Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

class="content-title" Hyun Bin Surrounded by the Lovely Ladies of SISTAR hotshotlover30 November 16, 2012

Hyun Bin Surrounded by the Lovely Ladies of SISTAR

SISTAR recently posed with actor Hyun Bin who looked dashing in his uniform. On November 16, Dasom tweeted, “With Hyun Bin oppa who is currently serving in the Marine Corp~” and attached a photo of Hyun Bin surrounded by the beautiful ladies of SISTAR. The photo was taken backstage at the “23rd Marine Coprs Music Concert,” where Hyun Bin emceed and SISTAR performed, on November 14.

Those who’ve seen the photo commented, “Hyun Bin looks so handsome in his uniform,” “The girls look short standing next to him,” “Aww they look so happy to be with Hyun Bin,” and more.

Meanwhile, Hyun Bin is currently enjoying his last break as a military personnel prior to his dismissal. He will return to his post on November 23 where he will complete the remainder of his term and be discharged on December 6. 

Screen-Shot-2012-11-16-at-11.41.26-AM.pn

credit : soompi news

I'm happy to see his hair growing but i hope he keeps it short for a while, he looks so manly now, very different from his Secret Garden look, which was cute but different than the usual Hyun Bin oppa. I prefer him manly and muscular like that. 

class="blog_h2 entry-title"Are Sistar nervous next to Hyun Bin?

328.jpgSistar recently took a picture with Hyun Bin.

On November 16, Dasom uploaded a picture of Sistar members with Hyun Bin on Sistar’s official Twitter account with the comment, “With Hyun Bin who is currently serving in the the Marine Corps.”

In the picture, Sistar members are standing next to Hyun Bin. Unlike Hyun Bin, who seems relaxed, Sistar members seem very nervous. They’re politely folding their hands with bright smiles on their faces.

People responded: “Sistar seem nervous.” “They look awkward.” “Hyun Bin has become more handsome.” “Hyun Bin looks so manly.” “Sistar look so cute.”

Hyun Bin will be discharged from the service on December 6.

• Source: TV Report / korea.com

class="blog_h2 entry-title"Hyun Bin says, “I feel like I have a long way to go”

20121114104205911.jpgActor Hyun Bin recently talked how he feels about being discharged from military service. Hyun Bin appeared at ‘The 23rd Marine Corps Band Annual Concert,’ which was held on November 14 at KBS in Seoul as an MC. Park Eun Ji, who emceed the concert with Hyun Bin, asked him how he feels about his upcoming discharge from military service. He answered, “I have around twenty days left. I will be discharged in December but I feel like I have a long way to go before December.” Park jokingly said, “Since it’s fall, there are many fallen leaves on the street. I hope you take care of yourself and avoid those fallen leaves.” Hyun Bin made people laugh by answering, “I don’t know if my successors are here or not but I think they will sweep them up.” Hyun Bin will be discharged from military service on December 6. Then he will work with a new agency named O & Entertainment.

class="at_ttl ml10"Hyun Bin Opens Up About His Discharge From The Marines

image.jpg?w=600

On November 14, Hyun Bin hosted the 23rd Marine Corps Music Concert at the KBS Hall.  

During the event he shared how he feels about his upcoming discharge from The Marines. He said "I still have about 20 days left. It's still a long time for December to come." His co-host commented "It's the fall, there is a lot of leaves falling"  to which Hyun Bin responded "There are new soldiers, they are probably picking them up." cracking up a joke.  

People are really excited about his upcoming discharge due to his high popularity. Netizen commented "It's good to hear that he will be discharged soon." "I can't wait to see him in a new drama" and "Wow. It's already time?" 

Hyun Bin entered  the army on March 7, 2011, with thousands of fans to say goodbye at the Marines Corp training base. He will be discharge on December 6.

