Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

In the Secre Garden with Hyun Bin facebook...latest news showed pix of Hyun Bin in a bus with his bodyguard.  He was said to get onto every bus to personally greet and wish thanks to his fans.  I cant open fb in the office but do check it out :)
How sweet was that?

Guest nessignacio

Welcome back Hyun Bin ssi, It feels good and happy seeing all this post, though I wasn't personally there to witness his release from the military service. I couldn't help but to cry reading all this article especially seeing him crying......Hope he could do new drama the soonest.  

ღ  WELCOME BACK HYUN BIN  ღ

I am so happy to see him again and his beautiful smile, i have missed him a lot. What a great and emotional day, it's sad

to see him cry. Waiting for his comeback on screen. Thank you Binnies for all the pictures.:)

Guest nessignacio

ria19 said:

thanks for all the updates and pics!! he looks handsome and fit as ever!

WELCOME BACK HYUN BIN!   :)

Hyun Bin says, “I wanted to act so much”

December 06, 2012 12:30 pm eternalc2h

2012120609582533551_2.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin shed tears talking about his strong desire to act.

On December 6, Hyun Bin was discharged from the military service. He reported his discharge in a loud voice and talked about his thoughts.

Hyun Bin said, “I really appreciate all the fans and the reporters for coming to see me in spite of the snowy weather. 21 months ago, I promised that I would come out as a stronger person. I think I’ve kept that promise because I feel that I’ve become stronger and more confident, serving in the Marine Corps. I was really thankful for your support and interest before I started doing my military service. Many people have supported and encouraged me even during the military service.”

Hyun Bin also shed tears saying, “I wanted to act so much.” He made his fans sad and worried by not being able to speak for a while.

He said, “I thought so when I was watching other actors acting when I was on furlough because I couldn’t be part of it. I can now, so I want to prepare a lot before I actually start acting again. I’ve saved all the energy I’ve received from you, and I’ll return it to you soon.”

Hyun Bin joined the Marine Corps. on March 7 in 2011 and did his military service for 21 months. He received a lot of attention by voluntarily joining the Marine Corps. instead of the army at the time.

Hyun Bin said hello to his fans and gave an interview to some reporters for ten minutes and left the place to spend time with his family.

2012120609582533551_1.jpg

source:starnews via korea.com

***Welcome back, HyunBin! Wow, it’s been quite long.:)]

class="content-title"Hyun Bin Discharged! Actor Sheds Tears as He Talks about Acting!

Hyun Bin Discharged! Actor Sheds Tears as He Talks about Acting!

Earlier this morning, Hyun Bin was finally discharged from his mandatory military duties. Despite the bone-chilling weather, hundreds of fans flocked to Hwaseung, Kyeonggido, where the headquarters of the Republic of Korea Marine Corps was located, to meet and greet with the actor.Hyun Bin started, “Despite the snow and harsh weather conditions, thank you to all the fans and press who came here today. 21 months ago, I promised everyone that I would return even stronger, and it looks like I fulfilled that promise. I believe I have gotten stronger, and it looks like I was able to greet everyone proudly.”

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.51.33-AM1.p

Hyun Bin started, “Despite the snow and harsh weather conditions, thank you to all the fans and press who came here today. 21 months ago, I promised everyone that I would return even stronger, and it looks like I fulfilled that promise. I believe I have gotten stronger, and it looks like I was able to greet everyone proudly.”

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.51.48-AM1.p

Hyun Bin continued, “Before my enlistment, I was able to begin my military life with a happy heart because of all the support and attention everyone gave me. Because of the continued support during my enlistment, I was able to finish healthy.”

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.50.14-AM1.p

He showed tears as he stated, “I really wanted to act.” He continued, “When I couldn’t act when I was on vacation, I visited my hoobaes [juniors] who were acting and would watch them, and then I realized it. However, now that the time for me to act again as come, I want to prepare well and show everyone what I wanted to do so much.” He concluded, “I’ve stored a lot of energy during my enlistment, and now I want to return all this energy to you.”

