Episode 9 : If you noticed the arrow, 1 is almost at the heart area. But when you look at his bloodstain outfit later, the position had shifted. :sweat_smile: 

And Crown Prince is undernourished or malnourished - still the same boy after so many years. Crown Prince didn't grow up at all.

Bang Won is seriously injured. Shouldn't there be a family member in the room with the Physician? This drama lacks the touch for small details. 

Nam Jeon scene with Bang Won was good! Bang Won got to make his face red again (like Pil Joo). :phew: How come Bang Won can walk around when he was shot twice? Did he already in advance drink the antidote? When Bang Won said to Hwi that Hwi reminds him of someone....who is it? Pouen that Bang Won killed?? 

Good one lead girl! She stood up to the Queen! I really want to see the Queen implicated. But she spoke the truth to the King. The King always said Bang Won is his son but in truth, King is afraid of BW. So this is what makes Bang Won rebel. The King spared Nam Jeon life. 

Haiz...the reunion scene with Hwi sister is a little long. But poor sister got killed! What was the lead girl and the other guy doing standing watching when seeing Hwi sister got attacked?? With Hwi sister dead, Hwi will return to assist Bang Won in the 1st strife! Yay! 

The 3 veterans : Nam Jeon, Bang Won and the King are the pillar of this drama. They hold the forte. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Wow did he say this during the press con yesterday? :w00t:

Yap he did

4 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Episode 9 : If you noticed the arrow, 1 is almost at the heart area. But when you look at his bloodstain outfit later, the position had shifted. :sweat_smile: 

And Crown Prince is undernourished or malnourished - still the same boy after so many years. Crown Prince didn't grow up at all.

Bang Won is seriously injured. Shouldn't there be a family member in the room with the Physician? This drama lacks the touch for small details. 

Nam Jeon scene with Bang Won was good! Bang Won got to make his face red again (like Pil Joo). :phew: How come Bang Won can walk around when he was shot twice? Did he already in advance drink the antidote? When Bang Won said to Hwi that Hwi reminds him of someone....who is it? Pouen that Bang Won killed?? 

No, Bang won was not injured at all, he was looking at 2 packets of fake blood after that. But then I was thinking why did he say Hwi shot him through the armour?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

51 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

No, Bang won was not injured at all, he was looking at 2 packets of fake blood after that. But then I was thinking why did he say Hwi shot him through the armour?

The thing that Bang Won put on the table? It didn't look like fake blood to me. Hahaha! I was wondering what it is. Yes, he asked Hwi that and Hwi said otherwise it won't convince Nam Jeon. I also confused. 

I hope this drama move a little faster as in more exciting. Hopefully ep 10 onwards will be more excited. 

• Like 2

A few more selective Knetz comments after ep 9 especially for JH fans here :

1. Wow! Jang Hyuk is really good at acting. (+26 -0)

2. I thought there wont't be anyone who can surpass Yoo Dong-geun when portraying Lee Bang-won. Jang Hyuk's acting is not to be joked, wow (+25 -0)

3. Jang Hyuk is so good at self-management, not a pinch of excess fat, his acting is so profound, almost like a saint (+21 -0)

4. Jang Hyuk is so good at acting, the kids are good too. Although I've seen a  lot of Jang Hyuk's acting a lot, this is really like Lee Bang-won. (+20 -0)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000197054

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He looks handsome even when he's faking injured...

The moustache and the beard and his lip make him so sexy looking even with (fake) injuries. :yum:The way he opens his eyes is like "i just fell asleep, don't wake me up" that kind of look. Lol...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Looks like filming for 'Speak As You See' has began on 31 Oct. Don't think the 2 leads have joined the team yet though

As in JH hasn't joined the team? I hope so not yet! I don't want him to join the team with the flat straight hair that we see at the recent Press Conf. Do you think he will have the hairstyle like Ordinary Person? What other eccentric hairstyle can we think of????

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, budgerie said:

As in JH hasn't joined the team? I hope so not yet! I don't want him to join the team with the flat straight hair that we see at the recent Press Conf. Do you think he will have the hairstyle like Ordinary Person? What other eccentric hairstyle can we think of????

Yeah he is still filming My Country so he hasnt joined the team yet, and apparantly female Sooyoung is still overseas somewhere. I do not like that straight flat hair either haha.. but I dont like that Ordinary Person's one either. I prefer something spiky like this

20160226001136_0.jpg

Erm and how to you expect to eat a meal with a photo like that in front of ur table? Hahaha

• LOL 3

9 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

God! JH is oozing sensuality in this role... way beyond what this kdrama can sustain...wow!

Guess this helps compensate for the lack of shirtless scenes..

5 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

. I prefer something spiky like this

Wow!! Nice!! 

How about these 3 below?

This one is similar to yours above.jang-hyuk.jpg

This one looks eccentric and look at that smile and polka dot bow...ahem.. 

Jang-Hyuk-e1487148422301.jpg

This one looks sexy and scary...
Jang-Hyuk-hyuk-jang-38791545-300-451.jpg

11 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Erm and how to you expect to eat a meal with a photo like that in front of ur table? Hahaha

Dont think she will know what she's eating.. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I wonder about the reason for the second press conference... From what I understand it's not common to do a second one, and the fact that almost all the quotes from the conference were from JH or about him, it seems like it was done for him. It's even more interesting since in the first conference the cast didn't even mention him at all (I think one of them said his name, but nothing beyond that), and the only one who talked about him there was the director, and that was as a response to a question from a reporter... So what is going on?! For sure something good :)...

