[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Considering that Miss Ripley is ending tomorrow, it sure is quiet here! I've been a silent lurker so far, but it's really been a great ride. Although I do feel that it's such a pity the "best friend" storyline wasn't developed to even near its full potential. Hee Joo's character became so underdeveloped and while Myung Hong's role in the story also diminished at the end and lost any impact at least he was more fleshed out. If the drama had been extended (and well in advance), we might have gotten a whole lot more out of the original storyline.

Still, both the mother and Hirayama did a wonderful job. Hirayama is rather fascinating, but I agree with those who see him as an abusive husband material... Although he has a good side, like how he truly wants to protect Miri from those social upstarts, but that doesn't make up for his tendencies to do disregard her feelings entirely and try to lord over her like he does. Besides, Miri's scared of him and in more than one way (or level) because he represents everything bad in her past life which she's been doing her best to run away from. Ironically though, it's probably that very reason why she's always pretty honest in front of Hirayama or so I interpret it.

I think today's episode ended rather perfectly. Seeing Miri actually threaten herself to harm herself to make Hirayama stop, in an attempt to protect Yoo Hyun... how can anyone doubt the honesty in those words afterwards when she exclaims how she felt like a peson after meeting him, how she came to know love and happiness thanks to him. She really does love Yoo Hyun and I think the guy himself realized the same (he looked almost stricken). The reason he broke up with her was all her lies and that also means that he couldn't be of her true feelings for him back then, if she truly loved him.

As for tomorrow's episode, the preview was telling. I think Miri will wake up and disappear from the hospital causing people looking for her at the end of the preview. I just hope that she'll get her redemption and lead a normal decent life. A plus would be if Yoo Hyun and Miri get to meet again, a reunion but if not then we can always hope for it and an open ending won't necessarily close that door :P

btw, I think Mickey Yoochun has improved a lot acting-wise. And the more he acts the better he'll get I'm sure. Looking forward to see him in more dramas!

Guest baesama

what happen with YC's lower lip, does he get sting by a bee ? it's so full n red. . . . sexy. . . sexy . . . sexy B-)

Guest singapore0950

Finally I managed to watch ep.15 now. And still watching now......But without any subtitles. :( sob sob sob

However, I have a lot a lot of doubt......:-

Please anyone can explain to me?

1) While outside the Church what they talking about? Mean YH, Miri & mother.

2) After that, Miri mother left and what YH and Miri talking about? There are 2 scenes

a) while outside

B) inside of YH car while reading a newspaper.........something to happened? Did they talk about their relationship?

3) Why MH there? waiting for Miri and what they talking about?

another scenes Miri mother sick? Oh need opeartion to be done? that's strange!!! She looks so healthy!

oh the bad guy (forgot his name), so bad!! What are he doing in YH off building?

Oh dear, really need you all help to translate all these....:( thanks in advance

So sorry all for not be able to participate with much in here in this important time of the drama, really so busy at work :tears: but thank you all for recaps and updates here which made me know some glances of today's episode.

Only watched the cut of the last scene, really very touching scene for me. Although I don't understand anything but I really felt that scene and was soo sad and almost cried while Miri was threatening to kill herself for YH and how she was talking about him :tears::tears:

Can't wait for the ending although I will miss this unique drama soo much and also all of you :(

Miss Ripley FIGHTING :wub:

Guest good123

Medium Quality

Miss Ripley Eps. 15

200 Mb MKV File

http://depositfiles.com/files/3g8yglq2s   Ms.Ripley.E15.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.easy-share.com/1916757647/Ms.Ripley.E15.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.fileserve.com/file/JyH8KyT/Ms.Ripley.E15.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1474670784/Ms.Ripley.E15.XviD-HANrel.mkv

I guess seeing that Miri is threatening to kill herself to get Hirayama not to hurt Yuhyun show Yuhyun how real Miri love is for him. I don't think after discovering Miri lies he believe Miri love for him is real.....  

Guest bluemoonlight

Wow, we're almost to the end...I'm gonna miss this drama.

Ep 15 wasn't as "exciting" as ep 14, but we got more revelations and progress in the story. I'm glad they're having Miri's character pay for her crimes while also having some sort of redemption. I just hope that by Miri paying for her crimes that it's not death.

