Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@Eja
@ctfrsgp

It was around october 2011 when Jang Hyuk refused the role because he doesn't want to be typecasted as i remember reading from dramabeans

ainn said: @Eja
@ctfrsgp

It was around october 2011 when Jang Hyuk refused the role because he doesn't want to be typecasted as i remember reading from dramabeans

All the dramas Joo Won has been in has had high ratings. You may disagree with me but I think it is the actor rather than the drama :)

Eja said: ainn said: @Eja
@ctfrsgp

sheza said: All the dramas Joo Won has been in has had high ratings. You may disagree with me but I think it is the actor rather than the drama :)

Awww, I'm so glad no other actor took the Kang To character. I can't imagine anyone deliver my poor Kang To any better than Joo Won.

@ahoxan, please let the Bridal Mask Team know how grateful I am for the subs. Now I get to see episode 26 on TV hehe instead of the hot laptop a little early than usual.

@yuanballent, thank you so much for the beautiful music video. I couldn't understand a thing from that mv yet Kang To's, Mok Dan's, and a little bit of Shunji's tears caused me to tear up. But I gotta hope. I want a happy Kang To with the happy Mok Dan to be together at the end with all the kids lol like mrdimples' fanfic. I was thinking K & D look so cute here, they need to hold hands with each other and live until their hair's grey.

BM23-02.jpg
BM23-03.jpg
BM23-05.jpg
BM23-06.jpg

now I kinda know what Softy means about catching on with sleep. I'm so grateful she actually did mini-recap for other dramas, but she did full recap for Bridal Mask. :) heh. I did not watch most of the dramas because BM took almost my whole week to catch up to, but I'm so happy to have BM in my life. I had a good catch up of sleep today, hehe.  Tomorrow waking up ep 26 with subs is waiting for me.

I can't wait to catch on to K & D moments tomorrow.

“Bridal Mask” Star Park Ki Woong Shed Tears in Scene with Co-Star Joo Won
2012.08.31_parkkiwoong_bridalmask.jpg 

“Bridal Mask” star Park Ki Woong, who plays Kimura Shunji, could not control his touched feelings in the midst of acting with co-star Joo Won, who plays Bridal Mask/Lee Kang To, and hot tears splashed down his face.

On August 30, a series of behind the scenes photographs with the title “Who is the third-generation Bridal Mask that appeared in the torture chamber?” were publicized on the official website of KBS Wednesday-Thursday drama “Bridal Mask.”

The relevant images are from a scene in the August 29th aired twenty-fifth episode of drama “Bridal Mask.” In that scene, Bridal Mask/Lee Kang To had been captured and unmasked by Kimura Shunji, and confesses that there was no one else who could be Bridal Mask but himself.

Lee Kang To, with tears welling up in his eyes, cried out: “My brother, my idiot brother Kang San. That Bridal Mask, who I wanted to catch, to the point of insanity, was my brother. With the intention to catch Bridal Mask, I used a gun to shoot my brother dead. Without knowing that that my brother Kang San had come to avenge our mother’s death, that the person who killed my mother was Kenji, I took Kenji’s side and fought. I killed my brother.”

The once close-friend of Lee Kang To, Kimura Shunji, holding back his tears with difficulty in this now horrendous reality, asked “Is that so?”

Lee Kang To answers: “It was because of my brother. Because of my brother, I had to wear that mask.”

Even though in this scene actor Park Ki Woong was not supposed to shed tears, tears suddenly spilled down his face from a surge of emotion and he had to break for a moment. Park Ki Woong apologized and assured staff that he wouldn’t let it happen again.

Shooting recommenced, and Joo Won continued: “Kimura Shunji. For catching me, thank you. Now that I’ve been caught, at least I won’t have to kill you by my hand.” At this point, Park Ki Woong was to show himself controlling his rage and emotions, and leave the room

@lyra_brillantez, I'm so touched by the news of Park Ki Woong. I think Joo Won's actings really get into him. I cried out loud with Kangto, too when I heard KT's confessing the first time I understood what he was going through. I think I can bear to watch episode 25 again at some point, but the nailing box one I probably will skip. I don't think anyone had been acted like Joo Won endng up in the nailing box yet. I haven't seen anyone (actors/characters in BM) gotten in it except for Joo Won/Kangto if my memory doesn't fail me. It was so horrific I just didn't want to see it again.

@mrdimples and @sunshine4ever , as i watched the BTS i was amazed on how strong the chemistry of PKW and JW . TBH , am more of the bromance arc of this story than the romance of KT and MD ;)) . their tandem is sooo good i can rewatch their bike scenes over and over . =))

more of Lee Tae Young , Gaksital double
553244_382701601792244_476839935_n.jpg
saw this in his facebook (thanks to baidu ppl , they are the real diggers ! ) 
561495_394067617322309_1191744618_n.jpg
so all the while i was thinking it was joo won LOL
from his twitter  @lty9587
A1iBYy0CIAAMA9l.jpg:large

@mrdimplesoh i think you know more about music/singing than you let on. or you  know your music and really appreciate the stuff :) anyway, i so agree with your observation.  some actors can carry a tune but JW CAN sing. but i'm not a fan when he gets nasal and lets go of the notes too much.  that was my worry when i learned he'd be singing a ballad OST for BM.  then i heard it and what you said were the exact same things in my head.  he was really toned down in Love and Also Love.  but i do believe they've got singing coaches for this kind of things.  still, you can't deny this man's talent.  
he's really an (entertainment) industry gem what with him not just good but excellent in acting, singing, AND looks.  i'm pretty sure the casting staff of BM are SO glad they stumbled upon him.
@shezabeen thinking about this too. at first i thought how lucky he is for picking the right projects. then i realized i wouldn't have watched if it weren't for him.  i'm not Korean but i'm familiar with JW bec of 1N2D and watching him there then seeing him as Lee Kang To is just mindf*cking.  so yes, he is factor in the high ratings of his shows.
@lyra_brillantezi saw that bts.  wow, i didn't know he wasn't really meant to cry in that scene.  amazing PKW. amazing JW.

Embedded image permalinkposted by PKW on twitter...they really look good together!!!..Don't you think so????hehe :x :x :x

just finished watching ep 26, and thank god, no more kang-to torture scenes, and we got a lot of Kang-to/ Mok Dan scenes, but DAMSARI DIED :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I felt so bad for him, why did he kill himself ?? he should have at least shoot shunji before he does that, but :'( :'( :'( :'( 

Dramabeans updated with recap for episode 26 http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/08/gaksital-episode-26/ 
I like what Girlfriday wrote about what Yan Beak said to Kang to """  And thank ye drama gods for someone who tells the hero that noble idiocy is for idiots."""" ;;)  my thoughts exactly 
@lyra_brillantez  I didn't know thathe wasn't supposed to cry, looks like he was really touched by Joo Won's acting, anyway Park Ki woong is a great actor himself, and I wish he does the character of a nice person in his new project.

last week of Gaksital, what am I going to do without it ??? oh yeah, I have to study  
GAKSITAL FIGHTING !!!!