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.51.26-AM.pn

Hyun Bin enlisted on March 7, 2011.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.51.18-AM.pn

Hyun Bin expresses his gratitude with a bow.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.50.57-AM.pn

Hyun Bin tries to hold his tears back.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.51.07-AM.pn

A large crowd of reporters and fans surrounds Hyun Bin.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.50.51-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.52.01-AM.pn

Hyun Bin gives his final salute before he leaves.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.51.54-AM.pn

A wave of emotions hits Hyun Bin.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.57.41-AM.pn

Fans gathered at the Marine Corps HQ to be the first to greet Hyun Bin.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.57.49-AM.pn
Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.57.58-AM.pn
Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.58.11-AM.pn
Screen-Shot-2012-12-06-at-11.58.21-AM.pn

credit : soompi news

hyun_bin_military_discharge_cry_121206_4

Actor Hyun Bin thanked sunbae Jang Dong Gun and girl group Sistar.

Actor Hyun Bin’s military discharge ceremony took place at the Marine Corp headquarters at 10am on December 6th. The ceremony was crowded with the fans, the members of the press in Korea as well as from overseas.

The reporters asked Hyun Bin, “Is there an entertainer who you had spoken to the most while in the military?” and he answered, “I spoke to Jang Dong Gun sunbae the most.”

When Hyun Bin was asked about the picture with Sistar members which created a buzz recently, he answered, “I had attended a big event in the Marine Corp then. I asked Sistar for a picture and they obliged, no problem. I want to thank them again right now. It was a support while in the military. I will root for them going forward too” drawing the eyes.

Hyun Bin had started his military service on March 7th of 2011, joining the Marine Corp and has now been discharged after a 21 month service.

Image & Source: TV Daily via Nate

The_Joker said:

Actor Hyun Bin thanked sunbae Jang Dong Gun and girl group Sistar.

Actor Hyun Bin’s military discharge ceremony took place at the Marine Corp headquarters at 10am on December 6th. The ceremony was crowded with the fans, the members of the press in Korea as well as from overseas.

The reporters asked Hyun Bin, “Is there an entertainer who you had spoken to the most while in the military?” and he answered, “I spoke to Jang Dong Gun sunbae the most.”

When Hyun Bin was asked about the picture with Sistar members which created a buzz recently, he answered, “I had attended a big event in the Marine Corp then. I asked Sistar for a picture and they obliged, no problem. I want to thank them again right now. It was a support while in the military. I will root for them going forward too” drawing the eyes.

Hyun Bin had started his military service on March 7th of 2011, joining the Marine Corp and has now been discharged after a 21 month service.

Image & Source: TV Daily via Nate

***"MNIKSS" is really a good and fun drama. It has realness about it that you don't see in many K-dramas. It is hilarious yet realistic. Ahhh…just hearing these drama names make me want to watch it all over again. They are legendary!:)]

class="entry-title"Way Back Wednesday: K-dramas Part 2 (2001-2005)

Last week I started to take a look at my favorite Korean dramas from 1995-2000 and today we round out the list with my favorites from 2001-2005. I’m going to warn everyone up front that there are going to be some notable exclusions; a few big time dramas aren’t included. Basically, it all boils down to the fact that there are a few dramas out there that are popular but that I just didn’t enjoy. I also don’t include any historical dramas here either because those just aren’t my thing and I can only take so many guys grunting with weird facial hair and scowling expressions.

However, I will say that it was much harder to whittle down this list to just 5 compared to the previous one. The early 2000’s will probably be looked back upon as a renaissance for Korean dramas. This was the start of the Hallyu Wave with Korean pop culture being exported internationally and that’s reflected in the number of really good dramas that were produced during this period. It also marks new stories and plots with interesting twists and broadening the scope of what a Korean drama could be. But in the end, Korean studios know the formula of what works and why mess with that success?

(skipped unrelated...)

