[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

I was re-watching episode 25 and noticed this

@coolreborn @mrdimples yah, tatz funny. Did u c the BTS? Our poor dearie had to climb over tat stupid wall do many times. He must be really tired aft tat shoot, though he is so cute hanging there or trying his best climbing over in his not-so-gaksial manner :))

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sunshine4ever i hav watched all previous 24 religiously bef but wanted to wait for the last one bef catching up. Guess i'm in a way trying to mentally prepare myself first in the mean time by reading the recaps and seeing the screenshots. To minimise the impact on my poor heart of actually see Joowon/Kangto getting beaten up badly. I had a hard time recovering fr seeing Joowon going thru those heartwrenching scenes in OB.

Anyway i am not expecting a fairytale ending for BM where "they will live happily everafter" :( i agree with @mojobobo. BM focuses more on bromance - we can see tat at the start between KT and KS, and then KT with SJ after KS died. Personally, it is not the romance part tat got me to watch BM every week before.

ther's so much I want to say but just not too much time , anyway I found this new fanmade video for our main couple ^_^ I liked it a lot cause it kind of gives us another story for them, which is Mok Dan falling for Kang-to first, that looks like a spoiler :P I hope you like it 

Guest sunshine4ever

@marie67, thanks for having a look out for the preview. I agree with @mrdimples now that it's kind of weird that I'm not even waiting for the preview. Maybe because it's a bit dreadful to think of the ending or maybe I'm afraid to part from BM, haha.

@yuhotarubi, thanks so much for the music video. It's great. Wow a fan even captured MD's facial expressions and matched it well with the scenes to make it as if she was really falling in love with KT and jealous. Some of the music videos make me want to go back and watch episode 1 again so much because I feel like I forgot a lot of the stuffs in this drama.

@ctfrsgp, oh no, JW's character in OB also suffers too? Ahh, I'm sure he is not going to be as suffering as KT, right? I can't believe mrdimples said she rewatch episode 25 again. I think the scene that KT was telling SJ his story and how he came to kill SJ's brother was one scene that made me cry. The rest was just gruesome so I didn't rewatch episode 25 again. Thanks for explaining to me  why you wouldn't watch it just yet. I think episode 26 was actually more sad and 25 is a little gruesome because they tortured KT.

@mrdimples, it's so great that you're starting to dissect Kang To. I want to talk about him and Mok Dan in a later post as you mentioned his pain. I'll explain to you later when I'm given time to dig through my mind what I wanted to say. :)

Annyeong dear BM chingu deul :)

:D@marie67 for a minute i cant believe my eyes to see Mokdan with a new beau..Joo Ji Hun. Then I look properly and you are a genius...to create a story like that. Lee Kang Too screaming OK MOK DAN is too cute!

Looking forward to this Wed and Thurs, finale week and hope that our wish come true.....HAPPY ENDING

@ctfrsgp, oh no, JW's character in OB also suffers too? Ahh, I'm sure he is not going to be as suffering as KT, right? I can't believe mrdimples said she rewatch episode 25 again. I think the scene that KT was telling SJ his story and how he came to kill SJ's brother was one scene that made me cry. The rest was just gruesome so I didn't rewatch episode 25 again. Thanks for explaining to me  why you wouldn't watch it just yet. I think episode 26 was actually more sad and 25 is a little gruesome because they tortured KT.

