Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Hyun Bin is asked if he's unable to date due to his busy schedule

hyun-bin.jpg

Hyun Bin opened up about dating.

On September 17, Hyun Bin participated in an interview at a cafe in Seoul to talk about his new film 'The Negotiator'. 

During the talk, Hyun Bin shared, "I rested for about 2-3 months after finishing the film 'Rampant'." The actor added he's been very busy filming movies, as well as the upcoming tvN drama 'Memories of the Alhambra'. 

When asked if he's unable to date due to his busy schedule, Hyun Bin replied, "Yeah, that's also a reason (why I can't)," and said, "I don't have desires to date (at the moment)."

source : allkpop

Busy Holiday Season Leaves Viewers Spoilt for Choice

lwVLefYfnbuaoiQInLne.jpg

With the ink still warm in the record books for this summer’s box office, the Korean film industry is heading straight back into action for one of the busiest Chuseok holiday seasons of recent memory. Five star-driven titles will vie for glory on the charts as families around the country gather for the festivities.

Chuseok, Korea’s Thanksgiving holiday, is one of the two biggest annual celebrations in the country, along with the Lunar New Year. This year, the holiday will take place from Sunday, September 23 to Tuesday 25, with Wednesday threw in as another day off by the government. In addition, National Foundation Day and Hangeul Proclamation Day will fall on Wednesday, October 3 and Tuesday, October 9, giving fall releases plenty of opportunities to draw in big crowds in 2018.

Among this fall’s five top titles are a new showdown between HYUN Bin and ZO In-sung, who went head to head during the Lunar New Year holiday in 2017 with Confidential Assignment and The King, the latest Don LEE vehicle, last year’s Chuseok champ with THE OUTLAWS, the final entry in a period drama trilogy and South Korea’s first ever period creature feature.

THE NEGOTIATION - SON Ye-jin & HYUN Bin

The latest work from hit-making company JK Film, hostage thriller THE NEGOTIATION combines two of the country’s most popular stars: SON Ye-jin and HYUN Bin. From new filmmaker LEE Jong-seok, the thriller comes from the company behind Haeundae (2009), Ode to My Father (2014), The Himalayas (2015) and Confidential Assignment (2017).

SON plays Chae-yoon, an ace hostage negotiator who is called to the scene when her supervisor is taken hostage. She must engage in a tense game with the vicious hostage-taker Tae-gu (HYUN), whose motivations she’s having difficulties to ascertain.

Long known for the melodramatic fare, SON has convincingly expanded her repertoire over the last few years, headlining the period swashbuckler The Pirates (2014) and the critically acclaimed thriller The Truth Beneath (2016), She most recently had a hit with the romantic fantasy drama Be With You, co-starring SO Ji-sub. HYUN Bin has delivered a steady stream of hits of late, which have included conman thriller The Swindlers (2017), the JK Film spy action-comedy Confidential Assignment and period action drama The Fatal Encounter (2014). 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/features.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601013&seq=442&mode=FEATURES_VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

Here’s What The Cast Of “Secret Garden” Looks Like 8 Years Later

They look more gorgeous now than ever.

It’s hard to believe that 8 years have already passed since Secret Garden hit screens. This body-swapping romantic comedy was one of the most popular K-Dramas of 2010 and remains a fan favourite to this day. The cast may have moved on to different things, but one thing they have in common is their ability to age gracefully!

2. Hyun Bin as Kim Joo-won

ym3jjiqYWWalQBWrhv9EAJKWcYtzM__hZ3Z2Wckb

Hyun Bin played the CEO of a department store, who is as arrogant as he is handsome. His life gets turned upside down after he meets a fiery stuntwoman by chance.

7L5XKSlvQg4S1Z5Nh8vRvMlxCSQPTy-cjEz2c88G

Hyun Bin experienced a resurgence of fame for his role and was recognized at the 2010 SBS Drama Awards for his amazing performance. Less than a year later, he began his mandatory military service in the Marine Corps, then returned to acting with his first-ever period film, The Fatal Encounter. 

fRi2X5tMeWE68j8KUGBM1O0x6j8y6HwQQJnYDu8j

Since then Hyun Bin has continued to star in leading roles. In this press photo for the premiere of his latest film, The Negotiation, Hyun Bin doesn’t seem to have aged a day!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

Korean Movies Opening Today 2018/09/19 in Korea

photo1002646.jpg

Korean movies opening today 2018/09/19 in Korea: "Fengshui", "The Negotiation", "The Great Battle", and "Beethoven Medley".

photo1002641.jpg

"The Negotiation" (2018)

Directed by Lee Jong-seok-I

With Son Ye-jin, Hyun Bin, Kim Sang-ho, Kim Min-sang-I, Jang Young-nam, Lee Shi-ah,...

