Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

Hi everyone, edited my post up there, it has translations for preview in case anyone's looking for some translation for preview for episode 20. Oh, I cannot believe this drama is ending soon. I want it to be longer. I wish we have 38 episodes of this drama instead of 28 now. Every episode has so much excitement.

I think Joo Won lost weigh on his cheeks for this episode. I just watched episode 19 again and I think his cheek are skinnier. I like his new looks/cheeks. But I am sorry he lost his weigh due to lack of sleep/eating.
texashot said: Off topic, I have siii Samsung, how do you UN highlighted to see the spoilers?

i hope gaskal will be ok...hate that preview scenes with Rie...we  still have 9 episodes...i was hopping KIMURA Sunji will find the truth only in the end....last 2 episodes, but not now...

OMGGGGG I'm freaking out right now.
I can't believe the progress this drama is making. It's astonishing. I'm really loving the direction this is headed.
I kind of LIKE that there's some conflict between SJ+MD+KT. Like, for the preview for ep. 20 when shunji hugs mokdan in front of KT! Of course, it's not all that intense, cause KT+MD relationship is pretty solidified. BUT I'm curious to see how the role of comfort women affect MD. Because from what I know, comfort women existed even previous to the 1930s, although it was most prominent in the 30s and 40s. And I've learned that most Korean women were subject to being so called "comfort women" -- which is horrendous, but it was wide and common practice for the Japanese. They made "comfort women" from all of the Southeast Asian countries they colonized. And Korea is no exception, so I'm glad this drama is bringing in that historical aspect into the drama.
I'm also intrigued at the dynamics between KT and Rie! I always knew she was Korean for REASON. I'm hoping there will be some redeeming quality to her character, because after all, she is Korean, not to mention she's in love with KT. LOL but it seems Katsuyama was a bit jealous of KT.
I want MD to kinda soften herself up to SJ and USE HIM, like SJ does to everyone he essentially TORTURES. I want SJ to believe that there is a possibility between him & MD so that MD could use him to her advantage, and when SJ finds out about MD + KT, the deeper it will cut him -- in terms of the extent of her betrayal. Because right now, it doesn't even seem like SJ will be surprised or HURT if KT turned out to be BM. I want SJ to feel the PAIN. I want him to feel BACKSTABBED and confused. I want him to feel like an idiot, essentially, for trusting KT and MD. BC I'm really starting to despise his character (although I love him as an actor, he's def. great, very comparable to JW, if not better). 
Also, @andy78 I totally know what you mean, because I was hoping for SJ to discover everything later... I don't know how the writers are gonna continue to have KT hide his identity, esp. with him getting kicked out of the police station, and all the new evidence against him. 
I'm really curious to see how RIE is gonna react though to her new discovery. AHHH & I really want more moments with KT/MD. Them secretly holding hands is kind of romantic, and heartfelt, but I want there to be some more...conflict? Some more struggle. It's definitely not easy right now, but I want more scenes with MD/KT/SJ. I want to see how KT reacts to SJ overstepping his boundaries toward MD. And I want to see MD's reaction. LOL ok now I'm rambling but OHMYGAAAAD!! I loved this episode. 
RIP comrades

YAY, WONDERFUL RATINGS! *___*

And today there were also Ghost and Arang special!

But Gaksital is unstoppable (5 points higher than Ghost, 12.9 - 18.3)!

*dance of victory*

Although KT is essentially USING Rie, I don't like all the skin ship and scenes they are sharing together! The main couple should have more scenes together!! Also, I don't think it's fair b/c I want MD to be doing something too, like USING SJ. Both need to be proactive, & working together. 
IDK and although I want Rie to help KT in the end, because she's Korean, I also don't wanna think about how that will affect Rie ultimately. She will probably be cast out or even killed by her adoptive father. I don't see a happy ending for her. I only see death (if she helps KT out). So it's all confusing, but I have faith in the writers to come up with something amazing.
But at this point.... There's no redemption left for SJ anymore. The only way it can end for SJ is death. I'm sad that SJ/KT are full blown enemies at this point. I knew it had to be this way, but I can't believe they're just not even friends anymore.. And it didn't HAVE to be that way, b/c as far as SJ knows, KT ISN'T BM... So why has SJ neglected their friendship? In my POV, KT isn't the one actively working to destroy their friendship. SJ is the one pushing him away, having doubts, etc. It's probably b/c KT confessed to loving MD but I still don't think that's the only reason why SJ turned his back on KT.
SJ just went off the deep end. =( 

Yes, 18% is very very good! =)

Expecially for a drama so complex, deep, and unique as Gaksital. It's not an easy rom-com, or a sageuk, but a drama intense and hard to watch for the koreans (the japanese dominion is an open wound for them). Under 10% is a flop, between 10-12 is quite good, over 13% is good, and so on. But the ratings depend also by  the competition with other dramas in the same slot.

OMG the chemistry!!
new OST!!! I love Joo Won intervention in tha song !!! *remembering the awesome OST of The Princess Man* love the italian songs and everything even though I speak spanish xD
want to thank all about the spoilers cant write a lot since I'm at work when the drama airs 
anyway
is it my imagination or the odds are giving a hard time to our hero I mean Rie will know... he is getting in the wolf's house... (technically Kishokai's) 

I think we are getting to that point in a drama that everything will go against one but later we can have hope just saying the writer is amazing now I'm a fan of her she give us tons of emotions en each episode and the actors wow!!! JUST WOW!!   =D> =D> 
and the rating yohoooooo *jumping around my house*

Oh, wow, so happy for the ratings  :bz Ghost ends 2morrow, let's see how BM will do next week against Arang, but I think it won't flop very much. Fingers crossed B-)

i'm so upset that KT has more intimate scenes with Rie than he does with MD.seriously, KT-MD should have more scenes than anyone else