© 2012 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

Yeorobun annyeong,
An interesting news about Hyun Bin and SeGa casting.  I do realise some of Hyun Bin's fans werent keen on Kim Joo Won character in SeGa but it broke the mold and became phenomenon in the Kdramaland.  Anyhow, thought you all might be interested in this written article.
For full article please visit:vaultofdoom.files.wordpress.comuntitled-17.png

Guest musings

I am looking forward to Hyun Bin's military discharge, he is a very good actor.    This thread has been so quiet during his military service, I have always been a quiet visitor until....

From the postings of The_Joker and orange_glitters it makes me confused, I thought Jang Hyuk was the original choice for the role of Kim Joo Won and thus am surprised about this statement "Take Secret Garden, for instance. The show faced a few headaches at the beginning because Japan didn’t want Hyun Bin, for two very simple reasons: 1) he wasn’t as big a Hallyu star as other names they suggested, and perhaps more importantly, 2) his mandatory military service was looming around the corner, meaning he couldn’t participate in the show’s promotion. It took some string-pulling from writer Kim Eun-Sook to get him the part, but this just shows you what kind of external forces drama producers have to cope with just to get a project done. "   I am not sure how correct is this statement (doubt) seeing that HB's participation was on an urgent basis and he was busy filming 2 films when first casting was conducted (all over the news).

I hope I can post this extracted from the secret garden thread, credit starcandii,

The Four Actors of 'Secret Garden' According to Kim Eun Sook

SBS TV 'Secret Garden,' which will end on the 16th, created a HB & HJW syndrome and upgraded YSH & KSR's acting skills up to a new level.

Awaiting the end, on the 15th, SG's Writer Kim Eun Sook shared her stories of the how the four actors got casted and gave her opinion on their acting.

HJW, the first to be casted out of the four, agreed before knowing even what GRI's job would be, as soon as she heard the drama will include the concept of soul switching.

Writer Kim said "I've always wanted to work with HJW. I sent her a love-call when all I had decided was that the drama would be a melo-fantasy drama about soul switching between the male&female leads, and I was really thankful when she agreed without complaining," and "After, when I told her GRI's occupation was decided to be a stuntwoman, she immediately said 'Okay/I like it' (좋아요)."

She then said "There is no other actress who'd work so hard. Her physical strength is amazing, and everyone was suprised (lit. 혀를 내둘렀다; "rolled everyone's tongues") when she didn't spare her body [in the action scenes] even though she is an actress. Even though she's a star, she's an amazing actress who does everything diligently," and complimented "Even if we get a one hour break in a sleepless tight schedule, HJW washes up for 30 minutes and excercises for 30 minutes. How can you not adore an actress who does not sleep because she doesn't want her face to be swollen [when filming starts again] and instead comes back from jump roping for 30 minutes?"

Jang Hyuk was originally casted as the role of KJW. However, he dropped out due to problems with the contract, so the SG staff urgently sent HB a love call.

Writer Kim said "I sent HB a love call to see if he wanted to particpate in one more project before his military enlistment, and I was happy to hear him reply that he enjoyed reading the script and that he will take the role."

HB has a past experience in working with Writer Kim in the 2005 movie "A Millionaire's First Love." Writer Kim said "I only met him once back then, and when I met him again for the first time in years, he transformed from a boy (소년) to a man," and "I was really suprised when I saw watched episodes 1-4 in the editing room. HB portrayed the KJW that I imagined perfectly."

Writer Kim said, "In the drama's first meeting, HB was so taciturn that I thought he had no boldness (숫기). Normally, actors would be busy trying to converse with the writer, but HB had nothing to say," and added "But once I saw him filming, KJW fit him really well."

The writer's meeting with YSH was comedic/humorous right from the beginning. He was suitable for the role of the honest & happy Oska.

"I felt comfortable, as if I reunited with a friend of 30 years, during my first meet with YSH. Normally during first meetings, the actors and I are really cautious and feign innocence/hide our true selves(?) ("내숭 떤다"), but there was nothing like that with YSH. (laugh) There is a unique/specific atmosphere for every actor, but I got most of my inspiration for Oska's role from YSH. YSH was already up to the main lead level, but he was really greedy with playing a role of a singer. He told me he has always wanted to play a role like that and it didn't matter whether or not he was a main lead so I casted him immediately, and he played Oska really well."

