[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

Miss Ripley Episode 14 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

missripley.jpg

Miss Ripley 1-14 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1614-miss-ripley-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[News] Park Yoo Cheon in ‘Miss Ripley’ is radiating his attractiveness as a romantic flower guy

20110713001653_0.jpg?w=500&h=333

Park Yoo Cheon in ‘Miss Ripley’ is radiating his attractiveness as a romantic flower guy like a beauty catalog.

Park Yoo Cheon playing Song Yoo Hyeon, an inheritor of global resort group in MBC drama-’Miss Ripley’ is stimulating girls’ hearts with his tender voice and bright smile.

The reason why he became a ‘romantic flower guy’ is that his favorite item showing his heart to his beloved woman is through flowers. Whenever he meets Lee Da Hae(Mi-ry Jang), he uses flowers.

He has an elegant bouquet with lilies everytime he visits the broadcasting station to meet Lee Da Hae. Moreover, a big flower basket for her birthday, a fascinating bundle of red and white roses was prepared to visit his parents. Series of rupturing flowers have been showed. Viewers say that he shows a sincere heart towards his lover and a thoughtful consideration to make his girlfriend special.

Source

http://sportsworldi.segye.com

Shared by: JYJ3

Guest imogene_af

The drama is getting REAL good, I was emotional in Episode 14.

My favorite scenes:

*when YooHyun was talking to little Miri it just breaks my heart. Seeing her as a child, you knew how strong-willed she was, you wonder… why did she turn herself into a monster? Little Miri always makes my heart ache. It is a good strategy of the director to use little Miri because it humanizes her for us as an audience. It brings her back to the Miri we used to know who really was a kid with a lot of strength and resilience. Who had a lot of pride and to see her crumble over to WHO she is NOW, is more heartbreaking. The water reflection as YooHyun and the little Miri converse is also a really nice touch.

*When Lee Hwa read little Miri’s letters. GAH! Writing until she was in middle school (prior to her getting sold)... hear that? My. heart. breaking.

*When Miri wrote that letter to Yoo Hyun... I know she is boy who cried wolf now, but I BELIEVE her. As she said, she doesn't deserve to say it.

* When Miri lost her marbles in the investigation room… it was VERY VERY EERIE but also incredibly gut wrenching. Lee Da Hae gave me goosebumps there. It also explains her past behavior... Miri might as well be a bit mental. Bipolar? Manic depressive? A little bit of both?

*Miri pleading to Lee Hwa, wondering why she hates her so much (UGH. If you only knew you biotch!)

*Hirayama and Miri screaming match... I hate Hirayama and I don't want him with Miri but he is a far more interesting character than probably half of the main cast, just saying.

*Miri witnesses how the s**t hit the fan via television... it was both satisfying and like an empty feeling in my chest for me. Like, should I be happy?

* Final scene with the three of them in a staredown and the revelation. The actress who plays Lee Hwa is just so damn flawless in her execution there. I even had a tinge of sympathy. She's my most hated character.

As I said, the only justification in THIS world for Miri and YooHyun’s demented, unexplained love is they are a huge package of karma for Lee Hwa and Old Man Song. Lovers who were responsible for ABANDONING a child for their own greed and selfish intentions.

Stop trying to understand Miri and YooHyun's relationship. Their love will never be explained no matter how shallow or deep... it does not matter... because in a narrative sense they are mere products of irresponsible and disgusting actions done by two adults before. Who put themselves before an innocent child. So stop making sense of it and see it as fate marrying karma.

And if this innocent child became a scheming and destructive human being ruining their lives? Actions meet consequences.

It is written in fate that YooHyun and Miri will find this twisted, obsessive sort of love for each other because they are the PRODUCT of the sins of their parents. I like this ball of karma blasting to their faces. It is sad, messed up but also incredibly satisfying.

The writer is not apologizing for Miri or trying to ask you to sympathize with her… it is just a story of HER messed up world. It is not a matter of apologizing for her or demonizing her, but ARE YOU INVESTED in her JOURNEY? I cannot say this enough.

