36 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Ding77 Another way to have coffee is with something called “panela”, not sure if you can find that? Its like “raw” sugar cane and WAIT! Those “honey cubes” actually look like panela!!! Hmmmm. Anywho coffee in a pot with that, cinammon and cloves is nice. I think they do something similar to that in Mexico. 

Annnd have you had vietnamese coffee with condensed milk??? It’s da bomb! :w00t:

That definitely doesn't look like 'honey cubes'(well atleast not all kind of honeys I know:)). That's probably 'panela' which is known as jaggery/gur in my country but it's colour is too dark so  it might be palm date jaggery. 

Condensed milk is good with every kind of food. :droolz:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

26 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

That definitely doesn't look like 'honey cubes'(well atleast not all kind of honeys I know:)). That's probably 'panela' which is known as jaggery/gur in my country but it's colour is too dark so  it might be palm date jaggery. 

Yes! You are right! Its probably panela or something similar and it was wrongly translated at the restaurant and I didn’t even question it all this time lol! Hey thats me! Im a klutz

I was reading this discussion about korean americano vs american “americano” or whatnot and to be honest I feel like I fell down a rabbit hole. It was an amusing discussion that sorta ended in a fight but it didn’t clear anything much.

https://www.reddit.com/r/korea/comments/9udid6/is_there_a_difference_between_the_american_style/?st=KDY056BK&sh=2cd4c3fa

Some contradictory information there but the one thing that seems to be a fact is that “korean” americano is expresso more watered down than the american version. And some people say korean coffee is bad in general while others say its really good. Because of Coffee Prince I was under the impression that they were really into coffee :P

• LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Ding77Annnd have you had vietnamese coffee with condensed milk??? It’s da bomb! :w00t:

Ahhhh vietnamese coffee is da bomb!! :yum:

46 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Yes! Condensed milk is the holy grail lol. But I try not to take condensed milk because I'm trying to eat healthy (ahem.. :joy:) so I convinced myself that coffee+milk with a little bit of sugar is a more healthy option since I take coffee everyday. :fatso:

From jh, the topic has moved to "coffee" cos of jh's latte? :joy:

• LOL 6

28 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Yes! You are right! Its probably panela or something similar and it was wrongly translated at the restaurant and I didn’t even question it all this time lol! Hey thats me! Im a klutz

Ummm....if they wrote 'honey' in the menu then it shouldn't be any unrefined sugar. All of these sweeteners have distinctive tastes.

What if the dark thing was coffee and the liquid was sweetner?:what!:

Or maybe it was a very dark coloured inverted sugar which is technically like 'honey'.

If it is unrefined sugar it wouldn't dissolve easily as honey/invert sugar do. 

29 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Yes! Condensed milk is the holy grail lol. But I try not to take condensed milk because I'm trying to eat healthy (ahem.. :joy:) so I convinced myself that coffee+milk with a little bit of sugar is a more healthy option since I take coffee everyday. 

From jh, the topic has moved to "coffee" cos of jh's latte? 

I never indulge in condensed milk or even in coffee. Afterall caffeine is a psychoactive drug. :crazily:

This 'coffee discussion' is entirely JH's fault.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

16 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I set the theme to light mode and now I can read it! That is awesome! I don’t think I ever saw him talk about creating his own works this directly. I hope this is what he is doing and why he is taking longer to come back :gangnamstyle:

Read what? My recent post? You mean you had your theme on dark mode this whole time?! So how did you read any of the other posts? :blink: 

:) 

At any rate, this interview was a surprise to me too, as as you said, this is the first time I saw he clearly said he wanted to create his own work...

While we are on this subject, I saw this post of a conversation I didn't remember from Dragon club (the poster of this, @IIsnoone, is one of us, right?). When I saw it I realized this entire conversation is very odd, as it doesn't make sense. At one moment they were talking about JH's love for sausages, and the next CTH was "warning" JH that if he continue to do "this"(?) he will get phone calls from directors to do their shows, and then he will be in trouble so he shouldn't be "greedy" . And I'm like "What?! What is he talking about? What is "this" and why would getting calls from directors mean trouble for JH?!" It feels like we're missing part of the conversation. Like this a continuation of a private conversation they had, that CTH decided to jab JH about on the show. It's clear CTH is being cynical here. And it's also clear that JH wasn't amused by what CTH said. Another, more important, thing that is clear from this clip is that JH is not willing to do everything in order to get roles. Out of principles? Personal preferences? I'm not sure. 

My guess as to what they were talking about has to do with the fact that JH was about to start filming MF. In an interview after MF ended JH said, that 9 out of 10 people around him didn't understand why he accepted the MF role. My guess is that CTH was one of them.

