[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest Jessi15

mrdimples said: What I Want To See....

He stirs and opened his eyes. He meant to stay awake but must have fallen asleep. The night was still dark and a cool breeze blew in from the window. He looked at the girl sleeping beside him and a warm feeling filled his heart as it often does at the sight of her. He carefully brushed her hair from her face so that he could see her more clearly. He never tires from looking at her. Her face was still little flushed and her lips still moist from his kisses. Is he dreaming? He pinched himself and smiled. He was very careful, almost afraid to hurt her. But when she pulled him against her, he responded with all his passion. He smiled again as he looked at her, then he brushed his lips ever so tenderly on hers. This time, she gave a little sigh, eyes still close, as she turned on her side. The covers slipped off her shoulders and she lay there with her back facing him. He stared at her bare back, remembering the first time he saw it. Then, he didn’t know who she was but there was a strange feeling in his heart which he quickly put aside. They have come so far, suffered so much pain but all this time, he never stopped loving her. He loved her when he first met her and though it seems impossible, he loves her more every day. He ran his fingers gingerly from the small of her back and up until they stop at the small but distinctive scar. A lump rose up his throat. He brought his lips to that red purplish mark and kissed it. Tears fell on her back and he quickly pulled back, afraid to arouse her from her sleep. It was an inch away from her heart. Tears sprang up in his eyes again as he thought of how she took it for him and how close he was to losing her. He snuggled closer towards her and gently draped his arm over her waist, as if afraid to lose her. He lay there for a long time, just content at looking at her. <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

She felt something wet on her back and his hand was resting on her waist. She wanted to stay awake, in his arms looking at him but she must have fallen asleep. She blushed at the memory of the night. She could feel his love, his passion, his tenderness. She took his hand which was on her waist and slowly turned over and faced him. She never tires from looking at him. In sleep, his face looked so young and innocent like a boy. The boy whom she loved all these years, she never stopped loving him. The boy who willingly traded his life for hers, time and again. The boy, who became the man, the hero of Joseon. She stroked his eyebrows, his cheeks, his full lips and traced her fingers down to his shoulder. These broad shoulders, gave her comfort in their embrace but they had also carried a huge burden on their back. He has suffered so much and all she wants now is to be by his side, understanding him, comforting him and loving him with all her heart and her soul. Forever. 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mojobobo thank you for those wonderful BTS pictures! Exciting and also bittersweet, isnt it? I'm going to miss this gang so much after this week. I'm not going to be able to watch live tomorrow night but I'll be watching the vid as soon as its uploaded. Thankfully I'm here on Thursday to catch the live show. :D
And that analysis of Shunji is quite marvelous. He really is childish in the way in which he handled say the rejection from Mok Dan. And then there was the blind rage that brought him to this point. It proves that he has this selfish side to him. One that cannot let go and cannot move forward unless he gets what he wants. Kang To's selflessness was evident early on. He put up with the taunts from his people just so that he could earn money for his family. And this was before he became the hero we know and love. What you said about him moving on when he felt Mok Dan had chosen Shunji is yet again an example of his selflessness and ability to put her happiness above his own needs. It really speaks volumes about his character and his maturity
Gosh, now I know just how much I missed discussing things with all of you! :D *sigh* What are we going to do after this week? *sadface* :(

Guest sunshine4ever

@mojobobo, it's late at your place, go to sleep!!! I'll read your writing later. Thanks for responding. :)

@mrdimples, I am so distracted by everyone's response. I'm trying to read your fanfic and I loved it so far. Oh no, did  I burn you with my KT & MD's love? lol.

@princess_narnia, thanks so much for your insight. I wish we could go back to where we were, but I understand. It really is about passion. Now I'm glad more people will write more because you know my insight will be boring because I don't have a different perspecetive/approach towards a character. When we all have different approaches then we learn from each other and we know the character more. I used to not hate Shunji, but I was just mad that his character turned out so weird. I remember asking mojobobo about him and she came up with an answer that made me stop asking but I was not so satisfied with it until recently both @mojobobo and I have been agreeing on the fact that SJ is so crazy is because he is regretful just as much as KT is of his brother. Not that KT's pain is any less than SJ's pain, but for KT a tragic thing happened for him is an opportunity for him to grow, but for SJ it's an opportunity to perish. So sad.

