Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

23 hours ago, Lara Wen said:

I just read the news as well with photos of them in the supermarket.  I am so hoping this news gets validated by their agencies soon!!

They look perfect together!!!

Hi Lara Wen, ohhh............I haven't seen the picture you're referring. Can you please share it here with us? HB's agency has once again denied rumors of him dating her upon checking with him. He said that the dating rumors are not true. I guess the picture where they were at the supermarket was taken in US but it seems like this was misrepresented. There were other acquaintances with them at the grocery store. So, IDK what to believe - hahaha -  In case they are dating, they just decided to deny the rumors to protect each other. Well, they're old enough... They would make a nice couple, though. Their relationship is their business & their life, anyway. But, I wonder if they've friends ever since or just started being friends during the movie days.....They are both well within marriage age, anyway. If they are just friends, let them enjoy their friendship. :lol:

*** About their picture at the supermarket, I heard that the two of them were only left together at the moment they were pushing the cart, and their other acquaintances were in another section of the grocery store. I love HB and want him to be happy. :lol:

Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin both deny dating rumors

Actor Hyun Bin and his recent movie co-star, Son Ye-jin, have both denied rumors that they are romantically involved, according to their agencies, after a suspected photo of them shopping together began to circulate on the Internet.

Both of their agencies said they met in the United States for a get-together with their friends and they are not dating. 

20190121001058_0.jpg
(Herald DB)

"They are close and as far as we know they just met for a catch-up," Hyun's VAST Entertainment agency told Yonhap.

Son's agency, MS Team Entertainment, issued a similar statement.

"They hung out with their friends in a group and they were with friends at the grocery store. They are not dating," her agency official said.

Rumors about the two dating reignited after a photo of them went viral on the Internet on Monday.

In the picture, Hyun and Son, wearing black caps and sunglasses, were supposedly shopping for groceries at a supermarket outside of Korea.

Earlier this month, the two were caught up in dating rumors and both agencies have denied the rumors.

Hyun and Son co-starred in their latest movie, "The Negotiation." (Yonhap)

tvN series 'Memories of the Alhambra' tops weekly TV chart in its closing week

SEOUL, Jan. 23 (Yonhap) -- tvN drama series, "Memories of the Alhambra," topped the weekly TV program chart in the final week of its 16-episode run, data showed Wednesday.

The Saturday-Sunday series, which aired its last episode Jan. 20, earned a Content Power Index (CPI) score of 264.9 for the week of Jan. 14-20, finishing atop the index, according to the chart data released by CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea.

The drama starring Hyun Bin and Park Shin-hye is the first mainstream series dealing with augmented reality as its main subject.

The drama is set in both Seoul and Granada, Spain, giving an edge to the show's visual quality.

PCM20190116000013005_P4.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

pbr@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 1

*** I can't blame people/fans/netizens to be suspicious upon seeing this picture. Seeing this myself I'm not giving up hope that the two may be in a more intimate relationship and I'm in full support for the couple. Well, I wish these two were for real.  Although, we could get to see their back I still can say they look so good together. So, I wish they are in a relationship. I'm rooting for them now. :lol:

6fvnjdhv2sRvZX3QrQFwj48u7vfSh-SDj6g-VWC2

cr-koreaboo

• Like 1
  • Love 1

January 24, 2019

‘Memories’ finale tops TV ratings

“Memories of the Alhambra,” the tvN drama series, topped the weekly TV program chart in the final week of its 16-episode run, data showed Wednesday.

The Saturday-Sunday series, which aired its final episode on Jan. 20, earned a Content Power Index (CPI) score of 264.9 for the week of Jan. 14-20, finishing atop the index, according to the chart data released by CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea.

The drama starring Hyun Bin and Park Shin-hye is the first mainstream series dealing with augmented reality as its main subject. The drama is set in both Seoul and Granada, Spain, giving an edge to the show’s visual quality.

The CPI, created by CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media presence and influence of TV programs aired on the three major terrestrial networks - MBC, SBS and KBS - and the seven cable channels owned by CJ ENM, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. Yonhap

• Like 2

the series are soooo good... I`m happy because finally our cutie boy could be in a good script ... one of the best of him.. and he deserve a good script with quality ... I loved in his character jin woo...... that topic of video games are so dificult to make.... for that reason I can say : a big aplausse for good narrative, the ost so beautiful..... ahhh I hope he do another series soon, with quality lke he deserves!!!! I MISS HIM SO MUCH!!!!! 