My guess is that, like many fans, CTH thought that MF was beneath JH, maybe also because they pay less (?), and he may have advised JH that if he wanted to get better roles he needs to be more visible and do more variety shows. To which I'm guessing JH answered that he's not greedy (hence the "greedy" jab). And then Dragon club happened, and if I'm not mistaken it was JH's idea for all five of them to do this, right? the way he spoke it felt like he was controlling the production... So, JH knows that he can do variety shows on his own and get more show offers as a result. But it seems like he doesn't want to do them, unless it under his conditions. I wonder if, considering what JH said recently on Veteran giant, JH's changed his mind about variety shows... 

I wonder why CTH told him at the end "don't say that", and JH just said "I'm just being myself". Did CTH meant don't be too honest on the show? 

Obviously I'm just guessing, but I thought this conversation was really interesting because it's the first time I've seen a semi-serious conversation between them... What do you guys think they meant in this conversation?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

At any rate, this interview was a surprise to me too, as as you said, this is the first time I saw he clearly said he wanted to create his own work...

While we are on this subject, I saw this post of a conversation I didn't remember from Dragon club (the poster of this, @IIsnoone, is one of us, right?). When I saw it I realized this entire conversation is very odd, as it doesn't make sense. At one moment they were talking about JH's love for sausages, and the next CTH was "warning" JH that if he continue to do "this"(?) he will get phone calls from directors to do their shows, and then he will be in trouble so he shouldn't be "greedy" . And I'm like "What?! What is he talking about? What is "this" and why would getting calls from directors mean trouble for JH?!" It feels like we're missing part of the conversation. Like this a continuation of a private conversation they had, that CTH decided to jab JH about on the show. It's clear CTH is being cynical here. And it's also clear that JH wasn't amused by what CTH said. Another, more important, thing that is clear from this clip is that JH is not willing to do everything in order to get roles. Out of principles? Personal preferences? I'm not sure. 

My guess as to what they were talking about has to do with the fact that JH was about to start filming MF. In an interview after MF ended JH said, that 9 out of 10 people around him didn't understand why he accepted the MF role. My guess is that CTH was one of them.

My guess is that, like many fans, CTH thought that MF was beneath JH, maybe also because they pay less (?), and he may have advised JH that if he wanted to get better roles he needs to be more visible and do more variety shows. To which I'm guessing JH answered that he's not greedy (hence the "greedy" jab). And then Dragon club happened, and if I'm not mistaken it was JH's idea for all five of them to do this, right? the way he spoke it felt like he was controlling the production... So, JH knows that he can do variety shows on his own and get more show offers as a result. But it seems like he doesn't want to do them, unless it under his conditions. I wonder if, considering what JH said recently on Veteran giant, JH's changed his mind about variety shows... 

I wonder why CTH told him at the end "don't say that", and JH just said "I'm just being myself". Did CTH meant don't be too honest on the show? 

Obviously I'm just guessing, but I thought this conversation was really interesting because it's the first time I've seen a semi-serious conversation between them... What do you guys think they meant in this conversation?

While creating his own work, hope he will continue to stay in front of the camera or else we will be so heart broken. :heartbreak:

Abt this part of their conversation, I wasn't paying such details, to be honest. But from my memory, I think CTH said JH was so funny in DB that he'll soon be getting calls from the directors and told him not to be greedy. JH replied that he was only being himself and that if he was greedy, none of them would be in variety show anymore haha. I didn’t notice this particular "getting himself into trouble" cos I didn't get what he was saying, I attribute that to editing issue, maybe missing out sth they were saying earlier on. You really do watch into such details the content of their conversation. For me, I'm just really enjoying JH doing variety, looking at his beautiful face and him being funny by doing nth special, so I never paid much attention to CTH or KJK or the other guys in the show, until I read all the sharing here and I went back and rewatched lol. But I do agree that KHI seems to be the most likeable brother. But still, I personally feel that CTH and KJK could be putting on a show for the cameras, and it happens that JH is the receiver of their jokes cos he's basically a nice guy. If they really don't treat JH well, he wouldn't have wanted to do DB with them, right? My 2 cents worth. :blush:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Annnd have you had vietnamese coffee with condensed milk??? It’s da bomb! :w00t:

Real? What's different in their coffee? My SIL is vietnamese but I never thought of viet coffee...