Some people here as well as on DB's blog mentioned that they think Miri will have amnesia...I think she will too. She might also revert back to being the 9 year old Miri right before her mother abandoned her...only remembering her happy times as a child and continuing life from that point on...forgetting everything and everyone from that point on.

Even though I wanted Miri and Yuhyun to be together, I belie e it's for the best they're alone as well as Myunghoon. They all need some time to themselves and reflect on their own lives before they can love or be loved by anyone else.

Guest babyfaceyoochun

"Miss. Ripley" Lee Da-hae angers at Choi Myeong-gil

photo183050.jpgLee Da-hae realized that Choi Myeong-gil is her birth mother.

On the 15th episode of MBC drama "Miss. Ripley", Jang Mi-ri (Lee Da-hae) realized that her birth mother was Lee Hwa (Choi Myeong-gil).

Mi-ri and Song Yoo-hyeon coincidentally met in the orphanage and Yoo-hyeon introduced Lee Hwa as "Mi-ri's mother". Mi-ri was bewildered at the fact that that was the mother who had left her. Lee Hwa said, "I checked everything. There must be a misunderstanding" and didn't want to accept the truth.

Mi-ri then asked Yoo-hyeon in betrayal, "You knew about this. Did you feel pity for me all this while? I wonder how sorry you felt for me when you realized the person who refused me as a daughter-in-law was my own mother? This is the payment for me lying to you".

Yoo-hyeon confessed, "Don't say it like that. I myself didn't know what to do. I didn't know why I was attracted to someone like you, someone who lied about everything to me. But I still couldn't forget that person. I did this because I wanted to know you better even a little bit".

Yoo-hyeon continued, "My grandmother was not well for a long time, that's why she made that kind of a decision". But Mi-ri still gritted her teeth with anger saying, "Is that why you left me? I'm supposed to understand someone who left me along? Is your kid something you can throw away? Do you have any idea how I have lived all this while?"

Meanwhile, Lee Hwa fainted at the shocking truth that she was Mi-ri's mother and that she was the one who drove her to the edge of the cliff. Mi-ri heard the news but said, "I don't have a mother. I don't care if she dies" and angered so much at her mother who had left her.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

"Miss. Ripley" first place, 15%

photo183047.jpgMBC drama "Miss. Ripley" is in first place with the end almost near.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on the 19th, "Miss. Ripley" on the 18th rated 15% on a national average.

With the Cin Jeong-ah case as its motive, the drama is about a woman lying about her life and succeeding but in the end collapsing. It is the one and only sincere romantic drama out of the comic ones recently and is quite popular among viewers.

Meanwhile, SBS "Warrior Baek Dong-soo" rated 14.3% which is 0.6% more than the previous episode and KBS 2TV "Spy MyeongWol" rated 6.7% which is 1.6% lower than the previous.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Copy & paste guideline for this article<br style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

sheherizade you honestly think she can have a happy ending? I think the prologue sort of stops me short of thinking that but I am rooting for some sort of redemption after all her consequences.

I know people find it a pity that HeeJoo and Myung Hoon sort of got pushed to the backburner with this twist, I agree that they are such talented actors and it is a waste... but I cannot deny that the shift to Lee Hwa and Hirayama as Miri's Achilles' heel(s) made the story far more intense. Miri is a strong character and she needed brash characters to beat her. The good conquering the evil would be effective if the good person was the protagonist. But having Miri as the central character and the main antiheroine it's just much more satisfying and a crashing dramatic punch to have snakes like her beat her. Also the focus among Lee Hwa, Hirayama and Miri as the three dark characters made them despicable but also very human.

I know there tends to be some hate when we bring up the circumstances Miri was in, but you cannot fault us if this is what the drama keeps on showing. That the sin of a mother catapuled into the sin of the daughter. It does not lessen Miri's crime and her lies, but it sure makes you think doesn't it?

Anyway, the rumors are still out that the audience STILL wants an extension. How do you feel about that, y'all?

ETA:

I keep on forgetting to give BIG PROPS to Jung Da Bin who plays the young Jang Miri. Her emotions really just grabs my heart. I mourn for the old Miri every time she is around. Her scene with Park Yoochun was nothing short of hearfelt. I wish to see more of her, even just in constant flashbacks or maybe Miri's spawn or something. Because it brings me both sadness and happiness when I see young Miri.