People are annoyed that the characters are blaming themselves for what a full consenting adult character like Miri has become. But Miri will face her consequences too... but it is not to deny that they may have been a part of it. Especially those parents. Those parents who live comfortably in a mansion while a child is being abused in some other part of the world. It does not justify Miri's actions but it sure as hell justifies how Miri comes back to them as their own chaebol nightmare.

People find Miri's pathlogical lying unforgivable. Her sense of entitlement disgusting. Her promiscuity as some sort of a justification for ostracizing. Her two timing so evil.

But Lee Hwa and Mr. Song's actions? If Miri will be a pariah, they should be too. Because for me... that is the face of true evil. And I thought no one will be as disgusting as Hirayama but to purposely leave a child and go, "oh. I hope she's ok...hehehehe."

While you live comfortably with your golddiger wife?! I cannot even stomach it. It's like a blow to the pit of my stomach.

well, good sir, damn you!

On a lighter note:

Everyone was so good in this episode… Yoochun, stepmom in her EPIC last scene…

but Lee Da Hae yet again, I wanted to hate Miri from last week but she pulls you back in to ACHE for her. What a raw and riveting performance in the last two episodes.

Guest babyfaceyoochun

She added, “Although sweet Yoochun oppa finished filming one hour earlier than me, he waited for me and took picture with me. Even I, a girl, think that he has a very pretty face. Thank you, handsome and sweet oppa.”

Netizens sent a lot of warm responses after the photo was exposed: “Both are so cute” “Their big eyes look exactly the same.” “Their acting was feelingly good”…

Credit Photo:  Jung DaBin’s minihompy

Source: TV Report

Translation CreditJYJ3

Guest babyfaceyoochun

</p>In the drama, Jung Da Bin acts as the younger version of ‘Jang Mi Ri’, who’s normally played by actressLee Da Hae. She’s received positive reviews on her acting so far, and will return to fans in late September, as she had been cast for an upcoming drama titled The Deep Rooted Tree’.

Source: TVDaily via Nate and allkpop.

Photo: Jung Da Bin’s minihompy

very interesting article I found from JYJfantalk's blog, and credit to the writer/editor.

Editors Note on “Miss Ripley” as Public Exposure to ‘Female Victimization’

Editors Note on “Goodbye Miss Ripley” as Public Exposure to “Female Victimization”

missripley.jpg

Some time ago, when “Goodbye Miss Ripley” first started airing on Mondays and Tuesdays on MBC, I stated that I would write a layman’s critical review of this melodrama at some point in its run. I wanted to do this because “Goodbye Miss Ripley” is based upon a true story. The drama that we are seeing played out actually happened and does happen every day to many people around the world. Even in modern industrial nations that boast of their ‘human rights’ agendas, women, girls, and to a lesser extent, men and boys, are being snatched from the streets; parking lots; school lots; their homes, and other environments to be sold into sex slavery in their own country or other countries. Many are simply taken and imprisoned for the perverted pleasure of one individual person. Some escape or are rescued, some are still in bondage, and some die in their imprisonment. Prostitution, which is fueled by poverty, low self-esteem, and the diverted eyes of authority, still runs rampant in every town.

Some third world countries still have slavery as it has existed, in its original form, throughout the centuries.

Incest and rape exist in large proportions right in victim’s family homes–in places where the right to live peaceably and quietly is expected to be a guarantee. Perversion on the Internet enters many peoples lives either as “entertainment’ or as “fuel” that leads to the abuse of others.

Those of us sitting safely in our homes enjoying “Goodbye Miss Ripley” for the sake of watching a good melodrama, or just supporting Park Yoochun in his work as an actor, cannot imagine the fear and degrading circumstances that these victims face. This is a global tragedy of infinite proportions, and even though “Goodbye Miss Ripley’ is not the atypical Asian drama, it has its place in educating and alerting those who watch it to the tragic results of neglecting and dehumanizing people in our societies. The story line of “Miss Ripley” is built upon the placement of orphans, without proper assessment by professionals of the families adopting and the situations of adoption.