My Name is Kim Sam Soon (My Lovely Sam Soon) – 2005

I will round out the tribute to my favorite dramas of 2001-2005 with the one that I probably had the least expectations for, but ended up liking the most: ‘My Name is Kim Sam Soon’. It’s one of the most fun dramas I’ve seen, even though it followed the common plot of rich guy, poor girl, and rich, younger/prettier girl. But the way the drama went about it was, at least for me, unique. This was a girl that could have been me or any of my friends, because while her character was older than me at the time, the glow of college had worn off and now I was in the real world figuring out what I wanted to do. Kim Sam Soon, played to perfection by underrated actress Kim Sun Ah, is a down-on-her-luck baker. She’s getting older (and chubbier), she’s broke as a joke, and just got dumped by her boyfriend. She lives with her mom and sister, and needs to get out of the rut of life. Fortunately, she’s hired to work as a pastry chef for a restaurant owned by the younger but directionless Jin Heon played by a pre-megastar Hyun Bin. The two don’t like each other, but of course slowly fall in love. Throw in some competition for Hyun Bin’s heart from Jung Ryeo Won’s character, and an appearance by a then unknown Daniel Henney, and now you have yourselves some drama. By the way, it looks like the entire drama is on YouTube so check it out if you haven’t seen it or just want to relive the magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MvtK_jgCvLk

Many of you are probably saying, “Just hold your horses for a second, pal! Where’s ‘XYZ’ drama which is my favorite and also the best drama EVER?!” Like I said earlier, I had to leave off some well known dramas from my list. Plus, there were like 500 dramas made between the years of 1995-2005, and as big of a nerd as I am, even I didn’t have the time to watch every drama over that time period. Let me know which ones I missed, and maybe I’ll have to catch those in the future. Happy watching.

source : allkpop

Hyun Bin receives a citation for being an exemplary soldier

December 06, 2012 3:30 pm eternalc2h

2012120614054959353_1.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin received a citation for being an exemplary soldier.

On December 6, Hyun Bin was discharged from the 21-month military service. The headquarters Marine Corps awarded him a citation for being an exemplary soldier.

A spokesperson for Hyun Bin says, “Hyun Bin received a citation in this morning. There wasn’t a ceremony for that.”

Hyun Bin started his military service in March last year and was discharged today (December 6). About 1,000 fans and nearly 100 reporters came to see him being discharged. He shed tears while he was talking about his strong desire to act.

Hyun Bin will spend some time with his family for a while without any schedule.

Source: Starnews via korea.com

SISTAR thanks Hyun Bin: “We will always support you”
December 06, 2012 5:30 pm dkrogers

20121206155106335.jpg

Group SISTAR recently thanked actor Hyun Bin.

On December 6, SISTAR tweeted, “There is no way to meet you so we are leaving this note on Twitter. Hyun Bin! Congratulations on your discharge from military service. We can’t wait to see you on great works. We will always support you.”

SISTAR previously tweeted a picture that they took with Hyun Bin when they attended the Marine Band Concert in November and drew a lot of attention.

Hyun Bin had a discharge ceremony on December 6 and was asked how he feels about the picture receiving considerable attention.

He answered, “I volunteered to emcee the last big event prior to my discharge. I asked SISTAR to attend the concert to encourage the Marines and they accepted my offer happily and I want to thank them. They have been great help during my military service. I will support them after my discharge.”

Source: Xportsnews via korea.com

Guest jjsweeter0211

CELEBRITY NEWS
Hyun Bin returns from military service

by girlfriday | December 6, 2012 |

HyunBin41.jpg

Binnie’s back! I’ll give you a moment to properly savor it. Are we done squealing now? How ’bout now? Should I just take a coffee break and come back?

Upon his discharge from the marines on December 6, Hyun Bin (Secret Garden) greeted the press and fans with salutes and tears, announcing his happy return to civilian life, and more importantly, acting. I guess when it rains pretty-boys-back-from-army, it pours pretty-boys-back-from-army.

Though really, Hyun Bin has remained consistently in the news since entering basic training in March 2011, which has the (clearly intended) effect of feeling like he hasn’t been gone that long at all. It’s saying something that there’s just as much interest in his return as there was in his leaving — just look at that crazy wall of cameras, good grief.