Crank in : 2017/06/17
Synopsis
A criminal thriller movie about a kidnapper and a negotiator whose superior has been kidnapped.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : /www.hancinema.net/al...

• Guest changed the title to Hyun Bin 현빈 | 2018 Line Up > Movie : Rampant * Negotiation| Drama: Memories of Alhambra
30 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Hyun Bin for Rampant. He looks so gorgeous with those robes !

Hi LyraYoo, thanks for sharing this picture. Can't wait for this upcoming movie. It will be released next month, right? I hope he'll be

visible during this time to promote his movie. I'm happy to hear some updates about him from time to time. :P

Hallyu Star Hyun Bin Opens Up About Current Dating Status; Who Is He Dating Right Now

hallyu-star-hyun-bin-opens-up-about-his-

Korean actor Hyun Bin has been known as vocal about his private life. He recently shared some insight about his dating status right now. The Secret Garden star admitted that he has no plan to date at the moment and also revealed the reasons as to why.

Hyun has been single for months now following his break up with Kang Sora in December 2017 after a year of dating. Many are interested to know if he hangs out with someone special these days or he is already found his happily ever after like his ex-girlfriend Song Hye Kyo.

Hyun revealed that he is not planning to date right now as he is busy filming several films and K-drama. The actor is currently promoting his upcoming movie The Negotiation.

Hyun's last romantic relationship was with Kang. When the actor's agency VAST Entertainment confirmed the break up back in December, it also cited that the two have decided to split up due to their busy schedules. It looks like the actor has devoted his time to work since then.

"After Negotiation ends and around the second week after the premiere when I'm going around doing events, the promotions for Rampant will start. After Rampant ends, then the drama will begin," he said (via Soompi). Hyun was referring to his upcoming tvN drama Memories of the Alhambra.

The 35-year-old actor has been in a relationship with Descendants of The Sun actress Song Hye Kyo and Ghastly star Ji Hyun Hwang in the past. The My Name Is Kim Sam-soon actor was also previously rumored to be dating Ha Ji Won and The Heirs actress Park Shin Hye.

Meanwhile, Hyun's fans will watch him next in the crime movie The Negotiation in which he plays the role of a villain.  The film is about a hostage situation in Thailand where crisis negotiator Ha Chae Yoon (Son Ye Jin) tries to negotiate with hostage taker Min Tae Goo (Hyun Bin). The movie will premiere in cinemas in South Korea on September 19.

Meanwhile, Hyun's action zombie film, Rampant, is scheduled to be released on October 25. His K-drama Memories of the Alhambra, on the other hand, will premiere on November 24. Hyun stars in the TV series along with Park Shin Hye.

source : Koreaportal

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

By Yoon Min-sik

The Negotiation
(Korea)
Opened Sept.19
Action, Crime, Drama
Directed by Lee Jong-seok

Ha Chae-yoon (Son Ye-jin), a professional negotiator for Seoul police, is traumatized when a hostage situation goes horribly wrong. Her resignation is withheld when a hostage situation involving the arms dealer Min Tae-gu (Hyun Bin) occurs in Bangkok, and he demands that Ha be his counterpart.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

15 Most Popular K-Dramas Among International Fans

What was the first drama you got hooked on?

K-drama is loved and watched all over the world. We’ve all binge watched a K-drama or two, or three… or four. One does not simply watch one episode of a series, you binge watch them all.

5. The Secret Garden (2010)

The Secret Garden is a romantic comedy about a wealthy man who swaps souls with a poor stunt woman forcing both of them to learn  about how different their worlds are. 

IysPVf2_nbRxENWSaYg97XmO4m-5JftVF1qL7gme

Ha Ji Won and Hyun Bin received rave reviews for perfectly capturing each others’ personality and role when they switched souls.

(skipped unrelated.....)

