[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imogene_af

Am I the only one that has developed a strong bitter outlook towards the old chaebol Song?! He KNEW that Lee Hwa abandoned a daughter almost seventeen years ago...and NOW that the child is 25 he offers to find her? They want to keep their precious chaebol image that they disregarded the kid for years? They live comfortably while she became a bar girl and God knows what?! He was her enabler. In a twisted way YooHyun and Miri are victims of the two SELFISH and wretched lovers. It is so messed up now.

YooHyun and Miri ending up being lovers is Lee Hwa and Old Song's vicious karma biting them right at their faces and spitting at them right back.

In my own twisted way, I want Miri to succeed in whatever small way to make these two people miserable. I want them to live and die with a tormented conscience. But that is wishful thinking. Most likely Miri will be "punished" since in Kdrama realm, they usually punish these kinds of (anti)heroines, but a little justice for her, just a little even as the little Miri given justice, I will be very satisfied.

hmmm... on a lighter, more frivolous note... tongue2.gif

what do you guys think about the swimming scene? d'you think yoochun can actually swim the butterfly stroke? :unsure: coz i remember he said in an interview once that he can't swim... body double anybody?

any thoughts? :sweatingbullets:

case in point:

Ho9Dn.jpg

as compared to:

20110712-125032.jpg

is it just me? or the water? or the lighting? but i can't seem to find the birthmark between his shoulder blades anywhere? :lol:

credits: as tagged

thanks to: Sayuri JaeJoong and JYJ3 for the photos

Guest babyfaceyoochun

"Miss. Ripley" 14.2% reclaims the first place

photo181553.jpgMBC drama Miss. Ripley" has found its throne.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on the 12th, Miss. Ripley" on the 11th rated 14.2%, bringing it back to first place in Monday and Tuesday dramas.

It started off as first place on its first episode but was pushed back to 2nd my "Babyfaced Beauty". However, as soon as "Babyfaced Beauty" finished, it found its way back to the leading place.

Meanwhile, KBS "Spy MyeongWol" rated 9.6% and SBS "Warrior Baek Dong-soo" rated 12.7%.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Copy & paste guideline for this article<br style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C45H53AAMFc&feature=player_embedded

what do you guys think about the swimming scene? d'you think yoochun can actually swim the butterfly stroke? :unsure: coz i remember he said in an interview once that he can't swim... body double anybody?

case in point:

as compared to:

is it just me? or the water? or the lighting? but i can't seem to find the birthmark between his shoulder blades anywhere? :lol:

hahaha i think the one who actually swim is a stunt man...don't think it is him. Good observation :P

Thanks babyfaceyoochun for updating us on the articles. Glad the ratings moved up!

That is a body double for sure. Butterfly strokes is the hardest style out there and you develope certain muscles. Considering Micky is a singer, I was throughly disappointed the seranting scenes couple episodes back. The two lead character just don't have any chemistry, odd considering that Lee Dae Hee is really hot in this series. Even when she is doing those facial expression (false smiles) had the pleasure of knowing this from past gold digger, two timing promiscious girlfriend. I had thought she has some depth to her acting after Slave Hunter.

I agree the parent are to blame but Miri had plenty of chances to come clean but always choose the wrong path. If I were her best/only friend then I would have reported her sent her to prison then we would have slightly different and vicious antigonist when she comes out like Midas, darker character or repented one.

After first episode, I predicted that the mother of Miri will surface as stumbling block to her end game so LOL it appear like so. This series has been such a disappointment for me.

The chaebol who can't even verify credentials should have their business gobbled up by competitors. University and TV shows who don't verify are just asking to be sued. Pathetic!