@Biology LessonI think CTH is just trying to imply that JH is comical (suitable for variety shows). And because JH is natural, you don't see him trying hard to make people laugh, perhaps more & more Directors will want him in their variety programme. And I think CTH said like that JH will be in trouble could mean that because JH had always said that he isn't suitable to do variety programme, so if more & more Directors approach him, it would be difficult for JH to turn down each & everyone (that spells trouble for him). And also CTH told him not to be greedy perhaps implying that he's already doing well in his acting job, don't cross the boundary to do variety as well. In chinese there's a phrase that says " snatch people rice bowl" probably implying that JH shouldn't snatch the rice bowl of variety hosts. Hahaha! But then again, what we see is subtitle & as I said before, subtitle can be only accurate up to a certain degree, it may not be the exact 100% of what CTH said. My 2 cents worth here....hahaha!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Real? What's different in their coffee? My SIL is vietnamese but I never thought of viet coffee...

@Biology LessonI think CTH is just trying to imply that JH is comical (suitable for variety shows). And because JH is natural, you don't see him trying hard to make people laugh, perhaps more & more Directors will want him in their variety programme. And I think CTH said like that JH will be in trouble could mean that because JH had always said that he isn't suitable to do variety programme, so if more & more Directors approach him, it would be difficult for JH to turn down each & everyone (that spells trouble for him). And also CTH told him not to be greedy perhaps implying that he's already doing well in his acting job, don't cross the boundary to do variety as well. In chinese there's a phrase that says " snatch people rice bowl" probably implying that JH shouldn't snatch the rice bowl of variety hosts. Hahaha! But then again, what we see is subtitle & as I said before, subtitle can be only accurate up to a certain degree, it may not be the exact 100% of what CTH said. My 2 cents worth here....hahaha!

"snatch rice bowl of variety hosts" hahaha this a good one!! :joy: Our dear hyukie doesn't need to be a variety host, he just needs to make more dramas for us fans hehe. Pls come back to work already!! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

41 minutes ago, budgerie said:

So you think he was only speaking about doing variety? as in when CTH said "if you continue to do this" he meant "if you continue to be funny", than directors of variety shows will call you? I guess it makes sense too... So JH is saying- I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just being myself? But why is JH liking sausages so funny?! I swear I don't get Korean humor! The same as I didn't get why JH drinking hot latte is so funny... I guess what threw me off here is JH being so serious, while they are again teasing him.

Abt this part of their conversation, I wasn't paying such details, to be honest. But from my memory, I think CTH said JH was so funny in DB that he'll soon be getting calls from the directors and told him not to be greedy. JH replied that he was only being himself and that if he was greedy, none of them would be in variety show anymore haha. I didn’t notice this particular "getting himself into trouble" cos I didn't get what he was saying, I attribute that to editing issue, maybe missing out sth they were saying earlier on. You really do watch into such details the content of their conversation. For me, I'm just really enjoying JH doing variety, looking at his beautiful face and him being funny by doing nth special, so I never paid much attention to CTH or KJK or the other guys in the show, until I read all the sharing here and I went back and rewatched lol. But I do agree that KHI seems to be the most likeable brother. But still, I personally feel that CTH and KJK could be putting on a show for the cameras, and it happens that JH is the receiver of their jokes cos he's basically a nice guy. If they really don't treat JH well, he wouldn't have wanted to do DB with them, right? My 2 cents worth. :blush:

Your lucky you could ignore them. Their behavior bother me so much I can't rewatch Dragon club... For sure it's possible that their behavior is mostly for the camera, and that off screen they are more respectful.

Also, I remember that there was an interview JH did with another of his friends (the guy of played his guard in SOGC), and in that interview JH wanted his friend to shine, so he told him while on the show "come at me". Meaning he encouraged his friend to make fun of him so that he could show that he is funny. So it's possible that JH allows his friends to use him as the butt of their jokes... but then again- he did get angry at a certain point in Dragon club, so I don't know for sure...

54 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

While creating his own work, hope he will continue to stay in front of the camera or else we will be so heart broken. :heartbreak:

For sure! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I'm rewatching Robber and I am mesmerised by how beautiful he looked in that drama. Why didn't I realise that when I first watched it????  Hyukie now reminds me of   Oh Joon.  Maybe it's his fringe.. he doesn't age much..:heart2beat:

I think he looked most beautiful in Robbers.:kiss_wink: I've always wanted to ask this question. What does "ding hao" in FTLY mean? :joy:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

I think he looked most beautiful in Robbers.:kiss_wink: I've always wanted to ask this question. What does "ding hao" in FTLY mean? :joy:

I think he does..so beautiful my heart breaks when he cries..

