[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sunshine4ever said: @mrdimples, I highly doubt it was because of your posts. I remember people used to react a lot to your posts and your posts had always been super funny since the very beginning. I looked at your post on June 14 because you mentioned I first appeared there and I realized that my post was very serious compared to yours. I think we just reached the point where it's not interesting for some anymore for analysis or rather there is no passion in some of us. I'm not sure either, but I just realized that about a month ago I was so into this drama and mojobobo was one of those few people around. At that time flipz was also around, too. But everyone just disappeared. If you're saying it was because of your JW posts, well, then I think I should say it's my fault too because I have been so crazy for KT & MD.

The point is and which I think mojobobo was right when she said that even if you shut up that doesn't mean people will start talking because talking is a passion. I don't generally talk in a lot of threads either. Like even now I watched Faith, but I didn't even post a single thing there. I used to watch BIG as well as A Gentlemen Dignity, but I didn't write much there. I guess maybe we can be in acceptance of how the drama had been for some of the people and it's understandable.

So sorry to complain about this, but I just wondered why no one talked anymore since the last time I was here. I remember it used to be so quick-paced that I was like "oh man I don't want to read anymore" and I have to be honest that I did not read a lot of posts because July was one crazy month for me. Perhaps a lot of my new analysis is really just repeated over and over again already. It's not that insightful anymore because it had been discussed. It's just that I'm passionate about this drama so you see a lot of posts coming from me. If I don't like it, then I wouldn't want to talk about it.

Also you have to consider some people might not be opened to talk. I noticed that whenever the preview comes out there are a lot of people and then after the preview it's all dead. I think it's because the show is taken a toll on for some people and they just don't see anything new?

Well, just observations and none of it could be wrong. Also the romance factor might be one of it, too. Just imagine me...crazily waiting and hoping for romance and then it's just 1-2 minutes. I think you saw me every week, right? Like starting from episode 18 and up I complained a lot about JW & JSY screen times together. I think I'm  just stubborn about them that's why I stick around this long.

kaeru-chan said: here's an article about JSY, our pretty MD ;)

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201209041217342510

I don't even read it, just dropping it here if anyone's interested. busy studying but still lurking around hehehe

Kagawa tweeted "마지막 합천촬영을 위해 달리는 차안에서 듣는 빗소리가 내 마음까지 적시는거 같다 비록 시작은 미약하였으나 그 끝은 창대하리라 ^^" 
Anyone wants to translate :) I only know he talks about the last shooting in Hapcheon.

Guest sunshine4ever

@mrdimples, I agree with you. It's awesome we made this far! Look, we're at  305 pages! Yay and growing. Keep it up! Don't stop posting. I like what you wrote here: "When I am this passionate about BM, I am just so happy that there is this thread to share and cry with all those who are in love with BM and everything in it"

Oh and by the way, Mok Dan and Kang To will never be boring to me, so you will hear about them from me again. I can always hear anyone's perspective and appreciate them very much to share with me. Without hearing people's perspectives about KT & MD, there is no way I can appreciate their love.

Also I am so grateful for the discussion about Shunji and Rie especially Shunji. I think mojobobo's perspective also changed, too, right, mojobobo?

I enjoyed the discussions we had/have because it helped me love and appreciate this show for what it is: great show that's what it is! :)

sunshine4ever said:
coolreborn said: @sunshine4ever : Well, I just joined the forum last August 5, I think, and I did not read all of the pages before that so I don't know how prolific this thread is. LOL. I'm such a lazy one.

And yeah, I got really close to you guys. This is the second forum that I joined and the other one is totally a different forum. I enjoyed being here.

@mrdimples, I'll keep looking through to see if there's anything interesting :)
@sunshine4ever, yes what I like about this thread is that everyone contributes and we help each other to view the characters in a different light and it helps us understand better why someone is doing what he is doing. For example, I always felt Shunji's transformation was too abrupt and not as well written as Kangto's but then after everyone discussed and we shared our views, I realised that this IS who Shunji is. There is no middle ground for him; there are only extremes. His change came about because of his guilt and regret and it was too late for him to do anything by then. I don't think anyone could live with themselves knowing that the comfortable life they are having was based on another person's suffering and for Shunji, he couldn't accept that it was too late for him to make amends to Kenji. He's the extreme of "Only I can talk bad about my family but other people can't". In a short span of time, he lost a family member, the girl of his dreams, his ideal life and his best friend. Of course, he's not the only one going through a hard time but people who have had it easy in life are never as resilient as those who have been through tough times. Shunji is the epitome of a aristocratic young Japanese man who had no care for anything except doing what he thought was right. It's not that he's selfish but it's just a way of upbringing. He did know good from wrong but he just shows us that being a good guy take constant effort and a moment's folly can lead to regrettable consequences. This is in contrast to Kangto, who's had a tough life since young and so he's been toughened by his experience and pretty much just carries on with life and keeps his eye on the goal. 
This writer is a genius, pointing out so many things in humanity at one time. The weakness of the aristocratic/ well to do people in society vs the resilience of the poor/ less fortunate, being a good person requires constant effort whereas being bad you pretty much just keep giving in to your temptations etc, the Occupation, the meaning of sacrifice, the good and evil within us..
Ok I was supposed to post about how awesome this thread is but I've gone off on a tangent :SS