@sunshine4ever he and his lady went thru a difficult and sad phase before they get the happy fairytale ending

:\">

mojobobo said: HI FRIENDS I'M BACK!!!!! Have I been missed...
I just trawled through all the 20+ pages that I've missed and I'm so sad I wasn't here to participate in the discussion immediately after the episode. 
@mrdimples, thank you for the translations. I feel so bad for our actors. Especially Ki Woong because he seems so so tired and sick of his character. I think Ki Woong's real personality is more like Shunji when he was the teacher so now that Shunji has come to this stage, it's really taxing on the actor. I really hope he gets a good good rest after this. He strikes me as the gentle, whimsical guy (like his character in Full House 2). CAse in point --> see him playing with his dog lol!! He even made his dog do his CF dance WTF. I burst out laughing. --> http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XNDQ1MjU4NjY0/v.swf (Off topic but Ki Woong's dad is very good looking too kekeke)
And guys...my wish for 300 pages when I came back has not been met! Come on guys! Post away!!! 2 more episodes left! I saw some very awesome analysis so keep them coming!!!
Honestly, I think the male actors are totally owning this drama. Bromance ftw! I really like that their bromance continues off screen kekekek
It seems like today is the last day of shooting, at least for Goiso. He just tweeted that it's the last day of filming and I think he misses the office because he tweeted the folllowing piccies

Guest sunshine4ever

class="entry-title"Kim Ung Soo “Joo Won is the key of Gaksital’s success, he is a great actor"

2wnnuqx.png

Translators: nakyung, sunshine4ever

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201208151559052210

News taken from: Joo Won International Fansclub

“I think he is a great actor” the senior actor Kim Ung Soo gave that praise for his hoobae – Joo Won.

Kim Ung Soo plays Director of Royal Officer Konno on the drama “Bridal Mask” and he treats Joo Won very well.

In the recent interview, when talking about “Bridal Mask,” Kim Ung Soo said: “Joo Won performed well as Lee Kang To in “Bridal Mask.” He was worrying about it, but he was so diligent and worked hard that was why the drama got high ratings.”

He asked Joo Won: “Do you know how excellent you are?”, “Your ideal is great but for me, Lee Kang To now is more than great. From now on, don’t let your mind transforms to someone else, seriously!” After hearing that, he said “Yes” and smiled adorably. (Joo Won used his Japanese accent when saying “yes.” [as he would say to yes to Konno])

Kim Ung Soo has a reason to praise that “Joo Won is great” as there was a survey with some Japanese movie stars about “Bridal Mask.” Kim Ung Soo said that some prissy Japanese movies stars acknowledged Joo Won for his acting skills in Gaksital.

Kim Ung Soo emphasized that he had never heard of any statements from the Japanese that they don’t like Joo Won or Joo Won’s performance. He said that when he asked Joo Won, “How could you not film because of the reputation for Japan?” Joo Won just listened, then he continued to ask, “Because you beat the Japanese (in Bridal Mask), so that was why the Japanese will not like you? In the fans club, did anyone say anything to you [regarding beating]?” Joo Won answered, “No.” Kim Ung So praised Joo Won and explained that nobdy dislikes Joo Won at all.

“Kim Ung soo thought if Joo Won would be suitable to this drama? Because Joo Won has the overheight of the Korean at that time, but that is just something they were worrying bout. Kim Ung Soo said, “After Joo Won got used to his character he was able to performed well.”

“He did an amazing job. I was so shocked when I found out that he is amazing actor. If you go to the official site of Gaksital, you will see there are a lot of comments for Joo Won. There are a lot of praises about his acting skills. That is why those worries about the Hallyu stars do not matter. We have to choose those actors based on their acting skills.

Kim Ung Soo emphasized about the importance of keeping history, “When I was 29 years-old living in Japan, my friends were just about twenty-year-old so they did not know much about history. Whenever we talk about the past then they would talk about history. Sometimes I felt like I dislike myself.”

“I don’t like my friends because they talk about history. I told them that “If you only know about this? Even when you and I die, it’s still just a historic moment, you have to live peacefully each other. I said them don’t forgive what the previous generation did.

Kim Ung Soo affirms the problem in history. He said, “The youths should know a lot about history and the heroes in the history.  It is very important to pass down the heroes’ legacy to the youths.”

Kim Ung Soo shared his beliefs and thinking honestly and with confidence.

sunshine4ever said: @marie67, thanks for having a look out for the preview. I agree with @mrdimples now that it's kind of weird that I'm not even waiting for the preview. Maybe because it's a bit dreadful to think of the ending or maybe I'm afraid to part from BM, haha.

