Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

You seriously can't predict where this show is headed, when you think something will happen they spring something else out of nowhere and you're left sitting there staring at the screen spazzing like crazy LOL. Once again was left like that when I read the preview for Ep20 - I remember learning about comfort women back in high school when I did history but I actually never thought that the show would would bring it up, I've got to applaud the makers for even considering it and I hope they handle it well and delicately - it is one of many brutal truths about history/mankind. It's such a dark aspect of history the abuse of power over women, still to this day I can recall learning about it and just feeling utterly disgusted and appalled. If Mok Dan ends up being put into that group, it would be absolutely crazy and may put Kang To in a situation where he may have to choose between MD or his mission/Joseon people.

Seriously there are so many possibilities with where this show can head and were down to 9 well actually 8 episodes by the end of tonight. I just wonder how they'll cover whatever it is they plan to cover and I do wonder if they are thinking of making another Season of the show [perhaps when JSY is 21yrs ;) LOL ]

vanillaplumeria said: Wait, question about ep. 19: did damsari find out that kang to was gaksital? There was never a reveal or anything, one scene he has a mask on, then later they are planning with no mask in sight. Is it implied?

Hey guys...Where can I download BM soft subtitles for HANrel? Is it the same with 450p HANrel? Or where can I find torrent link for 720p of episode 19? :DThank you.... :)

Maybe Kangto goes as Gaksital to save Mokdan from being a comfort woman. But I dont want him to go and save her again. Although wait, I hope he goes save her cuz he we will see his full jealousy on the spot :P. And a kiss, a hot steamy one between our OTP would be AWESOME ;).

My bet is in ep 22 there will be another kiss :P

hayablue77 said:

We need to careful when use Wikipedia as a source of information because anyone can write and edit on the site.

1. It is true that Korea received the compensation money for the damages during colonial period from Japan. However, the amount was much smaller than the amount Korea originally requested. But Korea still had to accept the money because US pressured it due to Cold War. This happened against most Korean people’s will, Korean military regime forced the treaty without most Korean people’s approval. In addition, in the treaty, a big part of that compensation money was required to buy Japanese products. (Japan gave compensation money to Korea, and required Korea to spend big part of the compensation money to buy Japanese products.) For that, when Korea’s export increased, Japan’s export also increased because Korea had to buy Japan’s products with that compensation money.

2. Yes, Japanese government set up the Asian Women’s Fund for compensation of "Comfort Women", but it was a private fund, NOT a government fund. The private fund money was like ‘Japanese government was not involved with Comfort Women, but feel bad for those poor women, thus giving money as charity.’ So, most victims agreed not to receive that money, and to ask sincere apology and official recognition of what happened by the Japanese law.

The Victims are asking official compensation from Japanese government through the lawful process, not from private funds.

(In 1993, the Chief Cabinet Secretary of Japan, Gono admitted that Japanese government and army were involved with "Comfort Women". However, when Japanese prime minister changes, the attitude toward to the Kono's talk also changes depend who has more seats in the parliament. Recently, the right wing is trying to reject Gono’s talk.)

It is possible that few victims received the money, but most victims agreed to not to receive money from the private fund (not only Koreans but other countries’ victims also, they had some kind of meeting and made the agreement), that was why the Asian Women’s Fund was stopped. (Not because it was completed, but because it was rejected by most victims.) Thus the information from Wikipedia is not correct.  

( I read interviews from victims of “Comfort Women”, they said Japanese government is lying regarding compensation and apology to cover up truths.)

3. As you pointed out, the problem of “comfort women” was that Japanese government and army were involved with it. Rapes always have happened during wars, but there is no historical record that State involved with mass abduction of women to use as ‘forced sexual slave.’

You are right, we all need to pay more attention to forced prostitutions and sexual slaves. It makes me sad too.

Added:

I am not clear whether the compensation money of the colonial period include “comfort women” or not. Usually Japanese say yes and Korean say no.  

But one thing is clear. The goal of victims of “Comfort Women” is not money. They are asking compensation from Japanese government because that is necessary lawful process to get Japanese government official acknowledgment what they did with “Comfort Women.” The victims are already old, so money is not important to them. 

As far as I know, Japanese government even didn’t use the term of “compensation” for the Korea's property claims against Japan. Korea received the money as “compensation of the damages under the colonial period”, but Japan gave the money as “giving away money”.  That is if Japanese government use the term of “compensation of the colonial period”, it implies Japan damaged Korea under the colonial period, right? Japan didn’t want to admit what they did to Korea. So, the treaty ended up Korea and Japan use different term for the same money on the official paper. Yes, that is politics. 

aileenrae32 said: Hey guys...Where can I download BM soft subtitles for HANrel? Is it the same with 450p HANrel? Or where can I find torrent link for 720p of episode 19? :DThank you.... :)

marie67 said:

Maybe Kangto goes as Gaksital to save Mokdan from being a comfort woman. But I dont want him to go and save her again. Although wait, I hope he goes save her cuz he we will see his full jealousy on the spot :P. And a kiss, a hot steamy one between our OTP would be AWESOME ;).

My bet is in ep 22 there will be another kiss :P

OMG the olympics is currently airing right now in kbs so I got nervous that there won't be ep 20. But then again there's already the preview and spoilers, so I can be rest assured right?
Damn you olympics... gets me all nervous.

Damn. I opened 2 live streaming pages in advance to be prepared and they're already lagging like crazy. The video freezes every 2 seconds. Does anybody know another livestreaming website by any chance?
I'm currently using this one http://www.wubisheng.cn/html/hanju/zxtv/?id=KBS2# and this one http://livedekankoku.web.fc2.com/kbs2-live2.html