[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

mojobobo said: @exile18, yes don't worry about it :) You're very much welcome to continue posting drama related things here heheheh. 
I've finishing translating the article, it's on the previous page. They say we will not be disappointed. Does that mean we get the Gaksital babies? 
@mrdimples @coolreborn, I'm leaving the imagination to you guys :\"> ;;);))

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mojobobo said: @exile18, yes don't worry about it :) You're very much welcome to continue posting drama related things here heheheh. 
I've finishing translating the article, it's on the previous page. They say we will not be disappointed. Does that mean we get the Gaksital babies? 
@mrdimples @coolreborn, I'm leaving the imagination to you guys :\"> ;;);))

Guest sunshine4ever

exile18 said: @mojobobo, I just realized that you translate articles from chinese posted in Baidu to english. I can read chinese too and would like to help with the translations. But since I am currently working and will only be free starting from 17th sept aft I stop work for new school year. By then, bridal mask will have finish broadcast. If readers can wait for my slow work, I don't mind sharing your burden. 

@coolreborn LOL you just made me laugh out loud hahaha!!!
I just saw Seo Yoon Ah (acting as Gye Soon the traitor girl from the circus)'s tweets. I'm too tired/lazy to translate everything but it seems that she's going to become good. She said that her tears started flowing when she received the script for the last episode. I hope it's because the scene are very touching and in a good way yeah!!!
From Koiso's tweet, it seems there will be more filming in the day tomorrow. They are still filming right now and Koiso and Kagawa tweeted that they are enjoying the moonlight now and that Hapcheon is so pretty at night LOL. Note: In korean, the word for mask and the word for moon is similar hehe. 
From Seonhwa's tweet, it seems tomorrow will be the final scenes being filmed. Gosh this team is cutting it so close. We probably won't get a preview tomorrow night!

Guest sunshine4ever

mojobobo said:  She said that her tears started flowing when she received the script for the last episode. I hope it's because the scene are very touching and in a good way yeah!!!

Haha this is too awesome not to translate properly. 
Ki Woong tweets to Han Chae Ah (I tell you they are flirting!) "Really, you've worked hard. The scenes I've had with Hong Joo, I remember them deeply in my heart, they were enjoyable. Hong Joo's correct and kind reactions helped me a lot in my acting and it allowed the actors to become a perfect ensemble. Next time, we have to be together too! Thank you. Han Chae Ah is the best!" (Is the writer going to pair them up?)
Han Chae Ah tweets back "I love <3<3 Shun <3<3"
Then Ki Woong tweets back "Same here~ ^^ <3" (tsk tsk something is really going on between these two...he tweeted in English so cute!)
Han Chae Ah then tweets "Filming the last scene with Shunji Ki Woong, filming for Gaksital is also coming to an end. I am Rara~~~Don't forget! After sadness it's still sadness ah....
Joo Won's cody tweets "Rara! You won't be forgotten! You've worked hard during this period. I will miss you~<3<3

Chinese translation by yanji606 @ BaiduEnglish translation by mojobobo @soompi

@sunshine4ever, I have to confess, I get distracted even when Park Ki Woong is not smiling kekekekke
It seems Kangsan hyung is also cheering the team on, especially Han Chae Ah, who will get to work with him in Olala Couple hehehe. Mini Gaksital reunion!

LOL, I'm one of those famous lurkers. ;) I haven't posted in a while but I've been enjoying reading everyone's thoughts. :D
As for finale thoughts...gosh I'm nervous about it but I really am hoping beyond hope for a happy ending for Kang To and Mok Dan. I'm not one for heroes dying in the end. I'm a happy ending a girl and show like this that has been about a man's redemption and hero's journey set against the backdrop of occupied Korea needs a happy ending. At the end of all this (fast forwarding a few years of course) Korea came out victorious, so why not a happy ending to leave us all with that hopeful feeling? Darn it. I demand my happy ending, lol. ;):P
As for Shunji, I had hoped that those little glimpses of humanity we saw would be a hint that he may wind up giving up his quest to kill Kang To. That he would think back on their friendship and realize that all of this started when Kimura Taro and his Kishokai friends decided to kill off the Lee family. That decision robbed Kang To and Kang San of their father, nearly eliminated that entire family and even Mok Dan. It set the ball rolling and eventually the boys put on the mask to avenge their family and later the rebel cause. Its ironic that Kishokai's cruel act inadvertently "created" Gaksital; albeit over a decade after they had killed Lee Senior. I really wanted Shunji to think of all these things and that despite his grief over Kenji's death, it wasn't Kang To or Kang San who began this vicious cycle.
I love those pics of the towns people wearing bridal masks. I think @mojobobo said it was for solidarity? I agree completely. :D Its like when the people wore white hanbok at Damsari's (failed) execution to identify with Gaksital and the freedom fighters in general.
Its going to be some finalé all right. I just hope we will all be able to get to the end of ep 28 with a contended smile on our face and plenty of hope for the characters. :)
@sunshine4ever if you feel like braving it, try The Musical. My bff and I watched it recently purely for Park Ki Woong and Daniel Choi. We wound up loving the boys and some of the supporting actors/actresses even though the main actress tends to make us tear our hair out. ;) Park Ki Woong stole the show and was gorgeous to boot. :) Oh and he smiled and grinned and chuckled a whole lot. ;)

What I Want To See....