Guest thanhdda10

case in point:

*quoted image*

as compared to:

*quoted image*

credits: as tagged

thanks to: Sayuri JaeJoong and JYJ3 for the photos

Zoom it in you will see the birth mark, just the water that you cant see it clearly, there were a few photos floating around that it was YC who swam, no body

double, they can see his waist tattoo too. yeah YC did actually learn how to swim, he was amazing.

here are some pic to prove it

6490cd26tw1dj27w21ww4j.jpg

scaledphptn0server740filenametcxuo.jpg

Hey I made a photo video of Yoochun over this week & just wanted to shared.

It took me forever, because I had to photoshop some pictures together & had had to cut verses of Yoochun's part from his DBSK's days & his current songs.

So check it out: b]

Hi chewywonbin, thanks for your efforts in making this video. I believed you have spent a lot of efforts doing it. thanks. enjoyed all the shots u put together...u are not crazy, this man deserves the time :)

Guest lavenderhana

Here is another one that proved Yoochun did actually swim in ep 13, they blurred his tattoo on his left chest as you can see here

In Korea it is against the law to show tattooes on Nationa TV, so they have to blur all the tattoes before they air ịt

6490cd26tw1dj2xxsahr7g.gif

Guest imogene_af

That is a body double for sure. Butterfly strokes is the hardest style out there and you develope certain muscles. Considering Micky is a singer, I was throughly disappointed the seranting scenes couple episodes back. The two lead character just don't have any chemistry, odd considering that Lee Dae Hee is really hot in this series. Even when she is doing those facial expression (false smiles) had the pleasure of knowing this from past gold digger, two timing promiscious girlfriend. I had thought she has some depth to her acting after Slave Hunter.

I agree the parent are to blame but Miri had plenty of chances to come clean but always choose the wrong path. If I were her best/only friend then I would have reported her sent her to prison then we would have slightly different and vicious antigonist when she comes out like Midas, darker character or repented one.

After first episode, I predicted that the mother of Miri will surface as stumbling block to her end game so LOL it appear like so. This series has been such a disappointment for me.

The chaebol who can't even verify credentials should have their business gobbled up by competitors. University and TV shows who don't verify are just asking to be sued. Pathetic!

It's not that pathetic. It happened in real life.

You don't have to look far... Shin Jeong Ah, the person and the inspiration for the character Jang Miri was the one who was focused on when it came to the media hanging. Though, Dongguk University was severely criticized at the end of the day it was Shin Jeong Ah and her lover who faced the wrath of the law. In fact it was Dongguk University that sued Yale for what happened. That is like Mondo sueing Todai for what happened.

So there is a reason that even in this Kdrama that HotelA and the Song family may come out unscathed. I mean, Dongguk came out unscathed. Shin Jeong Ah's case had A LOT of people involved but at the end of the day, she was the one who was truly brought down. Not Dongguk. Not these politicians who helped her. Not these men she supposedly had affairs with. Not the media organizations that swarmed over her as the Arthouse Cinderella... just her. This is what is happening to Miri.

What her mom and Old Song did to her is NOT a justification for Miri's actions that is not what I am saying, what I am saying is, if Miri is obviously facing consequences of her own greed they have to be tormented too for THEIR OWN greed. Miri is suffering for her actions. She will lose everything, she will have NO face to show to anyone. She is now a pariah. She is paying for her consequences. Now, I want payback for Lee Hwa and her old chaebol husband for being that heartless. And NOW she wants her daughter back? It makes me rage, I tell ya. :lol:

Episode 13 was such a disappointment! Dark Yoohyun???? Who is that? I can't believe that he's still the same person now as he was before he met Miri. I think the darkness that was hinted at in Episode 12 was YH facing his own identity crisis because he's realizing that everything about him is fake. His whole "I'm just an ordinary guy" persona is something he's been trying to create and for the most part he's been successful because really, who's going to mess with him? But, I think he's starting to realize just how fabricated everything about him is. You know what's always bothered me about his character? The fact that he's supposed to be sooo well-mannered and educated, and yet, he's always, always cutting people off. Sure, it's understandable that he would cut off his stepmom when she's talking. Except that the two have always maintained a facade of politeness, and in Asian culture that's pretty rude stuff. But he's always cutting her off. When HJ wanted to resign, he just cut her off too. And when he was talking with Miri in Episode 13, he asked her to apoligize but then cut her off from talking.

