9 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually still couldn't bring myself to watch that show... But did ran into this comment yesterday, that cracked me up! I think this person is a better fan than me...

ROFL. But the merchant is easier to ff cos there are a lot of his scenes lol. :lol:

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Great pics! Very intense! But... I hope that this guy takes a shower every now and again :) From what I saw the hair doesn't change, so at least wash, man! I'm sure there is a river or a stream somewhere along the way... :D

Maybe this guy is trying to keep it authentic. :sweats:

• LOL 3

22 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Ding77 But The Merchant is so bad though imo. Not worth the FF. I question JHs acting choice much more in this drama than in other’s of his I didn’t like. It was way over the top and his character was very dense. 

Yes, it's bad. Even FF takes forever. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup It is not about worrying. SK is literally going through a second wave. If SK has managed to get this under control is because they took the appropriate measures (unlike USA, where I live and it has been a disaster) So, if its necessary to wait a few weeks or months for a movie that we all know will likely not be a blockbuster anyway, its more than fine, imo. Lives are and should always be more important than our entertainment. 

I hope the movie does show up on a streaming service and maybe do “well” through word of mouth, etc I honestly don’t expect it to be a hit in theaters. A blockbuster is usually pre-determined by studio size and budget, how many theaters will show it, etc. This movie has had too many issues, no promotion, no budget. It would be really a miracle if it manages to have any impact other than among his fans. 

Yah I know SK is going through a second wave, but everything was so alright a few weeks ago, so it is really hard to anticipate what is going to happen next. Just look at poor Mulan, the premiere keeps getting postponed and postponed. So my point is, just set a premiere date and we will wait and see what happens. If things get worse they need to close cinemas, then no choice to postpone the date, or stream it on-line. Rather than to keep on waiting endlessly. 

What is FF btw ?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Oic haha.. I like Bong Sam though, he is cute 

Hehe I don't like the drama but I do rewatch some ep to satisfy my JH addiction, as long as it's a drama and him being the ML, I'm happy. :lol: Movies are just toooo short. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Oic haha.. I like Bong Sam though, he is cute 

Bong Sam is too dense indeed.. and i don't quite like his voice in the show. But he is cute.. i rewatched it twice..haha

And real life Hyuk is even cuter

• Like 3
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

And real life Hyuk is even cuter

I've just finished BM (1st rewatch only) and after this time round, I think BM has found its way into rewatch list. :D

Woohooo cutie pie. :heart4:Thx for the reminder, maybe can rewatch Urban Cops next. Lol. 

• Like 5

Another interview with OJH in which he's mentioning JH and Chuno... This is maybe the third interview that I saw in which he did that in the last three years. Here it's a bit out of the blue... I wonder if they are still friends today...

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000313084

This a translation of the post posting this. The translation of the article itself is very off...

Brother Wu Zhihao, a good slave, again advances Houba during the visit

On August 12, the SBS "Formal Performing Arts Late at Night" released an interview with actors Wu Zhihao and Shen Suyu who returned through the movie "Tae Hakuju".

Wu Zhihao said: "I have been doing sports. I used to say this to Jang Hyuk when I was filming "The Slave". I hope we can become romantic actors and action movie actors in our 50s." So it has been in motion".

https://www.instagram.com/p/CELufTNJ5Dm/

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He finally showed up..:glee: his hair is getting longer.

That was exactly my thought! Is it possible that he's elongating his hair again?! (Oh please! Oh please!... )For a role maybe ?! (Oh please! Oh please!Oh please! Oh please!...) Or is it just COVID19, or the lack of a reason to cut his hair? <_<

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I don’t know if they are friends to the point of “hanging out” etc but JH did attend OHJs wedding a few years ago. 

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/04/12/jang-hyuk-attends-oh-ji-hos-wedding/

Yeah, I remember that. You know how they say it's bad form to wear a white dress for a wedding as you might outshine the bride? That's exactly what I thought when I saw pictures of JH from that wedding :) He looked so good, he essentially was wearing the proverbial white dress... :hwaiting2:

But I'm wondering if they are close at all, as OHJ talks about Chuno quite a lot, while I can't remember the last time I saw JH speak about Chuno, of his own volition.

• Like 4

A bit OT, but not really: Just watched a show named "Atiye". It's a Turkish show that was produced specifically for netflix, not just streamed by them. It's not the perfect show, but it still had elements that I think Turkish shows do much better than Kdramas- more realistic emotional development, great acting, less cutesy, more passionate- Real women and men. On the other hand,  the show didn't have what I don't like about Turkish shows- the overly melodramatic situations thrown in just to make the audience cry, and the insane length of the shows, that can get to more than 100 episodes(!). This show had only 8, one hour episodes, it had family drama, some supernatural elements I didn't like, an ancient mystery, slow development of sexual tension and even sex scenes. Not too explicit, but not too tame either.

While I was watching I realised that this is what I want for JH to do next. Not another OCN, TvN, MBS or KBS show. I want JH to remove himself from the formulaic Kdrama system, and tell more realistic stories I know he can! I really think Netflix can help him to it, especially now that the networks said that they are cutting back on dramas...   Hell, if he really wants it, he can tell that cross dressing martial arts story he spoke about! but with Netflix he can actually be loyal to the original story! Or maybe a romantic drama with LMS. You think any of the networks will go for such  a love connection, with the woman older than the man?

I really hope JH will start working with Netflix...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@Biology Lesson I was so burned by the one turkish drama I was subjected to, that it’s hard for me to believe I’d like anything from them. It was truly BAD and pointless and repetitive and empty and shallow. But, I know, objectively not every turkish production can be that bad so yeah maybe one day, Ill give one of them a chance (maybe) That drama was a huge success though and thats why I thought it was supposedly one of their “best”.

but, anyway Im actually writing to agree with you that I would love Netflix to look in Jang Hyuk’s direction and do some cool production with him. None of that Kingdom BS though. Something GOOD! How come writer’s producers not throw themselves at him after Money Flower and his masterful Bangwon. People really have no taste. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I was so burned by the one turkish drama I was subjected to, that it’s hard for me to believe I’d like anything from them. It was truly BAD and pointless and repetitive and empty and shallow. But, I know, objectively not every turkish production can be that bad so yeah maybe one day, Ill give one of them a chance (maybe) That drama was a huge success though and thats why I thought it was supposedly one of their “best”.

The same can be said about the "best" korean shows... emotion-wise and acting-wise, I prefer the Turkish shows. I've seen several that were quite good. Length-wise- Kdramas. Though, plot wise- I would say it's just about the same. Most of the shows follow a formula, and finding a really good show, Turkish or Korean, is not easy. Though I just finished the first season of Atiya, and I can say- I am going to watch the second season! In the last episode of the season, we got some impressive acting from unexpected characters, so the next season might be cool.

but, anyway Im actually writing to agree with you that I would love Netflix to look in Jang Hyuk’s direction and do some cool production with him. None of that Kingdom BS though. Something GOOD! How come writer’s producers not throw themselves at him after Money Flower and his masterful Bangwon. People really have no taste. 

Don't know... I truly wish we could hear more about JH professional situation. I already noticed that JH almost never works with the same director twice, I'm sure not by his choice, and I want to know if I guessed the reason for that correctly... If I am correct- than, to hell with them! JH needs to start developing his own stories and take the lead on them directing-wise

• Like 3