On 9/22/2018 at 1:45 PM, Go Seung Ji said:

Memories of the Alhambra: 1st Episode on 1st of December

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing the teasers of the drama. Can't wait! :P

September Brand Reputation Rankings For Male Advertisement Models Revealed

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced this month’s brand reputation rankings for male advertisement models!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer behavior using big data collected from August 22 to September 23. The Korean Business Research Institute evaluated the participation, communication, media, and social values of 50 male advertisement models in order to calculate each star’s total brand reputation index for September.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Jung Hae In
  2. Park Seo Joon
  3. Won Bin
  4. Wanna One’s Kang Daniel
  5. Gong Yoo
  6. Park Bo Gum
  7. Shinhwa’s Eric
  8. Jo In Sung
  9. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  10. Park Ji Sung
  11. Baek Jong Won
  12. Lee Byung Hun
  13. Song Joong Ki
  14. Ha Jung Woo
  15. Yoo Jae Suk
  16. Hyun Bin
  17. Lee Sang Min
  18. Cho Seung Woo
  19. Jun Hyun Moo
  20. Ma Dong Seok

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2018.09.21 ~ 2018.09.23

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2018.09.21 ~ 2018.09.23

The number one movie this week is "The Great Battle" (안시성)

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2018.09.21 - 2018.09.23 (www.kobis.or.kr)

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "The Great Battle" (안시성) 2018/09/19 1 128 399 1 409 522
2 "Fengshui" (명당) 2018/09/19 548 990 758 859
3 "The Negotiation" (협상) 2018/09/19 445 104 618 427
4 "The Nun"   366 371 544 854
5 "Searching"   87 047 2 736 014

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor...

*** I’m really looking forward to the premiere of “Memories of the Alhambra” because I get to see Hyun Bin again on the small screen. Wahhh…….HB is coming back! I just adore him. He is my bias. I love the teaser because we get to see the beautiful shots of Barcelona, Spain. Love the cinematography! It’s very pretty because of the sunset.  The teasers have me intrigued but, this get me really excited...Although, it didn’t reveal much about anything. They're keeping the plot a mystery so I'm hoping it turns out interesting!  The teasers look promising, though. Can't wait for the upcoming trailers.  Can’t wait for December 1. I really hope that this drama won't disappoint because I have high hopes for it. I wonder if they will be able to speak any Spanish phrases at all! I am sure they will do a good job together.:P

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Taking a Look at the "Memories of the Alhambra" Cast in Script Reading Stills

photo1005811.jpg

If you want a good look at an extensive cast before casting news are even out for some of them, a script reading is the place to get it.

"Memories of the Alhambra" is a suspense romance drama about investment company president Yoo Jin-woo going on a business trip to Granada, and becoming involved in a strange incident at an old hostel run by heroine Jeong Hee-joo.

In order to show a more polished result, the series started filming in May, making it a semi pre-produced piece. Attending the script reading along with writer Song Jae-jeong and PD Ahn Gil-ho were cast members Hyun Bin, Park Shin-hye, Park Hoon, Kim Eui-sung, Kim Yong-rim, Chanyeol, Lee Seung-joon, Min Jin-woong, Cho Hyun-chul, Lee Si-won, Han Bo-reum, Ryu Abel, Lee Hak-joo, Lee Jae-wook and more.

photo1005812.jpg

The related piece gives us a quick recap of the leading duo as well. Yoo Jin-woo (Hyun Bin) has a PhD in engineering, and he's a talented game developer and CEO for his investment company. Although he is adventurous to the point of recklessness, he is a very cynical person. Jeong Hee-joo (Park Shin-hye) is a Korean running a hostel in Granada, Spain. Although she is not great at managing her finances, she is an artistic and charming person.

One thing that particularly draws my attention about all of this is that the fantasy genre is no longer included in the drama's description. Does this mean that we can wave that whole virtual reality thing bye bye, or has that become a hidden twist? I hope it's not the latter, because not even my memory is bad enough for me to not expect that. Let's hope that the attention to production delivers a good piece when "Memories of the Alhambra" premieres in December.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

credit : Hancinema

Jang Dong Gun Shares Thoughts On Acting With Close Friend Hyun Bin In New Historical Film

f151e15edc5d404ea6e2438964ad98b1.jpeg?s=

They say there’s nothing better than working with best friends, and Jang Dong Gun completely agrees.

On October 2 on Naver V Live, Jang Dong Gun commented on what it was like to work with his close friend Hyun Bin for their new historical film “Rampant.” He said, “It was so much fun. I thought our friendship would be a distraction because we have confrontational roles in the movie. However, I was able to rely on the idea that someone who knew me well would accept my acting. I had an enjoyable time filming [the movie].”

Hyun-Bin-Jang-Dong-Gun.jpg

“Rampant” is a period action film set during the Joseon dynasty, starring Hyun Bin as a prince who fights against demons to save his people and Jang Dong Gun as Kim Ja Joon who joins the battle. The movie premieres in South Korea on October 25.

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews.

Source (1) / soompi news

Stars Dazzle At 23rd Busan International Film Festival Opening Red Carpet

Many top actors showed elegant and stunning looks on the red carpet for the opening of the 23rd Busan International Film Festival!