@yuhotarubi, thanks so much for the music video. It's great. Wow a fan even captured MD's facial expressions and matched it well with the scenes to make it as if she was really falling in love with KT and jealous. Some of the music videos make me want to go back and watch episode 1 again so much because I feel like I forgot a lot of the stuffs in this drama.

@mrdimples, it's so great that you're starting to dissect Kang To. I want to talk about him and Mok Dan in a later post as you mentioned his pain. I'll explain to you later when I'm given time to dig through my mind what I wanted to say. :)

Guest sunshine4ever

@marie67, love the pic you just post!! haha. I also saw some of what you posted at Faith and it was equally hilarious as well.

@mojobobo, I'm shocked to read that you read all the pages! And it's true you really did go through the pages. Kudos to you. Thank goodness you're back. I just feel like I should shut up so people could start talking or something for a couple of days. lol.

@nhatkhanh, thank you so much for allowing me to help with the translation of the news. I cannot believe it. sunshine4ever made it to Joo Won International Fansclub. :) If it's by myself, I'd never be able to translate that long article. But I think I should buy a Vietnamese and English dictionary. Translating helps me appreciate all who translate for me.

@rhaps, thanks for your answering..oh and you know I think you read about me switching boat right? I'm going back to ship with KT on his pain, but I can empathize with SJ's pain also.

@coolreborn, thanks for brighten my day. I like to laugh and most of the posts you posted were funny. :)

Guest aida038

marie67 said:

Man this waiting for the preview is killing me on one hand, and on the other hand I just want to wait forever for it, I just DONT WANT IT TO END!!!!

Here is a pic I made ;)

mrdimples said: Yes. I rewatched that scene in episode 25 again and again. In my very first viewing which was live streaming. I was cringing throughout the whole whipping scene and when they put him in the box, I was screaming on the inside. I even took off the ear plugs cuz Kangto's screams and the sound of that cage and i would imagine nails piercing his body was just too much to take. 
But I went back to rewatch it because there was something in there which Kangto brought forth. It was not just the terrible physical pain but more. And it tied in together with what he said to Shunji when they had the one to one. That's why I tried as hard as I can to encapsulate the underlying thoughts and emotions of the entire scene. 
For those who cannot bear to watch the scene, please try. I am not a sadist. It is just that these actors put so much into a scene like this so I think as a viewer, I will like to appreciate their hard work by watching it no matter how uncomfortable it made me feel. If you see how films are produced, they do a lot of takes and a lot more film(old typology) is used than what actually appear on the drama itself after editing. So for that particular scene, I can only imagine what Joo Won went through to produce the final effect we saw. And not to forget that crazy, emotional one between him and PKW, so much that PKW cried when he wasn't even supposed to. 

rhaps said: Hi everyone..

I went out of town last week and have.no time to post anything, just read the comments. Now, as usual, tons of works are waiting.. I just wanna say thx a lot for he instrumental ost and all the discussion. I actually have so much things to respon your posts, about KT-MD-Shunji,but I really didnt have time. Now I've lost them and I kinda forgot whose posts were those..so, yeah..let's keep my thoughts for myself.

@mrdimples and @sunshine4ever, I too dont really expect the preview coz I dont want BM to end :p. Then again, now that I think about it, it's better to end the series while it's still good than to have en extension that deteriotes the quality. This will make BM memorable.

In addition, for someone who asks whether JooWon was suffered or not in OB, yes he did. I only watched a view episodea of OB, but I read almost all the recaps. JooWon character also had his inner conflicts since childhood. Its a different one with his character in Baker King, and JooWon managed to deliver a good performance in describing those characters with their own uniqueness. But, KangTo's suffering is the worst compares to those two. Still, JooWon describe all those 3 people as different people with different personalities. Kudos for him.

Archived