9 hours ago, budgerie said:

I don’t see them! Hahaha. Even bare skin I don’t seem to notice any. 

Don't recall JH having freckles. But he is fair skin. You see in DB, his legs are not tanned. 

Yes I don't think so. Look at this closeup shot of his bare skin in DB. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life I went to his Korea fan meeting. I even got to take a picture with him and he put his arm on my back (very softly and respectfully but I was still stunned/surprised/shocked/ecstatic) and because of it, I made a very freaky expression lol (so picture can’t be shared lol) but he looked adorable and I still feel like everything was like a dream! 

Awww... so surreal! I think a few fans at the same fan meeting asked him for a hug.. and he obliged. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

WTH Netflix has only has the licence to air first 12 episodes of this drama, so where to watch the last 4 episodes??? 

Really??? Why??? So weird! But you can watch them on dramanice but only raw version of ep 13 is up for the time being.

He looked like he was throwing tantrums..  haha

Another masterful acting performance

• Like 3

Comment no5 below is so hilarious !!

‘My Country’ ep 13 Knetz comments

1.    It looks like you did a great job casting. If Jang Hyuk starred in a Lee Bang-won epic, I may be bored, Six Flying Dragons was very successful….  Lee Bang-won's story is so interesting because Jang Hyuk acted well. The main and supporting actors all have similar screen-time, there is no lead here, everyone acted well and is suitable for their roles. Such a pity it’ll be over soon. (+358 -19)

2.    Jang Hyuk’s Lee Bang-won, Lee Bang-won’s Jang Hyuk ... Overwhelming immersion in water.. Holding my breath (+261 -9)

3.    To be honest, I only see Jang Hyuk. He's so overwhelming (+269 -20)

4.    From Jang Hyuk I learnt that not everything is about quantity (+204 -4)

5.    When Kim Young-chul fired the arrow and Jang Hyuk's hair got dishevelled, my wife turned to look at me and her face fell … What a night of poor self-esteem. (+171 -1)

6.    When can Nam Seon-ho smile? (+70 -8)

7.    Jang Hyuk’s overwhelming aura, a pack of smoke that flows between sorrow and strength.

8.    Hwi only wants to live comfortably, but he is in a crisis every day... (+55 -2)

9.    Seon-ho, when can I see you laugh? I like Hwi and Bang-won, everything is good, but Seon-ho is pitiful. (+51 -6)

10.    Jang Hyuk is really one of the top 3 best actors in our country! (+47 -7)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003497451

1.    Wow, Jang Hyuk's acting of Lee Bang-won is beyond crazy (+42 -0)

2.    If JTBC has an acting award, I want to give it to Jang Hyuk (+35 -0)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=421&aid=0004307965

0001140955_001_20191116083300726.jpg?typ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

WTH Netflix has only has the licence to air first 12 episodes of this drama, so where to watch the last 4 episodes??? 

I don’t understand too! I was waiting since last night. And another website Dramanice doesn’t have the subbed version yet I’m still refreshing lol. It’s so weird they just cut it short. Why would one have only partial airing rights. 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

OMG why the hair still so messy? Who is this support from ?

Yeah I’m not sure if I like this hairstyle. I thought he’s ascending in power slowly towards the throne. Shouldn’t he look more regal after this. LOL. It’s like he’s back to his pitiful prince days HAHAHHAA. I hope that’s not the direction the story is taking us zzz

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Maybe they're are filming the second strife and this is why the hair is messy? 

I wonder what led to the decision to change the hair. Are they trying to indicate the passing of time? I know if I have my hair so tightly bound like he had, I usually get a head ache. I wonder if that's the reason...

So these pictures are from yesterday? Meaning they are still filming the shows for next week? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Dramacool has ep 13 without subtitle! Where to watch with subtitle? :o

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I like this messy hair. I don't like his hair too neat:grimace:

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Yeah I’m not sure if I like this hairstyle. I thought he’s ascending in power slowly towards the throne. Shouldn’t he look more regal after this. LOL. It’s like he’s back to his pitiful prince days HAHAHHAA. I hope that’s not the direction the story is taking us zzz

Maybe hairstyle is showing us that Bang Won is devastated as well, afterall, he killed his brother even though it wasn't shown to us who is the killer. The scene where he talked to his father (both standing outside the room, I assume is Crown Prince room) he addressed his father as Jeonha meaning Your Majesty. It is like a strained relationship now. And Bang Won held back tears in his eyes. 

Yes I noticed that when he raised his voice, his voice sounded strained. Poor Bang Won, wonder how many times he had to strain his voice cord. 

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

This is the clip that cause his self esteem to fall ..haha

The clip is the 'Prince' clip - maybe King is telling him he is unfit to be a Prince or be his son! Bang Won, why are you still waiting for your father recognition of you??? Feel so sad for Bang Won.

The good thing is ep 13 Bang Won has quite significant screen time but we need subtitles!! 

• Like 2

I just watched episode 13 on Dramanice without subs... still don't understand why it's taking exceptionally long this time, usually it's up after 12 hours... but I was impatient haha.