Kagawa tweeted again " 아니아니아니되오!! 비오는건너무하자나ㅠㅠ도와주세요 시간이없어요 좋은그림나와야되는데" 
I think it's raining in Hapcheon and it's affecting the filming. Choi Sun Woong said "No no no! It's raining too much! Please help us out here, we don't have much time left! We were supposed to have a good scene (i.e. good weather so that it would look good for the drama.)"
I just hope the weather is not indicative of the ending and if Sun Woong is asking for good weather then hopefully everything turns out well.  :-SS

credit : baidu. name of translator unknownsource: News Entertainment6a63f6246b600c3312655f481a4c510fd9f9a116

Han Chae Ah reveals that Joo Won is her ideal type for a boyfriend.

Who is the Ideal Boyfriend? Han Chae Ah chooses Joo Won

South Korean Star Han Chae Ah and Yang Dong Kuen co-starred in Korean Drama Hero which will be shown on 3rd September. In the show, acting as the fiery, passionate female inspector Han Chae Ah undergoes special preparation for the action drama.

Han Chae Ah expresses that through filming the action drama “Hero” , she is able to display her new side to the audience. In the drama, the gunfights were particularly unforgettable for her, during the filming, she accidentally got hurt. She said “That day, the weather was very cold. Before filming started, I forgot to warm up my body, causing my thigh muscle to tear. I had to rest 3 days before resuming the filming.” Now  if there is an opportunity, she will like to try comedy.

At the present, filming “Bridal Mask” together with Joo Won, she was asked to choose between Joo Won and Yang Dong Guen as her ideal boyfriend. She said: “This question is very hard to answer, they are both very good actors, if I really have to choose……………..I will choose Joo Won”

@mrdimpls, I took the most important part of tha article and posted it a few pages back lolllll. Too lazy to translate eheheh

Ki Woong tweeted! 
"Radiohead 곡들중 Creep이나 No surprises다들 좋아하시죠? 저도 정말 좋아해요^ ^ 하지만 오늘은 Exit music과 Nude 추천합니다. 비도오고, 막방이 다가오니 감성적이 되네요. 하지만순리대로. 슬프지만 소중한시간들이랍니다."
"You guys like Radiohead's Creep and No Surprises right? Me too ^^ But today, my recommendations are Exit Music and Nude. It's raining outside the room. I'm feeling emotional as the end approaches but please let it go on smoothly. It's sad but time is precious."
Seems like it's still raining and they can't proceed with the final shooting. They must be feeling so contradictory right now right? Like, they want to end filming successfully but then they don't want to end it because they'll probably not get to work with each other...
I think when the PD yells the final "Cut!" Ki Woong and Joo Won will break down crying, maybe hugging each other too. :((

Joo Won successfully bursts through the scenes with drama Gaksital
Through the drama Gaksital, Joo Won has managed to continue his success. Participating in the drama that has broken 20% viewership and in national variety show 1 Night 2 days, blue chip Joo won continues to rise in value. 
Joo Won's spokesperson said that CF, musical, recording invitations have been coming in waves. Already the spokesperson for outdoor gear, clothes, food and coffee, now even snacks, other fashion brands, drinks and all kinds of CF invitations are pouring in. 
Even though Gaksital has yet to complete filming, Joo Won, whose acting skills and charisma have received recognition, continues to receive endless invitations to take part in various productions. Most importantly, Joo won's superior singing ability has attracted the attention of recording companies. Joo Won has shown his marketability and ability with his latest OST "Love and again Love" ranking number 1 on the search engine.
Joo Won's popularity is also reflected on the internet and there was a "Do you like Joo Won in 1 Night 2 Days or in Gaksital" poll. It is very rare to have the same person being polled against himself for two different images. The poll results showed that there was not much difference. 
Gaksital's CP said "Joo Won managed to prove the fact that he is the industry bluechip through this drama. I believe that whatever script comes his way, he will always gain good appraisals. I believe that he is the best among actors in the 20s agegroup."  
Chinese translation credits baidu