I sat down to write about this melodrama as a whole, but I find myself more concerned about exploring the reasons behind Miss Ripley’s character. Her inability to trust is what fuels her behavior, with fear as the predominant motivator of her actions. Over time, her survival methods have dulled her conscience to what is right and wrong to the extent that she has no inhibitions toward lying, stealing, and using others to achieve her personal goals. She lives in a world of denial, unable to see her own faults and continually blaming others for her crimes. She possesses cunning, another survival instinct, that keeps her ahead of the game.

Miss Ripley does have feelings and desires to live free of poverty as is revealed in her pursuit of first Jang Myeong Hoon, Manager of the Hotel, and then her subsequent pursuit of Song Yuhyun based upon his more elevated status as the CEO of the Conglomerate MonoResort Group. She rises to the top by forging her credentials, and displaying devious methods to acheve her goals. Miss Ripley exploits her friend from the orphanage by taking everything valuable from her to create value for herself.

As Miss Ripley has unfolded, the intricacy of the characterizations has been impressive. What gives this drama strength is its basis in reality, and the ability of the screenwriter(s) to merge so many personalities in creating such a poignant story. The ending to this melodrama is still yet to come. We wait with bated breath to discover whether the redemption of Miss Ripley’s character is nigh–or will she fall victim once again to those who neglected her earlier in life.

Credit: Momma Cha, MASL @ jyjfantalk.com

Access Translation: 110530 Five Key Reasons Why “Miss Ripley” Should Not Be Missed for another written assessment of “Miss Ripley”. or key in Miss Ripley in the search box for other articles/

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[Trans] 110713 Miss Ripley’s Personal Best of 16.5% Rating

MBC’s drama “Miss Ripley” marked their highest rating and became number 1 in ratings at the same time.

The episode of “Miss Ripley” which was aired nationwide on July 12th night stayed at 16.5% all day. This is 2.3 points higher than the previous highest rating ,which was at 14.2%. And with only two more episodes to go before the final round, it seems that “Miss Ripley” will keep this first place rating firmly.

Meanwhile, other dramas that were broadcasted at the same time had ratings of 13.7% and 8.3%.

credit: chosun<br style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; ">trans+shared by: sharingyoochun.net

OOOH what episodes we have this week. Can't describe, really WOW.

What I most appreciate about the writing of this drama is how the writer make us hear what we are thinking, specially in those latest episodes. When LH says to Miri that her acting got really well and it is touching but she can't believe her, when MH asks Miri if she really love YH and he responded that you made your self believe it as you done with me, when Hirayama said to Miri after she blamed him about how she got this way that it is her choice that made her like this, when HJ said that she wanted Miri to be punished but now does she deserves the punishment alone and finally when Miri said she knows she doesn't deserve YH love. I just love it :wub:

OOOH when I write about LH I can't feel to point to her as Miri's Mother, I really can't feel it.

Imogine, you mentioned the scenes I loved too. Specially the scene of YH with Little Miri, Miri with the investigator, Miri with Hirayama and surely that FANTASTIC final scene. I can't describe how I felt watching them and can't stop myself from keeping replaying them. And I felt satisfied that Miri didn't ran with Hiramaya and resisted to go back to her past life although her situation because I was really worried when I read the text preview.

I am not qualified to judge but I really think the direction got really better in latest episodes after I was sometimes frustrated of it and the editing that I even wonder if it is the same director!!!

I am eagerly waiting for next episodes (can't believe it is the end :tears: ) but away from our waiting to witness the Mother/Daughter confrontation (if it is going to happen) did you also wonder like me where Hirayama is going, who he called and what he is going to do, very worried!!!!!!!!!

