[Drama 2012] Take Care of Us, Captain 부탁해요, 캡틴

Admin

Why are they dragging it out for soo long??? I thought they should have done the reveal at the latest in this episode, and maybe in the previous. I felt like in the last 2 episodes, they didn't even really build up CK and DJ's relationship much more so it's a little bit waste - the time. With only 4 more episodes, I am seeing time jump at the end somewhere?? I have to see this ep with subs to really comment... but I can't hide my disappointment as I had so much hope that this one would really be different from other dramas.. but it seems to be falling off the deep end and fast towards to end. :( I hope they have a lot of surprises for me... the leads are just really wonderful actors - and please drama gods.. you made the ghs/jjh pairing happen... please give us a good and decent ending.

Fighting PCAP - even though ratings is just a number to most fans, it still must be hard for the cast & crew to see it drop weekly :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ilikehimverymuch

DJ will break up with CK and they will come back together 7 years later..when CK is so much older and old-looking....if it's gonna happen like CK previous relationship...Man I think because of love, anything can happened...Yeah, finally, CK wants to tell her...I've been waiting for this for so long....I've been hating CK because he doesn't want to tell the truth...Maybe what DJ said when they saw the movie makes him realizes, how much DJ hates a man who is lying?????

Can't wait for the subs and next week's episodes...

Will someone recommend another website that carries PCAP with English sub, please? Or is it only Viki that carries it. It seems that they have put the subbing on hold for this drama. I usually watch Korean dramas in DramaFever - I'm a premium member - I pay an annual fee to access this site but it does not carry PCAP. I have made my request to them already. I really don't mind as I have fallen in love with K-Dramas... well mostly those that starred Ku Hye Sun. I'm an American - West Coast (friends/family consider me weird for watching K-dramas; I constantly get terased about it!) and thus, I'm so dependent on the English subbing. Your help is greatly appreciated. It's a bit difficult (atually, a lot!) to watch PCAP without the subtitles. One of these days (especially if my fascination continues) I might just take up Korean lessons. Thank you so much!

Will someone recommend another website that carries PCAP with English sub, please?  Or is it only Viki that carries it.   It seems that they have put the subbing on hold for this drama.  I usually watch Korean dramas in DramaFever - I'm a premium member - I pay an annual fee to access this site but it does not carry PCAP.   I have made my request to them already.   I really don't mind as I have fallen in love with K-Dramas... well mostly those that starred Ku Hye Sun.  I'm an American - West Coast (friends/family consider me weird for watching K-dramas; I constantly get terased about it!) and thus, I'm so dependent on the English subbing.  Your help is greatly appreciated.   It's a bit difficult (atually, a lot!) to watch PCAP without the subtitles.  One of these days (especially if my fascination continues) I might just take up Korean lessons.  Thank you so much!

I am mad with the people who were demanding and rude to the volunteer subbers who very kindly take time off their busy lives to sub for us. Don't know when the subbers will come back. Sigh.

The subs are quite slow as well. I haven't seen episode 14 subbed yet at any of the sites . Keep trying them. Anybody else have other suggestions?

http://www.kimchidramas.net/2011/12/take-care-of-us-captain.html

http://www.krdrama.org/take-care-us-captain

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/take-care-of-us-captain/

I am mad with the people who were demanding and rude to the volunteer subbers who very kindly take time off their busy lives to sub for us. Don't know when the subbers will come back. Sigh.

The subs are quite slow as well. I haven't seen episode 14 subbed yet at any of the sites . Keep trying them. Anybody else have other suggestions?

http://www.kimchidramas.net/2011/12/take-care-of-us-captain.html

http://www.krdrama.org/take-care-us-captain

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/take-care-of-us-captain/

Although they are not yet complete or completely edited, DarkSmurf is working on our series currently. Those who have already downloaded the torrent can run it along with the subs provided here:

http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3635-take-care-of-us-captain-2012/

http://www.kimchidra...us-captain.html

http://www.krdrama.o...care-us-captain

http://www.dramacraz...-of-us-captain/

Viki was 96% subbed on episode 14. But I think this drama's moderator /translator went on vacation and is having internet connection issues, so the subs are especially slow now.  I think that it is worse in light of how fast other shows, specifically Wild Romance, History of Salary Man and Moon Embracing the Sun, are subbed.  Even dramafever is doing a 24 hour turnaround for both Shut Up Flower Boy Band and Korean Peninsula.

hello, just dropped by to say something. so i love this show and all but what is it about them showing turkey like that? i am turkish and we wear no hat like that. we are muslim but if you go out on streets it is just like any other europian country. we are no arabic. We dont cover every part of our bodies and pray 24/7 or anything. i wished the pd or scenarist had just visited turkey once before showing it like that. it is hilarious but bothersome.

edit: and i love how they mentioned Van. well i personally think that, that whole matter is a little bit overrated. since turkey has more serious problems right now, like young innocent people killed by terrorists living especially in Van and other cities, or being supported by them. but yeah it is just politics and meaningless to talk about in here.

but i like the realistic stories and this show disappointed me in a way. 