Kind of amazing actually, what having a hit drama just before army duty can do if you’re managed well. There’s no news yet of a comeback project, so now’s the time to start your bets, wish lists, and prayer rituals.

Hyun Bin: The-Marines-Make-Army-Abs-Look-Like-Butter Watch begins… now.

HyunBin42.jpg HyunBin43.jpg

HyunBin46.jpg HyunBin44.jpg

HyunBin47.jpg HyunBin48.jpg

HyunBin40.jpg

HyunBin45.jpg

Via OsenStar News

Hello There!
Wow! This thread moves so fast... Thanks for your update girls. Binnie is the handsomest even when he cried. Can't wait to see him back to act. fighting!!!My BIG hug to Lyra, RoZzz, Musings, Willenette and all loonies and lurkers out there. Where's MisCha by the way? 
^^ You really make us happy Binnie oppa... image

Hyun Bin’s fans support 4.35 tons of rice to celebrate his return from the army

jq12ku73.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin has returned from the army. Korean and overseas fans are eager to support 4.35 tons of rice to celebrate the end of his 21 months in the military.

The Nanum Store stated that the donated rice helped 36,000 underfed and starving children to have a meal. The rice was scheduled to be given to charities through Hyun Bin’s discretion. Fans wrote, “I’ve been waiting for today only” and “The future that actor Hyun Bin dreams of” on the banners sent along with the donated rice. Their donations have received a lot of interest online.

source:ohKpop

[Photo] A Tear-filled Hyun Bin Returns to Civilian Life
2012-12-06 13:45 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Hea Jung Min | Nancy Lee

Actor Hyun Bin was relieved of his mandatory military duties at the Marine Corps Headquarters in Hwaseong on December 6, where he was met by droves of fans and members of the media.

78118595.jpg

Hyun Bin takes a deep bow as a sign of respect.

47746840.jpg

Hyun Bin gives a salute in his last moments as a soldier.

32454392.jpg

Tears well up in Hyun Bin′s eyes as he addresses the public.

16889749.jpg

Hyun Bin tries to hide his tears.

54785632.jpg

We can only imagine how overwhelming this day was for Hyun Bin.

80502862.jpg

The tears fall from the emotional actor′s face.

51253028.jpg

A smile finally spreads across Hyun Bin′s face.

93688948.jpg

Hyun Bin not only represents hallyu as an actor, he represents Korea as a citizen.

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min

source: enewsWorld

*** I'm so glad that he's back safe and sound.;))

December 7, 2012

Hyun Bin tears up after discharge

06204204.jpg

At long last, Hyun Bin was discharged from his mandatory military service yesterday.

Despite the mercury dipping below zero and piles of snow, fans and press flocked down to Hwaseong in Gyeonggi to welcome back their favorite star after his time out of the spotlight.

Well wishers were not disappointed as the entertainer who served for 22 months in the Marine Corps. thanked them, bowed and shed a few tears.

After thanking everyone for turning up, the 30-year-old heartthrob said, “Twenty-one months ago I promised I’d come back as a stronger person, and after my time in the Marine Corps, I think I can say that promise has been fulfilled.”

Hyun went on to thank the fans for their continuous support despite his absence.

Furthermore, he made it clear that he’d get right back into acting by saying how much he missed it.

“I really wanted to act,” said Hyun as his eyes welled up. I promise to repay the love and support by becoming a better actor.”

By Carla Sunwoo

credit : JoongAngDaily

Guest musings

안녕하세요  everybody

:-h The_Joker, jjsweeter, gaye, willenette and ria19 ...  thank you so much for all the updated news.  I think during the TVN live broadcast of his discharge he also mentioned his thanks to his fellow marines both seniors and juniors and that he missed his parents the most.  

Here are some more photos of his bus visits, lucky fans there. What a great gesture from our HB that he didn't just leave after the press con / speech.  Instead to the great surprise of fans he went to all 15 buses to convey his gratitude and thanks to them.

