2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He shaved!  A clean cut look for his wedding anniversary?  He totally shed his previous OHJ look. Like a different person.

When I first saw the picture that Sidus posted to show that he had a hair cut, his face looked so lean that I kinda suspected they also used a filter on that picture. But seeing this picture from today I realize that he indeed is very lean these days, which kinda explains why some here thought he bulked up. It's not that he bulked up, his fat percentage went down, so his muscles seem more pronounced- 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

For those who are still missing  his long hair..

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

For those who are still missing  his long hair..

Yes, thank you, that would be me of course. I still cannot get over this pudding basin disaster. Although his shaving is a slight consolation. I love his clean shaven look.

• LOL 4

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

When I first saw the picture that Sidus posted to show that he had a hair cut, his face looked so lean that I kinda suspected they also used a filter on that picture. But seeing this picture from today I realize that he indeed is very lean these days, which kinda explains why some here thought he bulked up. It's not that he bulked up, his fat percentage went down, so his muscles seem more pronounced- 

YES!!!! He looks delicious here! His arms and his waistline :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

OK, @corey - so you asked my opinion of Hyena... In short? I really dislike it :) I dislike the main female character- the way what she did in the beginning is glossed over is disgusting to me. A man doing the same thing would have never been presented like that- like it's just another strategy. I dislike the actress's acting- she has the exact same behavior of the prosecuter in TFP- the overly confident, strangely dressed, devil may care professional  woman, that will stop at nothing to win... I guess it's a another character type in Kdramas?  Her acting is not as awful as the actress from TFP, but she has no subtlety in her (also- she should wear a bra, especially if she is going to be filmed running in slow motion... yikes!).

As to male character- that guy is a complete idiot! We are being told by the show that both of them are  very shrewd, but he never shows any shrewdness. Makes a mistake after mistake after mistake... Never able to hide his feelings. And when the show is finally telling us he is being competent- it conveniently goes into a montage of showing him LOOKING professional <_< As to the actor- I'm baffled by the fact that he was even cast to this role. He looks like someone that would be more suited to a supporting role in a comedy. All of his expressions are over the top. I would say that his acting is almost as bad as Lee Honey in TFP... He's presented to us as a very attractive guy, but he really isn't. He doesn't project confidence, often looking awkward, which makes it look like he is playing dressup in his suits, that look ill fitting. 

And that's the main problem in the show- it feels like this entire show is pretending. It's pretending to be sophisticated, when it's actually not. It's trying too hard to be edgy and clever, but it's really not. It's no where close to matching the cleverness of Ms. Temper & Nam Jung-Gi, Miseang, Money Flower or even Midas. In Midas I felt like we had two titans clashing, but not in this show...

In short- I would put this show in the same category as the fiery priest, only not as fun... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@Biology Lesson, ha ha, I knew you would find something amiss with this show that I didn't :D. It was fun to me, once I overloked the dubious morality of the character's actions. She goes on to do ever more morally dubious things so if you hate her now, you would hate her even more later on, if you choose to continue to watch, which I am sure you would not, judging from your reaction. 

Anyway, after that I have not more recommendations and I am bored stiff myself and looking at some C-Dramas out of sheer desperation.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, corey said:

@Biology Lesson, ha ha, I knew you would find something amiss with this show that I didn't :D. It was fun to me, once I overloked the dubious morality of the character's actions. She goes on to do ever more morally dubious things so if you hate her now, you would hate her even more later on, if you choose to continue to watch, which I am sure you would not, judging from your reaction. 

I am in episode 7, and I'm struggling to continue. I don't know if I will... :sweatingbullets: I'm not enjoying the show

54 minutes ago, corey said:

Anyway, after that I have not more recommendations and I am bored stiff myself and looking at some C-Dramas out of sheer desperation.

I understand you, I have nothing to watch these days... I am fighting myself not to rewatch FTLY

• Like 3

OK, this is a silly post, but I saw this clip and it struck me. First, because it's the first time I actually thought JH looked good in that blond hair :)  and second, because this is one of the only times I ever saw JH pass his fingers through his hair, as he pulls it back... I know it's a strange thing to notice, but still I did :relaxed: It always struck me as strange, that, at least after his army service, JH very rarely even touches his hair. I first noticed that in Real men, even when he was sweaty and hot, and his hair stuck to his forehead, JH wouldn't do what most other people will do- pass his fingers through his hair to push it up, off his forehead. The most he would do is push the hair slightly to the side, or, even worse, pull it down. I remember wondering how can he stand just sitting there all sweaty with his hair stuck to his forehead... 

The only other time I remember JH pushing his hair back was in TMWYS, while he was hitting the first "the guy" in episode 6... maybe that's why I thought it was so sexy... :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

OK, this is a silly post, but I saw this clip and it struck me. First, because it's the first time I actually thought JH looked good in that blond hair :)  and second, because this is one of the only times I ever saw JH pass his fingers through his hair, as he pulls it back...