Guest ngthuhien149

I think ppl will be really surprised if I say this ep, for me, is the best ep of the whole series up to this point, even better than the 1st ep (I have always been whining nonstop about the drama :sweatingbullets: )

I am going to talk about the best 2 scene in this ep that makes it the best ep for me. Beautiful setting, beautiful details and beautiful line.

The first scene is no doubt the scene of Yuhyun and mini Miri which is by far the best scene in the whole drama for me. I am amazed by how I figured out more and more after watching the scenes 2 or 3 times. The way writer used the upside down reflection of Yuhyun on the water and mini MR stepped on and broke it is breathtaking. When I did not watch it deeply, what I thought about that scene was: Is that how MR stepped into Yuhyun’s life and messed it up? Does how the footstep broke the water imply the image of Miri coming into Yuhyun’s life and shattering it into pieces? BUT as how twisted the drama is, after everything got revealed, rethink it again, who stepped into whose life first? Miri or YUHYUN? According to YH’s logic, it is him who made MR’s life miserable so is that him who broke peaceful water surface of MR’s life since she was young? So surprisingly now Yuhyun became the 1 who is at fault. Heck yeah their destiny is twisted just like that.

However, after 2nd time watching, It is not just that. There is sth more in it that made the scene the best scene in the drama for me, which is also, I think, the best solution for all the confusion and frustration of how YH fell in love w MR so quick and forgave her so quick. Is the reflection of Yuhyun on the water, by any chance, the reflection of mini Yuhyun as well? Let’s flash back to the ep when Yuhyun visited MH’s mom’s funeral, Yuhyun said: “When my mom passed away, I did not acknowledge that she was going to leave me forever, I thought she would be back beside me like she had always been. Since I did not understand of the meaning of farewell, I did not appreciate the last moment with her. Until I knew, it was all too late” Does it remind me of something? In this episode, mini MR also said: “Don’t worry ajjushi, my mom will be back soon, then I can go to school and play with my friend (or sth like that)” Are mini Yuhyun and mini MR similar? Both were to young to be conscious about farewell and both are the victim of adults Yuhyun then asked mini MR: “ Did you miss your mom?” Is he asking himself too? Then when MR left him, he called her and here we see the reflection of him again on the water when he asked: “You have it hard, don’t u?” More than any one else, Yuhyun understands the pain that MR has been feeling since he himself has the same feeling and even tho he smiles all the time, he has been living with it and has not got over it yet.

By not getting over the past yet, I actually mean the reason for his grudge toward step mom. Did LH ever do anything really bad to YH? I dun think so, but the hatred he has for her is really obvious. It is because he thinks she is the reason why his mom did not get enough love and care after she passed away. He hates her bcoz she takes his mom place in his dad’s heart and also take all the care from his dad. However, now after everything got revealed, is YH now the same kind of person as the woman he hates the most in his life. Is he the reason of the abandon of MR? Is he the one who took all the care from LH which supposed to be MR’s? Yuhyun cannot forgive his step mom, no wonder he asked MR “What can I do to be deserved for your forgiveness? So that is it. YH understand how MR feels because they are somehow the same and feel guity toward her since he understood his own feeling toward step mom. That is why he forgave MR.

The 2nd scene I want to talk about is the last scene at the churth. Breathtaking scene with beautiful setting again. Did u see LH is in the middle of YH and MR? Overall, it is LH and her own greed that make YH’s fate, MR’s fate and their fate together so miserable. If not for her own greed, YH and MR would not have met, but also it not for own greed, they could have been sister-brother. LH is the one who force them together and going to be the one who separate them as well. Over all YH and MR are both the victims of their parents’ wrong doing (I so agree with Imogen_af here). Everything has its reason, everything is destined by some1 above n I am not saying this bcoz of superstition . Ppl in my country has this saying: “The sky has eyes” n that is pretty much explain for how illogical YH’s love is for MR and how they get together. Do u know which is the best line of that scene? It is when the nun said: “It is the Lord’s mean that mom comes and daughter is going to be here too?” for me, it is 1 million dollars line that writer made. Yeah nun, u are exactly rite! It is the fate but not just that, there is a son there too. It is when u have chill all over your body and all u can do is realizing Karma is such a richard simmons, that scary shivering of LH’s lips pretty much said it.

phewww longest post ever :sweatingbullets:

Guest imogene_af

apqaria- I too, do not feel comfortable calling Lee Hwa a "mother". Just because she gave birth to Miri it does not make her one. She kinda lost the mommy card a long time ago.