Guest Jessi15

demoeoe said:

@sunshine4ever, don’t worry, I will always be here, as long as there is still someone here in this thread…

I probably will save my thoughts after the ending, after we go through all those ups and downs for the final 2 eps… then I can go step by step slowly into my journey about crafting and casting BM and KT & MD’s story into my heart once again, and of course to share with you all in this thread… then of course my two cents about JW & JSY’s story if anyone is interested…

Guest Jessi15

AAAAHH.. sorry ladies ... I meant to hide the comments about JSY and 5F but somehow it did not turn out right and now it seems I can't edit or delete it gggr... it/s so frustrating.

PHEWWW... it worked ...

"Gaksital" Joo Won. Jin Se Yeon. Han Chae Ah. Rising popularity!
A tough time choosing actors for the role and deciding to use rookie actorsBecoming the highest viewed drama for that timeslotGaksital actors receiving more offers for other dramas
At the start of the production, the Gaksital team faced a lot of difficulties in picking the actors for the roles. Viewership ratings increased along with the intensity of the Dokdo Islands issue and Joo Won, Jin Se Yeon,  Han Chae Ah an other new actors have received the good news of other job offers. 
Because the drama was set in the war period and the story was about a Korean hero, a Hallyu star who was worried about his career in the Japan market rejected the role of Lee Kangto. Because this role was rejected by the famous 30 something Hallyu Star, this role ended up in Joo Won's hands, who acted alongside new actors Jin Se Yeon and Han Chae Ah. 
The drama started broadcasting amidst comments that the leads were not good enough. However, Gaksital managed to improve its ratings with each episode and received 1st place. 

From Baker King to Ojakyp Brothers, Joo Won has always managed to be a viewership ratings king and the viewership rating for 1 Night 2 Days is also increasing. 

Jin Se Yeon replaced Eunjung to act in Five Fingers and on the 1st, appeared to audience as Da Mi, acting with Joo Ji Hoon, Ji Chang Wook and showed great chemistry with them. Jin Se Yeon's superb piano playing skills have also received attention. 
Han Chae Ah, who acts as a spy in Gaksital, has been chosen to be one of the female leads in KBS's Olala Couple. She will be playing Vicotria, the obstacle between Shin Hyun Jun and Kim Jung Eun, showcasing her comedic acting. (HAH That's funny!) 

Han Chae Ah has also expressed her thoughts on the 3rd. "I've been wanting to do a rom-com for the longest time. It seems that I will be able to show the audience a totally different charisma from Rie this time."

Credits to baidu for chinese translation

demoeoe said:

@sunshine4ever, don’t worry, I will always be here, as long as there is still someone here in this thread…

I probably will save my thoughts after the ending, after we go through all those ups and downs for the final 2 eps… then I can go step by step slowly into my journey about crafting and casting BM and KT & MD’s story into my heart once again, and of course to share with you all in this thread… then of course my two cents about JW & JSY’s story if anyone is interested…

@Jessi15, I heard from my colleague that in Korea, it's considered cradle snatching if you date someone more than 5 years younger than you! So I guess Joo Won has his reservations lol. He seems like he would want someone around his age though. 
I've been translating till my eyes are going woozy. Gonna take a break!

This is what google translator says about the article about JSY

Unveiled a last-minute shot look 'gaksital jinse kite.

September 4 KBS 2TV Tree Special gaksital '(play Yoo' / director Yoon, Seong - Sik last-minute shot of heroine, Jean Seyon) Certification shot chayounghun disclosure has attracted attention.

Last May 30, was first broadcast September 6 gaksital 'popular ends in catastrophe. Of Hapcheon Drama Location in the mountains 'gaksital' last-minute shot Jean Seyon ended before the V towards the camera poses.
In the picture Jean Seyon is a bright appearance in spite of the hot weather, arduous shooting. Seyon Jean gutted the staff of love on the set, and that the back door.

Peony Station Far East circus byeongeom shaman gaksital ', starring Jean Seyon pace differentiated from those other circus melodrama, as well as wire action, byeongeom, transvestite actress was loved by the viewers of shows.

Reporter] [Newsen bakahreum

So basically she had her last shooting today just like the others.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201209041217342510

mojobobo said: @Jessi15, I heard from my colleague that in Korea, it's considered cradle snatching if you date someone more than 5 years younger than you! So I guess Joo Won has his reservations lol. He seems like he would want someone around his age though. 
I've been translating till my eyes are going woozy. Gonna take a break!

Archived