@marie67  yes, "comfort women" is a nice word for forced sexual slavery. The women don't voluntarily choose to do so, but they are forced into sexual slavery because of the economic/social/political conditions of colonization. The Japanese definitely didn't go easy on the women, even with their own Japanese women, they heavily oppressed them (women in general). They used the term "comfort women" b/c it was mainly for the soldiers/imperial officers to keep up their "morale" in terms of hardship, so that they won't give up fighting for Japan/ & the emperor. So the Japanese gov't instituted using colonized women as sex slaves so that the Japanese army/police would be "sexually satisfied" - therefore, it was also VERY legal & a common practice. 
I'm very interested to see how the writers integrate this dark piece of history (comfort women) and bring light to the situation through these characters, esp. MD. I want to see her in control of her sexuality and use it to her advantage. Of course, I don't wanna see any rape scenes or anything, but I want to see how this piece of history gets played out in this drama =P 
So it's interesting, to see this dark history at play, because we can see the reactions of both the Japanese and Koreans and see how the Koreans overcome these issues through this drama. 
& Thanks @tucci @valinor500 for your response! I want BM to get at least 30% ratings! It totally deserves it! But as @tucci stated, I guess b/c it's a dark period piece, it's probably harder to earn ratings. I agree though, that the ROMANCE sparked the higher ratings, so give us more!! LOL 
I really think there should be more scenes w/ the MAIN couple, esp. cause I wanna track their progress, and really see both MB and KT's love for each other grow. I want to especially see KT love MD (& vice versa, because I noticed someone posted earlier that KT may only LOVE MD b/c she's BY & not the current MD, so on BOTH SIDES, I wanna see the progress in the relationship, where they grow the bond. It's kinda silly cause they just AUTOMATICALLY have the bond and they're so trusting toward each other...
I want SJ/RIE to kinda shake up that trust, so they can establish it again, firmly, and w/ some more romance! 

@jillia : my heart and ovaries just got damaged with your posted pics of Kang To. OMG!!!! His soooooo cute and seeexy!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

@cravey : those gifs!!! *squeals*

I've been thinking of the Japanese occupation and from what they did with our country, it really was bad. I don't know with Korea but if what happened to us also happened in Korea then I'm beating more injustice will happen in Gaksital. It might come to a point where almost everything will seem to be lost. More rebellion, more killings especially the civilians, women violated. I just hope Mokdan will not suffer that kind of stuff coz it will really be bad. That is, if the story will go to that part of history, 1942-1945. But I think the story happened before this so I don't know the Korean history at that time.

I'll be watching the two episodes on weekends. I hope my internet connection will not die on me coz Gaksital will never forgive the internet connection! if it did. And then I will watch Joo Won on 1N2D on Sunday... Happiness!!

Oh, I've been telling my friend about Gaksital and showing Joo Won's pics and she told me his cute and became interested with Gaksital. I'll be giving her my Gaksital collection. She also ask me about Lee Min Ho and I kidded her by saying "Who's that I only know Moon Joo Won today?" and she glared at me like Gaksital, hahahaha. :D

This thread is amazing. Some here don't even seem to need sleep. I know we are all in different time zones but sometimes I see people posting almost round the clock. Woke up this morning to 40 new posts, trying to catch up on all. Some thoughts
1) Gaksital slashing the Japanese flag.If I am not wrong, this is the flag the Japanese used during war, different from the one which is just plain white and the red sun in the middle. But still I thought the drama was brave to do that considering there will be more in Japan who will be incensed and some Koreans are even apologetic when it  comes to such issues. For me, if it is a spade, call it a spade. The show is set in Japanese occupation of Korea so I appreciate that they don't dance around such stuff. 2) Comfort women@serendipity8989 thanks for the explanation. I was about to reply to @marie67. I didn't study history but although rape is common during war as a form of humiliation and subjugation by aggressors, I think Japan were the only ones who have instituted this practice of comfort women. It was the most utter form of degradation. Although no one can forget and I think forgiving is the way to move on, it's made worse than the Japanese had never fully owned up and apologised for this act and all those atrocities. Generations born after the war were and perhaps still are kept in the dark concerning these issues. I am again surprised that this drama actually touches on this. I am not sure how far they will delve into the subject but kudos to the entire production for not skirting real issues and bowing to external pressures. 3) Preview-some questions-I know it's not always in chronological order but I am kind of baffled. At end of ep19, we saw that the new chief kicked Kangto out and as Sparkskey transated over at Softy's, Kangto is indeed out of the police force. Then how come, he is still driving Shunji around in his police uniform and that scene of Shunji hugging Mok Dan, Kangto was in the white uniform. Unless he got re-instated? Through Rie? I don't know cuz he has zero backing with Konno gone. -some netizens were speculating that in the last scene of the preview where Kangto held Mok Dan's hands, he was confessing to Shunji that he is still in love with Mok Dan and that they are together. If that's true, I am also surprised. I thought they will hide it from Shunji longer. Maybe Kangto is afraid of what Shunji might do to Mok Dan since he is getting bolder and more physical. Not sure if it will work cuz Shunji looks mad enough to do anything. 

@mrdimples : I only watch Korean dramas that appeals to me and starred by Korean actors that I like. Bae Yong Joon, Jang Geun Suk, Lee Seunggi and now, Moon Joo Won. Yeah only four and I did not watch all of the dramas that they are in coz some I don't like or I got bored watching. Joo Won's Bridal Mask is by far the best for me, almost beating all of the animes that I watched and I watched more than a hundred and that tells something. I even almost forgot that today is the update day of my favorite mangas because I've been thinking of Bridal Mask and that did not happen to me before. Darn Bridal Mask! I can't wait to watch the two episodes this weekend.