Writer Kim's casting of KSR as YS was unexpected even for the writer herself(?) ("윤슬 역의 김사랑은 그가 가진 의외성에 캐스팅을 했다.")

"The first meeting was really surprising. I thought she would be prude, but she's talkative, cute, lovable, and sociable/easy-going ("털털하다"). I really liked her because such a pretty person was good-humored/openhearted. Honestly, Seul's exaggerated over-acting in the beggining of the drama did not fit KSR, but towards the middle and on, her touching/piteous (애련한) acting (for Seul) was done really well. Her touching/piteous facial expressions came was so well done that it gave a nice effect to the (scene's) atmosphere."

© Naver News
source:
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=001&aid=0004869079

musings said:

HB has a past experience in working with Writer Kim in the 2005 movie "A Millionaire's First Love." Writer Kim said "I only met him once back then, and when I met him again for the first time in years, he transformed from a boy (소년) to a man," and "I was really suprised when I saw watched episodes 1-4 in the editing room. HB portrayed the KJW that I imagined perfectly."

Writer Kim said, "In the drama's first meeting, HB was so taciturn that I thought he had no boldness (숫기). Normally, actors would be busy trying to converse with the writer, but HB had nothing to say," and added "But once I saw him filming, KJW fit him really well."

Guest musings

@ Elizabeth, yes in fact he's 100% man now   :))    The Laneige Homme print ad had won the Advertising Awards 2012 Sports Donga.  Not too bad for an absentee spokemodel

credit: The Dong-a Ilbo news

2012 스포츠동아 광고대상] 자기관리하는 남자가 진짜남자 어필

51001115.11.jpg

I do hope this thread liven up, it would be very exciting to see more news.

I think Hyun Bin's first comeback project would be .... Laneige Homme CF.  Anyone agree? 

:-h

IIII"mmmmm back (sounds spooky...the left over of Halloween)  :))
@orange_glitters - thanks for coming to the rescue.  And, ah huh! Those investors sure learn their lesson well...dont count your chicks before the eggs hatch. :))

musings

said:

I am looking forward to Hyun Bin's military discharge, he is a very good actor.    This thread has been so quiet during his military service, I have always been a quiet visitor until....

From the postings of The_Joker and orange_glitters it makes me confused, I thought Jang Hyuk was the original choice for the role of Kim Joo Won and thus am surprised about this statement "Take Secret Garden, for instance. T

It took some string-pulling from writer Kim Eun-Sook to get him the part, 

musings said:

@ Elizabeth, yes in fact he's 100% man now   :))    The Laneige Homme print ad had won the Advertising Awards 2012 Sports Donga.  Not too bad for an absentee spokemodel

credit: The Dong-a Ilbo news

2012 스포츠동아 광고대상] 자기관리하는 남자가 진짜남자 어필

I do hope this thread liven up, it would be very exciting to see more news.

I think Hyun Bin's first comeback project would be .... Laneige Homme CF.  Anyone agree? 

:-h

Guest musings

@willenette Don't we all wish him well :)

@The_Joker  :)) Yes, one less lurker.  Hmm.. I wonder where are most of them fans that made this thread so lively, please come back.

Now, back to our little discussion.... The part where that blogger wrote that the writer, Ms Kim, had to pull all strings to get HB the part is ridiculous, Jang Hyuk was the first confirmed casting.  I mean if she had pulled strings he would already have gotten cast in the first place.   I think this blogger just pulled SG as an example since it was a phenomenal success, even making comparisons on popularity (come on, HB has his own fan base in Japan) and bring up his impending military service.  All dramas have advertisements placements so that is nothing new, Japanese investors big say on this issue? I don't know but SBS hub was selling everything.  So unless those investors had some share in SBS yeah I will believe.  There are tons of dramas filmed in South Korea every year so casting cannot all be based on popularity in Japan alone?    IMO :))  Ms Kim had to pull strings to get HB to do the project even making love call to HB when JH pulled out as can be seen by what she said in her interview.  It is not even sure HB will take the role when he received the script "a few days ago" per the dramabeans reporting.  As we all know, HB does not often do rom-com genre, prior to SG only MNIKSS.   

