Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@mrdimples, just wanna say that I also wonder why people are so in love.with TMTETS. I have the movie at home, but I dont have the interest to watch it..just a quick view of some interesting scenes. Maybe bcoz I prefer a unique and rich drama, and bcoz I'm interested on the 30th settings, so that I'm in love with BM rather than TMTETS.. And off course, we have JooWon here. He is not that handsome, but I find him more attractive than KSH.

Wahh, feel glad that we will have another gaksital tonight. Hopefully the story stays interesting and not being trapped on too many romance, since new dramas like Arang is coming. A gentle and loving stare that we have last night was beautiful..I really like it.

And about the preview, I think the scene where KT is driving Shunji is gonna happen after KT was kicked out of the office. He has.somekind of bruise on his left cheek..I think he was hit by someone when he was kicked out. Then, Shunji somehow meet him *since KT is still wearing the uniform* and maybe ask him to drive him and go get MD bcoz he has something he wants to take about.

That is what I think. Thx God we dont have to wait for a week to find the answer..

After watching ep19 and the preview to ep20... all i got to say is... Bring it all, Gaksital will take you all down (can't wait for that moment)!!! 

Bridal Mask @ Gaksital... when it's air in Astro Malaysia i only managed to watch this drama when kangto found his brother was the Gaksital. Only from that part i already can feel Joo Won acting is sooo good.. to be frank i never know him..:) starting from that i start watch Gaksital.. And to be honest this drama really worth watching. I go on watching from 1st episode till episode 18. Now i'm keep on go to soompi to get the latest news of this drama.. i can't wait to watch it.. Joo Won from a very strict person become so much in love with Mok Dan (there's many feeling you can see in him..:).. and Shunji.. he also one of the good actor from innocent look now he becomes scary or creepy. I love Joo Won and Park Ki Woong acting.

Not forgetting i ship Kangto & Mok Dan too...:) they are soo match..:)

wow... WOW this episode really was amazing...
talk about heartbreaking loyalty
seriously i have to give her a huge standing ovation...

its so rare to see such strong women characters in dramas these days…
and damn was she strong.
she stood up and fought for what she believed after being shot, tortured and burned.
she looked into death’s eyes and said kiss my joseon ahem.

bravo.

Thoughts on Mok Dan
I think in ep 19, we can see the change in Mok Dan's thinking. It's subtle but she is getting there as she ought to be. 
1) She actually stop herself from going out to find out about her father. Not that she didn't weigh the risk all those previous times but this time Gaksital is not just a masked hero who saved her, it is her love, Lee Young/Kangto. So she has started to put him as her top priority, yeah.2) When Kangto and Mok Dan exchanged looks and each were thinking in their heads, isn't it interesting that they both thought differently. Kangto was telling her, Don't worry, I saved your father. For him, it's the utmost show of love, to risk a lot to save the loved one of your beloved. Because you know she will be devastated if anything happens to her father. Mok Dan was asking him : Are you Okay? Oooh....i know she knew her father was saved and alive and of course by looking at Kangto standing there, she can visually tell he is not harmed in any serious way. But she didn't ask, "is my father Ok?" Damsari was very frail after all the torture and imprisonment so she must have worried a lot about his health. But here, the first question she asked is if Kangto is ok. 
more slurppy sweetness tonight pleeeaseee

mrdimples said:
3) Preview-some questions-I know it's not always in chronological order but I am kind of baffled. At end of ep19, we saw that the new chief kicked Kangto out and as Sparkskey transated over at Softy's, Kangto is indeed out of the police force. Then how come, he is still driving Shunji around in his police uniform and that scene of Shunji hugging Mok Dan, Kangto was in the white uniform. Unless he got re-instated? Through Rie? I don't know cuz he has zero backing with Konno gone. 

kaeru-chan said: mrdimples said:
3) Preview-some questions-I know it's not always in chronological order but I am kind of baffled. At end of ep19, we saw that the new chief kicked Kangto out and as Sparkskey transated over at Softy's, Kangto is indeed out of the police force. Then how come, he is still driving Shunji around in his police uniform and that scene of Shunji hugging Mok Dan, Kangto was in the white uniform. Unless he got re-instated? Through Rie? I don't know cuz he has zero backing with Konno gone. 

Why did Kang To not save Konno? I didn't watch the episode yet, but my mom just told me... and I'm quite busy to look into it right now. Thanks a bunch!

OH MY GOODNESS THAT PREVIEW!!!!

I wonder if Kangto will suspect anything when he recovers his consciousness =X Treading on thin ice brother!

And Shunji…he didn’t even change when he found out about Kangto’s mum and brother. Why do I feel he’s crossed the point of no return? I don’t think the writer is going to let him be redeemed. I’m so sad the bromance is gone.

I feel a bit of pity for Rie because she knows Kangto is lying but she still wants to believe it. Too bad lady, he’s got Mok Dan. Maybe, just maybe, she will help Kangto and change just like he did. *crosses fingers*

I think Kangto wanted to punch Shunji when he hugged Mok Dan. Or I would have punched him. Hidden message AND messing with the girl your ex-friend loves? So low, Shunji, but I know you are capable of worse =X

It seems like Konno’s friend, the Governor, is going over to the dark side?

