Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

What I was originally going to say ... @mrdimples, @coolreborn and @RoxyYEH (and everyone else who talked about baby JW): on the goodness that is Joo Won.
I'd never even heard of the guy before watching Gaksital. And when I looked at the stills: he's not my type at all. High cheekbones, those eyes *hm* a little like Junki (Iljimae, Arang) - just not my style (I like Shunji! Damsari! Baek Gun *fans herself* oh, the hotness). But really - by the end of the second episode this little boy had become my favorite Asian actor ever. Really. The way he puts his whole soul into his acting just blows me away. There are actors who are far more sexy to me, and those that are even better (i.e. more experienced) at acting. But something in the way JW acts and behaves just speaks to me in a way that no one else has ever done before. Sometimes, I even find him wildly attractive, though it makes me feel really guilty (he is soooo young *sigh*, I'm really trying my best not to think of him as sexy, but that's losing battle)...

btw. I've shown the video of JW in the car singing and just being cute, that some fans had compiled a while ago. She doesn't care for Asians (or anybody non-blond), at all, but she said it was like watching a video full of fluffy cats. So now he's "cat boy" in our personal jargon. lol.

See, this is a much happier topic. Yep. o^___^o

@stoffkimbaYou are Totally Awesome. Thank goodness my part was brief, it's so telling that I am no history student nor well read in this area, LOL.
I can't write long pieces so just my thoughts :1) If the Japanese feel uncomfortable with how they are portrayed or issues with the flag, I can understand. I was also hopeful that the show will not completely demonized Shunji and use him or people like Abe to show that not all were corrupt and deplorable during the occupation. I always feel the humans tend to act a certain way when they come together as opposed to how they will act or react as individuals. And this coming together can work for the better or worse as history has shown and still happening now. But for the Koreans to criticised the earlier slashing of the banner, I was like "WT#$@%" It's one thing to lack empathy about national issues but another to feel apologetic for showing the truth. I have even seen posts that deride this show cuz it will offend the Japanese sensitivity and jeopardise the Hallyu star's careers in Japan* massive eyeroll*2) Thanks for sharing so much information about the comfort women and the apologies by Japan. I laughed at your comment that Emperor Akihito might be a closet lefty. I guess what these victims and the countries want is more consistent action from Japan like not whitewashing their history books and shutting up the left wingers. Read at DB that one Japanese tourist went to Korea and commented that it's no wonder that Korea has the most prostitutes and made some reference to that being the reason why during the world war, Korean women 'chose' to be comfort women. I wonder how they dealt with man? It's easy to 'hate' the Japanese when it comes to things like this but I choose to believe that many more are not and the worst they ever did was to be ignorant of the facts. 3) Women has always been subjugated for a long long time and it's appalling that it is still happening in parts of the world. So glad that we are born in the right place, aren't we. 

@stoffkimba : I know how you feel. I lost that battle way back at episode 1, In Baker King I was like, "Oh his cute" and saw him again at 1N2D and I was, "Oh my, his funny" and then Bridal Mask, I was "MY GOODNESS!!! HIS SO FREAKING SEXY, HOT, COOL, HANDSOME!!! *and many more :D" I did not even think that his young anymore but I think of him as a man, hahahaha. See Joo Won, look what you did to me? *sighs*

Haha! those talks about Joo Won..I really have to say that he's dominating and 'ruining' my life at the moment. LOL.

The news today is pretty calm without any spoilers for today's episode, except this one:

48501306.2.jpg

:-S

(source)

EDIT

another one

201208091704072210_1.jpg

(source)

so for the time being we can stay calm....Rie might not shoot Gaksital but will only confront him...but we'll never know what follows next! *nervous*

the story is getting interesting...too bad Anna died...but I guess she kill herself not becos she afraid she will reveal KT is BM, but becos she knew KT is the BM, so she also knew KT & DSR too wud risk their life trying to save her

But tho the story progress fast, I feel frustrated becos KT & MD scenes & progress are getting less...I still luv those episodes when MD still didnt know who BM is, that have MD caught KT staring at her in the mirror, they start bickering & such...or the time when KT chase her & held her against the door trying to warn her indirectly to be careful that there's a traitor in her team..