I hope you will write when you can. But please feel free to decline my hope/request. Thanks for sharing your insight.

it's the middle of the in my part of the world and i just woke up. i'm so obsessed with BM (and JW ofcourse!) that the first thing i reach out for is my phone, just so i could check for updates in this thread. :) and what do i find?! lots of pics, character analysis and other updates.

@mojobobo & everyone, thanks for these updates and pics... love it!

@mrdimples i also love your fanfic! i'm somewhat half asleep & will fall back to sleep soon. i may just have this as part of my dreams tonight.. thanks!!! it was a lovely scene... i can almost hear JW singing in the background. ;;) :x

Guest sunshine4ever

mojobobo said: @sunshine4ever, I was going to sleep but you entreated me to leave a reply! 
Shunji is a smart man but smart people sometimes choose only what they want to see. Couple that with a well to do background and a childhood free of struggles, you will have someone whose world view and focus is on themselves. It's not necessarily saying that they are selfish but it's just the way they are brought up, simply because they don't have to learn how to deal with the wild cards life throws at them. In this sense, Shunji is still like a child. He's not emotionally developed enough to handle setbacks. Even something like someone not liking you back is enough to send their world crash. It's a very "I'm entitled" mentality, because from young, people like Shunji did not have to worry about having to earn anything the hard way. This is in contrast with Kangto, who even when he misunderstood Shunji and Mok Dan, chose to move on and do what he needed to do. It does not mean he loves Mok Dan any less, it just means that he knows that there's more to life than just mopping around because someone is not returning your love. 
Shunji immediately jumps and becomes defensive, defending his father to the end even if something tells him or he already knows that Taro is no saint (which is probably why he even left home in the first plave). In this sense, Shunji is naive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a good guy but rather, his reaction is in accordance to his undeveloped emotional being, just like a child, choosing to protect your family at the first sign of danger and not asking anything else. Even though he had his nanny, that cannot compare to familial love, which Taro didn't provide properly and Shunji never received. Shunji chose to run away from the problems and to do what he thought was right. He was trying his best to keep on the right path but he probably also struggled with feeling unfilial, being the black sheep. So this is probably why when Shunji saw the first sign of threat, he felt that he had turned his back on people who needed him most and the people he loved and taught were now the bad guys. Ok not really making sense am too sleepy hahha <3

@sunshine4ever on the contrary, thank you for getting me to crawl out of my little cave and post again, hehe. ;):D
And regarding what you said...yes. Both boys have looked at their situations differently. I also don't want to say that one boys' pain is greater than the others but its amazing that Kang To lost just about everyone that was dear to him and yet took the high road. I guess it shows strength of character. Mrs. Lee can be content that despite her worries she raised two wonderful boys; one essentially taking on the mantle of national hero. :)
I had hoped, especially when I saw that Shunji was taking his time with revealing Gaksital's identity to the others, that he might have wanted to decide for himself what to do...and a huge part of me wanted that decision to be in Kang To's favour eventually. I figured even an eleventh hour redemption could happen for Shunji. Or even a deathbed redemption so to speak. But the written preview for episode 27 worried me because it indicated that Kimura Taro was dead and that Shunji's rage just got worse. You know, my bff and I were discussing this and we had hoped that Taro had not told Shunji everything about the past; that Shunji didn't know to what extend Taro had gone. I hoped that Shunji would discover what had happened a decade ago and feel betrayed and be upset with his father for having kept it from him all this time and that this information would sway him. But now I'm just sad that it may not happen. That Shunji will get there and Taro will be dead (either by Kang To's hand or Taro committing Hara Kiri/Sepukku) and he will just fly off the handle yet again.

@mojobobo, heyyzz, I'm still here just not so often :( I mainly visit on Tuesdays and then after the episodes. You can also sometimes see me on "Faith" thread :)I'm still not ready for tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow *runs and hides in a dark corner* :-SS

Guest sunshine4ever

Jessi15 said:

@mrdimples I like reading your fanfic very much. It's AWESOME but don't you think it's a bit R rated? heheh... Hmm.. how I wish we could have such ending but consider JSY's age, I don't think we will ever get to see it. It's beautifully written though. Now if only we will have another "close and explosive kiss" from our OTP and then jump forward to the scene where they are lying together on the bed, both awaken from deep sleep the next morning with MD staring lovingly into KT's eyes with her sweetest smile and as KT tenderly brushes his fingertips over her sweet mouth, I shall be a goner.