@rhaps, I think Kangto doesn’t have much choice than to try and infiltrate Kishokai because it’s the source of all information. He’s taking a gamble and hoping it will pay off. I certainly hope so too but we saw how he pulled at Rie’s heartstrings by asking her how they were so similar, two Joseon people becoming Japanese. I think he will find a way hahah.

I think tonight’s episode is going to make us all scream a lot of times =X

Did I really just spend four hours reading all the posts I missed? ...anyway. That Rie/KangTo scene! I am absolutely shipping them now, sorry KT/MD shippers...haha. I really thought they'd forgotten or given up on the whole "Rie likes Kang to" plot they introduced way back, hurray for coming back! I feel like Rie has so much depth and character development potential. Plus she's more likely to understand what Kangto's gone through. Poor girl, she's gunna get her heart broken. I'd ship Rie/shuunji, since I love a good love/hate relationship, but shuunji really has crossed that literary unredeemable line these past few episodes.... Can't wait for tomorow! Will definately be watching the raw between classes ^_^

@mojobobo, yeah..I know that he's gambling by trying to enter Kishokai. I actually tought that perhaps the writer had some scenario that could make KT did that without anyone's suspicion. But, I was shocked after watching the preview of epi 20 since..everything bad happens exactly just like what I thought it will! I mean, previously, I predicted bad things would happen on him, but he usually managed to get away. Now, everyone is saying that he's gaksital. When Rie drugged him, I was like.."Okay, you're dead now. Even Rie wont be fooled anymore".

In addition, Shunji also almost discovers his secret. So now, KT is kinda surrounded. Everybody seems to know or suspect him as gaksital, yet he's still trying to enter Kishokai?? I dont think that's gambling, but that's suicide.

Haha..I cant believe that I got panic bcoz of a movie :P. Tonight, I guess I'm gonna freak out more :P.

@mrdimples said: This thread is amazing. Some here don't even seem to need sleep. I know we are all in different time zones but sometimes I see people posting almost round the clock. Woke up this morning to 40 new posts, trying to catch up on all. Some thoughts
1) Gaksital slashing the Japanese flag.If I am not wrong, this is the flag the Japanese used during war, different from the one which is just plain white and the red sun in the middle. But still I thought the drama was brave to do that considering there will be more in Japan who will be incensed and some Koreans are even apologetic when it  comes to such issues. For me, if it is a spade, call it a spade. The show is set in Japanese occupation of Korea so I appreciate that they don't dance around such stuff. 2) Comfort women@serendipity8989 thanks for the explanation. I was about to reply to @marie67. I didn't study history but although rape is common during war as a form of humiliation and subjugation by aggressors, I think Japan were the only ones who have instituted this practice of comfort women. It was the most utter form of degradation. Although no one can forget and I think forgiving is the way to move on, it's made worse than the Japanese had never fully owned up and apologised for this act and all those atrocities. Generations born after the war were and perhaps still are kept in the dark concerning these issues. I am again surprised that this drama actually touches on this. I am not sure how far they will delve into the subject but kudos to the entire production for not skirting real issues and bowing to external pressures.

OMG!!!  Joo Won the Man in White. He looks so good *fans myself*. He looks real hot.

* I almost strangled a friend who saw Joo Won and told me, "His not that handsome" and I was like "What the f@ck.... get out of here". Mind you, I'm going to get back at her with her own favorite actor -evil laugh >:)- *

@coolreborn Pfft haha, have mercy on your friend. I thought like that too when I first saw him (please don't strangle me, btw). But now seeing his acting skills I'm like, "Joo Won so friggin' hot". I guess I find actors who acts well more attractive than someone less capable in acting. Take Kim Hyun Joong for instance... he's good-looking but he's a terrible actor, so I'm not as attracted to him as much as I am to JW.
@mrdimples Please don't dismiss your love for Men In Black, since Joo Won looks yummy in black too (even with scars). :x
jwblack.png

coolreborn said: OMG!!!  Joo Won the Man in White. He looks so good *fans myself*. He looks real hot.

* I almost strangled a friend who saw Joo Won and told me, "His not that handsome" and I was like "What the f@ck.... get out of here". Mind you, I'm going to get back at her with her own favorite actor -evil laugh >:)- *

@RoxyYeh : LOL. What actor did you mention? I was like laughing when you mention him. His totally popular in our country and I did not fall for him. But my friend..... hahahahaha. No offense to his fans, I'm just getting back to my friend. Now you gave ME an idea. *-:)  Yeah, Joo Won's super fantastic in Gaksital, I almost have a heart attack when I saw him in Gaksital coz I was only watching him in 1N2D doing those funny stuffs and then... BOOOM! the-heck with that acting, I finished episode 1 and I know, even though his like the badass person, I feel in love with him. :x I was like, "My God, thank you for bringing Joo Won in my desert-like-world. :)) Now I know again how it feels like to be excited watching a Korean drama. Amen."