20121207_0944151116423_0.jpg?t=135484503 

1152145wwe.jpg?t=1354845058

115415eett.jpg?t=1354845049 

2215458441.jpg?t=1354845029 

45845.jpg?t=1354845024 

1215241541.jpg?t=1354845045 

He didn't forget to thank the bodyguards as well.

hhlkjj21452.jpg?t=1354845018

credit : source

thanks for all the updates and pics!!  :D

Hyun Bin spends time with his family after his discharge

December 07, 2012 12:30 pm eternalc2h

2012120710185027340_1.jpg

Many people wondered what Hyun Bin did on the first day after his discharge from the military service.

On December 7, a spokesperson for Hyun Bin said Hyun Bin went to his parents’ house immediately after his discharge on December 6 and said hello to his parents. He spent some time with his parents and had a party with people from his agency in the evening.

At the party, prepared by Hyun Bin’s agency, many people who have worked with Hyun Bin attended and celebrated his discharge.

The spokesperson also said, “It was a party to celebrate Hyun Bin’s discharge and to encourage him. Many people who have worked with him for a long time attended the party. They had a great time together.”

Hyun Bin was discharged from the military service on December 6. It’s been 21 months since he started his military service in March, 2011.

Despite the snow and the cold weather, around a thousand fans and a hundred reporters went to the headquarters Marine Corps to see Hyun Bin.

In a loud voice, Hyun Bin said hello and thank you to the fans and the reporters. He seemed deeply touched and even shed tears when he said he wanted to act so much. He said, “I now can start acting again, and I will show my appreciation for your support by fully preparing for my projects.”

Hyun Bin also visited all buses where his fans were on board and said thank you to them. A spokesperson for Hyun Bin said, “Hyun Bin wanted to say thank you to his fans personally because he knew that they had a hard time coming to see him.”

Source: Starnews via korea.com

Guest orange_glitters

Hyun Bin is Back, and Stronger

By Jaeyeon Woo

OB-VO958_hyunbi_E_20121206003528.jpg
AP
Hyun Bin waves to his fans during his visit to the Indonesian Marine base in Jakart on Oct. 6, 2011.

A South Korean heartthrob who raises the pulse rate of so many women around Asia is back.

Actor Hyun Bin was discharged from the Marines on Thursday morning after fulfilling his 21-month of mandatory military service, an event considered so big that it was broadcast live on several national TV networks.

The headquarters of the Marines Corps in Hwasung was packed with more than 500 fans from around Asia to welcome him. They had been conveyed there on buses that were arranged by the star’s management company. Blisteringly cold temperature,  – 7 Celsius or 19 Fahrenheit following Wednesdays’ big snowfall didn’t discourage the fans.

At 10 a.m., Hyun Bin went on a stage to greet the screaming fans. He took his hat off, dropped to his knees and bowed his head to the ground, just like he did when he enrolled in March last year.

“I really appreciate your unwavering love…..Twenty-one month ago, I promised to come back with stronger. I think I kept the promise. I have became stronger and more confident,” he said.

Then he got emotional and teary as he said “I really missed acting,” and tears dropped on this cheeks. He couldn’t get his words out for a while.

The 30-year-old became a huge sensation in late 2010 with SBS-TV’s “Secret Garden” drama, in which he portrayed a billionaire businessman who falls in love with a poor stuntwoman. Viewer ratings for the 20-episode drama topped 35%, considered huge given a sea of similar romantic dramas.

His movie “Late Autumn” with Chinese actress Tang Wei, out just one month before he enrolled in the military, became a huge hit in China, with more than 60 million moviegoers.

OB-VO957_hyunbi_E_20121206003320.jpg
Courtesy Hyun Bin’s official website

Businesses are busy with the return of the huge celebrity. Samsung Electronics Co. starting today will distribute a 3-D version of “Secret Garden” as a download for its Samsung Smart TVs in South Korea. It will draw out the experience by providing a new episode every two weeks.

The actor endorsed Samsung’s Smart TVs last year and commercials with him were on air in South Korea while he was in the Marines . According to local media, he is in talks with more than 10 businesses for commercial endorsements.

Credit: http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2012/12/06/hyun-bin-is-back-and-stronger/?mod=WSJBlog