I know at some point I’ll miss him so much I’ll have to do it. 

We should start a project each person take a few episodes and trim it and someone strings it together since we are all so lazy to FF. :hahah!:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Many more new Swordsman stills are out!

https://www.facebook.com/opuspictures/

Great pics! Very intense! But... I hope that this guy takes a shower every now and again :) From what I saw the hair doesn't change, so at least wash, man! I'm sure there is a river or a stream somewhere along the way... :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

16 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Releasing the movie now is good news for us but I’m not sure about the results because of covid 19. How’s SK controlling it? 

I assume cinemas are open but there must still be some restrictions ?

Well, if they keep worrying over so many things, then we will never get to see the movie at all. Things are so volatile everyday now, it is hard to get the 'best' timing. Anyway there are a few other blockbusters scheduled to be released in SK in Sept too, so everyone is just waiting to see what happens. Good or bad timing, leave it to fate already haha.. And yes cinemas are open now.

14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh dear!:confounded:

In particular, as Park Tae-joon belongs to Sidus HQ, where many actors such as Jang Hyeok, Kim Hae-neul, and Oh Yeon-seo. This made one worry about the safety of the actors.

According to Sidus HQ, he had not been to the office or in contact with the staff there.

36 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Great pics! Very intense! But... I hope that this guy takes a shower every now and again :) From what I saw the hair doesn't change, so at least wash, man! I'm sure there is a river or a stream somewhere along the way... :D

I am sure ancient people do wash in streams or rivers. Remember Bong Sam? Haha..

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

According to Sidus HQ, he had not been to the office or in contact with the staff there.

Oh thank goodness!! So at least he can show up at rhe press conference of the premiere if there's any.

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

am sure ancient people do wash in streams or rivers. Remember Bong Sam? Haha..

Bong Sam looked like he wasn't bathing... more like a big kid playing with water...lol:joy:

I think Tae Yul will be too busy looking for his daughter and fighting..

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Bong Sam looked like he wasn't bathing... more like a big kid playing with water...lol:joy:

I think Tae Yul will be too busy looking for his daughter and fighting..

I actually still couldn't bring myself to watch that show... But did ran into this comment yesterday, that cracked me up! I think this person is a better fan than me...

• LOL 5

@Prettysup It is not about worrying. SK is literally going through a second wave. If SK has managed to get this under control is because they took the appropriate measures (unlike USA, where I live and it has been a disaster) So, if its necessary to wait a few weeks or months for a movie that we all know will likely not be a blockbuster anyway, its more than fine, imo. Lives are and should always be more important than our entertainment. 

I hope the movie does show up on a streaming service and maybe do “well” through word of mouth, etc I honestly don’t expect it to be a hit in theaters. A blockbuster is usually pre-determined by studio size and budget, how many theaters will show it, etc. This movie has had too many issues, no promotion, no budget. It would be really a miracle if it manages to have any impact other than among his fans. 

• Like 5