[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

However, I agree with you that Rie reminds me of the old KT, so I can see there being some connection there. It's strange because I don't think MD will ever know that darkness that KT was in before he changed. But I think Rie understands, and therefore, there's some attraction/bond there. Also, the fact that Rie is gorgeous doesn't really help. And that's why when I saw Rie x KT talking, I truly saw KT's sincerity. And that's why I don't like it that Rie has the ability to reinstate KT, or save him in one way other another, while MD is kind of doing the *not-so-obvious* saving. I don't like that KT has to go to Rie to ask for help. =( I feel like KT's vulnerability is really being seen by Rie & I want MD to see it too.
Also, at first I wanted Rie to help KT, but now, if she gives up her life for KT, then it shows how much she loved him, & I don't know if I want to see that! Because I want MD to be the one that LOVES KT more, & I want THEIR relationship to be unbreakable, or impenetrable. But if Rie dies for KT, THEN that shakes things up. 
I want MD to see that KT is working with RIE (or trying to seduce her), especially when MD knows that KT knows that Rie tried to kill MD. I want to see some tension there. There should be some conflict within KT x MD relationship; I just want more scenes w/ them! Good or bad! :-P

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest whodat

When Shunji gets going he sure can push the buttons. WTG Kang To for not cracking especially in the Mok Dan scene. I was hoping that the whole sex slaves saga would debut Shunji's walk towards the light esp. with the involvement of his nanny's grand-daughter but I guess he doesn't care as long as he catches Gaksital. SHUNJI!!! WAKE UP!! I am trying to remain a fan but you sure are making it hard.

I am starting to wonder exactly what the big deal with Ra Ra being sent back to Joseon was. So far she hasn't done anything WOWing and she got played so easily...LOL!!

However, how she handled her new found knowledge makes her the most likely Khisokai member to switch sides. All that is needed for this to happen is for Kang To to prove to her that what he told her about saving her life was true. I also think a conflict within Khisokai should happen that will remind her that all the members including her father regarded her as only a tool to be used just because she was a Joseon person. Thing is, will she be able to change sides and still not get Kang To? Will she join the "GAKSITAL"!!  :(( SCREAM club next week? I can't wait to see how the writers play out the Gaksital - Ra Ra standoff.

Food for thought: Which side Ra Ra's bodyguard will choose should Ra Ra change sides? I am guessing that from Ra Ra's reaction after searching Kang To, he too knows that Kang To is Gaksital.

I think the writers are doing a pretty good job not vilify all Japanese. First there is Abe, how can you not like him? Then there is the way Dam Sal Ri explained that Khisokai are the ones behind all the militaristic madness going on in Japan i.e Khisokai and not Japan is the evil power. I thought that was brilliant. But that's just me.

Wow.....there are sure a lot of comments about MD today, some are quite negative.  I think I will chip in some of my thoughts about MD and Rie. 

I seriously wouldn't call Rie a strong character or with a strong personality at all.  She is not strong.  The most I would describe her is that she is a pretty fierce woman, but not strong.  A strong woman would have much more confidence in herself and a higher self-image.  For Rie, she constantly needs to seek recognition or approval from the people around her.  I remember in one of the previous episodes, Rie was on the phone with her Japanese adopted father, asking for forgiveness and even willing to accept a death sentence as a result of her failing a mission.  Her tone of voice at that time was very pathetic, with not much dignity, as if she was reduced to non-human and only deserving to die, just because she failed her mission.  In Ep. 17, when Rie wanted Shunji to meet her at the hotel and got rejected.  She went to his office instead, and was being put off by Shunji by making her waiting for him for over an hour in his office.  In the end, she got angry and blasted Shunji.  If Shunji who is someone she doesn't care much can tick her off to that extend, needless to say someone like KT whom she is in love with.  KT's slight display of concern and caring (at a distant) toward MD in the police station's prison cell was seen by Rie.  That slight display of affection from KT toward MD would make Rie jealous enough to want to kill MD time after time.  Those types of behaviors don't make someone a strong person, but only an angry and wounded child who doesn't have any confidence in herself without people's recognition.  Judging from her dysfunctional upbringing and family background, I can see why she behaves the ways she behaves.  But I cannot see her as a good companion or partner to any man right now. 

A really strong woman would be confident in herself and her self worth.  She doesn't need other people to define who she is and what she is worth of.  In other words, a really strong woman is able to look at rejection and failure more positively and optimistically.  I see these qualities in MD and I think she is a strong woman with a strong personality.  Rie has a strong organization to back her and thus give her more resouces to do almost whatever she wants.  But MD doesn't have those types of resouces.  To MD,even freedom has become a luxury right now.  But that doesn't make her a weak link to others, including KT.  I believe MD is a huge mental support for KT right now to face and do what he has to do.