Ha ha.. I don't think HB was the first choice for Ms Kim but he proved her wrong. Writer Kim said, "In the drama's first meeting, HB was so taciturn that I thought he had no boldness (숫기). Normally, actors would be busy trying to converse with the writer, but HB had nothing to say," and added "But once I saw him filming, KJW fit him really well." 

He was very good in his role in SG, I was amazed.  I am glad he got so much love from SG but my favorite dramas of him is MNIKSS, SQ, FOL and WW.  All his movies I like.

musings said:

@willenette Don't we all wish him well :)

@The_Joker  :)) Yes, one less lurker.  Hmm.. I wonder where are most of them fans that made this thread so lively, please come back.

Now, back to our little discussion.... The part where that blogger wrote that the writer, Ms Kim, had to pull all strings to get HB the part is ridiculous, Jang Hyuk was the first confirmed casting.  I mean if she had pulled strings he would already have gotten cast in the first place.   I think this blogger just pulled SG as an example since it was a phenomenal success, even making comparisons on popularity (come on, HB has his own fan base in Japan) and bring up his impending military service.  All dramas have advertisements placements so that is nothing new, Japanese investors big say on this issue? I don't know but SBS hub was selling everything.  So unless those investors had some share in SBS yeah I will believe.  There are tons of dramas filmed in South Korea every year so casting cannot all be based on popularity in Japan alone?    IMO :))  Ms Kim had to pull strings to get HB to do the project even making love call to HB when JH pulled out as can be seen by what she said in her interview.  It is not even sure HB will take the role when he received the script "a few days ago" per the dramabeans reporting.  As we all know, HB does not often do rom-com genre, prior to SG only MNIKSS.   

Ha ha.. I don't think HB was the first choice for Ms Kim but he proved her wrong. Writer Kim said, "In the drama's first meeting, HB was so taciturn that I thought he had no boldness (숫기). Normally, actors would be busy trying to converse with the writer, but HB had nothing to say," and added "But once I saw him filming, KJW fit him really well." 

He was very good in his role in SG, I was amazed.  I am glad he got so much love from SG but my favorite dramas of him is MNIKSS, SQ, FOL and WW.  All his movies I like.

I have a hard time believing S.Korea would let Japan control their creativity like that when it comes to their awesome dramas so i dont really want to believe that article plus Binnie is so popular in Korea, he has been since MNIKSS, he really doesn't need to prove himself anymore especially when it comes to romantic comedies and i think the writer Kim forgot that when she doubted him at first for the whole of Kim Joo won, because he played the perfect arrogant CEO then but i think she was referring to the crazy side of Joo won because let's be honest, Joo won was pretty crazy, especially in the beginning of the drama LOL maybe she thought he wouldn't be able to play him that neurotic and weird, which HB did SO WELL, i dont think any actor would have pulled it off like that, he even surprised me a long time fan lol.  When he comes back, i want a more serious/dark role for him though, i would like a melodrama or a action movie. He should not take on another romantic comedy because he would be trapped into the same kind of roles for a while after the success of SG, other writers will try to get him to play other characters like Joo won but he shouldn't do it for now, Joo won is pretty special and he should move on from it for a little while in my opinion.

I don't think either 1st choice or 2nd choice for Sega is a big deal, the main thing is he made the drama successful and well loved. That's said,  i think JH was the 1st choice for SEGA, long time before Binnie was in the picture, but then it was the history, and it doesn't matter if JH was the 1st choice, it was Binnie whom was the lead in the end and he made it huge.

Only 13 days left, miss him dearly and I think i need to rerun FOL.
15259_366614590096517_1797500448_n.jpg