He stirs and opened his eyes. He meant to stay awake but must have fallen asleep. The night was still dark and a cool breeze blew in from the window. He looked at the girl sleeping beside him and a warm feeling filled his heart as it often does at the sight of her. He carefully brushed her hair from her face so that he could see her more clearly. He never tires from looking at her. Her face was still little flushed and her lips still moist from his kisses. Is he dreaming? He pinched himself and smiled. He was very careful, almost afraid to hurt her. But when she pulled him against her, he responded with all his passion. He smiled again as he looked at her, then he brushed his lips ever so tenderly on hers. This time, she gave a little sigh, eyes still close, as she turned on her side. The covers slipped off her shoulders and she lay there with her back facing him. He stared at her bare back, remembering the first time he saw it. Then, he didn’t know who she was but there was a strange feeling in his heart which he quickly put aside. They have come so far, suffered so much pain but all this time, he never stopped loving her. He loved her when he first met her and though it seems impossible, he loves her more every day. He ran his fingers gingerly from the small of her back and up until they stop at the small but distinctive scar. A lump rose up his throat. He brought his lips to that red purplish mark and kissed it. Tears fell on her back and he quickly pulled back, afraid to arouse her from her sleep. It was an inch away from her heart. Tears sprang up in his eyes again as he thought of how she took it for him and how close he was to losing her. He snuggled closer towards her and gently draped his arm over her waist, as if afraid to lose her. He lay there for a long time, just content at looking at her.

She felt something wet on her back and his hand was resting on her waist. She wanted to stay awake, in his arms looking at him but she must have fallen asleep. She blushed at the memory of the night. She could feel his love, his passion, his tenderness. She took his hand which was on her waist and slowly turned over and faced him. She never tires from looking at him. In sleep, his face looked so young and innocent like a boy. The boy whom she loved all these years, she never stopped loving him. The boy who willingly traded his life for hers, time and again. The boy, who became the man, the hero of Joseon. She stroked his eyebrows, his cheeks, his full lips and traced her fingers down to his shoulder. These broad shoulders, gave her comfort in their embrace but they had also carried a huge burden on their back. He has suffered so much and all she wants now is to be by his side, understanding him, comforting him and loving him with all her heart and her soul. Forever. 

@princess_narnia I demand my happy ending too! I watched a bit of The Musical because Ki Woong was in it. If only they had thought through the script better lollll. But Ki Woong was, as usual, exceptional there. 
My other gripe about Shunji was that he never once stopped to pause and look at everything in the big picture. It's like he just got swept away just like that. He lost his rational self the moment he saw his brother die before his eyes. Either it's a plot flaw or the writer simply wanted to show that Shunji's guilt towards Kenji was greater than anything else. 

Waaah those tweets! Joowon why did you say that? Does it mean she died beautifully so we cant forget her? Or maybe she rented the whole hotel for Mokdan and Kangto ^^. Maybe their first child is produced thanks to Rara XD. Ok sorry I am going on the pervy land but I have to think about something else cuz I dont want a sad ending!

Guest sunshine4ever

@mojobobo, it's understandable though mojo on SJ's part because the truth is that both SJ and KT lost their brother, but their way of choosing affect how they are as a person. For KT it's time to reflect and amend, but for SJ it's time to blame people for his brother's death. I think we all share what both KT & SJ share with each other. It's just how you approach your problem that determines your destiny. That's why I just love KT so much. I guess because he is crippled, but he's crippled desiring to change. But at the same time I can empathize and feel so sorry for SJ because he is also deeply wounded and blinded by his approach towards his brother's death.

-
edit

I think for KT, it's change because he wanted to be a good person to amend for what he did or what he lost due to his sins.

For SJ, it's blaming and blaming people for what he had lost. :( It's so sad.

