Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

coolreborn said: WTH. I want to go home and watch episode 25 now! How can this drama almost rule my life this days?.... I want to see the logic why but I can't. I just want to watch it!!! *Boss, can I go home? Can I? Can I go? pleeassee.... argh, if I can also say that... lol*

Couple of points I want to make after finally watching episode 25 with subs.

Originally I thought that Hae Seok's (Tamao's) death was going to bring salvation and hope for his mom and dad. I was hoping his parents will change because of his death, but after I saw this episode, I realized how big the scriptwriter wanted to emphasize what KS had been doing when he killed a person who did evil deed. (What goes around comes around logic?) I don't remember the exact phrase that he was putting in to the person he killed. Something about being evil and you have to pay back for your evilness. Because of this, I realized that KT & SJ will not be able to avoid death. I don't know why I was thinking that between KT & SJ, one will have to die, but now that I thought about it, I'm just afraid that it will be both because even with Tamao's death, his parents still had to take on the consequences of dying because they were so evil. So the theory of taking out innocent people to sacrifice for "mistakes" of other people is wrong on my part. I don't think I can say that anymore because now I realize that KT is NOT completely healed from his own wound. He is now still being afflicted by his own actions. He still felt pain because he killed his brother that is why he is not remorseful of killing SJ's brother. And I loved how he expressed his anger very clearly to SJ face to face.

BM25_02.jpg
BM25_04.jpg
^this scene was rather well planned out by the scriptwriter...by doing this, SJ has his way of capturing KT with witnesses that KT is indeed Bridal Mask. There is no running away with this as a criminal with evidence. SJ was so smart to have done what he did to try to trap KT into this.

BM25_05.jpg
^no other words could describe how great this scene was to me. I watched it the first time with English subs and I cried out loud with Kangto. I watched it again 2 times to hear exactly what KT was expressing to SJ and what SJ was expressing to KT. I have to say KT won on this one. I could feel his pain and his anguish when he was telling SJ about why he had killed KJ. And the fact that Koiso was listening and twitching made me think that even Koiso could understand KT's pain and was shocked to hear what KT was revealing to SJ. My poor Kangto!!! I am so sorry for your pain. <333 I cannot believe I was just talking for SJ's side and wasn't thinking of how KT have felt about his brother prior to hearing his side of the story. Hic hic. Now I know why KT & SJ's friendship can't be salvaged. Unfortunately it can't be especially if KT is still being afflicted by his past actions. His killing of his huyng.

BM25_13.jpg
BM25_14.jpg
BM25_15.jpg
^KT's last look at SJ and his way of accepting their different roads/paths in which they have to take. I'm so blown by the fact that KT didn't feel remorseful of killing KJ. I think maybe because he is still angry at his own killing and is still deeply regretful of what he did to his mom and his brother. Poor guy. He was really really really sorry for mom because he allowed KJ to have that opportunity to kill mom and even killed his brother when his brother was avenging for mom. *tears*

Couple more points. I see a little hope because Koiso tortured KT with whips and Taro put KT in the nailbox, but SJ only threatened KT with another guy. With that being said, SJ did not inflict KT using physical attacks right after KT expressed his grievances. Maybe there is still hope that SJ will still care and will forgive KT given the fact maybe KT's wound is deeper? Since KT killed his own brother and brought destruction towards mom? I don't know how to express why KT's wound is deeper than SJ. But I think SJ's wound is not as deep even though he might be regretful, but KT seems to be more regretful. Even though SJ might be totally angry that KT was his best friend and he loved KT like a bro, but KT did that to him, but KT innocently killed his brother with his own hands. Allowed the fate to reoccurr to mom by letting loose KJ who killed mom?

I am so touched by Mok Dan's love for Kang To. For her to kneel down and beg Rie like that makes me :'(. Mok Dan does have a soft spot and her soft spot is Kang To. I can't believe this girl who would not care if she has to walk into the nailbox or being whipped, yet knelt down and begged Rie to rescue her beloved Young Master. Sweetness overloaded.