I mean, we all saw that there are many positive comments and posts about him on social media, but I personally do a specific search for JH name, so what I see is a bit biased. I have no idea what comments the rest of the cast get, so I can't compare.

I'm just wondering how unusual the reaction to his performance is, especially considering he is "just" a supporting character... We did see that quote from Sidus in which they said that the reaction was very good, and that they even conveyed that to JH. So was it so good that they organized a second conference, and this time invited JH to it? I would love to know the most is how does this public reaction resonate in the industry, and how will it affect the roles he will be offered as a result.

8 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I wonder about the reason for the second press conference... From what I understand it's not common to do a second one, and the fact that almost all the quotes from the conference were from JH or about him, it seems like it was done for him. It's even more interesting since in the first conference the cast didn't even mention him at all (I think one of them said his name, but nothing beyond that), and the only one who talked about him there was the director, and that was as a response to a question from a reporter... So what is going on?! For sure something good :)...

I mean, we all saw that there are many positive comments and posts about him on social media, but I personally do a specific search for JH name, so what I see is a bit biased. I have no idea what comments the rest of the cast get, so I can't compare.

I'm just wondering how unusual the reaction to his performance is, especially considering he is "just" a supporting character... We did see that quote from Sidus in which they said that the reaction was very good, and that they even conveyed that to JH. So was it so good that they organized a second conference, and this time invited JH to it? I would love to know the most is how does this public reaction resonate in the industry, and how will it affect the roles he will be offered as a result.

It is not that uncommon to do a second press conference actually, usually it's done for more well received dramas at the mid point. I remember Gakeju 2015 had it too.

8 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

One more!

Haha I wanted to post this, u beat me to it!

• LOL 1

34 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Wow!! Nice!! 

How about these 3 below?

This one is similar to yours above.

This one looks eccentric and look at that smile and polka dot bow...ahem.. 

This one looks sexy and scary...

First one is good, second one ok, does it have a curly bit on top?

Third one no no no... haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

48 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Guess this helps compensate for the lack of shirtless scenes..

ermmmm... nope! :rolleyes: Imagine how much better it would have been had it been both... On the other hand, maybe the censure wouldn't approve of that- too hot for a kdrama! :sweat_smile:

As I'm a fan of the longer hair and the hair from Ordinary person- I would love a casual hair style, like in the beginning of Chuno:

Jang Hyuk 

or this style... I wouldn't mind the dress style either :)-

2fe7be92c1e59c9612210af887629328.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Another article about the press conference from yesterday:

Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, AOA’s Seolhyun, And Jang Hyuk Talk About Working Together On “My Country”

On November 1, Yang Se JongWoo Do HwanJang Hyuk, AOA’s Seolhyun, and producing director (PD) Kim Jin Won attended a press conference for JTBC’s drama “My Country.” During the event, the actors and the director shared what it’s like working together and raised even more anticipation for upcoming episodes.

When asked how the filming is going now that the drama has entered the second half, Woo Do Hwan answered, “It feels like we are filming the drama with viewers. We gain strength to film by watching the reaction from viewers.”

The drama is both fictional and non-fictional as it features actual people from history and fictional characters. PD Kim Jin Won commented, “I put a fictional story on top of actual history. That’s why I am more concerned about [how to tell the story]. While the drama is based on the founding of the Joseon Dynasty, it’s more of a story about people who love their country instead of the story of the country being born. I worried that if I had featured characters with extravagant backgrounds, stories about people living ordinary lives would have been too weak.”

Jang Hyuk also commented on playing the role of Lee Bang Won for the second time. Lee Bang Won is the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo Dynasty to begin the Joseon Dynasty. Jang Hyuk played Lee Bang Won in the 2015 film “The Age of Innocence.” The actor stated, “The first time I played Lee Bang Won was a bit disappointing because the movie only lasts for two hours. Instead of featuring Lee Bang Won who chases after his dreams and desires, ‘My Country’ manages to tell the reason he had no choice but to become this person. I’m enjoying the drama because it allows me to imagine a different side of Lee Bang Won while reading the chronicles of him.”

Seolhyun talked about what she focused on the most while playing Han Hee Jae. She stated, “I consider [my role] as more like protecting loved ones instead of sacrificing myself for them. I’ve said even before the drama began that the country Hee Jae wishes for is a country where she can protect the ones she cherishes. I still have that in my mind.”

Lastly, the cast members talked about the chemistry between them. Woo Do Hwan stated, “I’m always amazed to see Jang Hyuk act. He gives me advice on action scenes and my acting, and there are even times when I feel upset because I can’t follow that advice. ‘My Country’ is a drama that allowed me to learn many things.”

Jang Hyuk stated, “I think highly of the junior actors’ attitudes. It’s hard to act based on one’s own preparations, but it’s even harder to take directions from someone else. However, they would participate in filming after listening to directions and applying the best advice to their acting. One of the charming points [of ‘My Country’] is that I get to film great scenes with great actors.”

The upcoming episode of “My Country” will air on November 2 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1363202wpp/yang-se-jong-woo-do-hwan-aoas-seolhyun-and-jang-hyuk-talk-about-working-together-on-my-country

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1