Imogene, I still hope for a happy ending for Miri after she pays for her sins.  But since this is kdramaland, it's wishful thinking on my part.  Most kdramas with melodramatic themes usually end in tragedy for the protagonists.

I was expecting Heejo would have a bigger role as Miri’s competitor for the love of YH as well as the person who would bring down Miri.  However, like you, the story of mother and daughter was more compelling and had to be explored to fully understand why Miri metamorphosed into a despicable yet tragic human being.

Episode 15 was so emotionally wrenching that I was crying almost throughtout the entire episode.  I was crying for the young Miri.  As a mother myself, I was thinking of my own daughter and how I would sacrifice my own life for her.  That’s why it’s hard to fathom what Lee Hwa did to her own daughter, sacrificed her in exchange for wealth and status which never really gave her any happiness.

I’m terribly disappointed with MH.  He was such an upstanding and decent character and for him to turn into a wimp for someone who not only dumped him but humiliated and stained his reputation was taking martyrdom into stupid-dom. What the Hey.

YH came through for me with flying colors.  Amidst all the hoopla, he was the calming presence when Miri found out that Lee Hwa was her mother, he was decisive when it came to handling the ongoing scandal when their family and business became fodder for the press, but most of all, he never stopped loving Miri.

I thought that Lee Hwa’s surgery was lame and too convenient.  This was a time when she had to face the consequences of her actions but the writer decided to put her in a coma.  At the very least, I was expecting a showdown between mother and daughter.  Alas, in the next episode, it would be Miri’s turn to be hospitalized and it looks like the big confrontation between the two may not come into fruition.

As long as the writer is able to give a satisfying ending, I don’t see any reason why the drama needs to be extended.  Sometimes extensions just make the drama more convoluted.

Guest singapore0950

Oh thanks so much!!!!

babyfaceyoochun, you was great!!!!

am sorry as I have nthg to share in this thread.:(

However, am in the watching streaming now and exciting exciting to watch the last ep. But another hands also worries it may sad ending. I have smthg to comment as well or those Miri lied YH & MH and hurts them badly. But love feeling it is not fake. As she are trying to protect YH. So why she threaten her life. right?

OMG!!!

However, thanks so much!!

Exciting and Looking forward English subtitles. Please Please......need you gals help.

And hope able to read and see recap as well for this ep.16 (last ep)....sob sob sob

Guest singapore0950

Oh sooooo strange!!

Miri mother fully recovered? Alrdy discharged? That's fast!!! Oh soooooo rush!!!

However, dun understand what YH are talking to Miri while she are lied on the bed. After YH send Miri friend off. While this time the bad guy come to visit Miri.

And the shock and amaze scene was he plays a music to Miri. As in the past Miri played this before.

all scenes now are talking about the bad guy are think bad all their history...... How Miri trying get out fr Jp.

YH overheard all outside .... te bedroom.

After that, YH run after bad guy.....and talk about? Don't know what they talking about? As what preview mentioned.

YH trying to confront the bad guy? while this scene and Miri mother and pay visit to Miri. Miri mother cried....

But my concern, really really wanna to know what talk about it. YH & Bad guy?

bad guy gives the flute to YH..... It is telling YH that the 1st met Miri and she was playing with the flute? Oh dear?

Please someone share?

OH Miri fingers moved.

while Miri mother there...................after that, doctor run and examine. YH saw it and run to the room too.

Finally, Miri awake!!!!! her friend came and visit her and fed her some of the food. Mother talking to Miri but Miri asked her to leave? I think so.....

Miri, trying to get up from the bed. And Miri mother knee down and asked to forgive. Oh no...

both cries badly...... And Miri looks angry toward her mother!!!!

YH and his daddy was outside the bedroom door. ooops!

After YH went in ....... and dunno what he talked to Mir & her mother. Mother left.

But why YH never show conern her? As YH left after his mother..........................Oh dear? It is they won't be together?

Guest singapore0950

Miri ended in the jail. And YH cried.........badly:( MH went back to become a doctor!!!!

after a year......

ooops! what will be end up? Daddy are talking to YH now?

asking him to give a chance to Miri? or that's no chance between YH & Miri anymore?

OMG! another 5 mins.........what will be next!!!!?

Archived