We've been saying this before in this forum, but I just have to say it again: this drama has some serious holes in it. Unless the point was to make YH's character weak and broken. But somehow, I just don't have that much faith in the writer's capability to think that his flawed character was completely intentional. I always find that dramas mess us in the little details. Such as... a University doesn't do a complete background check before hiring someone? Anyway, YH is supposed to be a capable businessman (although I've rarely seen him work; just make press announcements in English) but he always lets emotions get the best of him. This is why I have such a problem with him cutting people off. Other Kdrama heroes have always shown a level head and allow their heads to rule before their emotions. Why? Because they are rational adults (not little children) who know that sometimes you have to plan your next move and that not all battles are worth winning or even fighting. Take MH for example. Miri thinks that he's just lashing out at her in retaliation, but all of his moves are well-planned and well thought out. Further, none of it is done in a vengeful manner. As he explained, he is simply trying to right the wrongs that have occurred as a result of her lies.

But here's why I think YH is facing his own identity crisis. He realizes that he never knew Miri and that if it's possible that she lied just to get close to him because of his wealth, then that means that she was never who he thought she was. And he needs her to be "good" because he's almost like Miri in that he can't accept when something goes wrong. So he was wrong about her. Which would mean that stepmom was right about her lacking sincerity and class. So just count that as one battle with stepmom that you lost. But no. He needs to prove that he was right somehow. He, like us viewers, questioned what he liked about her. And he couldn't explain that he simply fell in lust with her physical appearance. And like the spoiled brat that he is, he imposed a female Aladdin-like persona on her (you know, the poor diamond in the rough persona). It bothered him when people asked what he liked about her because he had no answer. And when faced with MH's so much more sophisticated and mature love for Miri, well I think that's what really shocked YH the most. The contrast between MH (his maturity, his business sense, the respect that his colleagues have for him) and YH (who was born with a silver spoon and has always been given special treatment) and the realization that despite all the advantages that YH, he still falls short and has a loooong way to go to grow up.

The only good thing I can say about YH right now is that he's rightly asking for a break. He should realize that it's time to just cut off the relationship, but a break is good too. After all, how can he be involved in a relationship when he still has a lot of own self-growth to go through. I don't know what it is about him, but the character of YH just bugs me now. He's like a waste of space and air. At least Miri adds interest. But YH adds nothing good and nothing bad to his environment. If all the world is a stage and everyone is an actor, then what value does YH add? Nothing. And it bugs me that this bland character was written as a lead.

As for Miri, I don't like her, but I felt really sorry for her at the end of Episode 13. Not so much for the slaps, but for the pictures that LH threw at her. That must have felt like being stripped naked to have those pictures of her revealed.

Guest imogene_af

^

I felt the exact same way, I did not feel sorry for her when she was slapped it was more of an amusing "OOOOOH" like a telenovela showdown almost, but when her bar girl photos were thrown to the floor, my heart broke with her. With her desperately clasping at each picture as you said, as if she was stripped naked. It was hard to watch.

As for DarthYooHyun, I guess he is just a broken man, idealistic, sheltered and really wants to love someone who is like his mother. Who in part I think IS acting up with his parents and thinks that Miri is his love. So here he is coming into a savior complex. He says he does not bring personal things in his business, but his approach is very idealistic for a businessman. Everyone is family, even Myung Hoon said that with Yoo Hyun he really wants to know a person. He is not really into the whole business veil like Myung Hoon, who isn't there to make friends but simply do his job.

My only justification of how YooHyun and Miri as some demented OTP is they are the karmic package for Lee Hwa and Old Song who are both responsible for neglecting a child fifteen to seventeen years ago. And that karmic package came with a black ribbon. I want it blown to their faces. Seriously.

Guest good123

Archived