The star-studded evening took place on October 4 at the Busan Cinema Center. The film festival runs until October 13, and will feature 323 films from 79 different countries.

Check out photos from the red carpet below!

Hyun Bin

hyun-bin-xpn.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Watch: Hyun Bin, Park Shin Hye, And Chanyeol Show Off Their Acting Skills At “Memories Of The Alhambra” Script Reading

ce48781f29c34c5db1475576a62dde1a.jpeg?s=

On October 7, tvN released the first script reading for upcoming drama “Memories of the Alhambra” on their official YouTube channel.

The video starts with all the actors and crew gathering in the meeting room. Park Shin Hye jokingly tells Hyun Bin that Chanyeol is her younger brother. The cast introduce themselves and their characters. The director, Ahn Gil Ho, addresses the cast, “I hope this can be a drama where we help fill each other’s difficulties.” Writer Song Jae Jung says “I hope we won’t lose our strength and keep pushing till the end of the drama.”

The video shows Hyun Bin getting into character as investment company CEO Yoo Jin Woo, looking fierce and assertive. His character seems a bit arrogant but charismatic as he says “No need to thank me. I bought it at that price because it was worth that much. I’m a businessman; I don’t waste my time.” He then gets angry, shouting “If I lose this, it’s all your fault!”

Park Shin Hye shows off her character, Jung Hee Joo’s clumsy and unique personality as she makes the whole cast burst into laughter through her lines. Her character seems flustered as she says “You’ve seen me perform? Where?” She shows her character’s honesty, saying “My dad’s been through a similar fraud situation.” Her unique charm shows through the way she talks to herself, saying aloud “Calm down. Don’t get worked up. Don’t make any mistakes. Stay calm.”

EXO’s Chanyeol plays Jung Se Joo, Jung Hee Joo’s trouble making younger brother. The mysteriousness of his character is shown through the way he slyly and subtly delivers his lines. His character calmly asks, “Is this Yoo Jin Woo’s cell phone number? You know CEO Cha Hyung Seok right? You guys are friends.”

Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye reveal a moment where their characters are talking to each other, with Hyun Bin asking if there’s any empty rooms and being flustered at Park Shin Hye’s response that there are no rooms except for a single room on the sixth floor, with the catch being that the elevator isn’t working. She then recommends him to find another place to stay. The two characters bicker back and forth and their relationship slowly progresses as they start wondering more about each other’s strange personalities.

The rest of the cast also get into their characters as they read their lines with passion.

Watch the script reading below!

“Memories of the Alhambra” will premiere in December. Check out the first teasers here!

10+ Stunning Red Carpet Moments from the 2018 Busan International Film Festival That Have Us Shook

The stars were out, and absolutely gorgeous at #BIFF2018.

3. Hyunbin and Jang Dong Gun

dAaRMAtViid8i_p3QotvmIvyU9ikAlDFA_KrqmvM

(skipped unrelated.....)

All the behind the scene pictures you need to see from the Memories of Alhambra

4dc165e6-b3c3-4101-99be-90516c792d00.jpg

The highly anticipated Memories of Alhambra dropped photos of Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin from the read-through, and three short and sweet teasers. The 15 second videos of the couple simply looking at each other or gazing intently at the camera will be enough to get you hyped for this new drama, which premieres in December.

a45ccd7e-e19a-497f-84ae-b7a695cfdcdf.jpg

Come December, expect a “suspense romance” with flawless lines and detail-oriented scenes. “Writer Song Jae Jung’s script was impeccable as anticipated, director Ahn Gil Ho will direct it with much focus on details, and the actors did great even though it was their first practice session.

“The drama will have upbeat suspense and heart wrenching romance. Please stay tuned for the premiere,” the drama team said according to sources. Director Ahn is the producer of award-winning Stranger (Secret Forest), and screenwriter Song has penned Nine: Nine Time Travels and W.

Memories of Alhambra is Hyun Bin’s small screen comeback since The Negotiation. This crime thriller, which also starred Son Ye Jin, was a box office hit in Korea last month. The last time we saw actress Park Shin Hye on small screen was in Little House in the Forest, a variety show she filmed with So Ji Sub.

For the past two months, the Doctor Crush actress has been sending updates from the Memories of Alhambra film sets. Below are photos from Spain, where Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin meet for the first time in the drama. In two separate Instagram posts, she thanked her friend Krystal and fans in Japan for sending coffee trucks to film set.

cbe5a570-1ab6-4f80-81a3-345e40df4a9d.jpg

Spoiler

What are your thoughts on Memories of Alhambra?

source : dramafever

Spoiler