I would not even know that it was him but for his signature partig of lips - maybe he did know even back then that his profile looks better when his lips are parted. :).

I need to pay atention to this hair touching thing and re-watch relevant bits of TMWYS.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I understand you, I have nothing to watch these days... I am fighting myself not to rewatch FTLY

I wanted to share a small story. Recently a friend of my who rarely watches korean shows started watching! She was only watching CLOY, Itaewon Class on Netflix and then asked for recommendations from me. So I naturally recommended FTLY. 

After a few days, she told me she was done watching and she loved it SO MUCH! And her comment was that she loved how Geon (JH)’s acting a lot! And that the couple were so good and acted so well together too. Then she said she probably would rewatch it again cos it was so good. :lol: 

I did not oversell JH at all, save for casually saying that I watched it 3 times because it was so good and I wasn’t a romcom fan to begin with. So it was such a pleasant surprise to hear that comment from a casual/new Korean drama viewer! I really wish more people knew JH (and the real him he shows in variety shows and interviews). They would love him even more. 

Speaking of which, I finished rewatching FTLY again for the 4th time yesterday haha....

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3

14 hours ago, corey said:

Haha same here, i am also venturing into C-dramas now out desperation 

10 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Speaking of which, I finished rewatching FTLY again for the 4th time yesterday haha....

Wow u are good, I normally do not rewatch dramas after watching it once, except for parts which I like

• Like 4

So, my question is: is he messing with us?! Take off the head protective gear! :angry: At least when you are taking a rest... :tears:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

19 hours ago, corey said:

looking at some C-Dramas out of sheer desperation.

Nothing interesting these days at C drama too. Maybe that's just me, but the c actors that are acting these days are young ones. So I'm back to watching old drama which has my fav actors who are JH age/older.

IMO, older actors doesn't need to be handsome handsome, but somehow, when they reach a certain age, they have that charisma & maturity which I'm attracted to. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Nothing interesting these days at C drama too.

But the titles surely sound promising :D. Here are some examples "And the winner is love" (who would not want to see that?) "Fake princess" (sounds fun) "Fairyland lovers" (yes, please) , "Get married or not" (yes, why not), and so on. But you say it is all not interesting :unsure:?

There is an ongoing K-drama called Mystic pop-up bar and I am watching it out of my sheer desperation too.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, corey said:

There is an ongoing K-drama called Mystic pop-up bar and I am watching it out of my sheer desperation too.

Hey I’m watching this too! I actually really enjoy it, it’s both fun and touching at the same time. Nothing over the top but just a very solidly heartwarming series with good cute chemistry among the leads. Watch it! 

• Love 1

@The Reel Life, yes yes, I am watching it :D. It is really heartwarming as you said, I like the female led this time (I hated her in her pervious roles, in Secret, She was pretty and several other dramas, because she played such a doormat - but here she is quite outspoken and angry!) Pity the show is so short, apparently only 12 eps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, corey said:

And the winner is love" (who would not want to see that?) "Fake princess" (sounds fun) "Fairyland lovers" (yes, please) , "Get married or not" (yes, why not), and so on. But you say it is all not interesting :unsure:?

And the winner is love, Fake Princess, Fairyland Lovers, the guy doesn't go with me...lol...look (too) young for my taste. Get married or not sounds interesting enough. Will probably give it a try. Thanks for recommending!

• LOL 1

@budgerie, I was not recommending, lol  :D   (I am done recommending after a complete fiasco of my recommending to @Biology Lesson ) I just quoted some titles which look promising to me and which I intend to look up. So far I have seen a bit of Fake Princess and The winner is love. Fake princess seems indeed too young, but the other one I will see a bit more before deciding

• LOL 2

23 minutes ago, corey said:

@budgerie, I was not recommending, lol  :D   (I am done recommending after a complete fiasco of my recommending to @Biology Lesson ) I just quoted some titles which look promising to me and which I intend to look up. So far I have seen a bit of Fake Princess and The winner is love. Fake princess seems indeed too young, but the other one I will see a bit more before deciding

Try the Legend of Awakening. I like it. But the leads are all very young though.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, corey said:

It wasn't a complete fiasco! Just didn't work... :joy: I tried watching on, but I have just given up- can't take that show... So I'm back on the market for recommendations! :D 

It's funny, I have been perusing the Soompi thread for BM, and I noticed that most commenters were expressing shock from the show. Many were saying that they can't believe that what they were watching was a k drama. So it's not just us, is it? BM was an extraordinary Kdrama, and I think since it was the second Kdrama that I've ever seen (after FTLY), it has seriously ruined me for other kdramas! Not many can match the complexity and the sensitivity of the writing in BM, so I guess this is why It's so hard for me to find non-JH shows to even stand... All I can do is try, again and again, while I wait for JH to come out with a new project... :tears: 

• Like 4