• Like 1

I just finished watching Hyun Bin latest drama. I love his character and he really delivered his utmost to portray character Jinwoo.. 

Do anyone know if Hyun bin will be in another drama or movie this year? I really want to watch his acting soon

• Like 3

Kdrama: Memories of the Alhambra

Rating: 9/10

Review (finale): by cococassey

Guys guys why the outrage? Don’t you think we all owe it to Hyun Bin to let him rest and take it easy on the last episode of the drama? Poor guy, alternative title of this drama should be ‘The Hundred Ways to Torture Hyun Bin’. He seriously got thinner with each episode after that unforgettable badass performance as Jin Woo.

About that finale, I’m not as mad as people are over that sort of 'hopeful’ open ending. Honestly a lot of drama writers are in love with that. I thought before, ok if she just explained 'the bug’ why playing the game can get you killed in real life, then it’s all good. We kind of passed that hurdle. But she last minute added this 'instance dungeon’, the idea has its merits, but it was explained and executed poorly as there was not enough time.

So as the writer wants me to fill in the blanks on my own, I’m assuming that instance dungeon is a safe zone (Seju created) like 'Cafe Alcazaba’ where you can survive free from attackers, but you’re stuck in the game and frozen in time (Hello wreck it Ralph?). Maybe Jin Woo survived (as he is a living person) but was weakened after Emma deleted the bug off him, panicked and stumbled upon it, and got stuck there, escaping the reset? In my own happy ending Hee Ju will level up to be the new master to save Jin Woo, with allies genius brother Seju and funny techie Yang Ju, they’ll get Jin Woo out in no time. And Hee Ju will keep him far far away from playing games for the rest of their lives lol.

But boy do I need more peace and closure for Jin Woo after all he went through. Please something more. For him and Hee Ju. Though that ending takes away nothing from the fact that there’s simply nothing like Alhambra in dramaland yet, and I hope it starts a genre trend. It’s mainly a scifi thriller with a futuristic theme, but at its heart it’s still about very human things like love, family, and friendship kdramas excel at. There’s a tragic tone throughout, but there’s lightness and hope amidst it all.

The tale is how the camaraderie of four men with seemingly strong ties, was broken through jealousy, greediness, and pride. How both horrifyingly tragic and fitting is it that it’s the son who put an end to his father’s evil ways because of the professor’s own plans? On the other side of the coin, when Jin Woo was at his lowest, there were also friendships that lasted over and beyond life itself. Director Park has to have the most thankless job ever (no wonder he’s resigning) and an underrated role, love how his character hit that perfect blend of 'he thinks Jin Woo is crazy bonkers but he’s still concerned as a friend’. Of course I may never recover from the tragic fate of ever loyal Secretary Jeong Hun who can seriously give Hee Ju a run for her money as true OTP of Jin Woo.

Speaking of the romance, I’m such a sucker for that 'Florence Nightingale’ angle. When zombie Hyeong Seok started haunting him, Jin Woo was broken physically and his sanity hanging on a thread, he desperately latched on to Hee Ju as his light. Hee Ju, from feelings that started from gratitude and being in his debt, took care of him and never gave up on him until the end. I’m infatuated myself with him after this, how can I question Hee Ju’s feelings lol.

Hee Ju’s character was sorely underused. Even though she’s emotional, she’s so capable, nurturing, and the backbone not only of her family, but Jin Woo as well. He wouldn’t have survived this long without her strength. Another big minus for me is the lack of more good female characters in the drama. The writer can only redeem herself if she writes about the adventures of awesome sister Min Ju sometime in the future.

Finally, Hyun Bin. The heart and soul of this show. Jin Woo is Memories of the Alhambra. Hyun Bin is back on top of dramaland, and he so deserves it. He never overacts and his performance is so understated, but I felt for him throughout his roller coaster ride, the slow descent from an arrogant CEO to someone who is questioning his own sanity, truly one for the books. He suffered and survived on his own, not wanting to include others in the cursed bug, tried to make a new 'normal’ for himself and had the tenacious will to finish the game till the bitter end.