I think I am done and sorry for the long post!!  :P

Guest hayablue77

ricecak3 said: What was the purpose of that scene with the grandma and the girl? It was a pointless 5 minutes scene...
And have anyone noticed that the grandma is Shunji's nanny in episode 7 and briefly in ep 1? Couldn't they have found some other old lady to play the role?

Guest Jessi15

oecoolreborn said: I like the Kangto x Mokdan pairing but the only thing that's maybe lacking is... Mokdan's emotions' potrayal. Kangto (Joo Won) expresses his feelings so intense that I can feel the fire burn in my skin but with Mokdan, its like... ok, *bleeh* Even their first kiss, only Kangto gives all he got, and Mokdan was like, standing there like a pole. I don't know, maybe because she's young? But really, how can you just stand there like a pole while being kissed by the man that you love. Geeh... I'll be like moving too and maybe placing may hand on his shoulder or something. *or maybe I'm just pervy, lol* I really feel Kangto there, but Mokdan ... *what, subscriber cannot be reach?* its so so. And when Kangto is lying in her arms, she could at least part some of his hair or just trail his face with her hand and that should have been perfect. *maybe I was just watching too many romance movies* And even in the hospital... the holding hands is so nice but, really, its always Kangto where I feel all the love waves. *now I'm trying to emote while staring at the wall, it should be like that, lol.*  Anyway this is just my thoughts.

Made the fighting scene background music as my ringing tone and forgot about it. And suddenly I heard it and I was panicking coz I know I'm not playing it in my PC or player and was confused where the hell is that music coming out. I burst out laughing when I saw my cellphone flashing, stupid me. LOL.

@Eja it would be so cool if Rie is really going to start helping Kangto protect Joseon teehee!
And aigoo are we really revisiting the topic about Mok Dan being a wimp?! I agree with what Jessi15 has said above. Also, in the recent episodes, we see that Mok Dan has been trying to fight back! She always tries to do her part and fight back but she's only a circus girl and not trained in martial arts! Not to mention that she is young and has been living a relatively sheltered life thus far. I say it would be unrealistic if she could totally kick richard simmons. What would be more appropriate would be her using her brains to help out, not fight! Cut the poor girl some slack! 
I dont see anything wrong with her calling Kangto because now they are allies and they need to share information. Also, the circumstances make it seem highly suspicious that someone would come knocking on their door just like that and why would it be wrong to notify Kangto? It's obvious that we are on to something bigger here and Kangto can do with all the information he can get. Especially since you know, his cover is about to be blown? 
I think we need to understand that Mok Dan and Rie come from different backgrounds! Mok Dan is a young, naive and idealistic girl who has grown up in a circus and doing a few acrobatic flips and stunts are no feat for her but that surely isn't going to be sufficient for her to fight back against skilled, trained fighters.
Even Rie herself in the past was no different from Mok Dan as a lowly gisaeng and she is only who she is today because she's been made use of by Ueno and gone through tough training to be a spy. I appreciate her character and I pity her but that doesn't mean I hate Mok Dan for being "weak"??
I say that Kangto needs Mok Dan, not Rie, because she's the pristine past to him and is what he really needs. We don't need someone with similar pain as us to be our significant other. I don't know about you all but I feel there is chemistry between Mok Dan and Kangto, just not the aggressive, explosive kind. Now, the chemistry between them has been toned down to one more of soulmates and true lovers who understand each other and I don't see anything wrong with that. Love is not about explosive chemistry. It's about understanding the person and being there for the person no matter what and can come in the most simplest form. Mok Dan is what Kangto needs, someone who will wait for him and who knows him in and out. Rie only knows a glimpse of Kangto.
Also, I don't think Rie loves Kangto, Sure she's jealous and all but to me, her "love" is more of wanting to possess Kangto, just like Shunji. She and Shunji fall "in love" after a brief meeting with their respective interests. I find it unbelievable that Rie can just fall in love with Kangto after just 1 meeting. To put it simply, she has not been shown unconditional love and when Kangto stood out for her with no strings attached, she was grateful and so she grabbed onto this act of kindness and never forgot Kangto. And she mistakes this for love. Because people like her will want to possess any bit of true love, they cannot accept the person they "love" loving someone else. In a sense, she idolises Kangto the young officer as much as Mok Dan idolised Kangto the young master/Gaksital. This also explains why she didn't harm Kangto when she found out but chose to keep mum. 
You think Rie doesn't know Ueno is using her?! She definitely knows but she is loyal because she wants to become strong, to take revenge for her family. Also, I said earlier and i think @mrdimples has also said, I have a feeling that Kangto was sincere when he said he will save Rie. He said he will save Rara the Japanese singer, as he did save Cha Hong Joo the gisaeng in Hapchoen. She might have thought it was a lie but i think Kangto was trying to tell her that he will pull her out of this rut and in a sense save her soul. 
@serendipity8989 they can't show the whole comfort women issue in full force without getting criticisms again. you never know what these Korean netizens will do. 
-EDIT-
I think Shunji's reaction of total nonchalance to finding out it was Kenji who killed Kangto's mum, [your best friend freak!!!] only goes to show how deep he's gone into the dark side. He's numbed himself to his conscience and morals and I fear where that will lead us!