"Take Care Of Us, Captain" Koo Hye-seon tells Ji Jin-hee "I want to know your past"

photo224048.jpg

Han Da-jin (Koo Hye-seon) asked about Kim Yoon-seong's (Ji Jin-hee) past.

She was curious about his past in the middle of their lunch on the latest episode of SBS drama "Take Care Of Us Captain", aired on February 23rd.

She asked him, "I want to know what kind of a person you are".

She continued, "I want to know how you've lived, who you met and I am very curious about how you got acknowledged as a good pilot. I am also curious about how you met manager Choi Ji-won, the relationship with director Hong and why he is the way he is to you".

Kim Yoon-seong said, "I will tell you when the time comes".

Meanwhile, Yoo-seong was applauded for protecting a child passenger in danger with an attitude of immaculate professionalism.

source : http://news.nate.com/ (Korean)

translated: http://www.hancinema.net/ (English)

hello, just dropped by to say something. so i love this show and all but what is it about them showing turkey like that? i am turkish and we wear no hat like that. we are muslim but if you go out on streets it is just like any other europian country. we are no arabic. We dont cover every part of our bodies and pray 24/7 or anything. i wished the pd or scenarist had just visited turkey once before showing it like that. it is hilarious but bothersome.

edit: and i love how they mentioned Van. well i personally think that, that whole matter is a little bit overrated. since turkey has more serious problems right now, like young innocent people killed by terrorists living especially in Van and other cities, or being supported by them. but yeah it is just politics and meaningless to talk about in here.

but i like the realistic stories and this show disappointed me in a way. 

Welcome to this thread, Tendele. Thank you for bringing attention to the inaccurate portrayal of the Turkish people. Yes, one would wish for accuracy in this show, which you love, but accuracy is far from the writer/pd minds in this aspect.That scene may have been filmed in a Turkish restaurant in Korea and the waiters are dressed like that. I have been to ethnic restaurants in North America where the waiters are dressed in ridiculous so called traditional costumes! I remember the episode where they were supposed to be in England - there were palm trees and people spoke with an Australian accents! I had watched a lot of kdramas and reality is usually out of the window . Unfortunately some viewers believe what they watch in dramas.

What I do like about this show is how real the emotions are. The cast are doing a great job with their characters. I hope you will continue to enjoy watching this drama. Do come back and comment. Would love to hear from you again.  Only 4 episodes left.....

Guest lexiclayrullman

Welcome to this thread, Tendele. Thank you for bringing attention to the inaccurate portrayal of the Turkish people. Yes, one would wish for accuracy in this show, which you love, but accuracy is far from the writer/pd minds in this aspect.That scene may have been filmed in a Turkish restaurant in Korea and the waiters are dressed like that. I have been to ethnic restaurants in North America where the waiters are dressed in ridiculous so called traditional costumes! I remember the episode where they were supposed to be in England - there were palm trees and people spoke with an Australian accents! I had watched a lot of kdramas and reality is usually out of the window . Unfortunately some viewers believe what they watch in dramas.

What I do like about this show is how real the emotions are. The cast are doing a great job with their characters. I hope you will continue to enjoy watching this drama. Do come back and comment. Would love to hear from you again.  Only 4 episodes left.....

i read somewhere that the crew film on location in australia... they probably doubled it as england b/c they don't have the budget for england or turkey... it's only 1 or 2 scenes so i don't think they would film on location just for that... most of the filming is probably in a studio in seoul somewhere and you're rignht, that is probably in a turkish restaurant.. sorry i didn't think it was that bad... what was offensive?? the hat? or the outfit?  when you go to a thai restaurant in california, sometimes, the waiters dress in traditional thai outifits..i guess it depends on the restaurant or the owners taste.

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

16th episode:

Nationwide: 5,8%(+0,2%)

Seoul: 6,8% (+/-0,0%)

TNS Media Korea

16th episode:

Nationwide: 6,3% (+0,4%)

Seoul: 7,7% (+0,2%)

I don't understand why the VP hates KYS. He even treated the young KYS so cruelly. I vaguely know that KYS was adopted by the VP but the adoption was lated voided. What did the young KYS do to incur such hatred? Something to do with his daughter?

Some Thoughts

Yeah, it would have been great if we saw the CK & DJ move forward in terms of their relationship. At this point, DJ looks like she's more invested because she earnestly wants to know more about him. CK was deliberately being vague so it must be frustrating on DJ's part. She's in a relationship and yet she's also up against a lot of uncertainties, that's tough.