@mojobobo thanks for taking the time to translate the news. Hoping like the Gaksital's spokeperson, it will be a beautiful ending with KT-MD kissing and this time it won't be a one-sided kiss... I guess mrdimples' fanfic is messing up my mind now :lol

Guest sunshine4ever

@KHOGirl, you need to keep it alive by talking, dear. lol

@mrdimples, I just read your fanfic. It was great. By the way, do you mind translating the Chinese word on the fanfic for me? Thanks so much for the spontaneous fanfic. I loved the one with sad ending of KT, too. Although I most definitely will not want KT to live in this life by himself.

-edit-

I don't think this music video was posted before. This music is about Kangto.

^credit to Nathalie

@sunshine4everWell, you guys are pretty good at saying your opinions, you actuallysay everything that comes to my mind hhhh
You know, I don't know why but looking at Shunji pictures in this bright suitmakes me think that the ending will be a happy one ~ keeping wishing for that XD ~don't know but the pics give me a positive feeling LOL

Hi all.  I'm another one that has decided to delurk after months of lurking.  Better late than never.  This is my first post in four years so this drama should feel very honored.  LOL.  I just want to say that this drama has been very wonderful, and I'm impressed with the whole cast.  I've seen JW in OB, but it wasn't until BM that I've become his fan.  I hope the ending will be a happy one for our KangDan couple.    <crosses fingers>

Guest MusicPanda

I decided to finally say something as well .

I started to watch this drama with a lot of doubts but I instantly loved it ! Now that it is going to end I feel so sad … and exited ! I want to see what is going to happened , but I will really miss the characters and the atmosphere of this drama .

I think Gaksital is to remain one of my all time favorite dramas !

It is not flawless , but it had its very strong moments that left memorable impressions in my mind . There were those few episodes I was on the edge of my seat and I didn’t even move the whole time.

The story is interesting, without a doubt , but what is really great about this drama is the way the story is told . Starting from the sets , the costumes , the atmosphere – it is different from most of the other dramas , so it kind of fresh and new ( even if it is set in the past ) . Everything seems made with a lot of care and it works pretty well for making the world of Gaksital kind of believable.

The best point of the drama is for sure the cast . Everyone – from the main to the supportive characters did their job very good . I am that kind of person to be more involved with the characters than with the story at first , so if they are not believable I start to lose interest .

In this case , the cast ( especially Joo Won ) made me interested in the drama at the beginning  and made me keep watching and then the story caught me and I was lost case , haha !

I am sure everyone has its own little complains – me as well . I would have wanted to see more of one character or situation and less from other … but it is impossible for a film to please us all . Still , it is a drama I would recommend to everyone .

Now, one last thing – few weeks ago while I was having internet problems and couldn’t load Gaksital new episodes to watch ,  I started to do some kind of fan art . I was  never satisfied with the result , so changed everything into … something like a game , Bridal Mask game . These days I set my mind on finish it before the drama ends ...

I am sharing  the link with all of you . It is nothing special , but it is my way of showing some appreciations to the creaters of this drama .http://pandagamesavenue.blogspot.com/2012/09/gaksital-bridal-mask-game.html#.UEZWOsHN_9w

I wish I had a way to say thanks to all the wonderful cast members and the crew who made Gaksital … but I am out of here , cause I am getting santimental !

@mojobobo @coolreborn @mrdimples i know i said las evening tat i will not come in here again until i hav catch up on the las 4 eps tis weekend. But OMG... mojobobo, u lurked me in with those pics @-) i was still trying get back to sleep aft my stupid alarm clock rang at the wrong timing. But those bubble butt pics really woke me up. Now how to go back to sleep? (:|

Guest sunshine4ever

mrdimples said: They have come so far, suffered so much pain but all this time, he never stopped loving her. He loved her when he first met her and though it seems impossible, he loves her more every day.

She never tires from looking at him. In sleep, his face looked so young and innocent like a boy. The boy whom she loved all these years, she never stopped loving him. The boy who willingly traded his life for hers, time and again. The boy, who became the man, the hero of Joseon. He has suffered so much and all she wants now is to be by his side, understanding him, comforting him and loving him with all her heart and her soul. Forever. 

Archived