@marie67, that was Joo Won's cody, not Joo Won lol but I like your scenario kekeke.
Sharing some goodies from Baidu, taken by fans. 
Baek Gun ahjussi! You FINALLY appeared!
0b46f21fbe096b63a3ac9ad00c338744eaf8acfd.png
I see bubble butt @mrdimples @coolreborn @ctfrsgp
bf096b63f6246b605b7976f4ebf81a4c510fa23f.pnga50f4bfbfbedab6400288940f736afc378311ed3.jpg472309f7905298223f44fd43d7ca7bcb0a46d43f.png242dd42a2834349b6071aa05c9ea15ce36d3be3f.jpg241f95cad1c8a78600718e8e6709c93d71cf50d3.png63d9f2d3572c11df9ea67ba3632762d0f703c23f.png

Comrade Ahn

7a899e510fb30f24b4ce2883c895d143ac4b03de.png

Troops

a71ea8d3fd1f41345463c1fe251f95cad0c85ede.jpgdbb44aed2e738bd4939476b1a18b87d6267ff9fd.jpg

SHUNJIIIIII!!!!!! He's wearing a bright suit in contrast to his usual dark ones and is smiling happily. Can I take it that everyone gets a happy ending? At this point I don't care that it may not even be fair or make sense. I DON'T CARE, I just want everyone to be happy TT_TT

2e2eb9389b504fc2414b7485e5dde71190ef6d1e.png63d9f2d3572c11df9e847ba3632762d0f603c2dd.jpgbd3eb13533fa828b19555963fd1f4134970a5a38.jpgf703738da9773912a47341e1f8198618377ae2dd.jpg

Shunji fanboying

eaf81a4c510fd9f98a4191e9252dd42a2934a4d8.jpg902397dda144ad3425e94307d0a20cf430ad85d8.jpg2e2eb9389b504fc241eb7485e5dde71191ef6dfe.jpg

Joo Won's awesome stunt double!

fd039245d688d43f59fd55727d1ed21b0ff43bde.jpg

A cake for our lovely Gaksital team to celebrate!

4d086e061d950a7b35b291440ad162d9f3d3c9af.jpg

Ok friends, it's really late and I really need to sleep.

30adcbef76094b362f55dc6da3cc7cd98c109d6f.png

@sunshine4ever hehe, ;) I went from posting a decent amount to super quiet. Real life I think, love. That and I was thinking about the show but wanted to see what happened with episodes 25 and 26 before I commented.
@mrdimples I just sat here with my cup of tea and sighed and smiled over that little bit of fic there. Thank you. It was gorgeous. :D  :x
@mojobobo and @sunshine4ever you both hit the nail on the head so squarely there. Shunji has been just running on anger and rage and has not stopped to think. I think the sad part of this is that unlike Kenji, who was a definite "shoot first and then don't bother to even ask questions later" type, Shunji was more of the "lets wait and see what happens" school of thought. That is why he took his time and let Kang To have a false sense of security before he pulled the rug from under him. He has proved time and time again that he is far more calculating and intelligent than a lot of villains we see in dramas. An intelligent villain always keeps the hero and the audience on their toes. I just wish he had allowed himself a moment to think of why everything had worked out this way. @sunshine4ever as you so beautifully pointed out, Shunji went the anger and vengeance route while Kang To started that way but realized there was more to it and that he needed to change; to be a better man. Its true that two people can be in similar situations and react in vastly different manners.
EDIT: @sunshin4ever you're welcome for the PKW rec. :D There's also a show called "A Man's Story" in which he played an autistic genius. My friend has been watching it and loving it. The show got great reviews from Dramabeans too.
@mojobobo the script for The Musical really was lacking in that it ended abruptly. Not to mention that it made no sense whatsoever to me that the two lovely men in the show were fighting for the attention of the main actress who didn't wow me in the least.

@sunshine4ever, I was going to sleep but you entreated me to leave a reply! 
Shunji is a smart man but smart people sometimes choose only what they want to see. Couple that with a well to do background and a childhood free of struggles, you will have someone whose world view and focus is on themselves. It's not necessarily saying that they are selfish but it's just the way they are brought up, simply because they don't have to learn how to deal with the wild cards life throws at them. In this sense, Shunji is still like a child. He's not emotionally developed enough to handle setbacks. Even something like someone not liking you back is enough to send their world crash. It's a very "I'm entitled" mentality, because from young, people like Shunji did not have to worry about having to earn anything the hard way. This is in contrast with Kangto, who even when he misunderstood Shunji and Mok Dan, chose to move on and do what he needed to do. It does not mean he loves Mok Dan any less, it just means that he knows that there's more to life than just mopping around because someone is not returning your love. 
Shunji immediately jumps and becomes defensive, defending his father to the end even if something tells him or he already knows that Taro is no saint (which is probably why he even left home in the first plave). In this sense, Shunji is naive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a good guy but rather, his reaction is in accordance to his undeveloped emotional being, just like a child, choosing to protect your family at the first sign of danger and not asking anything else. Even though he had his nanny, that cannot compare to familial love, which Taro didn't provide properly and Shunji never received. Shunji chose to run away from the problems and to do what he thought was right. He was trying his best to keep on the right path but he probably also struggled with feeling unfilial, being the black sheep. So this is probably why when Shunji saw the first sign of threat, he felt that he had turned his back on people who needed him most and the people he loved and taught were now the bad guys. Ok not really making sense am too sleepy hahha <3

Archived