Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 7-13, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Saturday, Jan. 12      
My Only Ally 67 KBS 30.8%
My Only Ally 68 KBS 35.2%
A Pledge to God 25 MBC 11.5%
A Pledge to God 26 MBC 14.5%
A Pledge to God 27 MBC 15.2%
A Pledge to God 28 MBC 15.5%
Fates and Furies 21 SBS 3.7%
Fates and Furies 22 SBS 4.9%
Fates and Furies 23 SBS 5.7%
Fates and Furies 24 SBS 6.0%
SKY Castle 16 JTBC 19.2%
Priest 13 OCN 1.6%
Memories of the Alhambra 13 tvN 9.3%
Sunday, Jan. 13      
My Only Ally 69 KBS  
My Only Ally 70 KBS  
My Healing Love 49 MBC  
My Healing Love 50 MBC  
My Healing Love 51 MBC  
My Healing Love 52 MBC  
Priest 14 OCN  
Memories of the Alhambra 14 tvN  

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-7-13-2019/

*** I find the drama good - it's just that I hate one with tons of flashback scenes. :P

TV: "Memories of the Alhambra" dashes initial thrill with confusing plot development

201901140824424110_1.jpg

LINK here : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/01/tv-memories-of-alhambra-dashes-initial.html

• Love 1

*** Time flies so fast that this drama is about to end soon - With (2) more EPs left, I'm enjoying it. I'm happy that the ratings are steady till the end. :P

Writer Of “Memories Of The Alhambra” Explains How Pokémon Go Influenced The Drama

30595da8af6e461587c043c197a52e42.jpeg?s=

At an interview, writer Song Jae Jung of tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra” revealed how she came up with the idea for the unique drama that combines suspense with an augmented reality game theme in a Spanish setting.

Song Jae Jung is the writer behind several popular dramas like “Queen In Hyun’s Man,” “Nine,” “The Three Musketeers,” and “W.” Her latest drama “Memories of the Alhambra” is another success, with its first episode scoring 7.5% for its viewership ratings and its latest episode (episode 14) reaching approximately 10%.

She explained that after “W,” she was originally thinking of writing a time-slip story as the last part of a three-part series that would include “Queen In Hyun’s Man” and “Nine.” She came up with a story about a man from the future, and that was Yoo Jin Woo (played by Hyun Bin). At the time, the story involved Yoo Jin Woo staying at a hotel room and opening the door to a stranger and who would shoot him with a gun.

She shared, “However, I didn’t feel motivated, and that’s probably because I had already written so many [time-slip stories]. While I was searching for ideas to write about, Pokémon Go was the new craze, so I got curious and tried it out.”

“I didn’t think of doing a video game theme because it didn’t seem possible to recreate a virtual reality like the movie ‘Avatar,'” she continued. “But if it were to involve augmented reality with items [on the screen] like Pokémon Go, it seemed doable. That’s when I dropped the time-slip theme and decided to only keep the character Yoo Jin Woo.”

Meanwhile, “Memories of the Alhambra” is nearing its end with only two episodes remaining. The last two episodes will air on Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

10 Most Talked About Airing Dramas Of 2nd Week Of January

top-dramas-cover.jpg

On Jan. 14, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ranking of the most talked about airing dramas for the second week of January.

1- “SKY Castle”

2- “The Last Empress

3- “Memories Of The Alhambra

4- “Encounter

5- “The Crowned Clown

6- “Liver or Die”

7- “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo 2”

8- “My Only One”

9- “Quiz of God: Reboot”

10- “My Strange Hero

dramas-good-data-corporporation.jpg

“The Crowned Clown“, “Liver or Die” and “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo 2” entered the ranking this week. “SKY Castle” had been topping the list for the 5th week.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-airing-dramas-of-2nd-week-of-january/

“Memories Of The Alhambra” Writer Reveals Hyun Bin’s Role Is Based On Elon Musk + How Death Works In The Drama

6cdfbfb50f164e92a83d1cbe6394873c.jpeg?s=

Song Jae Jung, writer of tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra,” revealed that Yoo Jin Woo (played by Hyun Bin) is based on Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk and shared how death works inside the drama.

At a press conference, she explained, “I found Elon Musk intriguing after coincidentally reading his autobiography. I drew inspiration from his life and created Yoo Jin Woo.” A few similarities between Yoo Jin Woo and Elon Musk are that they both have PhDs in engineering and that they are both self-made CEOs of extremely successful IT companies.