The tragedy of Miri is it is nature vs nurture, based on a Korean reviewer's post there are certain things that Miss Ripley brought up that are actually a society problem for them. As an outsider, we simply watch the drama for its story, its actors, or the suspense, we tend to leave out the implications and societal debates that stem from such a narrative. It is interesting to see that the background checks in the orphanage can be lacking, which leads to problems for the children later on. Or how the power play can affect someone. Or the common themes of rape and prostitution.

Miri's actions are never to be excused, she should be punished, I agree but the question of how society creates Miris is what this drama sort of reflects too. I think this is why the main characters are sort of reflecting how Miri turned out that way. It no way JUSTIFIES her actions but it sort of gives us a human face and plunge into the mere tragedy of it. In HeeJoo's point of view she believes that Miri was a warm hearted and good person to her and she cannot connect her friend to the monster now, so she asks is she solely to blame. Myung Hoon believes the pressures of the status quo (symbolically him) makes monsters like Miri. YooHyun on the other hand looks back at her history to at least understand such a monster. Hirayama and Lee Hwa now thinks she is just from trash so she acts like trash (i.e. back to where she belongs)

No one is taking the blame away from her, she will face the consequences, I tell you... she will not be able to face anyone as she is not seen as a slutty,lying,diploma stealing, shameful bar girl. The public wants her head. The narrative simply explores the nature vs nurture struggle with her existence.

That was quite an interesting article and thanks samz for sharing.

some interesting articles:

http://news.jkn.co.kr/article/news/20110714/0317762.htm

^

Audience still requesting for extension

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/07/miss-ripley-episode-14/#comments

^

Kang Hye Jung disappointed with her role, which is such a bummer because I really enjoyed the HJ and Miri dynamic.

Guest imogene_af

nguthien- This is my favorite episode too and like you, I had CHILLS when they showed the final scene. It is like all these chaos, unexplainable love, all the reasons why YooHyun was so drawn to Miri, on why Miri is this destructive hurricane, on why all this pain had to build up, why all this sorrow had to happen...all the stuff that we have ranting about and raving in this drama...is the ultimate build up for the final scene in Episode 14. Karma puts everything in place. Fate wrote it. It is God's will.

You are right, if only she kept Miri, this would not have happened to Hotel A...her stepson would not have fallen in love with her own daughter...she would not have to live through the fact that she pushed her own flesh and blood into a public hanging. It is scary,really.

I feel like Ripley needs a lot of patience in order for it to make complete sense,huh?

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[NEWS] A Series of Self-Photos and Captions By Yoochun Himself

Posted on July 13, 2011 by jyj3Star Self-Photo: Park Yoochun

Park Yoochun hit a home run in his second challenge in acting as well and succeeded in advancing. It is that he is receiving praise in the recently-airing MBC Monday-Tuesday drama Miss Ripley in which he has again taken up the role of the lead, after he finished the initiation ceremony last year through Sungkyunkwan Scandal as a new actor. He has pulled off even the ardent inner-emotive acting which suffers after knowing the falsehoods of the woman he loves, Lee Dahae, and is receiving the evaluation that he has overstepped the limits of an actor whose origins is that of the singer. Park Yoochun who is stimulating the female heart as he plays Song Yoohyun who is the successor to a chaebol group and has innocence and a carefree attractiveness has revealed the set of the drama filming.