However, looking back, I do get. If CK would allow their relationship to deepen, then it would hurt more. He was deliberately restraining himself because he went ahead with the relationship with him not being entirely truthful. Any relationship built on lies would not amount to anything. It's just heartbreaking to see him deal with it...here we have a guy who led a very painful life, an orphan, an unwanted kid and a victim of cruel circumstance. I mean, can't life give him a break? It's like as if he would never feel true and complete happiness. He really loves DJ, when he was arguing with DS at the nursery, he said...he will seek her forgiveness and he doesn't mind waiting...a year, 5 years, it doesn't matter because only then can he live. Wow.

The turning point was when He & DJ were watching the film, it was a film about a guy accidentally killing the parent of the girl he loves (Err...pre-conditioning on CK's part?). DJ said that's just plain wrong...I hate guys who keep secrets, why doesn't he just confess and ask for forgiveness? That compelled him to take action, he decided to come clean the next day. He did call CJW and to DS he told him to take care of her if she can't forgive him. (Errm...typical chauvinism IMO...really CK? You want that kind of set-up before going down? It's a mistake.) What goes on in the human mind under a lot of stress is really peculiar. You only realize these things on hindsight.

Ahh...the last four episodes. I would want to believe that all the sub-plots were there for a reason. The little vignettes from the passengers were there for a reason, they showed us that DJ and CK are intrinsically kind, generous and forgiving. The MJ & VP Hong angle were there to stress the early life trauma CK had in life which made him into the man he is. Their intention to cause renewed pain is something we have yet to see...will this make DJ sympathetic to CK? Maybe. I hope the writers and the director wont drop the ball just because of ratings. I would hope that they would churn out a great and satisfying ending (or at least infinitely better than TMu.)     

Guest jenny_do

Some Thoughts

Yeah, it would have been great if we saw the CK & DJ move forward in terms of their relationship. At this point, DJ looks like she's more invested because she earnestly wants to know more about him. CK was deliberately being vague so it must be frustrating on DJ's part. She's in a relationship and yet she's also up against a lot of uncertainties, that's tough.

However, looking back, I do get. If CK would allow their relationship to deepen, then it would hurt more. He was deliberately restraining himself because he went ahead with the relationship with him not being entirely truthful. Any relationship built on lies would not amount to anything. It's just heartbreaking to see him deal with it...here we have a guy who led a very painful life, an orphan, an unwanted kid and a victim of cruel circumstance. I mean, can't life give him a break? It's like as if he would never feel true and complete happiness. He really loves DJ, when he was arguing with DS at the nursery, he said...he will seek her forgiveness and he doesn't mind waiting...a year, 5 years, it doesn't matter because only then can he live. Wow.

The turning point was when He & DJ were watching the film, it was a film about a guy accidentally killing the parent of the girl he loves (Err...pre-conditioning on CK's part?). DJ said that's just plain wrong...I hate guys who keep secrets, why doesn't he just confess and ask for forgiveness? That compelled him to take action, he decided to come clean the next day. He did call CJW and to DS he told him to take care of her if she can't forgive him. (Errm...typical chauvinism IMO...really CK? You want that kind of set-up before going down? It's a mistake.) What goes on in the human mind under a lot of stress is really peculiar. You only realize these things on hindsight.

Ahh...the last four episodes. I would want to believe that all the sub-plots were there for a reason. The little vignettes from the passengers were there for a reason, they showed us that DJ and CK are intrinsically kind, generous and forgiving. The MJ & VP Hong angle were there to stress the early life trauma CK had in life which made him into the man he is. Their intention to cause renewed pain is something we have yet to see...will this make DJ sympathetic to CK? Maybe. I hope the writers and the director wont drop the ball just because of ratings. I would hope that they would churn out a great and satisfying ending (or at least infinitely better than TMu.)     

great! i like it

trying to promote! ^^

wub.gif

• add.png

• <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Saw the ratings of the latest episodes & my heart sunk. I wonder if other people are not seeing what we're seeing or we're not seeing what other people are seeing? I have a feeling PCAP will end with a single digit. Could it be that the main course of this drama is kind of bland? The side dishes are good (side stories that happen in the flight), the dessert is yummy (Fluffy/Han sisters moments) or even the salad/soup (ahjussi/aunt Mal/ KDS dad, flight attendants) their stories were also interesting. As I've said before the climax of this drama is still about to happen, kinda late? I wonder why. Why can't the writers give HDJ & KYS a good, romantic & explossive scenes together before the storm? This anticipation seem to kill the viewers' enthusiasm, I guess. That's why PCAP ratings is on a dive. The stories around the main casts are good, no doubt..what about the gist?  :w00t: :wub:  

Some Thoughts

i liked yours Thoughts so much...i don't care about the raitings...for me this is a wonderfull story!

I don't understand why the VP hates KYS. He even treated the young KYS so cruelly. I vaguely know that KYS was adopted by the VP but the adoption was lated voided. What did the young KYS do to incur such hatred? Something to do with his daughter?

I hope they will reveal us the details and the reason for such hatred in the coming episodes. I think it had something to do with his wife's death. KYS took the blame for the fire , which was started by his daughter. This much we know.

Archived