"ding hao" 挺好 means very good

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I'm rewatching Robber and I am mesmerised by how beautiful he looked in that drama. Why didn't I realise that when I first watched it????  Hyukie now reminds me of   Oh Joon.  Maybe it's his fringe.. he doesn't age much..:heart2beat:

I remember that when I first watched it, I was really surprised cause I really liked it and yet no one was talking about this show. The most I saw was that most fans didn't like the show because of Oh Joon's behavior in the beginning. It's funny that, on the other hand, I can't stand Chuno, the show that everyone were praising :) 

14 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

I think he looked most beautiful in Robbers.:kiss_wink: I've always wanted to ask this question. What does 

I think you are right, JH looks most beautiful in Robbers. Also, I think it is the only show that I've seen that put an emphasis on JH's looks, as he used his face to pray on women, so his looks was part of the plot. I loved both his looks in the show- his slick con man look and his softer look after he changed. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I remember that when I first watched it, I was really surprised cause I really liked it and yet no one was talking about this show. The most I saw was that most fans didn't like the show because of Oh Joon's behavior in the beginning. It's funny that, on the other hand, I can't stand Chuno, the show that everyone were praising :) 

I think you are right, JH looks most beautiful in Robbers. Also, I think it is the only show that I've seen that put an emphasis on JH's looks, as he used his face to pray on women, so his looks was part of the plot. I loved both his looks in the show- his slick con man look and his softer look after he changed. 

Oh Joon is a jerk in the first half of the drama, I can't stand him too. I only rewatch the episodes after he changed. Lol. 

U don't like his looks in Chuno? I think his face looks beautiful in Chuno too, very delicate and fragile, somewhat like Oh Joon, under the macho and rough Daegil persona. His features stand out more when he is on the lean side, if compared to MF, The Merchant and WOL, in which his face was more chubby hehe. 

I think his current weight is ideal for him at this age. He looked older in BP. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Oh Joon is a jerk in the first half of the drama, I can't stand him too. I only rewatch the episodes after he changed. Lol. 

He is not a jerk- He is scum! He is cruel and nasty! And this is what I appreciated about the show. That it had the courage to portray what a real con man will be like, and not the idealized cutesy con men we usually get in shows like the legend of the blue sea; con men that only con bad people <_<. This guy is nasty, which makes his change so much more significant. Also, I appreciated the fact that the show didn't shy from showing that this guy essentially has sex with women for money. This is something I never saw in a Kdrama. Or a real portrayal of a gay character, with no stereotypes. Robbers is a very courageous show, and JH was courageous to take that role. 

U don't like his looks in Chuno? I think his face looks beautiful in Chuno too, very delicate and fragile, somewhat like Oh Joon, under the macho and rough Daegil persona. His features stand out more when he is on the lean side, if compared to MF, The Merchant and WOL, in which his face was more chubby hehe. 

I didn't mean I didn't like his look in Chuno, I meant I didn't like the show Chuno :) On the contrary, I think JH was super sexy in Chuno, I just regret that the show runners of Chuno didn't have the same courage the show runners of Robbers had when it came to sexuality. Watching Chuno, you'd think Dae gil was a virgin that never looked at another woman since he lost whats-her-name, who bored me to death. 

I think his current weight is ideal for him at this age. He looked older in BP. 

I was looking at some pics from FTLY, and I actually think that he looks better now than he looked while filming FTLY! I don't know how he does that... I guess it's his beautiful personality that comes across more on his face as he ages... 

• Like 4

@budgerie This method of preparing the coffee is what I refer to as “vietnamese coffee” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_iced_coffee

@Biology LessonYes, I was suffering with the dark mode without realizing light mode was available again! 

Like others I remember (and maybe I saw this with different subs somewhere?) that CTH was telling JH that if he continues being funny he might get calls to be in variety shows. And JH retorted that if he is called to do variety they’d be in trouble, as in he would steal their place as variety stars/hosts etc 

@azureblue7 Yes, Robbers :please:

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology LessonYes, I was suffering with the dark mode without realizing light mode was available again! 

:joy:

How did you not realize?! I'm sure we all posted about it when the light mode became available again... I can't imagine what you've been through all this time! 

:brokenheart:

39 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Like others I remember (and maybe I saw this with different subs somewhere?) that CTH was telling JH that if he continues being funny he might get calls to be in variety shows. And JH retorted that if he is called to do variety they’d be in trouble, as in he would steal their place as variety stars/hosts etc 

And now JH literally said he's wanting to do more variety shows. I hope if he'll do, they will be more of the style of Urban cops or even Giant veteran, something mission oriented.. preferably with his friends Giant veteran, they seem to be very comfortable with each other...

In the meantime, what's going on with the promotion of The Swordsman? The premiere is getting closer... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Yeah I was going blind! I got used to typing while squinting. Now Im living again lol. 

And yeahhhh I wouldn’t mind seeing JH in a good, successful, cute and endearing (like he is) mission oriented variety show, while he works on writing and/or directing his own movie or drama :approves:

But variety shows may not hv eng subs. I'm still so sad The Friends in Croatia were not fully subbed in English, he was so handsome and chic in that show. And Urban Fishermen too. :sleepy:

• Like 3