serendipity8989 said: @flipz   Yeah, there may have been some more excitement if MD didn't find out who BM was, all the while getting closer to KT. But then the rest of the story would be implausible. Damsari could not have been rescued safely, KT's life would not only be endangered by the Imperial Police, but the Independence fighters would have attempted to murder him as well. The plot needed MD to find out, not only for romantic reasons, but for BM to have accomplices on his side. And it wouldn't have made sense if she found out last (toward the end of the drama, b/c it would be even harder for the audience to accept the big reveal. It would've also been harder for MD to accept, because I think she would feel like the conflict she went through was all BS - ultimately, the early reveal not only saved time, but also helped move both the romance and plot forward). Also, MD would have continued to put KT in more danger if she didn't know who he was, rather than what's happening now. Because now, at least MD is considering her actions, and she's actually working to protect KT. ie) she told her fellow comrades not to kill KT, she went back to the hotel (b/c she was afraid that KT's cover would be blown if she didn't), and etc. 

Guest shikurai17

mzeiya said:

Food for thought: Which side Ra Ra's bodyguard will choose should Ra Ra change sides? I am guessing that from Ra Ra's reaction after searching Kang To, he too knows that Kang To is Gaksital.

I wanted to say this and forgot.
That scene where Shunji hugged Mok Dan tightly in front of Kangto. There are people who want to see a jealous Kangto or think that Kangto is dying of jealously in there. I beg to differ. Although he might have felt a tiny bit of jealousy, I think he felt more wretched to watch Mok Dan submit to Shunji and he could not do anything about it(or rather he has to sacrifice her for the sake of the bigger cause). He really wasnt thinking of his own feelings at all. And when he walked up to Mok Dan, I could see that Mok Dan was so embarrassed to have him witness that humiliation. (it's something like a women who has been violated and feels ashamed. Although she is 100% without fault, she still feels that way) and Kangto held her hand and through that he wanted to say sorry he couldn't protect her, to assure her, to let her know its alright, to show he loves her and in his tears, it just pained him so. 

Guest cloe1430291736

jessi15@ have you ever watch the 1st JSy's drama my daughter flower??in that drama JSY did a lot of romance scenes with choi jin hyuk..they were soo cuute together, they did some kissing scenes, wedding scene, some lovey dovey as hubby and wifeyso i guess at least JSY has an experienced with some romance sceneshere is some cuts from drama my daughter flower's romance sceneshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpoRzp-46fk&feature=player_detailpage

@amlogos_10

Good points. That's why I believe KT is the person who can set Rie straight. She needs a person who can understand what she's been through and KT would. She needs support from someone who will truly care for her, and not simply using her. Although he has been using her, I think he cares for her, at least in the direction of a platonic level.

MD has strong will, but she doesn't think things through. She doesn't consider consequences but just acts sporadically. That's a dangerous recipe.

Guest Jessi15

mrdimples said: I wanted to say this and forgot.
That scene where Shunji hugged Mok Dan tightly in front of Kangto. There are people who want to see a jealous Kangto or think that Kangto is dying of jealously in there. I beg to differ. Although he might have felt a tiny bit of jealousy, I think he felt more wretched to watch Mok Dan submit to Shunji and he could not do anything about it(or rather he has to sacrifice her for the sake of the bigger cause). He really wasnt thinking of his own feelings at all. And when he walked up to Mok Dan, I could see that Mok Dan was so embarrassed to have him witness that humiliation. (it's something like a women who has been violated and feels ashamed. Although she is 100% without fault, she still feels that way) and Kangto held her hand and through that he wanted to say sorry he couldn't protect her, to assure her, to let her know its alright, to show he loves her and in his tears, it just pained him so. 

Archived