01-6.jpg

Hello. This is Park Yoochun. As for a while the JYJ World Tour and the filming for Miss Ripley coincided my body was a bit tired also. But as we get such good responses the fatigue just washes away. Even though it is acting that is still lacking you are lenient so I am thankful. In order to portray the sensitivity of Song Yoohyun who is doing his best in order to overcome his wounds, I have for a moment put away “Park Yoochun, the human being” and is only thinking of Miss Ripley as I live. Since I am very immersed in the character it is to the degree that I am worried about the process of coming back to regular life after he drama is over. As the drama is going to its end it is true that I am getting more and more busy. The filing set of our drama Miss Ripley which is run neatly even when everything is flying all over the place—I will show you.Miss Ripley</em>. You see the highlighter marks that are meticulously checked right? I am an actor Park Yoochun who looks and looks at the script over and over until it becomes ragged!</p>6. As I was waiting for my turn in filming in the waiting room I fell into a trance of playing by myself. This is what is called the “lazy man’s push-ups.” This is a method used when the body is tired but you feel that you should work out, sometimes.

07-2.jpg

7. A photo with Zhang Yong sunsaeng-nim who is appearing as my father in Ripley and the CEO of Mondo Group! He is a “big” sunbae nim who waits for me to do well even if I make NG’s.

08-2.jpg

8. “Oh, Awesome Man!” Do you not feel the wild appeal? This is the true nature of the “male” Park Yoochun. This was a difficult  scene because a complicated emotion had to be present along with having to keep your muscles firm.

09-2.jpg

9. This is the open set that was held in Yongin. Thankfully, in order to see me, this many Japanese fans came. I am so thankful because they watched the filming with order.

10-2.jpg

10. Choi Wonsuk Director-nim of Team B is teaching me the line of movement. Outdoors filming on a hot summer day is so difficult. The woman behind me is my stylist, who is wiping off the sweat that pours without cease.

11-2.jpg

11. Sleeping for a bit while waiting for the filming. This is a photo that makes the professional spirit of Park Yoochun shine, who is sleeping with stomach down lest the hair that is already styled may get mussed.

12. A rod-shaped fan that is making the back of my head cool. The staff is really working hard.

13. This is the “Mickey Fan.” It has a Mickey Mouse logo and so we call it a “Mickey Fan.” You do know that when I am working as a group my name is “Micky Yoochun,” right? Haha!

Source

Daily Sports

Translation CreditJYJ3

Guest lavenderhana

I have been a silent reader of this topic, I think it's about time for me to register a login and to post something here.

I am amazed people seem to forgive Miri so quickly and undermining all the hard work other people put in when they were in her position.

Firstly, The fake qualification, the stolen sketches have nothing to do with Miri's mom or her circumtances. It was not her mom's fault she did this.  If you watch the beginning, when she just got back to Korean, she was working as a waitress, while applying for a job that was surely out of her reach. I am not saying that you cant dream a bigger dream but you need to achieve your dream in a way that you do not use people or step on people to achieve it. Miri did that, she used MH to get what she wanted. When she got what she wanted it, she saw YH and knew that he was a bigger fish to catch, so she dumped MH went for YH.  Using MH's love to get what she wanted, then dump him, and expect him not to take it personally, this was unforgivable on a personal level.  If she was just as happy as other people who are less fortunate than her, be contented and work as a waitress, nothing is wrong with this kind of life, I am sure people would not treat her the way she was treated if she knew her place.  There are lots of people who are more tragic than her, work there way to live this way, without greed.  Of course are lot of people in her circumtances break the law and go to jail because of their greed, The law maybe lenient on each individual circumtances but not totally forgive you. Secondly she faked her qualification and stole HJ's sketches, this in the eyes of law, everyone is equal, and she broke the law fair and square.

Even when she got the superhaena from the court about the fake qualification, she still asked MH to cover it for her. Until then she still had not realised the damaged and the extent of the damage her lied has caused. She couldnt not face the responsbility of her own actions.  She just want to lie to cover it, to run away from it when her own creation crumpling down to her feet. That was the best and only way she knew. She ran away from her life in Japan.