I'm not feeling too well today due to weather conditions and things like that. I hope I can wake up tomorrow to watch live. I want to know what happens next!

If you're interested in some more screen captures, click on spoiler tags. It's limited cuz I'm not feeling well. Maybe another time I have time I will capture more as I love KT so much in this episode.

BM25_06.jpg
BM25_07.jpg
BM25_08.jpg
BM25_09.jpg
BM25_10.jpg
BM25_11.jpg
BM25_12.jpg

When I watched this scene, I was like " No! Kangto, don't pick that up! Forget it and run far far away with your Boon Yi" Untitled-76.pngUntitled-74.pngUntitled-73.png
*SIGH* Alas, despite the terrible condition he was in, he still had the presence of mind to stop and pick up the mask. Brings me back to what Kangto told Mok Dan "I don’t think I’ll be able to take off the mask. There are so many things to be done. Wherever I look, there are too many people in agony.”
p.s. Doesn't Joo Won looked so handsome and gorgeous despite all the beatings, whipping and torture he had to go through. This episode's Screencaps of him are just DAEBAK. And in these sceencaps above, I can't help but think even the new kickass female agent looks compatible with him. Is she going to take care of his wounds cuz in the preview, Mok Dan arrives when Kangto is already healed somewhat. Oh Mok Dan, can you be faster? 

Damsari makes his final decision?nooo i hope he won't die!!!i just love his character!!!

mrdimples said: coolreborn said: WTH. I want to go home and watch episode 25 now! How can this drama almost rule my life this days?.... I want to see the logic why but I can't. I just want to watch it!!! *Boss, can I go home? Can I? Can I go? pleeassee.... argh, if I can also say that... lol*

That waiter actually slipped his tongue by saying "Tasha Dong...(ji - comrade) and believe Shunji caught it up. Very afraid the next target of Shunji is Tasha and the Angel Club

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!
I went to take a snooze(working from home today) and I dreamt of Shunji, I mean Park Ki Woong! He was hot! But hey! I am supposed to dream of Joo Won! I want to cry again

This show is just killing me... My heart is in so much pain!!! I need Gaksital to save me, NOW!!!! Lol

I am so afraid for all the characters... who'll die next?? Ughhhhhhh... Why does this drama have to end????

Need to go calm my heart down....

Now that I have a proper reading and understanding of JW's OST and compared to MD's OST, MD is more of a mourning song to me than KT's. I think KT's song is only sad because of the separation, that MD is leaving ( MD may be persuaded to go away and therefore avoid being caught by SJ). It is rather stupid for MD to stay back now when she knew that SJ would come after her and KT also knew that SJ knew that MD is very good bait for catching YB, DSR and him. So it's only logic that they would want MD out of the way since she is the weakest link and she has no way of defending herself. Even KT can't help himself gettng caught and being tortured so MD would only be in mortal danger by staying back. But MD's song on the other hand is full of sorrow,so it might be her song while waiting for KT (either dead or alive is the part I am not too sure). But the stake of KT die at the end of the drama is very high.He got to destroy Koshikai, fighting with the Independent movement etc. his life is always in danger so it is reasonable to expect that he would die if not by SJ's hands then it would be by the Japanese in fighting for his country. May be we will know more by the end of this episode.

hi everyone!!!A small (AND RAPIDLY GROWING) group of us have started building a collaborative blog for anyone and everyone who has ever felt an itch to write about their favourite TV shows. We know how dramas TUG AT YOUR SOUL... so we've started a little project, inviting anyone who loves recaps to COME JOIN US!!!
We're super excited about this initiative, and have started posting already. Some of our contributors have put out requests as well, so if you want a recap, let us know here and here
Join us and journey into... *cue crazy mystical gayageum music* .... the Weird, Wonderful World of Recaps

OMI I got to run an errand and there's an article on Joo Won. @mojobobo or @sunshine4ever, are you able to translate it? This piece has many difficult chinese words which I am not certain. Otherwise, i will attempt later when I am back. 
In any case, the gist is the producer of Bridal Mask said that many actors should learn from Joo Won. And in his opinion, among the latest generation of actors, Joo Won stands out the most. 