In continuation, she explained the workings behind death in the drama and how the AR (Augmented Reality) game is related to it.

Spoilers

Asked why Yoo Jin Woo and those close to him are the only ones whose in-game deaths can lead to death in reality, she stated, “You can think of it as a virus. Having murderous intent and breaking the rules created an error in the game. In Yoo Jin Woo and Cha Hyung Suk’s (played by Park Hoon) case as well, the murderous fights between the users caused them to become able to feel pain and unable to log out,” and added, “I had my storyline edited by a professional in the field. Using smart lenses to play an AR game means that the brain can be controlled by the game.”

Regarding Cha Hyung Suk’s mysterious death, she explained, “The scene where the police officer speculates that Cha Hyung Suk’s death was caused by a lack of blood in his body was written to trick viewers. That was only a speculation made by the police officer as they couldn’t properly check if it was true. The line was purposely inserted to create a tense atmosphere by implying that Yoo Jin Woo could be involved in the murder case.”

The final two episodes of “Memories of the Alhambra” will air this Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

#10YearChallenge: The Trend That Didn’t Take Korea By Storm, But Here It Is Anyway

The #10YearChallenge, or — the more apt version for us age-at-a-normal-rate folk — “How hard has aging hit you challenge,” is running rampant through the interwebs, with friends and celebrities alike sharing then-and-now photos of their transformation, or lack thereof, from 2009 to 2019.

Korean celebrities have, for the most part, pointedly ignored this trend — why, we cannot fathom — so here you go, you ageless monsters.

We did it for you.

Exclusively from our favorite dramas of 2009 and some that we truly did not know existed, here are 16 celebrities, then and now:

Hyun Bin

hyun-bin-540x360.jpg

Left: “Friend, Our Legend” (2009) Right: “Memories of the Alhambra”

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

I just watched Hyun Bin's movie "Negotiations" and well....it was almost mind-blowing to see how Hyun Bin has progressed his acting skills over the years.   He was so very well melt into the character and what a captivating performance!   I highly recommend the movie. 

I had liked Hyun Bin since the drama "The secret garden" and now I am becoming a faithful fan.  What a joy to watch this man on screen!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Lara Wen said:

I just watched Hyun Bin's movie "Negotiations" and well....it was almost mind-blowing to see how Hyun Bin has progressed his acting skills over the years.   He was so very well melt into the character and what a captivating performance!   I highly recommend the movie. 

I had liked Hyun Bin since the drama "The secret garden" and now I am becoming a faithful fan.  What a joy to watch this man on screen!

Hi Lara Wen, I love this drama. I find it good. It is one of the best K-dramas to watch – and re-watch for that matter! I find it a so romantic drama, too!  :P

OMG it's been the longest time that I've visited this forum and Hyun Bin thread again. Congratulations to the well received of Memories of Alhambra. Hyun Bin killed the every minutes and moments he's on the screen as Yoo Jin Woo. The best of all, no one act like him. 

Wow I just saw the rumors about Son Ye Jin and him. If it's true then a big congratulations to you my favorite man. You deserve to be happy with a gorgeous woman like Son Ye Jin. She is a perfect match for you. 

hello!

HyunBin was spectacular every. single. episode. I lost count how many times he nailed it. I thought Ep15 was his all time best but until Ep16, his excellent acting was moving. Unstoppable. HyunBin as Yoo Jinwoo is his finest role to date & award worthy.

cr: as tagged

• Like 3

On 1/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, simplysl said:

OMG it's been the longest time that I've visited this forum and Hyun Bin thread again. Congratulations to the well received of Memories of Alhambra. Hyun Bin killed the every minutes and moments he's on the screen as Yoo Jin Woo. The best of all, no one act like him. 

Wow I just saw the rumors about Son Ye Jin and him. If it's true then a big congratulations to you my favorite man. You deserve to be happy with a gorgeous woman like Son Ye Jin. She is a perfect match for you. 

I just read the news as well with photos of them in the supermarket.  I am so hoping this news gets validated by their agencies soon!!

They look perfect together!!!

Hyin Bin just denied the rumors for the second time. Whether or not the rumors are true I just wish him the best and happiness. I really do hope that they’re dating though and just want to keep their relationship private. He was in a public relationship twice with Song Hye Kyo and Kang Sora and both didn’t work out so I hope third’s the charm and that he just want to protect Son Ye Jin. 

• Like 1