I wish they will have more scene together...we've seen KT jealous of MD & SJ a couple of times at least....even now tho he's sure of MD's feeling for him, he still cant help himself feeling jealous when SJ touch his woman...& i want MD to feel the same way too..tho she knows KT being nice to Rie for a reason, she stil sulk at KT that he's going out of his mind trying to console her...at least my evil mind want to see sumthing along the line >:)

@stoffkimba, @coolreborn @RoxyYEH
I am really late when it comes to crushing on idols. I was never the teenager who would go crazy over idols, paste their photos everywhere or stalk them etc etc. And I have watched a number(not a lot) of kdramas over the years and am amazed that there can be such a concentration of good-looking actors and actresses who can act as well. As I said before, good looks are a dime and a dozen. I am not immune to them. I admit I give a show more chances or perhaps try to interest myself in watching if the actor is good looking. But good looks alone is not enough, at least not enough to drive one so crazy. I remember the first time I saw Joowon in Ojakgyo Brothers, I found him good looking but not my type. For reasons unknown, guys I like all have single eyelids. I couldn't explain why everyone was falling over Lee Min Ho and I wasn't. I did enjoy his shows but definitely far from being attracted to him. So i categorised him under "Handsome, Loved by many but not by me coz  he has big pretty eyes" Joowon was enough of eye candy to make me watch more episodes of OB and before I knew it, I was hooked, line and sinker. He is a totally fascinating person both off and onscreen. I love to see him on 1N2D(though may not be accurate representation of true self but closest we can get) and I love it more to see him act onscreen. He just brings a character to live. It's like you can't find Joowon in the character, he has become the character. I have been noticing and I think I am right to say this guy does quite a bit of thinking to add depth to his character. One of the things he does is to create a certain mannerism for the particular character and this mannerism is most likely not even his own. In OB, as Hwang Taehee, he likes to richard simmons his head to one side when he is puzzled. In BM, I was noticing that whenever he feels stressed or need to prepped himself for something, he will closed his eyes briefly and take a deep breath. And he exhibits none of these mannerisms in his own self and its entirely unique to that certain character. You know some actors/actresses have the same mannerisms in whatever role they play. 
An amazing show BM might be, I can't say I would have enjoyed it or even watched it if Joowon is not Lee Kangto. 

kaeru-chan said: Haha! those talks about Joo Won..I really have to say that he's dominating and 'ruining' my life at the moment. LOL.

The news today is pretty calm without any spoilers for today's episode, except this one:

@kaeru-chan : OH! Rie is pointing a gun at Gaksital. But Gaksital was having a  "So you point a gun at me huh?" look. If Rie, as you mention here, might know that Gaksital and Kang To is the same person, we will now see if Rei will side with him or not. God, you guys are really killing me with the spoilers...

I wish I could draw like this. Look at Mok Dan's hair, seems qutie a bit messier than it actually did. Guess when you are the artist you can take some liberty. credit artist D on DC viewimagephpidjoowonno29bcc427b78b77a16f

Horsey: "stop romping on my hay"

@mrdimples : that's a real nice pic. Yeah his totally different, that's why I was blown away when I saw him in Gaksital. I'm completing the 58 episodes (so many, *whines*) of Ojakyo then I'll be watching it. Maybe because he was a musical actor and studied in theater and took his profession in his heart. I only like 4 Korean actors to date and his climbing my own chart to number 1. Lee Min-ho was also popular here at our country re: Boys Over Flower and so many flowers (girls) went over heels with him and I was like, "Not my type!" and come City Hunter and yes, many more flowers feel for him and they are even comparing it with Gaksital now, but I can't get my self to be interested. I guess, Joo Won's pheromone *laughs* finally reached me. lol. 

@kaeru-chan

wow..that second pic, she must have walked towards Kangto after pointing the gun at him when she got out of the car. Rie, why do you have to walk over and get closer to Kangto? And what are you looking at? The flute? [-/spoiler]

Oh no. I hope Mok Dan won't be a "comfort woman". Too heartbreaking.

I feel that Mok Dan admires Kang-To more than Gaksital now that she knows what kind of dangers he has to go through playing both sides.

Also I hope to see more action from

Damsari. He has had more casualty than victories and have not been able to follow through with his promises. I don't know. Seems like he is portrayed as rather weak as a commander.

Wait, question about ep. 19: did damsari find out that kang to was gaksital? There was never a reveal or anything, one scene he has a mask on, then later they are planning with no mask in sight. Is it implied?