After 14 episodes, we can see that even during her scene with the prosecutor she even said "I am a Tokyo grad, I am working at hotel A, I am about to marry Mondo heir, nothing must change" Dont you think there is something wrong here? She has been lying too much, that now she CANT tell what was real and what was not real. She thought she was entitled to all of this. If her mom didnt leave her, her life would be as she wanted "Tokyo grad, marry a Chaebol heir".  I am not saying that her mom wasnt at fault, she left her daughter and because of this shock Miri's psychology has been damaged. She has been blaming everyone for her unfortunate circumtances all her life, she blamed HJ when one of her lies was uncovered. She blamed Hirayama for the life she leaded in Japan, and didnt want to go back, I wouldnt if I were her too.  But blaming him was not the answer wasnt it?  She was an adult, she made her own decision but she couldnt face the responsiblity of her own actions.  She always gave excuses for her action without realising the life she was leading right now was her own creation of the life she had been dreaming to live eversince her mom left her.  She was scared if someone leave her, She could not get over the fact that HJ was about to leave her to go to study oversea, she couldnt handle this news very well. We can see that she is a damaged girl.  Hirayama said IT ALL, the whole theme of this drama was  "you have made the choice yourself". So you have to face it no one can help you but yourself.

The only truthful about Miri was her letter to YH before she left for the church. In the letter she said "all of this was becuase of my greed" which made me think that she has finally started to realise she did something seriously wrong and want to find the real her. Because of her greed she lost herself. She was totally immersed herself in her own creation of lies that she lost the real Jang Miri. 

To blame someone is too easy but to face it yourself is the hardest thing and Miri needs to face it head on. Her mom, YH's grandmother and dad was cruel for leaving a girl of 9 on her own, she had a harsh life in Japan, but they were not responsible for her lies in the stolen sketches and the forgery.This was all due to Miri's GREED

Guest imogene_af

I am not justifying her actions because of her past, I do not think anyone is. I don't think Miri gets a pass because of her tragic past, she should be punished for her decisions and as we do watch the richard simmons hit the fan...she IS going to have to face the consequences. But this story does not only focus on one woman's demise but it should be two. Lee Hwa's own choices back then brought her to her worst nightmare, who is also her flesh and blood. This one decision to abandon her daughter came as her big flaming ball of karma later on.

Miri's crimes is not absolved because she had a boohoo past however, we must ask if this whole messed up of a story (stepsiblings in a relationship, Miri's desperate escape to Korea,etc etc.) would even happen if Lee Hwa did not make those harsh choices years ago. This whole story, their bitter fate is all connected because of Lee Hwa's unforgivable choice years ago to abandon her daughter for greed.

Now her daughter, all vile and making all the wrong choices comes back to her.

The story is not only about Miri's downfall but also her mother's.

Both of whom made their choices and ultimately, ruined each other's lives.

The way it all comes back full circle is what makes this haunting for me.

[Trans] 110713 Miss Ripley’s Personal Best of 16.5% Rating

MBC’s drama “Miss Ripley” marked their highest rating and became number 1 in ratings at the same time.

The episode of “Miss Ripley” which was aired nationwide on July 12th night stayed at 16.5% all day. This is 2.3 points higher than the previous highest rating ,which was at 14.2%. And with only two more episodes to go before the final round, it seems that “Miss Ripley” will keep this first place rating firmly.

Meanwhile, other dramas that were broadcasted at the same time had ratings of 13.7% and 8.3%.

credit: chosun<br style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; ">trans+shared by: sharingyoochun.net

wow,this is amazing

miss ripley crew,actor,actress and director really working hard to give their best to the audience

i'm a bit late.. just finished watching ep11.. this drama is not that fast pace, so maybe some ppl will find it a bit boring... i still like this drama... usually the lead female will be really sweet n nice girl but not in Miss Ripley... interesting enough to make me keep watching this drama... Miri is really getting on my nerves... she kept lying and she just didn't know where to stop right... omg... i should cont watching ep12... wanna know what Yoohyun will do once he finds out bout Miri...

Archived