Anyway I'm so glad he has lots of screen time in this episode! I can't wait to understand all that was said. JH was amazing as usual, but I'm sure it will be more meaningful once I understand their dialogues haha. Looks like tonight, he's going to spend it in drunkenness and a sorrowful state. Rise up soon Bang Won, Bang Gan and Sun Ho are waiting to pounce!!! He's spiraled too much into devastation from not being acknowledged by the father and having people around him misunderstand him... :tears:

Can someone shed light - do Koreans see the historical LBW as an antagonist character? Because in this show he's really a grey character, and in fact verging to someone who is good, but only had to do necessary evil to build a country he believed in, and also to survive. And I believe this is exactly the character that JH wanted to develop: I remember him saying that he wanted to portray the humanistic side of the character with the focus on the father-son relationship, as well as one of a prince having to do unpopular actions for survival, otherwise he would be the one who would be killed. It's not greed for power nor ruthless ambition as it may be misunderstood to be. He's portraying everything he envisioned through his acting, and is making us feel sad for LBW instead of hate him, so kudos to JH!!!

Also I was thinking about this. @budgerie I wonder if it addresses your curiosity about why he seems so "weak" as compared to the historical definition of the character? My personal take on this is that LBW isn't like that, many a times we see he is decisive and courageous to make difficult decisions, but just that the powerful and ruthless aspect wasn't a persona of LBW that JH wanted to show, perhaps? Cos everyone knows LBW is smart and a great fighter, but not many see the softer side of him. And as for the fighting scenes, I'm coming to think that as a prince, he just lets his minions do all the work and he only kills the important enemies. And since he has limited screentime, he can't show every aspect of LBW. Haha. What do you think? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I just watched episode 13 on Dramanice without subs... still don't understand why it's taking exceptionally long this time, usually it's up after 12 hours... but I was impatient haha.

Anyway I'm so glad he has lots of screen time in this episode! I can't wait to understand all that was said. JH was amazing as usual, but I'm sure it will be more meaningful once I understand their dialogues haha. Looks like tonight, he's going to spend it in drunkenness and a sorrowful state. Rise up soon Bang Won, Bang Gan and Sun Ho are waiting to pounce!!! He's spiraled too much into devastation from not being acknowledged by the father and having people around him misunderstand him... :tears:

Can someone shed light - do Koreans see the historical LBW as an antagonist character? Because in this show he's really a grey character, and in fact verging to someone who is good, but only had to do necessary evil to build a country he believed in, and also to survive. And I believe this is exactly the character that JH wanted to develop: I remember him saying that he wanted to portray the humanistic side of the character with the focus on the father-son relationship, as well as one of a prince having to do unpopular actions for survival, otherwise he would be the one who would be killed. It's not greed for power nor ruthless ambition as it may be misunderstood to be. He's portraying everything he envisioned through his acting, and is making us feel sad for LBW instead of hate him, so kudos to JH!!!

Also I was thinking about this. @budgerie I wonder if it addresses your curiosity about why he seems so "weak" as compared to the historical definition of the character? My personal take on this is that LBW isn't like that, many a times we see he is decisive and courageous to make difficult decisions, but just that the powerful and ruthless aspect wasn't a persona of LBW that JH wanted to show, perhaps? Cos everyone knows LBW is smart and a great fighter, but not many see the softer side of him. And as for the fighting scenes, I'm coming to think that as a prince, he just lets his minions do all the work and he only kills the important enemies. And since he has limited screentime, he can't show every aspect of LBW. Haha. What do you think? 

According to my one korean friend (who also happens to be a history buff) and this is based on a conversation I had with her a long time ago, koreans view Bangwon precisely as a grey character. They see him as ruthless and scary but with respect (of course individual appreciation may vary) but I thought he was viewed like a “Hitler” and she said “Not at all”. Bangwon is seen more like a founding father of the nation, not a villain or a traitor. Monarchs who wasted their time and life on women and acted crazy, abused power but did nothing for the country or those who sold the country are the ones considered “villains”, with traitors and weaklings being the worse. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I don’t understand too! I was waiting since last night. And another website Dramanice doesn’t have the subbed version yet I’m still refreshing lol. It’s so weird they just cut it short. Why would one have only partial airing rights. 

Dramanice or Dramacool all took their subs from Netflix, so if Netflix doesn't have, they wont either.

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Maybe they're are filming the second strife and this is why the hair is messy? 

I wonder what led to the decision to change the hair. Are they trying to indicate the passing of time? I know if I have my hair so tightly bound like he had, I usually get a head ache. I wonder if that's the reason...

So these pictures are from yesterday? Meaning they are still filming the shows for next week? 

Of coz that is not the reason, JH is too professional for that.

But I am surprised too that they are still filming when next week is the finale? Thought we can see the wrap up party this weekend.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I don't like it either, it cannot be the new hairdo as he becomes the king right?

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

I like this messy hair. I don't like his hair too neat:grimace:

Ahhh well at least someone ilkes it so it's not that bad after all hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He looked like he was throwing tantrums..  haha

Think this is essentially the same trick from episode 3? YBW and his men pretending to be drunk, when in fact they are sober and waiting for action? The next episodes should be showing the second strife and YBW finally becoming a king, right? So, I can't imagine we'll be spending too much time on a broken YBW, but who knows with this show...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Think this is essentially the same trick from episode 3? YBW and his men pretending to be drunk, when in fact they are sober and waiting for action? The next episodes should be showing the second strife and YBW finally becoming a king, right? So, I can't imagine we'll be spending too much time on a broken YBW, but who knows with this show...

Lets hope not! I don’t wanna see a broken LBW for too long as well haha. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1