Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Guest orange_glitters

Credits to: Secret Garden Korean Drama 시크릿 가든 facebook page:

장동건 “12월제대 현빈, 몸좋아지고 더 멋있어졌다”(인터뷰)
http://news.nate.com/view/20121002n15830?mid=e0100
Jang Dong Gun, "Hyun Bin looks healthier and more amazing"

During Jang Dong Gun's interview with Newsend, Jang Dong Gun has seen Hyun Bin constantly who 

will discharge on December.

"Actually I have seen Hyun Bin more than my close friends. I met my friends very often before I married getting along together, but I haven't met them because they were also busy with their projects. That's why I have met Hyun Bin more."

"While I was abroad, we talked to each other over the telephone to say hello. Hyun Bin looks more amazing and healthier than before now.

I look forward to his acting career after his discharge. I think that he will work harder since there aren't not much time left to finish his military duty. 

We should not say to Hyun Bin that he looks like he discharges from the military fast because that is the worst words to say to whom is serving in the military."

orange_glitters said: Credits to: Secret Garden Korean Drama 시크릿 가든 facebook page:

장동건 “12월제대 현빈, 몸좋아지고 더 멋있어졌다”(인터뷰)
http://news.nate.com/view/20121002n15830?mid=e0100
Jang Dong Gun, "Hyun Bin looks healthier and more amazing"

During Jang Dong Gun's interview with Newsend, Jang Dong Gun has seen Hyun Bin constantly who 

will discharge on December.

"Actually I have seen Hyun Bin more than my close friends. I met my friends very often before I married getting along together, but I haven't met them because they were also busy with their projects. That's why I have met Hyun Bin more."

"While I was abroad, we talked to each other over the telephone to say hello. Hyun Bin looks more amazing and healthier than before now.

I look forward to his acting career after his discharge. I think that he will work harder since there aren't not much time left to finish his military duty. 

We should not say to Hyun Bin that he looks like he discharges from the military fast because that is the worst words to say to whom is serving in the military."

***For me, maybe because in Korea, male artist are crowd-drawers compared to female artist. And I know South Korea is the male cosmetics capital of the world. South Korean men buy more makeup products and wear more makeup products than any other male in the world. And yes, male artists have thousands & thousands of female fans so, it makes sense. Some companies take advantage of the male idol's popularity.  It's more of a marketing strategy. But, male models mostly model for face creams since they use them a lot too & not for lipsticks, eyeshadows and stuff like that. I'm a female & seriously, I would want to buy it because the product is geared towards female and a female is endorsing it. I mean, it's nice and all to see a handsome guy on the packaging but that's NOT why I want to buy the product but instead because I'm keeping it for souvenirs - hehehe. :)]

class="entry-title"Why are male stars the models for female cosmetics?

20121003_malecosmeticsmodels.jpg

In the past, beautiful female celebrities advertised cosmetics and naturally, sales were boosted. However, over the past few years, male stars have began flaunting their flawless complexions in cosmetic advertisements.

The streets of Myeongdong in Seoul are lined with numerous cosmetics stores. In front of each of these stores are life-size cardboard cutouts of the stars and if you look carefully, you’ll notice that most of them are male. It appears they chose the models appropriately as female fans wander from store to store in order to purchase face masks which feature the face of their favorite stars.

When former soccer star Ahn Jung Hwan, actors Ahn Jae Won and Hyun Bin began modeling for cosmetic brands it came as a big shock in the cosmetic industry because makeup models were exclusively female. Being a model for cosmetics used to be a good gauge in determining the popularity of a female star. But times have changed and the door has opened wide for male stars to enter into the cosmetics advertising industry.

Today, the majority of the male cosmetic models are singers, more specifically, idol stars. The more female fans you have as a male idol, the higher chance you have in being an advertisement model. Also, the brands that they represent are not high-end brands but rather “pharmacy”-like brands.

These male idol models include Kim Hyun Joong (The Face Shop), 2PM‘s Nichkhun (It’s Skin), TVXQ (Missha), Rain (Nature Republic), CNBLUE (Holika Holika/Olive Young), Lee Seung Gi (The Saem), JYJ (Tony Moly/Nature Republic) and F.T. Island (Baviphat). These are but a few of the male singers who are modeling or have modeled for cosmetics in the past. As for actors, Kim Soo Hyun (Beyond), Song Joong Ki (Tony Moly), Won Bin (The Shop), Jang Geun Suk (Nature Republic), and Jung Il Woo (Holika Holika) are some of the names who have participated as cosmetic models.

The strategy for using male stars as marketing for women’s products has been highly successful. For instance, when actor So Ji Sub began modeling for the undergarment brand Vivien, requests for posters and calendars came flooding which in turn led to an increase in sales. Eventually, So Ji Sub’s contract was extended for one more year.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, female stars have been modeling for primarily male market products as well. Before, it was only male stars advertising alcoholic beverages, but today, it’s hard to see a male star advertising soju. Pushing the idea of “women you would like to have a drink with“, female stars including Moon Chae Won, SECRET, Shin Se Kyung, Lee Hyori, and Han Ga In are seen on various soju posters and print advertisement in every Korean eatery.

source : allkpop

Guest hyunbinoppax3

Hello guys ~ Back with this photo ! HUGGGGGGS ~ 
@orange_glitters , i love the military photos ! So handsome ! :D
302640_372923402781940_2060428211_n.jpg
일본 현빈 더스페이스에 올라온 10월 캘랜더. 출처는 바이두.
Hyun Bin's wallpaper calendar for October on Japan The Space Hyun Bin official fan club.
source: Baidu :x :x

class="content-title" Double Take: Celebrity Doppelgängers hotshotlover30 October 9, 2012

Did Seohyun jump into acting?
Did Song Joong Ki join a boy band?
Did Yoo Jae Suk’s mother lose a son at birth?
Do drama’s birth secrets really exist?
These are just some of many questions that’ll pop into your mind as soon as you take a look at these photos!
Scroll through the gallery to see if you agree that these stars resemble one another!