@mrdimples : Yep! He pretty much stands out no matter what kind of category... hmmmm.... Yosha!!! Not required to do overtime work... will go early!!! So glad *Thank you Boss, lol*

More instrumental OSTs....

http://youtu.be/CtfWS4eChCU
OMG, my fav one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABAA98PC-xA&feature=share&list=ULABAA98PC-xA
This for Rie, so sad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGUPg1G_HAA&feature=share&list=ULaGUPg1G_HAA
OMIIIIIIIII, Han Chae Ah can sing? Her voice is so sultry. Can imagine her doing a waltz with Jun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTM1HWreNgY&feature=share&list=ULsTM1HWreNgY
if I listen to this when I drive, I am going to get the cops on my tail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAGCYcWm1D8&feature=share&list=ULWAGCYcWm1D8

mrdimples said:

@mrdimples : If I have that aegyoness, the problem will be solved. LOL. Thanks dear, you >

No!!! The pictures... no spoiler tags!!! My heart just sunk. :(( I think my heart exchange with my lungs.... :((

@ coolreborn need any antidote to bring your heart & lungs back to where they belong. me going to find some for meself coz my eyes feel like they wan to run away fr their homes now. Hav been staring into the pc whole day @ work tdy. Unfortunately not at our eye candy. Am feelg so tired. Going to bed early tonite I-)

This one I have no idea when these 2 appear, very vaguely remember the first one......but they are very nice. I need the album like NOW. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lvO1BTL78Y&feature=share&list=UL7lvO1BTL78Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtB7dTe1qCI&feature=share&list=ULLtB7dTe1qCI
the full list is here on BubbleFeetOSTCH1 Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL69A41A3AA406605C&feature=view_all

What I like about this album is that many of the songs and instrumental pieces evoke the feel of that era, so different from all the OSTs out there

OMI I got to run an errand and there's an article on Joo Won. @mojobobo or @sunshine4ever, are you able to translate it? This piece has many difficult chinese words which I am not certain. Otherwise, i will attempt later when I am back. 

In any case, the gist is the producer of Bridal Mask said that many actors should learn from Joo Won. And in his opinion, among the latest generation of actors, Joo Won stands out the most. 

@mrdimples are u referring to the article on baidu abt JW bring the best 'blue chip' in the entertainment industry this yr?

ctfrsgp said:

mrdimples

wrote:

»

OMI I got to run an errand and there's an article on Joo Won.

@mojobobo

or

@sunshine4ever

, are you able to translate it? This piece has many difficult chinese words which I am not certain. Otherwise, i will attempt later when I am back. <br />

mrdimples said: @cravey
Thanks so much for the 3 instrumentals. Just listening to the first one, I want to bawl already. There is another piece, something like a tango. Wonder if it is inside the album too, I love that one as well as it fits the era so perfectly. 
you said: So I've decided. Joo Won's next drama MUST BE ON A CABLE CHANNEL so that we could enjoy ALL of his acting talents At first, I was wondering why. So on cable, there is less censorship, I guess? I agree 100% that we should be allowed to enjoy the range of Joo Won's acting abilities. Even in Ojakgyo Brothers, fans were all so frustrated by the "chaste" kisses. And here on Bridal Mask, the way the love scenes were written was so ordinary. All credit goes to Joo Won who can make even hand holding exciting. And that ONE(sorry, can't help highlighting it!) kiss in the forest, the director actually asked for a peck only. This was revealed during the BTS. But Joo Won went in for a kiss and the director 'chided' him but Joo Won said after all, Kangto waited for a long time. 
Joo Won has already bared his butt in his theatre days, I definitely see him willing to explore such scenes if the show calls for it. Although in real life, you can't even see him shirtless. But when it comes to work, he seems that type who will give it all for art.