The ending left me with a melancholic feeling, but given the chance I’ll watch it all over again. All those memories with Jin Woo and Hee Ju are worth all the anxiety it caused me. Not the best of wrap ups, but what do we know? Maybe one day it’ll be raining, and you’ll hear a familiar guitar song playing, and when you look up, you’ll once again see that impish smirk, we already dearly miss. We’ll wait for you, Jin Woo.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to Hyun Bin 현빈
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*** I heard that Hyun Bin will hold fan meetings in three Asian cities next month.  He will begin the tour in Seoul on April 13 and visit Taipei and Hong Kong later in the month.  It will be his first Asian tour in many years. I hope we could get the detailed schedules of the fan meeting tour soon. :P

Actor Hyun Bin gears up for Asia fan meeting tour

optimize

Korean heart-throb Hyun Bin will tour Asia from April.

The "LOG INTO THE SPACE - 2019 Hyun Bin Fan Meeting Tour" will begin on April 13 in Korea. He also is set to visit Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Tickets for the Korean event are available at Interpark.

Hyun Bin's last fan meeting tour was in 2013.

"It is a tour after a long period of time," a spokesperson for his agency, VAST Entertainment, said Tuesday. "We arranged the event for the fans for supporting and waiting for him. Hyun Bin will communicate with his fans."

Hyun Bin, whose real name is Kim Tae-pyung, made his acting debut in 2003 with TV series "Bodyguard." He rose to stardom after taking a lead role in the drama "My Name is Kim San-soon" in 2005 and recently starred in the 16-episode tvN soap opera "Memories of the Alhambra."

credit : Korea Times

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 1:49 PM, Go Seung Ji said:

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this good news  even though nothing has been confirmed except that production will start sometime in the second half of this year. I hope they could provide us the plot or character synopsis for this upcoming drama soon. I'm happy that Hyun Bin is confirmed to do this drama. I'm curious for his leading lady here, though. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

10 Older Romance K-Dramas That You Need To See

916d36aaf14f4aa1bc39da48d11c9cca.jpeg?s=

It feels like just yesterday I was watching these K-dramas as a kid, which are now referred to as “older K-dramas.”

It’s easy to get excited and sucked into the dramatic world of K-dramas these days, but there are lots of K-dramas from way back when that can be thoroughly enjoyed today. Here’s a look at 10 of those older K-dramas that you should definitely give a watch!

Worlds Within

wolrds-within.jpg

“Worlds Within” stars Hyun Bin as Jung Ji Oh and Song Hye Kyo as Joo Joon Young in this realistic K-drama about the ups and downs of being in a relationship. The two characters both work in the world of K-dramas, as they are both production directors. They are constantly faced with the pressures of having to deliver a high-rating K-drama while being in a sustaining relationship.

worlds-within.gif

If you’re into a series that gives insight into what being in a relationship while having a career is like, “Worlds Within” is the perfect watch. There isn’t anything too dramatic that happens, but you’ll appreciate the realness of love and breakups. There’s also some sizzling romance between the two leads that you won’t want to miss!

Watch “Worlds Within”:

Watch Now

My Name Is Kim Sam Soon

kim-sam-soon.jpg

Another Hyun Bin K-drama classic to watch, “My Name is Kim Sam Soon” stars Hyun Bin as a restaurant owner named Hyun Jin Hyeon and Kim Sun Ah as Kim Sam Soon. Kim Sam Soon is a 30-year-old “ajumma” (old lady) whose boyfriend cheats on her — amongst other unfortunate events. She ends up getting a job at the restaurant Jin Hyeon owns, and the two form a hate relationship.

But when they pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend for the sake of Jin Hyeon, the two discover that they have a lot more in common than they thought.

kim-sam-soon.jpeg

This hit K-drama is a must-watch for anyone who appreciates a feel-good romantic comedy. It’s got the same feel as the hit movie “Bridget Jones’s Diary” — the charm and lovable main female lead will have you laughing and totally relating.

Watch “My Name Is Kim Sam Soon”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1