SEE MORE: Celebrity Siblings? Guess Again (more celeb look-a-likes ft. Daesung, T.O.P.,  Jessica, Heechul, Nichkhun, and many more!)

Screen-Shot-2012-10-09-at-2.56.17-PM.png
Infinite’s Woo Hyun and Hyun Bin

LINK to view more photos : http://www.soompi.com/2012/10/09/double-take-celebrity-doppelgangers/

credit : soompi news

class="articletitle"Stars Jang Dong Gun, T.O.P, Minho, 'ID Pictures Beautiful Without any Editing'

36823-stars-jang-dong-gun-t-o-p-minho-an

Stars even light up in their ID pictures.

An online community recently uploaded a post with the title, 'Celebrities ID pictures that look like a magazine shoot', along with several celebrities ID pictures.

The pictures revealed actress Kim Tae Hee's driver's license, Han Ga In's identification card, Jang Dong Gun, Kang Dong Won, Hyun Bin, Won Bin, Jo In Sung, Big Bang T.O.P, Kim Soo Hyun, IU, Jessica of Girls' Generation and Minho of SHINee's past identification pictures.

The photos generally seem to be taken before their debut, however, none seemed to show any humiliation and rather showed off their superior genes. In particular, actress Han Ga In's identification card drew a lot of attention as it boasted distinct clear-cut features.

Internet users commented, "Remarkable", "They all look nice and pretty" and "You must look like this to become a celebrity."

source : kpopstarz

He's been working really hard in the army.. I hope that when he comes back he'll star in an drama right away have a really hot shower scene.. LOL!!!  I mean he's in the Marine Corps and he must be building some muscles.  Hyun Bin fighting!!  We'll be waiting for your comeback.

Yeorobun annyeong  :) .  How's everyone?  Mianhae for seldom posting in here.  However, great to see the regulars and newbies frequenting this thread.  Yippee!!!! Left 1 month 3 weeks (hehehe looks who's counting eh).
@elizabeth
Actually on Come Rain Come Shine the whole plot and characterization together with the sound track were discussed somewhere in the back pages of this thread.  Reference to your question.  The song used was from The Invisible Fish (a mono/one man band/indie singer).  There were 2 tracks from this indie singer was used in Come Rain Come Shine.  For the particular piece based on the above youtube @1.14 was Fallen (I've posted below the youtube link) since I dont know how to link youtube vid like how you did above.  Hope that helps ;) and enjoy.

@The_Joker, thanks for the link.  I love indie music and I never heard of them before but I did checked a few songs from them and I actually like a few.  Thanks for the help.  Missing Hyun Bin that's why I'm rewatching the movie.  I love your signature gif btw :)

class="content-title" Lee Jae Hoon to Enlist Tomorrow – Kang Dong Won and Hyun Bin to Return This Year thunderstix October 24, 2012

Lee Jae Hoon is leaving us for military service tomorrow, but don’t worry, because Hyun Bin and Kang Dong Won will make their comebacks later this year!

As reported before, actor Lee Jae Hoon is expected to start his Korean military service tomorrow, October 25. He will be stationed at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency and serve as a police officer for 21 months.

In this year alone, Lee Jae Hoon has been busy with movies “Architecture 101” and “Ghost Sweepers,” as well as the SBS drama “Fashion King.” He’s also currently working on two upcoming films, “Ethics of Anger” and “I Am Paparoti,” which means we’ll be able to see him through the big screen even after his enlistment.

Meanwhile, as we bid farewell to Lee Jae Hoon for 21 months, two prominent actors will wrap up their military services and comeback to the acting scene. Kang Dong Won, who’s largely remained quiet during his enlistment, is scheduled to come back on November 12. Hyun Bin, who left his fans at the peak of his career in 2010 after SBS “Secret Garden,” is slated for return on December 6. Hyun Bin, however, has been pretty active in the military and often made public appearances as part of the Army PR Team.

It’s reported that Hyun Bin and his agency has already been receiving calls from movie producers with potential roles. Kang Dong Won, as well, was one of the top TV models prior to joining the army, and is being approached by a number of different advertisers, according to local reports.

We hate to see Lee Jae Hoon leave the fans, but at the same time, we’re glad that he’s taking care of the military service early in his career. We hope to see him back healthy 21 months later!

credit : soompi news

Guest orange_glitters

willenette said:

It’s reported that Hyun Bin and his agency has already been receiving calls from movie producers with potential roles. Kang Dong Won, as well, was one of the top TV models prior to joining the army, and is being approached by a number of different advertisers, according to local reports.